Cover Image: Hunted

Hunted

I couldn't put it down, because i had to know the truth! One of the better thrillers i have read this year and i'm curious about any other book of this author will write.

Thank you for providing me with a copy of this book!
Another new author for me and the start of a new series. After reading g this debut I can't wait to read more from this author. This read got my heart racing, sat on the edge of my seat, I could not put this down I HAD TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!! Hence I finally turned the last page in the wee hours. A set up and a gripping game of cat and mouse. Loved it and one author to look out for.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in return for giving an honest review.
Jake Ellis is a cop who finds himself in survival mode protecting Molly his girlfriend's daughter.

Within minutes of a bloodstained and tearful Molly appearing at his door for help, Jake Ellis sees the Amber Alert out for him on his phone and sees he is named as the major suspect for his girlfriend Rachel's shooting and for kidnapping her 13 year old daughter Molly.

Molly was lucky to escape being shot with her mother (Rachel). But, now she's with Jake.

Jake is a cop. He knows the system and he's seen false information on his computer meant to incriminate him. That makes him an easy target. Somebody has made him the fall guy.

The manhunt starts immediately. Jake knows he has only minutes before they trap him at his home.

His only choice is to run to keep both him and Molly alive and find out why he's been set up.

Who is prepared to murder to do it? Jake knows he risks being shot on sight as a dangerous and armed fugitive and kidnapper but he also knows somebody wanted Rachel dead and they were prepared to kill Molly.

Whilst Jake is being hunted by the cops and the FBI  for something he hasn't done, Rachel hangs on by a thread on life support and whilst she's still alive is also still a target as she knows it wasn't Jake who shot her.

Can Jake put the pieces together quickly enough?

The pace is quick and its easy to read. The reader is involved and kept on edge all the way. The plot is inventive, well planned with good characters. Clever twists keep the reader guessing if Rachel will survive.

It all makes for a very good story.

For those who love to find and read different authors in this genre this book is a must. This was an enjoyable book to read and I hope there will be others like it. I will be looking out for them.

My thanks to NetGalley for providing me the opportunity to read and provide a fair review of Hunted and also for introducing me to Alex Knight. - Eddy Weatherill
It was intriguing right from the start. Straight up nightmare unfolding in front of you. The chapters were short enough to keep you hooked and third person point of view helps you to get insight of every proceeding and build an entire timeline in your mind.
The book was gripping, the mystery was well done, and characters were quite interesting. I liked Jack, he was a good person and one could see that throughout the course.
Molly was a smart teenager, she trusted her instinct and her conflicts, reactions, were so genuine and so well done, I loved her.
Other characters were good in their own regard.
Overall, I liked this book and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to read a good mystery.

Thanks to Netgalley and Orion Publishers for providing me an ARC in exchange kf an honest opinion
A superb debut novel that starts strongly and moves at breakneck pace all the way through.

It begins with a shooting. San Francisco police officer Jake Ellis finds a series of strange documents on his computer and then learns of the attack on his girlfriend when her daughter turns up at his apartment covered in blood. It soon becomes clear - he is being set up and is now the prime suspect. So when the FBI knock at the door he and Molly have already run.

The story arc plays out with multiple points of view, so we see the FBI hunt for what they think is a kidnapping alongside Jake's attempts to evade capture, keep Milly safe and figure out who is behind this.

The characters are all well developed and the plot twists several times as Jake and Molly head north before returning to the city for the big conclusion. Well written and compelling, Hunted is a fresh and thoroughly enjoyable read.
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book

outstanding couldnt put the book down...cant wait for the next book from this author
Wow what an utterly fantastic and gripping read this was.  Right from the first chapter I was completely hooked.   A brilliant story with super characters.   I cannot wait to read more from this author.
This was such an interesting plot and I had to keep reading in one session to find out who the actual killer was. and how it played out.  Safe to say that the ending did not disappoint..

The character developments were very good and you really wanted to know what happened = there were hints that it was not all as it seemed throughout the book.

