Cover Image: My Husband’s Murder

My Husband’s Murder

Fantastic settings, multi-layered mysteries, a derelict mental hospital, a true crime podcast, cold cases... this book has everything! Really enjoyable and satisfying.
A twist filled psychological thriller that has elements of domestic abuse threaded through the narrative. Recently, I have read many novels with dual timelines.and I am somewhat bored with author's following this route.as it slows the storytelling.
This was such a riveting psychological thriller full of unexpected twists and an unreliable heroine who will have you questioning every single thing you read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was on tenterhooks  the whole time I was reading it and was flipping through the pages so fast trying to figure out the ending. The one negative is the multiple storylines and characters that can make it a bit confusing but that’s a very minor negative in my opinion. I also loved the ending for how realistic it was. Definitely recommended for fans of twisty thrillers
Rating: 4.5
An excellent read. I thought I knew how the ending would work out but I was totally wrong. The story focused on a murder ten years ago and how a podcast revisited the murder when they thought it was a miscarriage of justice.  This brought back lots of  emotions to the family left behind and opened lots of memories.  It made me think who actually is the murderer. I will look out for other titles by this author as I enjoyed this book.
A compelling read from start to finish. I had no idea who or what  to believe, which certainly added to the mystery and enjoyment . This cleverly woven plot, with nerve wracking moments , had me eagerly turning the pages . Look forward to reading more from this author
Hannah Catton has tried for years to put the brutal murder of her husband behind her. But now a podcast claims the man who was convicted was innocent and is looking firmly in her direction as an alternative suspect. Is it possible that she remembers nothing of that night? Or does her amnesia merely a cover?

Gripping and unpredictable, this is a great read. It explores the dark side of true crime and podcasts where listeners and readers become the judge and jury, and as a result raises some interesting questions about the public obsession with them.
A so so book with your typical physiological marriage. A bit of a boring read.  #GrahamCatton #NetGalley
This book was gripping and so creatively crafted and I devoured every page. The story follows the story of Hannah and a dual timeline, one the year that her husband was murdered and one many 10 years later when a podcast does a deep dive into the facts of the case, convinced that the person in prison for that murder is in fact innocent.

I was hooked and didn’t see some of the twists coming which is what I love about a great thriller. I was invested in the storyline and wanted to know what happened that night and why the present day narrative was following the thread that it was.

I loved it. Lots of mystery, some could be predictable if you picked up on the right threads, but most were a surprise and I loved it!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
A fascinating look at the dark side of podcasts and the lengths people go to to keep their secrets hidden. A fantastic page turner that had me hooked, racing to the end.
Another outstanding novel from Katie Lowe! I adored The Furies so couldn't wait to read The Murder of Graham Catton and I was not disappointed - this book is definitely one of the best books that I have read this year.

I loved how the story was told from Hannah's POV alongside the podcast which was trying to pin the murder on her. Absolutely full of twists and shocks. Highly recommend!
A book where you think you know what is going on but then are completely taken aback as everything turns in the last few pages. It was dark, creepy and exciting. I loved the different timelines all going at once.
I really enjoyed this pace and gripping read. The author has a great sense of dripping in twists and turns that caused me to think one thing and then the next. The characters were great, but you were never sure if you believed the main character or not. Strong Pysch Thriller!
Rating: 4/5
Oh, this is different and totally unpredictable. I thought every type of crime narrative had been explored, but I was wrong. Lowe takes you on a journey where you think you know what’s happening, but you absolutely don’t. I loved being in Hannah’s head, and couldn’t believe how well Lowe conveyed PTSD and psychosis. I loved reading about Evie’s and Hannah’s relationship. I also loved every section set in the old hospital. It just added something visceral and unsettling to the narrative. This is a fast-paced and excellent book. I did not see the twist coming, and it hit me like a slap in the face. The inclusion of the podcasts added something really different. I’ve been a huge fan of Katie Lowe’s since the Furies, and I cannot wait to see what she cooks up next.
The Murder of Graeme Catton

Graham Catton was brutally murdered in his bed one night while his wife Hannah and young daughter Evie were asleep in the house. After a long investigation the police came to the conclusion that local man… had broken into his house and murdered him..

Years later and Hannah and Evie have managed to somewhat move on with their lives. Hannah has gone back to work as a psychiatrist and has a new partner Dan. But shes still haunted by the memory of Graham every day. A popular true crime podcast approach Hannah as they want to use Grahams case in their show. Hannah politely declines. They still go ahead with the podcast and start to unpick the goings on around the Grahams murder.. where all is definitely not what it first seemed!

I really enjoyed this one. Packed full of lots of suspense, I really liked the podcast element to it too. Really held my attention and kept me guessing right up until the end. Highly recommend!

