Cover Image: A Very Cornish Christmas

A Very Cornish Christmas

This was a truly delightful festive read. This book is in fact part of a series, so you certainly benefit from reading the previous instalments first to give you a real grasp of the characters and what goes on in their lives.
We revisit Porthmellow in this story, and are instantly reminded of why this is such a joyous series of books.
Full of love, friendship and community, this book is truly heart warming.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the way in which this lovely story was told.
I enjoyed A Very Cornish Christmas by Beth Good. I was hooked in from the first few pages. It only focuses on Christmas in a few of the chapters so you could read this book at any time. It’s my first book by Beth but think I’ve found myself a new author.
A delightfully Christmassy read, wonderful to be back in Porthmellow once again, although can be read as a stand-alone I think you really benefit more from the characters if you’ve read the previous books. A lovely read full of love, community and heart without being too saccharine, perfect.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Thank you to Beth Good and Netgalley for an advanced review copy of A Very Cornish Christmas. In the lead up to Christmas this has been a lovely, heartwarming read. Despite not having read related books around the other characters - this book works well as a standalone book and captures the essence of how to mend and heal through love and finding the right one. I would thoroughly recommend,
It was so good to be back in Pethporro, and to get the continuation of Alex and Jennifer's story, while also getting to know Caroline, Jennifer's sister a whole deal better, as well has Brodie, Alex's friend /assistant.

From the first few pages I was drawn into the action, and I struggled to put this book down and am surprised as just how fast I did indeed read it.  In under a day, and that was with real life taking priority too!

There are surprises in store, but although elements of them make up so much of the story, as its not spelt out in the blurb, I'm reluctant to give any details on the specifics, other than its a fabulous storyline delving into a specific part of Caroline's past, and may not give the outcome you would perhaps expect.

And Brodie is a lovely complicated character who really grew on me as the story progresses.

As much as the book is Caroline and Brodie's story, having read All Summer With You I was delighted to see so much of Alex and Jennifer, especially with them all living under one roof.

If you are the sort of person who isn't particularly keen on Christmas books then let me assure you that this really isn't a festive story at all, yes the story does cover Christmas, but not in a big way, it spans a few months and could easily be read at any time of year when you want just a good book to curl up with.

It is a fabulous story, that shows just what a great write Beth Good is, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this book.

Thank you to Quercus and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily,
Loved that this was set in Cornwall as it’s not far from my home town. I connected with the characters straight away and liked that there was ‘issues’ as well as the Christmas romance so there was a nice mix. Really enjoyed it, and would recommend to others.
A sweet and cosy story, festive and highly enjoyable. It's the perfect book for these bleak times as it's uplifting and heartwarming.
Good character and plot development, a cast of interesting characters.
It's highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
A Very Cornish Christmas was a magical read of secrets and family ties. I felt the pent-up, prickly and ever-changing emotions of the characters, particularly exuberant midwife Caroline and the aloof, enigmatic Brodie, a bodyguard. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Porthmellow, Cornwall, whilst long-held secrets where being slowly unravelled. This novel is a perfect choice if your life needs an injection of Yuletide merriment and magic without being OTT.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Quercus via NetGalley and this is my own unbiased opinion.
Carolyn is a midwife. Her half sister  Jennifer is married to a famous Hollywood film star and visits in the lead up to Christmas.  During the visit, Jennifer discovers she is pregnant and decides to settle back in Pethporro. Her husband Alec and his friend and bodyguard, Brodie decide to set up a production company.
Then Carolyn's estranged mother turns up. Is she up to something? Is she all she appears.
Brodie, injured in a bomb attack and Carolyn, unwilling to commit to anyone find themselves attracted to each other.
Will they find a way to be together?
This story was well written but didn't grab my attention particularly.
If you want Christmas magic, a little bit of sparkle into your life and to transported to somewhere else when we all have to stay in our houses for lockdown 2.0 then this is the perfect book to get you in the festive mood and to lift your spirits.
Whilst this can be read as a standalone it was apparent at the start that this was part of a series (the 3rd book). Having not read the previous 2 I feel that it affected the portrayal of some of the characters. The title is odd because the story has very little to do with christmas. Maybe I would have enjoyed this more having read the other books but it was rather average. I did not like caroline and when you don't like a character who you're supposed to feel for in the story it makes for difficult reading.
Back in Cornwall's Porthmellow for another great read, this is a wonderful place with wonderful characters and descriptions of everything about Porthmellow.  Very well written, a joy to read and well worth 5 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for this ARC giving an honest review.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

It was  lovely to be back in Porthmellow.

