Cover Image: Killing Mind (Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller Book 12)

Killing Mind (Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller Book 12)

4 Stars!!

I'm new to the Kim Stone series, but, I'm in love! I love Kim and her team and their witty banter! Add in a good murder and I'm already waiting for the 13th installment!

This storyline was pretty cool. A former cult member commits suicide or did she?!? Enter interesting characters and a peek into cult life. No spoilers here, you'll have to read it yourself.

Looking forward to going back and readying the first eleven books in the series!

A special thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture, and Angela Marsons for providing me with an ARC.
Been a fan of this series for a long time and this one did not disappoint! As someone who likes to read about cults, this was a perfect read!
Thank you to Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A compelling read from this very talented author. Gripping and easy to read. Recommended. Now I have to read the rest of the books by this fabulous author.
I’ve read and loved all if Angela  Marsons books to date and loved them all and I’d recommend reading them in order to get the full feel of them as there is a common thread through them all and you get a better sense of the characters and their relationships with each other as the series progresses.
 Killing Mind is #12 in the series and Detective Kim Stone finds Samantha Brown lying in bed with her throat slit and a knife in her hand and as there is no sign of forced entry or a struggle it looks like a suicide but when Kim meets with Samantha’s parents she finds them very evasive and her gut tells her they are hiding something thus begins a case which takes us in the dark and dangerous world of cults and predators. A compelling read that is written in Angela’s unique style that keeps you completely hooked from beginning to end!!!!

Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and Angela Marsons for the ARC of killing Mind my review is honest and unbiased.
DI Kim Stone is one of my favorite police procedural series & Marsons never disappoints!

Book 12 takes us into the dark, predatory and disturbing world of cults which always intrigues me. As Kim delves deeper into an apparent suicide that isn't sitting right with her, she finds herself connecting other murders and frantically looking for a killer with cult connections.

The mystery is great - they always are, it's Marsons. But what makes these books for me are the recurring characters - Kim and her team. Honestly, I can't say it enough - they have become like friends I know over the course of the series. You become so invested in them and Marsons knows how to continuously develop her characters while always giving us fresh layers and fresh cases to uncover.

If you haven't read this series - you must! I can't recommend it highly enough to do it justice.
One of the best detective series I have ever read and this being the 12 book in the series I am thrilled that Marsons keeps the story lines fresh and page turning! A brilliantly creative series that always leaves me wanting more!
When the body of 21 year old Samantha Brown is found DI Kim Stone at first is convinced that it's a clear case of suicide but after taking a closer look at the crime scene photos changes her mind to murder . When another victim is found with similar wounds Kim and her team find all the clues lead to Unity Farm, a cult retreat for people seeking an alternative way of life . It’s up to Kim and her team  to uncover the truth before any new victims are targeted by the cult .

Killing Mind by Angela Marsons is the 12th book in the DI Kim Stone series by author Angela Marsons. An outstanding series, this one continues along the same lines, an exciting well written, tightly plotted, intense thriller with well -developed  characters that kept me hooked to the end. Cannot wait for the next one !

I would like to thank Bookouture & NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest and fair review.
WoW!!!  You have done it again! Outstanding!!!! Killing Mind by Angela Marsons is the twelfth book in this brilliant Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller series and OMG is has been a great roller coaster ride! I was hooked from the very first few pages and I loved it.  I have read this series from the very first book called Silent Scream back in 2015 to now and this Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller series has only just got better and better.

I Highly recommend this series of books.

Fantastic Book and so looking forward to the next installment of Detective Kim Stone

Big Thank you to Bookouture and Netgalley for my advanced copy of this book to read. All opinions are my own and are in no way biased.
Fantastic.  The scenes at Unity Farm were particularly interesting and eye opening, I was most concerned for Twink and relieved when the case was resolved.
Another Amazing book by Angela Marsons!
I absolutely love the way she writes in such a way that keeps the reader hooked!
I cannot wait to read the next book!
I was really happy to be back with Kim and her team for another wonderful story!  This time Kim and her team were investigating a new age cult, to find out what had happened to certain people who had gone missing from it and some people who had died in relation to it.

