Cover Image: Heading Over the Hill

Heading Over the Hill

It was a lovely story regarding a couple whom are in there 70’a starting a new life! Loved all the colourful and joyful characters.
Sweet-tempered story about acceptance and finding happiness, regardless of age.  I found some of the peripheral characters cloying or stereotypical - the outrageous octogenarian, the guy too nice to keep a girlfriend, the bratty teen, the sexy Asian lady.

Many thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is the 1st Book that I have read by the author and I really enjoy this book, This book tells the story of Dawnie and Bill a couple in their 70s who decided they need a change and make it .

I love all the characters in the book and this book reminded me of my father in law who in his 70’s decided to make changes in his life too.

I would give this book 4 stars.

With thanks to Netgalley & Boldwood Books for the arc of this book in exchange for this review.
Heading over the hill is a really touching poignant read that dispels any myths that those over 70 are past it!
Such a diverse collection of characters the only thing they have in common is their seniority of years, yet the friendship bonds they form and the camaraderie they experience,illustrate that it’s never to late to make friends, try new experiences and generally let your hair down! This books really champions the older person, they have so much life experience and us the younger generation can really benefit from their wisdom and advice.
Billy and Dawnie are fabulous! Eccentric, larger than life but with such caring hearts.
A read that will delight and entertain you.
Thank you net galley for this early read.
I read an advanced copy of, Heading Over the Hill, by Judy Leigh. This is a cute book.  I love the characters, just because your older does not mean you stop having fun and adventures.  Dawnie and Bill are a cute couple in their 70's, who want a change, so they decide to move to Maggot St.  Their neighbors, are not sure what to make of them.  A delightful read.