Cover Image: The Garden of Forgotten Wishes

The Garden of Forgotten Wishes

Trisha's books never fail to put a great big smile on my face, and this one is no exception. It was the perfect escapism in a book. With fantastic characters. A really wonderful uplifting easy to read book. Loved it.
Garden of forgotten wishes by Trisha Ashley
 I really did enjoy this book it only took me 2 days to read easy story to read I do not want to give too much away about the plot so I won't go into too much detail but is it's about old house with lots of lovely Gardens that has been redone the main characters are both very strong you will feel pulled towards them  I liked how they both had history and how they knew one another from the past but that was very good and the story from the old book were mixed into it  it was interest the I will say that there were both gardeners i was  interest in how abd what they was doing with the garden how they found the garden now they wanted to get  back in the Victorian time which was really interesting I how they  got all the old plans and I could see what the plans were and how they was going to have the plants now I really enjoyed that part of it is a set I could see it in my head the descriptions where were very good the writing stylish very easy to follow when you are pulled into the story you get to know the main characters really well which is nice and I liked how you you knew the background of each character and how they interweave together I did like that  It a very good book I will give it 4 stars you could see the grand reopening in your mind which I like I like how the plot ended is very good book and I hope it will carry on another one because it could do thank you NetGalley for letting me read
I’m a fan of Trisha Ashley’s books and this one does not disappoint. The storyline is excellent and I love the way she a.ways weaves characters and locations from previous books, it never feels forced and brings back memories of other books that I have enjoyed.
A huge thank you to Netgalley for allowing me to review this book.

I will be honest I was very excited when Netgally chose me to review this book as I am a huge Trisha Ashley fan and her latest book did not disappoint.

The story follow Marnie, adopted following the death of her mother, who found a new life in France after leaving her dreadful husband Mike for a new and quiet life. As time went on Marnie finds herself back in the UK, in fact back where her mother grew up, trying to hide her identity and hide from her past.

It’s a complex story which Trisha handles brilliantly in her usual style. I would describe the story as an escape into the rose garden, with family saga and romances entwined. The connection between Marnie and Ned builds nicely and I would love a cat like Casper! The descriptions of the gardens are detailed enough to imagine the footsteps of Marnie wondering down the gravel footpaths taking in the sights of each garden.

Trisha’s style of writing is simple, but not in a negative way. It allows the reader to escape into their own imagination without complication. I have already recommended this book to family in friends when I was just half way through. If romance, family saga and rose gardens tempts you then this is the book for you a perfect back garden read.

This book is published on 23rd July 2020 – so a huge thank you to Netgally allowing me to read this before publication
A lovely story with a different subject in gardening. It was interesting and enjoyable and I would definitely recommend this book to those readers who enjoy this type of book.
This book takes Marnie back to Lancashire. I liked all the worldly magical goings on of the village, representing the history of the area: witches, fairies etc. Marnie meets Ned who she went to gardening college with. They have both been bruised in the past and must overcome their trust issues. A lazy Sunday reading choice. Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for letting me review this book.
A lovely book but lacking in story for me. If you are an avid gardener perhaps it will cater to you more. I found it slow and to be honest a bit irritating.
It's a while since I read a Trisha Ashley books and I'm glad I've rediscovered her.  I thoroughly enjoyed  this gentle light read with more than a touch of romance and a sprinkling of magic.  An added bonus of a couple of ice cream recipes at the end of the book which I have made a note of and shall be trying especially the one as my lavender bushes are coming into bloom.   A wonderful melange of characters, most lovable, some in an eccentric way, plus some of the evil villain type, to even the mix, who you know are going to rear their ugly heads but dealt with superbly comic way.  The romance is predictable but the path to it is not and well deserved at the end.  Thoroughly recommended escapism.
I found this book hard to put down, usually it take me 3-4weeks to read a book but this one only took me 5 days.  I loved the descriptions of the garden, waterfall and cafe.  If you love gardening you will enjoy reading this.
Trisha Ashley simply writes the very best books. she never disappoints and this story was gorgeous.  I'm a very keen gardener so loved all the gardening references however i could imagine that if gardening isn't your thing it might become a little tedious.  The story rolls along at a gentle pace, no shocks or horror stories just a lovely rom-com to cheer your heart and ease your soul.  Of course there was a bit of will they, won't they, a rogue, a bully and a bit of hidden history but the story was all the richer for these...oh..and there was ice-cream and recipes at the end of the book for delicious treats.  Wonderful stuff!