I really enjoyed this book.  I had been finding it to be a slower read than Angela's others books and I was going to give it 4 stars, however, the last quarter of the book picked up the pace and was more exciting and this made me give the book 5 stars.  I was surprised at who the killer was and I enjoyed the psychology in the book and learning more about how a cult and mind control works.

I am looking forward to reading the next installment of Kim and her team when that time comes!  Angela Marsons is one of my favourite authors and I have read nearly all of her books now.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
As expected, Killing Mind is utterly fantastic.

It never ceases to amaze me how Marsons manages to make each instalment of this series better than the one before. Not only are the crimes and criminals more twisted but the development of the plots and characters running through each book is outstanding.

Killing Mind not only focusses on a new wave of killings for the team to investigate, but our beloved Bryant is going through the most heartbreaking of times thanks to a previous case.

Until now, Bryant has been the steadying yin to Stone's fiery yang. He is the calming, rational thinker. The one who stops Kim jumping head first into everything so it was shocking, and somewhat refreshing, to see the roles reversed when the convicted killer from one of his first ever cases is up in front of the parole board. For twelve (technically thirteen if you count First Blood, the secret prequel released last year) we have grown to love and adore how he looks out for Kim and the team. He's the one who you just know you'd turn to for help if you knew him in real life and it was heart-wrenching watching him go through so much turmoil.

While Bryant is slightly distracted, Kim and Co are investigating what originally looked like a suicide but which soon becomes a multiple-murder enquiry and as the body count rises, the team find the link between the victims to be a local farm/retreat. As there's a huge secrecy about what goes on there, Kim has no choice but to send in an undercover officer. But at what cost?

What follows is an unparalleled thriller where nothing is as it seems and where the emotional side of Kim comes to the fore... we see her in a new light, one we've only seen glimmers of in the past but which Marsons is showing us more and more of as each book (not that Kim would admit that, mind!)

This team have been so much together and following their journey is an honour. It really is.

There's something magical about opening these books for the first time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's like going to family gathering and catching-up with people you haven't seen for a while but who you love and miss every day. If you haven'tread one yet, don't be put off by how many there are, you can start at the beginning (I'm beyond jealous of those who have this wonderful world to discover for the first time) and you will fly through them... Or you can start from this one and not be floundering as Marsons is wonderful at telling you what you need to know from the previous books without ruining the new plot.

Once again, Killing Mind is beyond brilliant and you need to read it. NOW!

HUGE thanks to Kim and the Bookouture team for my advanced review copy, and of course, to Angela and Julie for keeping this wonderful series going and making it stronger with each instalment.

What a bloody team. I bloody love it!
I've come to trust the Angie Marsons/Kim Stone brand so much that I hit request on NetGalley, without bothering to read the blurb. I knew it would be awesome and it sure was! Settling in with a Kim Stone book is now synonymous with having a guaranteed thrilling & suspenseful time. This is one of the best series out there!
Killing Mind is an apt title for the book that focuses on a case where vulnerable people are chosen for victims & have been more than brain-washed into joining a cult-like group.  Like always, all team members pull their weight & race against time to solve the case. The sub-plot involving Bryant & his first case as a cop was great too. I was happy to see the return of Tink. She's a refreshing new addition to the team & I hope she stays. I loved every chapter of this book, building the suspense with every page turn. Coincidentally, I was also watching Wild Wild Country on Netflix, so the timing was great and made it impactful! I honestly can't wait for the next!
Thank You NetGalley, Bookouture & Angie Marsons for an arc!
This series just gets better and better. Angela Marsons manages to keep thinking of twists and turns to keep us guessing right to the end.
As always Angela Marsons was amazing.

This 12th installment in Detective Kim Stone series talks about Cults.

This book explores the world of cults - psychology, the manipulation, the grooming, etc. It's quite fascinating and frightening at the same time. The book opens as Detective Stone is called to the apartment of Samantha Brown whose death is believed to be a suicide but then things begin to not add up and soon DI Stone and her team find more victims and the clues all point to a place called Unity Farm.

In addition to the cult case, Bryant finds himself haunted by one of his past cases. This installment also prominently features Stacey, Penn, and Tiff “Tink” who appeared in book 11, and of course Barney, the dog. I love all of these characters, but I have really grown to love Penn. I would love to see more of him. One character who works to deprogram cult members seems to have the potential to appear in a future installment, but I might just be reading too much into things.

