Cover Image: Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book

Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book

This book was so good! It was a lot of fun to look through the drinks and try them out! I'm so glad I got this book!
First let me say I LOVE PEAKY, but the cocktails in this book were not very good and didn't line up with the characters.
This book is filled with wonderful photographs and imaginative cocktail recipes.  For fans of the TV show the characters are well represented.  This book will make a wonderful gift. Enjoy
This was a super fun and pretty quick read! I like that some of the cocktails tied in with characters from the show and certain themes. It was nice to recall some of the moments and people when reading this! I loved the photos and the sketches too. It was incredibly attractive visually and I can't wait to try some of the recipes out for myself!
This was a great cocktail book - full of old-time classics and not only.
The book is structured in three parts - by the type of alcohol used, and then some miscellaneous cocktails. The pictures were great too. I absolutely loved the gin section.
The Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book features photos from the show as well as beautiful pictures of a variety of cocktails. It includes lots of wonderful recipes that I intend to try. Great gift for the home bartender in your life.
The Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book is split into three sections; this cocktail books provides drinks with the base of Whiskey, Gin and Other Spirits.

Each cocktail comes with a list of ingredients, steps and a colour photograph of the made up drink. The names of the cocktails are linked to the TV programme plus peppered throughout the book are photograph stills from the TV series.

I did expect there to be an explanation as to why each drink was chosen and named but there is nothing at all, which let it down.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for a honest review.

The Peaky Blinders cocktail book is a beautiful cocktail recipe book based upon the Peaky Blinders TV show. This is a quick read but with mouthwatering recipes and stunning photography.
The first 2/3 of the book are cocktails containing Whiskey or Gin (being a huge Gin lover I will definitely be checking a few of the gin cocktail recipes out) and the last third of the book are recipes using other alcoholic ingredients like champagne.
To use this book you will need to buy some basic cocktail making equipment such as a strainer, shaker etc. The recipes and instructions are straight forward and easy to follow.
Throughout the book there are photos of the show which added to the feel of the book but I wish there had maybe been a bit of information on each cocktail in relation to the show and an introduction to the show itself.
Since you can't have a drink with Tommy Shelby and the gang, what's the next best thing? To recreate some.of the.atmosphere at home!
This is a good collection of interesting drinks (with, let's face it, equally interesting names), inspired but what other than your beloved Peaky Blinders.
A recommended collection for party enthusiasts and aspiring mixologists alike!
A Whiskey Drink, and Then a Gin Drink....

This book has 40 cocktails inspired by the Peaky Blinders television show. In fact, you will find pictures from the show throughout. Most of the cocktail recipes are for either whiskey or gin drinks—two sections of the book are for cocktails just based on those two spirits—but there are a handful of other cocktails that don't have either of these. Some feature rum, cognac, Triple Sec, or something else. The cocktails have relatively few ingredients, but the combinations sound intriguing. You will need some cocktail equipment, as most of these are shaken and strained. Each cocktail has a photograph. Some look quite dramatic, and a few are even beautiful, having different colors than you typically see in cocktails. The only thing this book is missing is extra text. There's no introduction, nothing about the show, and the recipes have no headnotes. I love a cookbook that is also a cracking good read, and you need more text than the recipes for it to be so. All in all, though, if you like either the show or cocktails, you might find this a fun book.
It's a cocktail cookbook, which on its own is a fun concept, but it has an extra element of connection to the Peaky Blinders' show. Probably more whiskey than I would drink, but the pictures made it extremely appealing and I'm excited to try out some drinks.
Prose (Story): Inspired by the wildly-popular television series, this is an officially-licensed guide to 40 easy-to-make cocktails - divided by three sections: Whiskey, Gin, and Other Spirits - that will make you feel right at home hanging out with the Shelby clan. Also interspersed with photos from the series.

Don's (Review): I'm not even that much of a drinker, but with each turn of the page - featuring the drink recipes on the left and a full-color photo, shot in a very "Peaky" way, on the right - of this gorgeous hardbound book, I found myself wanting to try pretty much each and every one of these amazing-looking/sounding drinks, especially from the Whiskey section. Whether the John Shelby, featuring Chartreuse and Apple Jack and rye whiskey, to the Inspector Campbell sprayed at the end with a mist of absinthe, to the Epsom (featuring gin, Cherry Marnier Liqueur, and one egg white), to Arthur's Coffee (cardamom pods, coffee liqueur, gin and cold espresso) or the amazing-looking Grand Duke (Burgundy wine, Cognac, blackberry liqueur), even a Champagne Cocktail livened up by a quarter of sugar cube and Cognac - each page, each drink takes you right back to the brilliant series and its characters, and pretty much had me salivating on the page. Beautifully done, and a must for any bar or barkeep - not to mention fans of the series! (Available September 22)  5/5 stars

