Cover Image: The Garden of Forgotten Wishes

The Garden of Forgotten Wishes

As usual a really enjoyable book fromTrisha Ashley, I'm only sorry that I've come to the end, roll on the next one.
This book was an absolute delight, lovely characterisation and great description of setting.
It was wonderful to snuggle up with a story that demands nothing from you other than to enjoy it. Will certainly read more by this author.
The Garden of Forgotten Wishes by Trisha Ashley was another great book that captivated me from the first few pages. Loved all the antics of Casper the cat, having cats myself it made me laugh out loud. A great feel good read.
Marnie takes a job as a gardener helping an old garden back to life. She has a lovely cottage as part of the package.
I loved the chararcters, the setting, the ice cream and the romance. This book has it all and you really don't want to come to the end. I loved every page.
I really enjoyed this book and got really involved with the Characters and the area that they lived. I enjoyed the flashbacks and discovering the various parts of the hidden family history that was described through the book. It was great to follow the restoration of the Garden and I recognised the inspiration of the Poison Garden from Alnwick Castle Gardens. Well recommended.
I loved this book.
It had all the elements I enjoy in a book, strong main characters, quirky secondary characters, great descriptions of locations, a book you can escape into and a very enjoyable story.
I enjoyed the gardening theme running through the book. Trishas excellent descriptions of the gardens meant I could picture it in my head and how Marnie and Ned brought it back to life.
I would recommend this book to anyone
Thank you to Netgalley,Random House Uk and Trisha for giving me the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review
Ive not read any of Trishas books before, I have no idea why?! I absolutely loved it and can’t wait for the next one!
A lovely book, written with Trisha Ashley's customary warmth and skill. I enjoyed it.

Many thanks to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review.
5 stars. One of my favourite reads during lock down. The story was lovely and heart-warming and the characters were well developed. This is my favourite  book by this author I think :)
A lovely, gentle read for summer.

Marnie escaped from a mentally abusive relationship and fled to France. After a few years there, she returns to the UK and a gardening job with a tied cottage in the village her ancestors came from (but she doesn’t want to admit that).

Marnie’s neighbour, Ned, is someone she remembers from school as being pleasant and friendly, but when they meet by chance, he’s very different. However, he does change and they become friends.

Based on a gardening background, this book is written in Trisha’s usual style and I really enjoyed it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Random House UK for an advance reader copy in return for an honest review.
I enjoyed this so much, although I don’t think there’s much better than a Trisha Ashley book for making me feel all warm and fuzzy. I really loved  Marnie & watching her storyline new life unfold, god knows she deserved a fresh start and happiness.  I loved watching her learn to trust again, to connect and have faith. A great heartwarming read, always guaranteed to make you smile, may involve the odd tear if you are like me, but largely smiles and happiness, fantastic.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
After escaping from her viscous and controlling husband Marnie moves to France to carry on her work as a gardener and recover from what her husband had done to her. When hearing that he has remarried Marnie applies for and gets offered a position in her mother’s home town. A town that Marnie promised her mother she would never go to.
When Marnie meets one of her new bosses Ned and realises that she went to college with him she is thinks it is a good sign however Ned is not so happy to see her and doesn’t want her there after hearing the rumours that circulated about how she quit her job making some serious allegations about her co workers and boss.
After telling Ned that the resignation letter did not come from her but for her ex husband he agrees to let her work with him on his estate to prepare it for opening to the public. But Marnie has another secret, one that she feels will destroy the relationship and trust she has built with Ned. However after a scary encounter with some locals and being rescued by Ned, Marnie comes clean to him. She hopes that she can repair the damage but she is worried it is too late.
I really enjoyed the characters in the book and could imagine the village and the gardens based on the authors descriptions. Although there was a bit where it became a bit tedious when Marnie kept putting off talking to Ned but that is the only thing that I could fault on.
Thank you to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for a copy of this eARC in exchange for an honest review
4.5*
What a gorgeous book! A wonderful, feel-good read packed full with lovely snippets about gardens.

