Cover Image: Everything is Fine

Everything is Fine

I really enjoyed this book.
It is certainly relatable to the modern world we live in, with everyone plugged in to social media and at times being controlled by it without even realising.
I thought the book was well written, lighthearted with great humour throughout.
I liked Jessica, the main character, and I’m hoping we get to meet her again - I can see that this could easily have the potential for sequels in the style of the “Shopaholic” series by Sophie Kinsella.
Overall a very enjoyable book which I rated 4⭐️ and would certainly recommend.
Everything is Fine by Gillian Harvey
(3/5)
This novel follows the life of influencer, Jessica Bradley. She shows one front on social media, but her life is truly a mess. It follows her and her up and coming PR firm and blog. While I thought this was a mindless and fun book, there were some portions where I was really annoyed with the main character and her choices. It does a good job of diving into relationships with family, children, and lovers. It is a cute book to escape into; however, I don’t think this one will stick with me for any amount of time.
A huge thank you to NetGalley and Orion Publishing Group for this e-book.
Review of Everything is fine by Gillian Harvey

Thank you for the opportunity to read this fun and lighthearted read I read it in one go yesterday while sat in the sunshine and was a perfect distraction from thinking about other things.

The title in itself really makes you think as how often do people ask how you are and you reply with everything is fine when really in reality it actually isn’t. The story is well written and highlights the issues faced in the social media age that we are now living in and how much pressure it puts on people to be perfect and to be leading the perfect life.

This was a fun and lighthearted read whilst at the same time delivering an important message of how important it is for us to be ourselves and who we want to be not who someone else wants us to be or wants us to look like. My mantra has always been I am me and if you can’t take me as you find me then I am not going to change to be something else ever since an ex partner tried to make me be someone I wasn’t and I found aspects of the relationship Jess had with Dave somewhat relatable to this but won’t go into as don’t want to give any spoilers away.

This was a brilliant first debut Novel and ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me. Would be great if there was a sequel showing how Jess is doing once she is able to be the person she wants to be and lead the life she wants to lead.
"Careful what you wish for! Fame and fortune come at a price!"

This story is so current! It centre's around Jessica, a blogger and Instagram influencer. She is trying to become the perfect person online but is anything from perfect. She's actually quite normal but her efforts to maintain this world she lives in are hilarious!

I've loved this book from page one and I didn't want it to end! Be prepared to want to jump in puddles!

It's an hilarious, uplifting, brilliant book. My first read by this author but it won't be my last

# hilarious  #  brilliant # winningatwriting
Loved this book! It is the reminder that we all need sometimes that the perfect life we see online isn’t always the life that person is leading. It’s a reminder to be true to you and quit playing the look at me game.
I really enjoyed this easy, laugh out loud read. The book follows the story of Jessica, who I really didn’t like at first as she came across shallow, self-centred and image focused. It is very much a real life scenario book and how people depend on the ‘likes’ and followers on social media for self appreciation and other people’s expectations. Jessica’s character grows and realises what really is important  and what makes her happy. I look forward to reading other books by this author. This is an unbiased review in return for a copy of this book from NetGalley.
I have enjoyed this light, easy read. I have particularly enjoyed the jaw dropping moments that either made me laugh out loud or gasp in horror and disgust at Dave. This has been a difficult one for me as I didn't really like Jessica. It seemed to me that early on she knew that everything was NOT fine, but chose to do nothing about it in order to keep her online following.
I was glad that she made the right choice in the end, but the ending seemed a little abrupt so fell a little flat for me.
While not a book that will win any awards, Everything is Fine is a easy read that was needed between some of my usual heavy thrillers. While I did like the main character Jessica, her life felt a bit slapstick at times and I did find myself getting frustrated with her, wanting to shake her to wake up and stop with all the ridiculous white lies. For obvious reasons, I disliked Dave from the outset but to be honest, he didn't feel realistic to me. I simply couldn't imagine anyone (however gym obsessed they were), acting the way he did in the plot. Overall there were some strong themes in the story and I enjoyed all the modern references, especially as someone who is all to aware of the perils of social media.

Thanks NetGalley for the ARC of this book.
Everything is Fine was an absolute joy to read! It gave me those happy feelings that I got when I first read Bridget Jones's Diary, with its brilliant voice, humour and characterisation. It’s definitely given me a taste for more adult comedy novels.

