Cover Image: I Lie in Wait

I Lie in Wait

Missing girls and murder on a creepy Scotland estate

Amelia returns to Scotland, somewhat against her better judgement, in a misguided effort to try and better understand why her sister Lark and her dying Mum’s boyfriend Jackson went missing a year ago.

Before too long history is kind of repeating itself as another young girl Elise goes missing.

A twisting tale of mystery, premature death, masks and Amelia over and over again “grasping her chest” keeps the reader’s interest.

An excellent twist at the end too which I certainly didn’t see coming.

Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this  book in exchange for a fair review.
This was a great, well written read. The way it was written provided so many things I need in a thriller; thrills, chills, twists & turns, and shocks!  I thought the author wrote this book in a way that definitely captures your attention and keeps it until the very end!  I would highly recommend, especially for those looking for a quick, well written book, that will definitely give you some great thrills chills and shocks!

Will buzz around platforms, and use lower Amazon reviews number on release date!
I Lie In Wait by Amanda Brittany came out in August and its a great read! Featuring past and present storylines along with the “locked room” trope that I always enjoy, this is set in the Scottish Highlands which I liked.

Grab it now and read it this afternoon.

Take a look:

One year ago, Amelia Taylor’s sister, Lark, disappeared from a family holiday in the Scottish Highlands.

The police are convinced that Lark was abducted, but with no new leads, the case has gone cold. Amelia is certain the answer lies at the holiday cottage and she returns to the place where her sister went missing.

But during her second night at the cottage a shrill scream cuts through the darkness, just as it did a year ago, and a sense of dread engulfs everyone.

Another girl has vanished.

Leading the search, Amelia is convinced that both girls are alive, waiting to be found. But someone is determined to keep her from the truth at all costs…

Will Amelia be able to find her sister, or is she too about to find herself in danger?

A must-read for those who gravitate towards mysteries and suspense novels!

Available now, get it here for free!
5  from me

Wow! The words 'I couldn't put this book down' are so cliched and yet SO true! Obviously, I had to put it down at times (small matter of needing to go to work for example) but I thought about it when I wasn't reading it. My tiny mind tried to work out who could and could not be trusted, it tried to grasp onto a concept of who the killer was, it tried to second guess the truly awe-worthy mind of Amanda Brittany - and it failed woefully!

It's quite a simple story but it absolutely captivated me from beginning to end - some of the characters (Ruth springs to mind) were so devilishly created that I almost wanted to laugh out loud at their audacity.

The hideous, uncomfortable, family tensions were palpable and perfectly captured. The teenage angst, arrogance and moodiness emanated from the pages and the trials and tribulations of long term relationships vs new relationships was spot on.

As was the fear. The stone cold - oh god what's going to happen next, don't go out there, don't go up the stairs alone! etc scenarios were horribly good.

Among all of this cleverness, trauma, deception and cleverness, also sat a poignant layer of grief.

This book has the rare balance of being good from beginning to end!

Just perfect.
thanks to netgalley and the publishers for allowing me to review this book.
enjoyable intrigue and well worth a read.
A year ago Amelia's sister Lark disappeared while they was in the Scottish Highlands . They was there for a last holiday for their mum who had cancer.
Amelia's father decides to go back to the Highlands as he thinks Lark is still alive and was abducted.
Ame!ia her father her brother and his carer all go to scotland
Whilst there Amelia's mother's friend turns up too
Another girl then goes missing
Then people start turning up dead.
Thanks NetGalley
When Amelia Taylor’s seventeen-year-old sister, Lark, vanishes into thin air from their holiday cottage in the Scottish Highlands, her dad, Thomas, wants to return to Drummondale House to see if they can find out what happened to her. The story is told chiefly by Amelia and tos and fros from the present to a year ago.

I totally adored the descriptive style of Amanda Brittany, which I found to be emotive, haunting and affecting. The use of concise chapters meant I was never bored and the narrative was well structured. I Lie in Wait was a story that was packed with mystery and twists as it spiralled its way to the surprise denouement. It is a must-read for fans of the psychological thriller genre. I look forward to reading many more books from this author. I read I Lie in Wait with relish and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Overall, an enjoyable and easy to read domestic thriller.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request, from HQ via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
Wow!!! It is so hard to express my feelings for this book without giving spoilers away. I will try though. This was a totally shocking book. A young teen goes missing then a year later her family goes back to the place they last seen her. Although they hoped to find her they were not expecting to be put into so much danger and people would die. When reading this book I had no ideas what was going to happen next or who to trust. I was suspicious of everyone and did not trust anyone. I was in so much suspense from the beginning till the end. So many shocking things happening that I had no idea would happen. The ending...just wow...I just could had never guessed the ending would end the way it did. Total shocker. Great book. I would highly recommend it to thriller and mystery book lovers.
I Lie In Wait Amanda Brittany
I liked this book, its bit of a slow burner. I did feel that while there were two timeliness,  they were close together,  and I found myself having to go back and check which timeline I was in.
The main character is not overly endearing,  but I did keep turning the pages to see how this book ended. There was some surprises along the way that kept up my interest.
This novel is just a perfect thriller.
This is the story of Amelia who lost her mother for cancer and devastatingly her sister during strange circumstances. She, her father, brother and her brother's carer head to the site of her sister's disappearance the next year trying to fine new clues but there's another girl lost and two murders, now they have two cases to solve.