NOTE: I received a free ARC of this title from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
I am a big fan of this cocktail book! Each recipe seems approachable because of how they are structure. Further, as a big whiskey and gin fan, I really love that those make the primary sections of this book. It's very easy for a reader to pick up this book and flip through to find a cocktail they can make. The ingredients are straightforward and the estimated preparation time makes it really easy to select a recipe that's right for you. The recipes in this book don't use any frilly or extraordinary liquors, ingredients, or tools. It's all very straight forward. Plus, all the cocktails I've made so far from it have turned out extremely tasty. As an added bonus, there are great pictures from the show throughout and as a big fan of the show itself, I found it to be really nice touch. Can't recommend enough! I look forward to making even more of these cocktails.
***Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***
I look forward to trying out some of these recipes. The book is nicely organized with plenty of pictures and an appealing layout.
I was really excited by this. I struggled as I found all the cocktails needed far too many ingredients so it's not necessarily an option for most people to make at home. I think it would make a nice present though.
The book is awesome and absolutely stunning! It would make an excellent gift for someone who is a huge fan of show. I haven’t made a cocktail yet but I have it on my list!
Peaky Blinders is a UK television series, currently in its fifth season. The series tells the story the fictional Shelby family, and their criminal exploits, in the immediate aftermath of World War I. The TV show is lauded for its stylish cinematography, and, like the series, The Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book is visually stunning. The photographs of the cocktails align to the period and style of the Peaky Blinders TV series, with vintage-looking glassware, lots of timber and wood elements, bartenders dressed in waistcoats, amber lighting and golden tones. Photographs from the TV series accompany the cocktail photos and recipes. The cocktails are not original/unique to the show (as far as I can tell) - they've renamed classic cocktails (Mr Sabini = a Boulevardier, Changretta = Hanky Panky, Charles Strong = Classic Martini).

The table of contents, and the order of recipes in the book, is sorted by the primary spirit in the cocktails, which fall into three categories: Whiskey, Gin, and Other Spirits. It makes it convenient to flip to the style of cocktail you'd like to make. There are 15 whiskey-based recipes, 15 gin-based recipes, and 10 "other" spirit recipes (generally rum and cognac).

The index lists each cocktail ingredient separately, along with the associated cocktails, so it is easy at a glance to determine what cocktail to make based on flavour profile, or the ingredients on your shelf. The index highlights a gripe I have with a lot of cocktail books; there are quite a few 'one-off' liqueurs and brandies that get used in only one cocktail. To make quite a few of the cocktails, you'll need to purchase ingredients that you probably won't use very often - like elderflower liqueur, peach brandy, cherry liqueur - or will end up throwing out after using 10ml of it (e.g. peach nectar and mango syrup).

I'd also like to see some more information on the show, not just photographs. The book is lacking text specific to the show; there's no mention/introduction to Peaky Blinders and no commentary on the series. Some insights or behind the scenes stories would make it more interesting, and give it more value to fans; something other than just the still frames alongside renamed classic cocktails.

Overall, it is a beautiful book, and I suspect a fan of the Peaky Blinders TV Series would be happy to receive the Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book as a gift.
Decoratively illustrated with lustrous photography of the cocktails. I love the amount of whiskey recipes and, of course, all the tie-in's to the show. The cocktails all look so delicious I can't wait to make some of them at my next party.

*review posted to blog on release date
The Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book is one of a kind! The cocktails are creative and delicious, and the photography is beautifully done.  Although you may need to run out and gather some of the more unique ingredients, I believe it is completely worth it!
Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – White Lion for providing me with an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5/5 Stars! Definitely a book for cocktail lovers!

The Peaky Blinders Cocktail Book is everything a fan of the show could ask for. The book mixes classes cocktail recipes with some new (soon-to-be) favorites! The recipes are primarily Whiskey or Gin based (with a few rum and cognac recipes) and separated out by spirit.  Each recipe contains an absolutely gorgeous picture of the final cocktail which definitely gave me something to aspire toward when mixing them up. All of the recipes are simple to follow along with and generally consist of only a two-step process. HUGE BONUS: there are pictures of the cast throughout the book!