It feels like you're plunged into a real life, with social media and Jessica's struggles coming across as very relatable. Jessica is a great main character! She gets herself tangled up in all sorts of outlandish situations and I couldn't stop reading until I saw how it all worked out.

The voice also adds to the feeling of realism. Jessica comes across as a real person spilling all of her feelings and experiences. The dialogue is witty and believable, and there is an interesting cast of characters.

I'd definitely recommend Everything is Fine as a fun, feel-good read that gives perfect escapism for these uncertain times.
Really good read. Would recommend to friends and family. I could sympathise with characters (important for any fiction novel!) and looked forward to picking it up and reading the next few chapters! Interesting plot line and a good ending. Will look out for more novels by the author. Thank you.
It took a while for me to get into this because I was seeing that the protagonist WASNT  fine and no one in the book seemed to really notice. This was a brilliant portrayal of how our Instagram life differs from real life. Of how women should have it all and post it full of filters for the #soblessed instaworthy life
This book was recommended to me by another book lover and it did not disappoint! It was so fun, hilarious in places but also had a more serious thread running through it.

Jessica Bradley has a perfect boyfriend, a successful marketing business and a thriving Instagram page that has drawn attention due to her boyfriends perfect abs. She also has a wonderful daughter, Anna.

Just as her life seems as though it is going from strength to strength there is a little blip, as she really isn't as 'health conscious' as she is making out on her blog. Truth be told, she wants a little break from the super healthy eating and perfect diet. Her boyfriend breaks up with her temporarily and her life is all a bit of a mess. But Jess tries to keep up appearances and fake her perfect life to keep her business and followers and that is when the fun really begins.

This really was hilarious, uplifting and just so much fun. I also loved the more serious underlying messages in this one and it was just delightful.
Thank you to NetGalley and Orion for providing me with this ARC.

Everything is Fine is quirky comedy about what happens when your perfect life on social media doesn't quite match up to the real thing. Jessica is struggling to juggle her work running a PR company, being a mum to her teenage daughter, and keeping up appearances on her fitness and lifestyle blog. When her gym-obsessed boyfriend decides she's 'let herself go' and suddenly breaks up with her, a few little white lies pile up - and before Jessica knows it, her life is wildly off-course.

Jessica is a flawed but likeable character who is forced to confront what her priorities in life are - something I think a lot of us can relate to in our hectic modern lives. She's flawed and makes mistakes, lurching from one embarrassing situation to the next, and although the storyline verges on the slightly ridiculous at times, it's all lighthearted enough to keep you entertained and reading along.

Everything is Fine is a fun bit of escapism - something we all need right now!
Everything Is Fine’ is the debut novel by Gillian Harvey.

Jessica Bradley has it all: the perfect boyfriend; influential healthy-eating blog; successful PR company and wonderful daughter, Anna. Or at least that is what her thousands of followers believe. The truth is, her boyfriend just broke up with her in four words on a post-it; her zest for healthy-eating has all but disappeared; her PR success is all reliant on her now not-so-honest online-life and she just got caught eating her daughter’s Coco-Pops. So as they say: fake it ’til you make it. A few little white lies and phoney smiling selfies and Jess can keep up appearances. But when her real-life starts to spiral out of control how can Jess tell the truth from the lies? And will she be able to seize real happiness when it is right in front of her?

‘Everything Is Fine’ is a honest and funny story about the pressures of social media and society that we put on ourselves and how easy it is to take the smallest of things for granted.

Seen solely from the perspective of PR guru, influencer and single mum Jessica, when her gym obsessed boyfriend breaks up with her apparently letting herself go, she uses the magic of social media to convince her followers that her life is going perfectly and heartbreak isn’t on her mind. To occupy herself, she brings on some new unique and well known clients as well as creates a fake engagement with some help from the ex.

This was an extremely fun and enjoyable story to curl up with. With relatable characters having to deal with the pressures of the perfect life through lies and filters. Jessica was a great lead and one I found myself relating with a lot, the pressure of social media, family, the ticking biological clock, it was all combined in this story, but was all delivered with wit and warmth, and sensitivity when dealing with the hardships of fertility.

With snappy narrative, fun characters and disastrous situations, ‘Everything Is Fine’ was a laugh out loud story that was a joy from start to finish and a book that every reader will identify and relate too.