This book is really interesting, I literary can't put it down. I am so grateful that I was given that copy.
It’s been a year since Amelia’s younger sister, Lark, and her mother’s partner have gone missing while the family was on vacation in Scotland.  Amelia, her father, her brother, and his career have gone back to the same place and Amelia’s father is hoping it will lead to some clue to finding Lark.  Amelia has had the worst year and has barely held on but being around her family feels safe.  The snow keeps coming and everyone is about to find out this is not a safe place and the demons that plague them aren’t done.  I enjoyed this book.  It went very fast and I was glued to the pages.  It was fast paced and full of twists.  I’ll be reading more by Amanda Brittany.
Wow what a page turner! I did not guess how this book would turn out. Full of twists and turns, and another twist at the end just to finish things off! Just loses out on five stars due to the abrupt ending, but still a very good read.
I lie in wait is a beautiful atmospheric suspense book filled with creepy moments. The setting of the book was so very beautiful yet a kind that is certain to send a chill down your spine. The book alternated between present & past timelines & created a good effect in the narration of the plot. The book has a creepy opener that hooks you in. The subsequent chapters with their highly sinister content keeps you turning those pages. I liked most of all the characters but could not figure out the person responsible right up till the very end. This was a gripping & twisted book that comes with the bonus of having being set in an absolutely ominous setting. I'm glad I picked this one up because I definitely enjoyed reading through it.

Thank You, NetGalley, HQ Digital & Amanda Brittany for an arc!
A fast paced read that draws you in from the beginning. Well written with a good plot and lots of twists and turns. Highly recommended
I loved this book, it was fast paced and I enjoyed it very much. It kept me reading long after I should have pit it done and done something else but, I couldn’t I just wanted to know what was going to happen.  Brilliant book. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
This was my first book by this author and certainly won't be my last. It was a gripping psychological thriller with a difference as had an agatha Christie style murder mystery about it and lots of questions to be answered where has lark gone? Who has killed..........? don't want to give spoilers won't go into the plot too much   it had me gripped from the first page and I read it in a day and  I stayed up late to finish it   it had lots of twists and turns and surprises along the way and was written both from the past and the present when larks family return to Scotland and the spot she disappeared from a year ago in the hope of finding out what happened on the night she disappeared. If you like murder and psychological thrillers that keep you on your toes then this is a book for you.
Twists and turns galore this superb novel has all the makings of a great suspense film. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I had empathy for the characters even though I might not have been sure who was good and who wasn’t. Great ending too! A must read!
Well if one family was destined to have every bit of bad luck and dramatic event happen to them it is certainly this one.
Unlikely to say the least and unbelievable at almost every turn. Confusing mixed time lines and some quite ridiculous things to keep the story going. To name just one how could someone conveniently and timely enter a shop that has a doorbell and add an item to the window display then nip back quickly whilst the person they were tricking had luckily fainted and take said item away!
Not one I can recommend.
An absolutely fantastic book set in the stunning Scottish Highlands. This book was the absolute definition of suspenseful. Brilliant. Highly recommended.
Thank you to #netgalley and #ilieinwait for this ARC in return for an honest review.

I Lie in Wait by Amanda Brittany

Amelias sister Lark disappears on a family holiday in the Scottish highlands - she is presumed abducted but there was no trace of her.

Fast forward a year and Amelia and her family revisit the cottage Lark disappeared from in the hope of finding new clues.

On the second night another girl vanishes!

Amelia is convinced that both girls are alive.

The story follows Amelia in her efforts to find her sister.

Amanda creates suspense and intrigue from the start in this face paced thriller. The characters developed well and I had a soon warmed to a few of them.

There were some breakneck twists and turns that kept me on edge and eager to see what happens next.

The ending came out of nowhere and was definitely not what I expected.

I really enjoyed this from start to finish and highly recommend.