thank you to NetGalley and Bantam Press for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review
After fleeing from her controlling husband, who blackened her professional reputation, Marnie spends five anonymous years in France restoring the gardens of several chateau.  On returning to England she successfully obtains a job aiding the restoration of a garden in the village her mother grew up in and had begged Marnie never to visit.
This summer read encompasses mystery, folklore, romance and a host of gardening tips. Although not the best of gardeners, I found the restoration process very interesting informative.  The Rose garden in particular was so well described you could almost smell the roses!
Look out for Caspar, he steals the story.
A charming book. Great characters and settings. one for all the gardening lovers. Flew through this book in a couple of day. Definitely recommend.
I have read all of Trisha Ashleys book, I follow her on Facebook, so you could say I am a bit of a fan! I was super excited to be able to read this prior to the publication, I wasn't disappointed, I galloped through the book in three nights, - I read in bed.......  the joy of having a kindle.  Once again we are in Lancashire in the wonderful eccentric area that a lot of Trisha's  books are set, I like it when there are little touches back to other books - subtle - you would only know if you have read others, so a perfect stand alone book, but you still feel the links.  I loved all the characters and the nice way we learn about the backstory of Marnie and Neds ancestors in small chapters inserted within the main story.   So many wonderful characters, all refreshing and a wonderful garden to visualise, but I think we have to agree that the star of the book is Caspar! I was sad to finish as I so love her books.  Roll on the next one.
A gorgeous hug of a book with all the trademark Trisha Ashley ingredients that I've come to love including a host of interesting, eccentric, lovable and detestable characters, nods to characters that starred in previous stories (which personally I love) and a slightly, secretive history hovering in the background.
The details on the emerging garden were delightful and as usual with Trisha's gorgeous descriptive style I could picture it so clearly along with the village of Jericho's End.  I thoroughly enjoyed the slow emerging love story between Ned and Marnie and the potential disasters of both Wayne and Mike hovering in the wings.   A beautifully told story with a very satisfying end.
Marnie fled to France to escape her controlling husband. After 5 years she is ready to come home. Marnie gets a job working at Grace House in Jericho’s End, rural Lancashire. All she knows about the village is what her mum told her before she died. Tales of waterfalls and angels but also a warning never to go there. Marnie also knows that her mum's family lived there, they kicked her out and disowned her when she got pregnant.
Living in a flat over Ice Cream & Angles, the Cafe run by Elf & Myfy, Marnie has to look after the garden at the cafe as well as working in the Gardens at Grace Hall. Ned Mars, an old college friend of Marnie’s owns Grace House and is currently trying to restore the gardens to their former glory to open them to the public.
Marnie and Ned are both bruised and battered from former relationships but can they work together to restore the gardens and each other or will secrets from the past keep them apart.
With great characters and a lovely setting beautifully described this is a perfect read to escape with.
This was a lovely read that would appeal to anyone.  I was captivated by the story line and transported to a beautiful garden world.  Well written and believable.
What a charming book! If you like gardens and plants you will love this gentle story about Marnie the gardener and her quest to forget the past and live a quiet life in an out of the way village. However, discoveries are made and the past comes back to haunt her.
Such an easy to read book that really lifts your mood.
A gentle read, set in a garden restoration.
Marnie has a new job as a gardener, back in the UK after escaping a bad relationship 5 years ago. She doesn't know that she will be working for her old college friend Ned, who has had his own issues in the last year.

She soon setlles in to the job, and makes friends in the village. She is still keeping a secret though, so what will happen when people find out what she is hiding?

If this was a real garden I would love to go and visit.
Another beautiful book from Trisha Ashley they are like a warm hug when you need one the most.  Marianne Elwood hasn’t had the easiest of lives but going to Jericho’s End for a gardening job may be her best decision of her life, there she finds a job she loves and people who accept her but she is keeping secrets about her mother and her ex husband.  Can she find happiness?

Sprinkled with a little magic and a great deal of gardening know how Trisha Ashley weaves her magic into every page of this book.  Makes me want to go and get my lavender and roses in some kind of order.
As a lover of old houses and delving into their history and the families that have gone before, I found this book enjoyable. Now of a certain age gardening has also become my hobby. This book incorporates all these themes with a modern storyline that draws you in. The characters were loveable and relatable. At a time where escaping to a country house for a day out is difficult, this is a perfect way to escape into that wonderful world. You can imagine walking round the village, going on a walk and exploring the garden. A beautifully written book.
Many thanks to Netgalley, Trisha Ashley and Transworld publishing for the early e book copy.