Hooked from the first chapter, wanting to find out what on earth had changed Scarlett's Christmas day, so much that she had to flee from it and end up in the pub, wearing fluffy bunny slippers.

So, he events of that first Christmas are revealed, and I could definitely understand her feelings.

This was the story of Scarlett and Ellie's family, going from the bomb that hit the family the previous year.

More secrets are revealed, along with both ladies also having potential romances, but then  nothing runs smoothly.

This is a book with a theme of Christmas at its heart, with the importance of family, and coming together as a community.

It wasn’t overly festive but enjoyable all the same.

Recommend it.
This is the first book I’ve read by this author, overall a nice, pleasant, easy read.
My only grievances are that it didn’t feel as Christmassy as the title lead me to believe, Christmas was barely mentioned until I was roughly half way through. Also it was the second book in the series, which I wish I’d known before as I’d have read the previous book to get more of a feel of the backstory (my fault, I normally check these things). It can be read as a standalone, but reading the first book would’ve made me feel more of a connection with the characters.
That said the book was a nice read and I would definitely try another by this author.
Thank you to NetGalley, Beth Good and Quercus for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
A Very Cornish Christmas is the first Beth Good book I’ve read and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Caroline is a midwife, she works all hours providing care to her mums to be. She’s not looking for love as any free time she has she spends it looking for adventure. Her sister is recently home from LA with her husband, she has a baby on the way and with dark and brooding Brodie in tow, she definitely has plans for Caroline. However when Caroline discovers a shocking secret, she wonders if she can have a very Cornish Christmas with her family.

Well written, I found this book hard to put down. I liked the characters and the relationships they built and found the book progressed at a great pace.

Thank you to NetGalley, Quercus Books and the author for the chance to review.
I was only a few chapters into this book before I realised that it was part of a series. Although I managed to work what the other books were about, I think that I would have enjoyed this book more if I had read the previous books. It can be read as a standalone book though.
 It took me a while to warm to some of the characters and I think that if I had read the previous books then the characters and the context of the previous events would have made it easier to understand them.
It is good that the book tackles disability and depression. It is a subject that fictional books often shy away from.
The setting was lovely, Cornwall is always a great location for books and it is nice to read about the place when it is not in full tourist season.
Although this book has Christmas in the title it is not a very festive book, as Christmas only occurs in the last few chapters. It is a nice, easy read., good for reading when the weather is bad and you want to relax.
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for my ARC.
Caroline’s step sister Jennifer has come to England from LA along with her famous husband.  As Jennifer is so content and in love she wishes the same for her sister. Caroline is not on board for this project and when she meets their friend Brodie, sparks fly, however at first not of the romantic kind.

This was the first book I have read by Beth Good, I would definitely read something else written by her.
A great read, the story of Caroline and Brodie. Both are attracted to the other, but hide it for their own reasons. Will things change when they are forced to spend time together?
A brilliant Christmas story of love, family and self confidence. This story is about a lady named Caroline whose sister Jennifer is married to Alex Delgardo, movie star. Jennifer and Alex return to Cornwall from the states with Alex’s best friend/Bodyguard Brodie.

Caroline is glad to have her sister back and everything seems good in life, that is until someone from the past reappears and turns her world upside down. Is history best left in the past and can you ever recover from past traumas?

This book is set in the beautiful area of Cornwall and really sets a scene  of where the story is told.

I have never read anything by the author, however, after reading this book I will be going back and reading all her other books where you can learn more about Jennifer & Alex.

I loved the Christmas feel of the book and all the twists and turns that came along with it. The characters have many layers to them and I enjoyed slowly revealing each layer as the story went on, like your very own Christmas present.

I will definitely read more from this author, it’s definitely got me in the mood for Christmas
Thanks to Netgalley and Quercus books for a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

This is my first Beth Good book and on the whole, I enjoyed it.  I have really enjoyed books I've read during this crazy time that have been set in Cornwall - perhaps because I've not been there!

A lighthearted read but not overly Christmassy - the Christmas part only really comes in the last few chapters.