Marnie managed to get herself away from a controlling husband and has been a bit of a nomad ever since, travelling to France where she works in various gardening projects. With the news that he has remarried, she finally feels safe to return home to the UK and manages to find a position in what was her mother's home village. With her adopted sister living nearby, and the man next door being an old college friend, life is finally looking up for Marnie - or at least she hopes so.

I loved absolutely loved everything about this one! Whilst Marnie's story isn't all sweetness and light, her positivity shines through each and every page. The gardens are beautifully detailed, and easy to imagine from the fabulously descriptive writing. With well developed characters and a problem or two thrown in, this makes for an excellent read, and one I would most definitely recommend to everyone who likes to close a novel with the feeling of happiness and satisfaction. I must mention the terrific cover which is beautifully illustrated and just perfect for the contents! A full five sparkling stars, fully deserving each and every one.

My thanks to the publisher for my copy via NetGalley; this is - as always - my honest, original and unbiased review.
This was the perfect light, escapist read for me during lockdown! I enjoyed getting to know Marnie and her new life in Jericho's End, as well as the many quirky side characters. Trisha Ashley's books are always well written and enjoyable, and this one is no exception.
Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Marnie & her new life at Jericho's end. Tricia Ashley always creates a wonderful story & this was yet another magical story to lose yourself in
The Garden of Forgotten Wishes was a delightful read. I can always rely on Trisha Ashley to deliver such heart-warming stories.
Trisha's characters spring to life and by the end of the book, they feel like life long friends - like I know their moods, their weaknesses, their dreams...
Marnie Ellwood was young when she lost her Mum - just 12 years old.
Marnie remembers something that her Mum tells her but doesn't think much of it. Until years later.
How will she fare when a job, perfect for her and her needs, becomes available to her in Jericho's End? - A place that her Mum had warned her to never visit.
Marnie - divorced and insecure, with the support of her best friend, Treena, moves from France back to the UK.
Quirky Elf and Myfy are just a couple of the wonderful people of Jericho's End, who give Marnie a warm welcome, but will others be as welcoming?
I loved this story: mysterious, heartbreaking and yet full of humour and cosy warmth, with hope for new chances and a brighter future.
My taste buds were tingling as I read and I could clearly picture the beautiful gardens. I love gardening, so I also enjoyed this part of the book.
I think that this story is well researched and thought out and I liked the surprises that cropped up.
I highly recommend this book - it is the perfect escape!

My thanks to Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via NetGalley.
This is my honest and unbiased review.
Thank you NetGalley for an advance copy of this book, as I needed a lovely delightful book to brighten up my days during lockdown; I have read other books by Trisha Ashley so was looking forward to this new one.

It did not disappoint. Marnie has just left a traumatic marriage and is looking for a new challenge, a new start. She returns to her mother''s home village and takes a job as a gardener; she is reconnected with an old pal from Horticultural College, Ned, who runs the garden that he is workingon and hoping to open to the public. The job comes with a little flat and she feels safe and relaxed now, doing a jib she loves.

The story continues on how Marnie heals and finds peace; but something is being kept secret and will it ruin this new found happiness? Read it to find out more.....
The first book I have read by Trisha Ashley was the 12 days of Christmas. I loved it and since then I have probably read most of her books, so I was really looking forward to reading  The Garden of Forgotten wishes and it certainly didn't disappoint. It is a great story with great characters. Definitely recommend it
Absolutely loved getting lost in Trisha land for a few precious hours. The perfect antidote to the stresses and strains of real life just now !

Trisha’s books always have that balance of good story, will they/ won’t they romance (we know they will really ) and interesting background characters - including a beautiful old rose garden. It is also lovely to meet up again with characters from previous books. It all adds to the warm glowing feeling that comes from the story - I never want to leave that lovely world !

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance review copy.
When Marnie returns from France, where she ran too after escaping an abusive marriage, she relocates to Jericho’s End. The place where her mother grew up, and has let it be known that Marnie should never visit. Here she bumps into her old college friend, Ned, who is working with her to restore the gardens at Ild Grace Hall.

Here secrets are uncovered and romance blooms.

This is definitely one for garden lovers, a lovely escape.