Cover Image: Wrong Man Down

Wrong Man Down

It's been a long time since I've felt the need to carry a book around with me just so I could read it every chance I got. I finished this in two days.
The author really has a talent for characterisation. Within a paragraph of the introduction of a new character I could already picture them in my head.
Rarely seen nowadays, the book was actually written in good English and there were no plot holes. It wasn't until I reached the blurb at the end that I discovered that the author is an emeritus Professor of English, which I guess explains the quality of the writing.
The story twists are reasoned and explained in a depth that wouldn't be out of place in a Reacher novel. The device used t o justify the giving of these explanations is very clever. I' won't reveal it here but suffice to say that doughnuts play an important part.
This book was a departure from my normal fare and as I'm sure you've picked up I really enjoyed it.
This novel is describes as an offbeat murder mystery with unconventional wacky characters.
Certainly a different read for me.  However, since I just finished a very emotional story, I thought this might be a fun change.

Author Jerry Masinton certainly seems like a unique character. He is an emeritus Profession of English   teaching American Literature at the University of Kansas.
 He has retired and he states that he has found his true passion writing darkly comic mysteries.
 His second Millie Henshawe “Who’s Who Among the Dead” is in the works!!

Want to thank NetGalley and Anamcara Press for this early release granted in exchange for an honest professional review.  Publishing Release Date scheduled for November 28, 2020