I was given a copy by netgalley and the publishers but the review is entirely my own.
There is hardly time to breathe following this story. A mother is shot, but her daughter van escape and ask for help. When the Amber Alert goes out it's a shock. Instead for being seen as the helper, you're being chased as a suspect in the murder.
A mum shot, her daughter managed to escape, thus ensues a cat and mouse chase through San Francisco. This  book gripped me from the first few chapters, its a fast-paced thrilling read with a great ending -
A knock on the door leads to a cat and mouse chase through San Francisco and the surrounding countryside.  From that moment on, it’s hold on to your hats time as Jake simultaneously tries to prove his innocence whilst being on the run.  Plenty to get the adrenaline going as there’s hardly a dull moment.  Easy book to get into plus it holds the reader’s interest the whole time.   3.5 star rating.
A mum shot, her daughter managed to escape. This story was one that although I enjoyed, I did struggle with. Police procedural and crime thrillers are my cup of tea and although this book gripped me from the first few chapters, I found myself skim reading at times. Excellent premise and I loved the happy ending.
Wow ... that was a fast-paced, non-stop, action-packed read from page 1 and I absolutely devoured it.

The pace is relentless, the characters are strong and likeable and whilst the twists didn't surprise me that much, they didn't take away any of the enjoyment for me.

This is what I would call a traditional cat-and-mouse story, however, it felt up to date and modern with the addition of podcasts which, I think, worked extremely well and introduced a different element and perspective to the story.

Alex Knight is definitely an author I will seek out in the future.

Thanks must go to The Orion Publishing Group and NetGalley for providing me with an advance copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.
Thank you to NetGalley and Orion Publishing Group for my honest review of ARC of "Hunted".
The story line was a good one to keep me turning pages to get to the truth. I really liked the pace of this novel. It held my interest and incredibly fast-paced as well as entertaining throughout the whole story.
I really enjoy this book, I loved the storyline behind it, it was something I haven't read before. The story kept me wanting to read on and find out what was going to happen next. I really enjoyed the opening, it had me gripped right from the start. Anyway, a great novel which I'd recommend to anyone who likes a good mystery or thriller.
A great beginning to the book, kept you turning pages thought the story does slow down in the middle.

Jake is a police officer in San Francisco when his girlfriend`s daughter Molly turns up on the doorstep covered in blood as someone tried to kill her and her mam, then his phone has a red alert of Molly`s kidnapping and his girlfriends attempted murder with him being the suspect.

Someone is setting him up, so they disappear until they find out who is setting him up.
Even though it slows down in the middle it is definitely  a page turner and will read more of this author.

Thanks to Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book.

Great book which I devoured in one sitting. Loved the characters and the format.
The action starts on page one and doesn’t stop until the last page.
Be ready for a fast paced read which follows Jake as he goes on the run from the police, trying to prove his innocence in the most terrible crimes, murder, attempted murder and kidnap.

This will keep you on your toes as FBI agent Lark chases Jake across country and back again. The story is very well written and the characters develop well throughout the book.
I really enjoyed this police procedural and would read more from this author. I would happily see this turn into a series.

Thank you to Netgalley, the publishers and most importantly the author, for the chance to read this book, in exchange for an honest review.
As soon as I read the synopsis, I knew that this was a book that I wanted to read. High-octane and action-packed, Hunted is the definition of an adrenaline-pumping thriller.

Incredibly fast-paced and entertaining, Alex Knight makes you feel like you're on the run with his characters with no time to stop and catch your breath. With a captivating opening, it's easy to read in one sitting and be thoroughly entertained by the chase.

It's one of those stories where you plead with the character to stay put and confess because you know that going on the run is going to end badly, so you're constantly on the edge of your seat hoping that Jake and Molly aren't going to get caught.

It loses a little momentum in the middle which is my only negative, but it's well constructed, the characters are easy to engage with, and the final chapters give a satisfying conclusion.

This is a great debut by Alex Knight and I will certainly be keeping an eye out for his future releases. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more from these characters, either, which I would definitely be interested in.
You're woken early by banging on the door. It's a young girl, the daughter of the love of your life. She's scared, cover in blood, dhe says her mother is hurt. You let her in, try to calm her down, tell her your going to get help. You reach for your phone, but oit lights up with a notification before you touch it. It's an amber alert, sent simultaneously to four million phones. A child has beeen abducted by a dangerous suspect. The child is the girl standing in front of you.

It's clear from the beginning that someone s framing Jake Ellis but we don't know why. So Jake goes on the run and takes Molly with him. The FBI and the police are searching for them. Jake has to work out who is trying to frame him whilst taking care of Molly and keeping her safe. The gripping plotline will keep you turning the pages. This action packed read has plenty of twists to keep you guessing.

I would like to thank #NetGalley, #OrionPublishingGroup and the author #AlexKnight for my ARC #Hunted in exchange for an honest review.
This was a great premise and had some good action, it just didn't grab me as much as I was hoping it would.