You can pre-order ‘Everything Is Fine’ from Amazon and will be available to buy from good bookshops from 28th May 2020.
Such a great, fun read. This is very ‘now’ for a subject of influencers and the focus on their attention, but this was really funny. It’s well written and Jessica is such a lovely character you are drawn in by her and the story. It’s an addictive and fast paced read and was sad it ended when I did, but I’m hoping there’s more to come. I’ll definitely be reading future books.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
After reading a few heavy thrillers and crime books recently, I was looking for something a little more lighthearted to read during lockdown, and Everything is Fine was just the ticket.

Everything is Fine (a title I can’t read without hearing the voice of Ross Geller from Friends)  tells the story of 30 something Mum Jessica, a PR business owner and online influencer, who started a blog sharing her online fitness journey. When she met Dave, the six packed, clean eating fitness fanatic; it did wonders for her social following and on the surface at least, through those squares on the grid and her blog posts online: her life is pretty perfect.

But is insta perfection all it’s cracked up to be? Quickly the lines between social media and reality star to blur, what’s real anymore? Keeping the blog successful is really crucial - but at what cost? Who is the real Jessica and is she happy?

As a blogger myself I could relate to so much of this; from the ridiculous comments on blog posts and the setting up of perfectly posed photographs. If I ignored the reference to freebies (nothing is free if you have to work for it!!) and her blatent misrpresentation on reviews (something I wouldn’t do!) then I was able to really relate to some of the challenges of being an online influencer; and the impact it has on relationships and reality,

With lots of funny, cringe worthy and laugh out loud moments, Jessica felt like a cross between Bridget jones and Becky Bloomwood, I loved her relationship with her brother and best mate, and her interfering but loveable mum who always jumped to conclusions.

The clients were fun and humorous, from a cow semen facial to ‘Little Secrets’ the nappy sized incontinence pads and if Robert’s book was real - hell I’d read that too. Who doesn’t want to embrace their inner child?

My only negative? The ending felt really sudden and a little rushed, so I felt like I’d been robbed of a full conclusion. Whilst the ending I wanted would have been pretty predictable; it felt like it hadn’t fully finalised the story - leaving open for a sequel perhaps?

The queen of metaphors; any book that uses the word discombobulated gets my vote. A fun lighthearted and humorous take on social media in 2020 and the constant need to keep up pretences.
Very much enjoyed this book. The story of an internet influencer who gets carried away with trying to maintain the perfect image, it's fresh and funny, with well-drawn characters - a clever jab at the cult of Instagrammable perfection.
Thank you to NetGalley and Orion for this ARC.

I really enjoyed the commentary on how it feels to live in a social media age and the constant pressure to be perfect. It was a nice reminder that social media shows the best of people and what they want you to see, and life is not always perfect from behind the scenes.

I loved following Jessica's story and thought it was really funny and heartwarming. I enjoyed getting to know all the characters and the dynamics of different types of family units and I really liked Bea and her story. I loved how the book demonstrated that friendships aren't always perfect.

I wish there was a "6 months on" so we could see how Jessica's story ended with her change in lifestyle as I felt the ending was rather sudden.

I really enjoyed this book and finished it in just over a day, would definitely recommend.
Relatable take on the absurdity of fake social media life and it’s hilarious consequences. Heartwarming and easy going, a lovely light read during lockdown.
At first my thoughts about this book was that it felt a bit cringe as them kind of people in real get on my nerves! Also the font and text colour when reading Jessica's blog posts kept changing from paragraph to paragraph.

Now onto my positive thoughts of the book. I enjoyed reading about the family relationships between Jessica and her mum as you could tell even though her mum seems to be picky and annoying, she's just doing what she thinks is best! The relationship between Jessica and her daughter Anna was a bit more on the safer side as Jessica plans to hear her daughters troubles but something always seems to pop up - boyfriend, work or just her blog. Will Anna want to become like her mum or will something happen that could wake up both her mum and dads perfect life?

I also found myself laughing at Jessica's clients, from an artist in the news for all the wrong kinds of reasons, a up and coming author on how to re-find happiness  (also, I wish this was a real book) and the reality star not actually using the products!

The main reason I gave this book 3 stars was that I was always waiting for a certain bit to happen (slight hints were given) but never did, I realised when i was 93% into the book, it was defiantly past the good parts and felt the end chapter was a bit of a let down.