Cover Image: Just Act Normal

Just Act Normal

I'd previously enjoyed the other Pie Comics books and got a good few laughs out of this one too. If you've enjoyed reading Pie Comics online, I'd recommend checking out the books.
This is my first time reading John McNamee’s work and it was nice to meet another artist that speaks about the angst of life. His comic strips made me laugh and low key weep at relatable and oftentimes uncomfortable truths of life, growing up, parenting, society, work and even love. His drawing style is simple, cute and clean, which works really nice as contrast to the sardonic nature of his jokes.

Pie Comics’ wry sense of humour is not for those looking for a heart-warming, uplifting story. This is for those who can laugh at reality and rejoice in finding out we are all in the same boat. If life is harsh, we might as well laugh at it together.
A brilliant and fun read. The artwork through out is adorable and it’s full of humour. I’d recommend to graphic lovers and newbies alike.
I wasn’t a fan of this. I feel like I read all of the jokes in this book from other places and all those places did them much better? Kind of felt like a lot of different rip offs in one book honestly.
Sometimes simple is better... but not easier and growing up, thoug simple is far from easier.

In this comic compilation we go through the different stages of groing, as well as many of the common everyday issues that we face, all wraped up in this simple style of illustration that hits right in the feels (of laugter and amusement!)

A great experience that should be read and share over and over again!

Loved it!
A very fun and light-but-twisted read. It's easy to get through a few pages or even chapters. I highly recommend for anyone with a dark sense of humor.
“Just Act Normal”, by John McNamee is a collection of cartoons filled with sarcasm and dark humor about conforming to a “normal” life. While I have seen some of the cartoons online before, I have never followed them consistently, so the majority were new for me. A good percentage of them were relatable and some had me laughing out loud. The art style is very basic, and there is actually one cartoon in here that describes how the art style came to be so, and it’s one of my favorites in the book.

While I do not recommend reading the whole book at once like I did, I definitely recommend reading it. I think this would make a perfect daily desktop calendar. I would love to start each day with one of these cartoons. They would ensure I start my day with a chuckle and a smile on my face.
Thank you NetGalley and Oni Press for the opportunity to read this graphic novel in exchange for an honest review.
This is hilarious!

In this collection, he drew how human cope with life then put some humor in each panel. I can not explain in details. You should read it yourself. What I want to say it is as amusing as the first one. I wish I can get the chance to read the second collections.

Thanks to the publisher and Net Galley.
A great read for when you just need a chuckle with a strong hit of our somewhat depressing reality What else can I say? This made me laugh.
If you're looking for some fun and lighthearted comics to pass the time with, this book is just for you! John McNamee has created an excellent collection of comics to brighten up your day.

These comics are goofy and amusing! Honestly, the random twists and turns these comics take had me smirking along the way. This isn't a serious set of comics by any means, but ones that will make you chuckle, smile and roll your eyes at.

The illustrations are very simplistic, but also have a fair amount of colour to keep your attention.

Overall, this is a great comic selection for people seeking a wee bit of comedy in their life.

Four out of five stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and One Press for sending me a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.
Maybe it’s just with the way the world is right now, another satire book is not what we need and this one didn’t do much to stand out. It just seemed depressing more than funny.
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

This was a pretty fun read! I've been somewhat obsessed with slice of life comics lately (me and everyone else lol), but I'd never read the  pie comics  before! So all comics in here were super new to me!

The content was funny - if you're into the whole sarcastic, dry humour thing, this is definitely the book for you!

Ans...Idk man. Comics are fun. Read em!
The book is quite interesting with the funny illustration . About what is happening in our daily life - expectation vs real life . Hehehe . Some part makes me laugh as well because it is so true what is happening in real life . Hihi.

The book will be published on 17 Nov 2020.

Thank you Netgalley for the e-ARC in return with an honest review .
Oh boy...
I've previously seen some of John McNamee's work and it has always seemed so relevant (even if this word is overused). The impostor syndrome, feeling like you don't matter and the world would be the same without you, the pressure we put on kids... I really enjoyed reading this collection and now I want to get my hands on previous collections!
I found these simple drawings/comics pretty funny & could easily relate to quite a few! They're geared to adults, maybe with a drier sense of humor.... anyway, I mostly smiled through out the reading, & laughed out loud a couple of times. It's a fun book for a quick laugh, that adults will largely be able to relate to! This was the 1st I'd read of this artist, but his 3rd offering.....so I'd be interested in seeing his previous work.
I received this e-ARC from Oni Press via NetGalley, in return for reading it & offering my own fair & honest review.
With dry, sardonic, biting wit dripping in sarcasm, this collection of pithy, relatable comics leaves you chuckling more than you'd expect. It is adorable, quick and pleasant to read. I personally devoured the entire thing in less than 45 minutes and since I don't follow Pie Comics online, the style, the art, everything, was all very new to me and I honestly loved it to bits. I'd suggest you go ahead and take a chance with it, especially if you’re in the mood for a quick read, a bunch of LOL moments, while simultaneously easing the existential dread.
an interesting and hilarious take on life, work love and more. A graphic novel filled with witty discussions that had me laughing and thinking.

I enjoyed the book and appreciate it for what it does. I am glad I read it .
Thanks to NetGalley for the review copy of this book.
This was funny in a dark, brutal way.  When it was done, I had been laughing and smirking, but felt slightly bruised too.  I do love the illustration style, and I definitely did laugh.
I follow John McNamee online of course, and his comics always make me laugh. I loved being able to read through them all in one go.
Thanks to the publishers for sharing this one. It made me laugh a lot. My full review appears on Weekend Notes.