Cover Image: Forever in My Veins

Forever in My Veins

The ancestors are part of our lives. Today even. I have heard that before but didnt understand the importance that many people place on how we treat those who have passed on. Those we loved and loved us. I found this book to be so very fascinating because I love reading about tribal peoples and their unbroken customs. Africa has many groups that have survived the colonial period of apparteid and its horrors. Mr Freidberg starts his story off with an accurate portrayal of life for those who lived in the heart of Tribal lands. when he became ill his doctors asked him about what could have been the cause of his sickness. THen it came to him. it had been predicted to him before when he lived in Africa that this would happe, From that point on this tremendous story tells the tale of going back to Africa and making peace with what he needed to do to become well again. Interesting and revealing stories of the healers and Sangomas he encountered add to this remarkable journey. I felt like I was there as he tells about his youth and the many people he loved that have passed on. I enjoyed and learned a lot from this story.