Cover Image: Your Neighbour’s Wife

Your Neighbour’s Wife

I really enjoyed this book. Even though I don’t like the main character, Tara. I enjoyed the story and all the twists and turns along the way. A great read.
I love a dual perspecitve POV book and this one does not disappoint! Online dating app owner Tara Carver and husband Christian are happily married until Tara cheats on him during a business trip to Japan.

As if that choice wasnt bad enough but when she returns to her family the man follows her, and he follows her into every bit of her life, she is horrified and as his manipulation increases so do the stakes for Tara, The characters are good, they’re mostly flawed and have a good depth, a good and enjoyable psychological thriller that examines bad choices, harsh life lessons and bitter regrets and loss.
Great start and build up with an original idea of what could have been a cliched story. Nothing happy here with devastating affects on all concerned as an intriguing psychological drama unfurls and wreaks havoc.
The writing grips the reader and compels them to read to the bitter end.

Thanks to netgalley and Random house for the arc.
If you like a thriller with twists and turns, plenty of suspense, then this fits the bill - it is a page turner, with a main character that makes some bad moves - worth a read, a classic murder mystery with a new storyline!
The idea behind this book could have been so good - women who has it all, perfect husband, child, house, job life.... risks it all for one night.  However her actions threaten to destroy her world.

However, the main character, Tara, is one of the most unlikeable characters Ive had the displeasure to read recently.  Totally selfish and self absorbed - Tara really doesnt help herself.... despite only ever thinking of herself!

I love a character with a flaw or two but tara had nothing redeemable about her.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in return for an honest review :-)
I’ve never read anything by Tony Parsons but I’ll definitely be reading his other books now. Really enjoyed this. Not quite a 5/5 as I felt it waffled a bit. And Christian is definitely based on himself!
This book is WILD! Loved every second of it... so many twists and turns and that ending... WOW!!! Thank you for my ARC.
The title doesn't really fit the story but its a good read. A stupid decision at a conference in Tokyo changes Tara's life with devastating consequences. Some truly, awful characters. You can feel the tension Tara feels as her secret draws in on her and her lovely family. A story of love, betrayal, lies and loyalty. Good twists and ending.
Parts of the story were really great and others not so enjoyable. I didn't like Tara at all. there were some twists and turn but a slow build up to the conclusion. Disappointing.
Wow this book was so gripping. I could not stop reading this book. It was actually terrifying reading it and I wanted to shout at the characters. This book is told by two different characters . I cant recommend this highly enough.
I enjoyed this, it was full of suspense and kept me engaged throughout.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Firstly, I would like to thank Net Galley for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book.

This was a very good story. The possible, and frightening, consequences of a one night stand, and how it can destroy the lives of all involved. It was a gripping book which I read in one sitting.

Well worth reading.
This book was ok but I expected better from the synopsis. It wasn’t fast paced enough for me and the twists didn’t seem to flow or belong to the story. The characters weren’t particularly likeable which didn’t help. I think I’m used to a faster paced thriller and sadly this just wasn’t fast enough.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the ARC in return for an honest and unbiased opinion.
Another great read from Tony Parsons. A compulsive novel about what happens when a one night stand turns out to have unexpected consequences. A night's recklessness leads to a continuing nightmare for Tana. How far would you go to protect your marriage?
I've enjoyed Tony Parson's books for a long time now, and this one was probably one of my favourites. A gripping psychological thriller that really looks at how a family unit can be torn apart when a secret is revealed. With a real focus on how bad choices can impact not only the person making them's life, but the lives of those around them, it's a book that stayed with me for a while after I'd finished it.
The premise sounded exactly like the type of thrillers I really enjoy, but this one fell flat for me unfortunately. I did not take an interest in or like any of the characters and some of the twists felt a bit out of place to me. The writing was good but the pace of the second half left me struggling to finish this one sorry!
A genuinely 'hard to put down' psychological thriller about a married woman who has an ill-advised and instantly regretted brief liaison with a man who turns out to be not what he seemed.

The story is told in first-person narrative alternating between Tara and her husband Christian.  All the characters are amazingly well-defined and realistic, and no-one is perfect - they all have their flaws and secrets.  Tara is beautiful, ambitious, charming, and very selfish; used to being adored and getting everything she wants.  Christian has taken on the 'house husband / primary carer' role for their 5-year old son, and is aware that his lack of drive and entrepreneurial spirit has left him without career prospects.

There are plenty of suspects in the murder case, quite a few 'red herrings' and a surprise reveal.  I liked the ending.  A great read and highly recommended.
I love this book.

I like the plot and domestic thrillers

I recommend this to anyone. I wish PDF forms didn’t exists
I really enjoyed this book. It was twisty and suspenseful and a brilliant psychological thriller.  I got really invested in the characters and I highly recommend this book.
Life is about making choices and we don't always realise the ripple effect one bad choice can have on our future as well as the people close to us.
One bad choice was all it took for Tara to see her life fall apart around her. Not only did it affect her marriage but also her business and ultimately everything dear to her.
Why did she do it? Was she so desperate to feel free for a few hours that she took the gamble? But like the saying goes: Hindsight is 50/50.

Another absolute page-turner by Tony Parsons! A story about a one night stand from hell - a guy who will not take no for an answer.
There's a lot of twists that had me guessing till the end. A definite must-read!

Thank you to NetGalley, Random House UK
And Cornerstone for the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.