4 stars!
This book was a slow burning read, keeping you intrigued and thrilled from the beginning to the very end.  Recommended for anyone who loves a good solid read.
A good suspenseful read that builds with each chapter.

Now I'll admit I'm not a fan of the whole Podcast thing, its defha personal choice (I cant stand audio books either) but I'll hold my hands up on this one and say I actually really enjoyed that element of it in this storyline.  It felt real, it felt present and just felt right.

For once a book that has an utterly compelling and intriguing premise that comes to fruition.

Dark, gripping and throught provoking, I could not put this one down.

This is definitely one that I wont go into detail about as it will spoil it but all I can say is the ending was superb!!

Solid 4*

Huge thanks to netgalley and Harper Collins UK for the ARC.
The Murder of Graham Catton is the whisper in the dark and the snap in the woods. It could be something brutal, dark and dangerous, or it could all just be smoke and mirrors. This is the type of book that constantly keeps you guessing as Lowe leads down her dark path.

I loved the brutal, brilliant opening. Lowe wastes no time and perfectly sets the tone. Straight away, the mystery is set up and you just want to keep digging to find the truth. This is a really, really compelling story. The whole way though, you never really know if you can believe what is being presented to you. It’s psychologically twisted, constantly tripping you up and making you reevaluate all you’ve seen before. In this way, Lowe perfectly captures the gaslighting and psychological abuse that characterises the book. This is such a monstrous book because it is so grounded in reality. Real life villains use the same techniques and Lowe’s mirroring of this through the narrative really highlights how disorientating and isolating this can be. You start to doubt yourself and everything else around you.

On top of that, Hannah is a fascinating and deeply complex character. Her headspace is confused and you can never quite be sure if you can trust her or not. I loved the inclusion of both the past and present storylines that allowed us to get glimpses of exactly what happened. Beware though as every time you think you’ve woven all the pieces together, you have not. Through this style of narration, Lowe invites us to ponder the ethical and moral implications of the case she is presenting to us. At each stage, you might wonder whether the motivations are worth the actions. Without spoilers, Lowe shows just how complex these can be and how very little is as straightforward as it may seem. Also, the inclusion of the podcast episodes is so intriguing for me. I love the inclusion of multimedia narration, as it just feels more immersive and helps pull me that much more into the story.

The Murder of Graham Catton will constantly keep you on your toes and invites you into a psychologically disturbing and complex story where you should always keep your guard up.
I do wish there were more options than simply 1 to 5 stars. I'm rounding it up to 4 because 3 would be so wrong; 3.75 is my actual rating, losing a quarter of a point because I found the first third of the book hard work. I needed to know what, where, how and why, but ugh it dragged on a bit.

However, having spent days willing the percentage in the bottom right hand corner to go up more than 5 in a sitting, suddenly this rollercoaster kicked in, and with such verve! I swept through the rest of the novel in two nights, sleep being the only hindrance to racing through it quicker.

"A thrilling, bruising read. It’s bold and unsettling. Smart and exacting" was the review from a psychotherapist. I concur. And if you understand/ comprehend/have experienced PTSD and trauma from abuse, this story will have you intrigued, and run you through a gamut of emotion, from sorrow to anger to fear to fury, and ultimately, to a sense of satisfaction.

Ms. Lowe has written a rather compelling psychological crime thriller which lives up to the reviews, and it's worth many hours of uninterrupted intrigue and thought. You will particularly enjoy it if you also got hooked on 'Serial'.

After that have review, you may wonder why I veered toward 4 and not 5 stars...sadly, I guessed the end 🙈 But regardless, a most gratifying read.
I would never have picked it up because of the title- but then I would have really missed out!

Time and again I thought I had worked it out, then there was another twist & I realised I hadn't.

Dark, uncomfortable, with unreliable characters,  the truth always feels to be a step away. Tightly written & hard to put down, this is well worth a read.
What a dark and suspense thriller which really did keep me guessing till the very end!!!

The story is told through our main character Hannah, the widow of Graham 10 years after his death as a true crime podcast starts a new series looking into the circumstances around his murder. The podcast believes the person in jail for the murder is not the one who committed the crime!
Hannah is a likeable character but all the way throughout I had a niggly feeling about her! Something felt very off from the get go with her and I did struggle to sympathise at times with her!
I absolutely loved the podcast element to the book, the way it was written and how it fits in perfectly around all the flashbacks was brilliant. The podcast felt very up to date and it felt very real as there are many podcasts around like this in this day and age!
Overall this was a suspense thriller which did keep me guessing till the very end! So many shady characters and a great murder story. A brilliant read from this author and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us in future.