Cover Image: The Wanderers on Earth

The Wanderers on Earth

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and I firstly have to apologise for it being so long on my shelf. In mitigation I had to find and read the first in the series before going onto this one. The book currently has a rating of 5 on Goodreads, mainly because it only has one rating and in view of my upcoming thoughts I would like to see how this changes over time and get more opinion rather than simply rating.

The premise of the series is that on planets other than earth beings live in higher dimensions (5th or 6th) and in complete harmony. Although the presence of Darpith and Veldemiron and other dark beings might add dispute to that. In contrast Earth is a place of disharmony, political, societal, philosophical, spiritual and environmental unrest - near disaster in some Instances. The centre of one's harmony or (soul) appears to be in line with philosophical theories of Descartes and forms a huge part of the narrative.

There are things that I did like about the book and the narrative. The author has to be commended for the number of plates she kept spinning which carried the different narrative threads. The imagination put into the creation of different settings is well done. I liked the video gaming type approach to conquering the problems. The descriptions of the American President were amusing.

However for me the things I didn't like outweigh the good. As in the first book there is just too much repetition of events as we see the same learning take place in each of the eight main characters separately. They imagine their twin halves, discover their unusual capabilities etc etc almost ad nauseum. In addition it all seems just a bit too easy every time the dark side seems to get the upper hand the rainbows of light appear and all is well again. I was almost glad when for once this did not happen. It also felt just a little too negative about the world and the world's chances.

Having read the first and despite not being thrilled by it, I did want to go on and see what happened. Unfortunately that is not the case with this second book. I feel as if the author was commissioned to write a trilogy and that in so doing she has just made a cake with more filling than substance. It is just too saccharine for me.

It probably is worth more th.an a basic 2 stars but it just isn't possible for me to say I truly Liked it
I gave up on this book. All the promise was there for something kind of wonderful, however the construction and prose were both ponderous. I persevered for about a quarter of the book, hoping that we were going through a general scene setting, in the end however I was experiencing diminishing returns.
DNF 20%

The first 8 chapters of this book are a character index. Every chapter reads exactly the same way; who the character is, what their gift is and their near death experiences. Aside from the first character, nothing actually happens during any of these introductions. I personally don't find this to be a very engaging form of story telling, it is essentially just info dumping.

This seems to be a published copy and I'm not sure if there's been an issue with the kindle formatting, but this book also has a severe case of never-ending paragraphs.

I skipped ahead to see how the rest of the book was laid out and it seems to jump back and forth between the 8+ different povs.

I enjoyed the first chapter and it gave me high hopes but the remainder that I read I found to be too repetitive and lackluster for me to continue.

*I have not read the first book.
i really enjoyed reading this book, it was a good sequel to the first book, it had what i was looking for in this type of book and I really enjoyed it.
Was very disjointed. Could not finish it as it was difficult to follow. Perhaps one needs to read the first book. The premise seemed interesting which is why I selected it but ended up being disappointed
Book Review: The Wanderers On Earth
Author: Susan Plunket
Publisher: John Hunt Publishing/Cosmic Egg Books
Publication Date: December 10, 2020
Review Date: September 4, 2020

From the blurb:
“Wanderers from the fifth dimension are now incarnate on Earth in the third dimension as 21-year-old humans. Reuniting with their twin flames, they must work through a virtual reality game and battle the dark lords, to prevent disaster.
As this second book opens, the wanderers from the fifth dimension are now incarnate on Earth in the third dimension as 21-year-old humans living around the world - in Moscow, New York, London, Tehran, Mumbai, Dublin, Tokyo, and Jerusalem. Growing up they have each had many strange encounters with the dark side, and now suspect they are not from this time and place.

When they wake up, they reunite with their twin flames and remember who they are and why they incarnated. Once awake, they work through a virtual reality game called the Fifth Dimension, travelling to hot spots around the world and battle the dark lords to prevent disaster. “

This is an interesting book. Basically a super new-age type book about psychic light beings, 5th dimensional beings from other planets, incarnated in 3rd dimensional people living on Earth.

You may or may not believe in what the author writes about, but it is a well-written story, with great characters, and a big life and death battle between Good and Evil, on a super big playing field.

If you have never encountered these ideas, it might be a stretch. But the book is very well written and engaging. Better than many new-age type fiction. I highly recommend reading this book.

Thank you to John Hunt Publishing for the approval and best of luck to the author.

This review will be posted on NetGalley, Goodreads and Amazon.

#netgalley #thewanderersonearth #susanplunket #johnhuntpublishing #newage #psychicfiction