Cover Image: Just Between Friends

Just Between Friends

A really good easy reading novel. When a group of pregnant couples of all different types attend  birthing classes friendships are formed and they keep in touch on a what's app group. But for two couples there are secrets that when they come to light will affect them all in different ways. Good characters who gel well together and the story is well written I really loved it
Thank you to NetGalley and publishers for this ARC

Easy quick read, bestseller vibe but perfect for those days when you just want to zone out
Aisha is excitedly expecting a baby. Her husband is only now coming round to the idea of being a dad. Lucy is also pregnant. It is something she has been desperate for,  although her partner was quite happy with the children he has from a previous relationship. They both join a local baby group to share experiences & to make friends. The story is told from the point of view of both women in alternating chapters.

This is a tricky book to review without giving too much away. I loved the crazy leader of the baby group as well as the New Age & couple their plans for placenta tablets (you probably don't want to know!) It was an easy read although I did guess the twist. Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book.
This was such a great book, I loved it.
It was gripping from start to finish and I didn't want it to end.
I can't wait to read more from this author!
Aisha and Lucy are both expecting babies at the same time and become friends at a baby group. This book is easy to read, a few twists and turns the reader doesn’t expect. Interesting read told from both Aisha and Lucy’s perspectives.It is a great book which explores relationships with some very funny moments!
Thank you to Netgalley, HQ and Rosie Nixon for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review
Not my usual sort of read, but I did enjoy the story during lockdown. Once I started reading though I needed to find out what happened at the end. Very interesting outcome.
An interesting story of a group of expectant mothers. A good, well paved story with enough twist s to keep things interesting
I enjoyed this, easy to get into and read. A few twists in the plot which I didn’t expect.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Thoroughly enjoyed this story about a group of  Mum's to be. Makes you realise that you can gain a whole new group of friend's when you all have one thing in common. Lots of twist & turns along the way. A great read
This book had everything! A thrilling storyline, unique characters, and twists and turns you simply do not expect.
Following the story of Lucy and Aisha who both join a baby club as they are due at roughly the same time, you can already feel the tension beginning to build, as it is obvious that Lucy is hiding something.
The women connect with one another instantly and a friendship sparks. But as both of their due dates approach, Lucy seems to back away and becomes rather distant which obviously confuses Aisha and has her questioning why.

This was an absolute page turner that I struggled to part with at the best of times. The plot was so incredible, it was impossible to not find myself well and truly invested in this story and on the edge of my seat as I awaited the outcome. A must read!
This book explored themes is quite a lot of depth! Lots of women form relationships at antenatal class - but in this particular class not everyone is what they seem. As they wait for their babies to arrive, some of them have things to be sorted out before that can happen.... A captivating read and well written.
Aisha & Lucy both join a baby group .Lucy has got a big secret .There are some different couples at this meeting but Aisha and Lucy hit it off . But as they become nearer to the date of the births Lucy becomes distant . What is the big secret this secret could tear them apart .
Good read
Thanks NetGalley
I enjoyed this book following several couples about to become parents. I found this emotional in places, both happy and sad. Very enjoyable.
I enjoyed this book and finished it within a couple of days.
There are a few hints dropped throughout which for some will make the twist/drama a little predictable, however I would say the book is well written and moves at a reasonable pace to keep the reader interested and invested in these ladies lives.
It is written from alternate view points of the two main characters Aisha and Lucy.
Anyone who has had children will very much relate to the setting which is mums at the local baby group making friends through their pregnancy classes. The mums group scenes particularly lend themselves to some very funny moments which lighten things up and give the book an element of humour as well.
I am happy to recommend this book and rated it an average 4 ⭐️
In this book we follow Aisha, the main protagonist and Lucy, both are approaching full term pregnancies and have joined the same baby group. The author alludes to secrets that Lucy has many times during the book but doesn’t reveal any clues as to the nature of the secret. I was expecting it to be more of a psychological thriller, but there is less animosity among the characters than that. It’s a great read nonetheless and interesting to explore the relationships behind close led doors of seemingly perfect couples.
I both liked and felt uncomfortable by this book at the same time.  New mum groups are now a thing of the past for me but the politics and dynamics rang true even without the added complications within the story.  I will read more of Rosie's books but this wasn't my favourite to date.
I enjoyed this book, although found it a bit slow in places. Think probably more suited for the young Mums market, perfect for a newly pregnant girl wanting  a nice easy read.
I have concluded that I am not in the target market  for this novel.
The trials and tribulations of Aisha and Lucy as they navigate through new motherhood will no doubt appeal to many readers, but the story did not succeed in holding my interest unfortunately. This was perhaps because I kept waiting for something to happen, and nothing much did.
It all came across as a bit contrived and superficial, and I could not relate to the characters.
My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my advance copy of this book.
Aisha and her husband Jason are expecting a baby. She joins a baby group to meet other pregnant women. She befriends Lucy who seems very keen for them to start up a friendship. But Lucy is keeping a secret that she does not want Aisha to find out about. Is their friendship just built on lies!! They thought having a baby would change their lives but this innocent friendship could also.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy in exchange for a review
A very enjoyable book to read. Initially I did wonder why the title but eventually it comes clear and leaves you wanting to read on.