Engaging, captivating, well written and thought-provoking. I look forward to more books in this series in the future.
Once again Angela Marsons has brought us another excellent instalment of the Kim Stone Series. We are on Book 12 now and I have loved every one. This instalment was no different. Kim Stone is definitely one of my favourite characters and once again we are treated to the delights and insecurities of her character.

I absolutely adore the character dynamics between Kim and Bryant. I love how their friendship has developed over time, and shows that main character need not fall in love with each-other to create an excellent relationship which runs central to every storyline. The team as a whole are all slight misfits who have been joined together and the dynamic is fantastic. It truly enhances the story every time.

This book delves into the murky world of cults, and life at Unity farm, a retreat for people seeking an alternative way of life. Someone is preying on people's vulnerabilities and it is up to Kim and her team to solve the case before it's too late. The team are called to the scene of an apparent suicide of a young woman, Samantha Brown , but after talking to her distraught, and suspicious parents, and going over the crime scene photos, Kim has the case re-classified as a murder. When another body is discovered, found in a lake with its throat cut, the race is on to find the killer. Roads point to Unity Farm, can Kim infiltrate the place and find out what is actually going on before it's too late?

As a run along story, this book sees Bryant re-face one of the most harrowing cases from his past, and this allows us to see more of Bryant's character and how his career as an officer developed. It is a very good side story, tha itself could have been turned into a book.

Angela Marsons is a fantastic crime writer who NEVER disappoints. She has an incredible talent  and I cannot wait for Book 13!. A must-read, I highly recommend.

Thank you to Angela Marsons, Bookouture and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Angela Marsons does it again.  Yet again another 5 star book. Another fantastic book by Angela in the Kim Stone series.  This series is absolutely brilliant with each book leaving you wanting more.  Totally engrossing with extremely believable characters .Love how the characters have their own sub plots.  I really hope this series runs and runs and cant wait for the next installment.
Featuring Detective Kim Stone, this book was a fast-paced suspense/police procedural about dealing with a cult and its effects on its members.  Stone ends up sending one of her officers into the cult undercover and puts Tiff in grave danger.  The clues are there for this well-written whodunit, but you have to read carefully to follow them to their logical conclusion.  At first, I was a little put off by the whole cult theme because I didn’t want to read about a cult group.  But this book was so well done, with the them of mind control but also the underlying theme of the dangerous effects of this control.  Kane was an interesting character, a man who is tasked with taking young adults from the cult and re-training their minds. The spooky good parts of the book are when Kane is being interviewed.  I enjoyed the book although I did think that it had a slow start.  The pace picked up quickly as Stone moved from one suspect to another and after the second body was found.  Fans of police procedurals and suspense will enjoy this book.
Disclaimer
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, “Guides Concerning The Use of Testimonials and Endorsements in Advertising.”
Starting this book in the afternoon was a mistake.  As it grabbed my attention from the start, there was no slow chapters, no place to pause, so I read all the way through.  The action in the book was sometimes subtle but easily switched into tense, high drama quickly.  Detective Kim Stone does not stop until the crime is solved.  5 stars
From page one I was glued to this book. The research done by Marsons is very clear as she really captures the psychological dependence of the cult members and the slow yet insidious programming that occurs to make them so dependent.

This was a real exploration into vulnerability and the mechanics of the human mind. The variety of characters made this compelling reading. I was so wrapped up in each storyline that I barely took a breath.

I have to say, I didn't see the ending coming ... I also didn't expect many of the twists and turns along the way either and this was because the story was so tightly plotted. It led you to one conclusion, only to whip it away from you leaving you reeling.

Marsons very subtly keeps you on edge not quite sure of which characters to trust and which not to trust.

I think the thing I love most about these novels though is Kim Stone. She is a work in progress (aren't we all) and I love the way her relationship with her team shows how she is developing as a boss and a friend. Her support of Bryant, in particular , in this one was beautiful to read and being privy to Kim's thought processes makes it all the more delicious.

Five Big Ones from me!