Cover Image: My Sister's Husband

My Sister's Husband

Oh my, I just finished this book and I'm speechless.  I thought MANY times throughout the book I had it figured out and boy, was I wrong!  If you like books that keep you on the edge of your seat and are FILLED with twists and turns, then this book is for you.  Excellent read!
What an amazing book!  Twists and turns galore!  Lies, deceit, murder, jealousy, you name it, and this book has it!  I recommend this author , so add her too your list.  Enjoy!
WoW.......What a book.........My Sister's Husband By Nicola Marsh was. You will find this Book full of twists and turns throughout, which in my words is a brilliant book that will have you guessing right till the end!

I highly recommend this book. 10/10 read.

Big Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for supplying a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review
Hands down one of the best thrillers I read this year. This story is as twisted as it gets! I litterly couldn't put it down and read in a day. This story of two sisters is a relationship we can all relate to.  But don't think you know how it ends because it was a shocker for me even a seasoned lover of mystery was surprised! A must read!
I really loved this one! I have enjoyed past books by this author and this one did not disappoint! So many twists and turns that I did not see coming. Definitely recommend!
I just love anything Nicola Marsh publishes because she always has a twisted story to share.
This was a perfect psychological thriller for cuddling under the blanket with wine and this book! Do NOT read anyone’s reviews that give away the story! Just go into it blind! you will not be disappointed!
twists, turns, OMG moments.
Thank you #Netgalley, the author and publisher for my free arc in exchange for my honest review.
10 stars.
I really enjoyed this one,it gripped me from the beginning and I liked the plot I will def read more from nicola marsh.Do not miss this one :) you'llve love it.
My Sister's Husband is sinister, creepy and absolutely gripping read. It has everything you could want, scandal, intrigue. It sucks you in from the first page and doesn't let you go till the end. Edge of your seat read.
An addictive, suspenseful page-turner from start to finish! The twists just keep on coming.  I absolutely loved this book. Highly recommend to everyone.  I will definitely be watching for more books by this author.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the early copy
A rollercoaster ride was this with the atmosphere of history repeating itself. Author Nicola Marsh’s writing had my heart thumping like a rabbit being stalked.

Every turn of the page filled me with trepidation and excitement about what I would find written on it. The words chosen had the greatest potential of infusing me with frenetic energy to know – What happened next. The Sister’s Husband was one wicked thriller.

This was the story of Brooke and Freya in the present and Alice and Diana in the past. Brooke had left town after a catastrophe and returned only for Freya’s wedding. Alice was raising her sister’s kids along with her own after her death. Their lives were intertwined where coveting what the other one had was the theme.

Having read many books by this talented author, I was glad she came out with something new where secrets and lies went hand in glove in the entire story. Some of the characters went too far in their need to hide the past. But loose lips sink sips. And a word uttered at an inopportune time caused Brooke to start digging way into the past.

I liked how the author managed to ramp up my curiosity to the point where reading this book became my sole focus. I liked the sisters even when I hated their acts. A moment’s desperation could lead to madness.

This was a perfect book for me to lose my head over as it kept the world far away. The secrets between the sisters, their husbands, and the closely guarded lies had me salivating to get to the end. The author dropped one truth every few pages, and there were times I thought I had it figured out. But I was wrong.

Some might think it was too far fetched. But I did know some things go around in a circle. This did too. That was the beauty of it. Would knowing the final secret restore the balance and love between all of them?
I chose this book based on the reviews I read and how good the premise sounded, but after trying a number of times to pick it back up and finish it beyond the 70% mark I just can't unfortunately. I was hoping for a really twisty thriller that I would fly through, but I found myself getting bored even with so much going on, maybe because it actually became all a bit confusing. I didn't like the characters much either as I found the sisters to be annoying.
“It should be easier with siblings. Growing up together, sharing stuff, from clothes to music to excuses to get out of curfew makes the bond strong—it should be unbreakable. But sometimes it’s not.
Sometimes those we love the most are the ones who hurt us irrevocably and we can never go back.
Fathers are supposed to be role models.
Mothers should nurture and encourage.
 But what if your dad doesn’t set a good example and your mom doesn’t care? If the family you have is in name only, patched together by the DNA that bonds you and little else? “

My sister's Husband is a suspense/mystery book full of secrets, Lies, hate, and jealousy among sisters from generation to generation. The story starts where elder sister Brooke receives an invitation to her younger sister Freya’s weeding with an email from Cousin Lizzie, saying her mother (Brooke’s aunt) Alice is ill.

After been disconnect from her family and home for a long time, Brooke is uncertain whether she wants to visit her family and connect with her past. But giving a second chance, she decided to attend her sister’s wedding with the intention of repairing the broken bonds among family members.

Little that she knows that there are full of surprises waiting for her at the other end and the time she spends with family can change her entire life the way she never expected.

This is one of the great mystery/suspense stories I have read in the year 2020 and It was hard to put the book down once I started.
With being an elder sister myself, I felt so connected with Brooke and the relationship with the younger sister. The relationship with sisters can be sweet as it could be but can turn to be toxic at the same time.
The story is in multiple POV’s from Brooke, Freya, and Alice in two different timespans. I really enjoyed the author’s writing style, the characters, and all the twists and turns even though the title seems questioned since there is no Major husband role is playing in the story.

Overall, This is a well-written story for any mystery reader, and it will keep you hooked from the beginning.
This is my first reading from Nicola Marsh, and I will be definitely picking up more books in the future.
My thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for an ARC of My Sister's Husband in exchange for an honest review.
The blurb reads "He’s as handsome as I remember: broad shoulders, piercing blue eyes, hair the colour of burnt toffee.
But what is he doing at my sister’s house?
And then I see her. My baby sister. She smiles, she tips her hand so I can see the ring. And his arm slides around her waist, pulling her close...."

Firstly, thank you so much Netgalley, Bookouture and Nicola Marsh for giving me the opportunity to read an advance copy of My Sister's Husband.
What a fantastic story this was!  Secrets being kept by almost every character, discoveries for the reader on every page.  its a story of two generations of sisters with very dysfunctional relationships with each other,  no sisterly love here but plenty of jealousy and resentment. As Shakespeare said  "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Thoroughly enjoyable book to read with a twist at the end too.
Omg this is a total you can not stop reading late into the night! I was hooked from the start and every time I would put it down I would have to read just one more chapter! The title says it all and it’s a must read!!
This is one of those books that makes you grateful for your own dysfunctional family, because you know that it could be much worse!  Lots of suspense, lies, secrets, and more to be found in this well written, chilling read!  Well written, original, chilling, thrilling, and shocking   Would have given a 5 star, but there were too many characters, which kept me slightly confused, so had to mark down a bit for that!  Overall, I do highly recommend this deliciously dark read!
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for my copy!!

Jealous sisters! And I’m  talking about hateful jealousy.  Told between Freya and Brooke who are sisters and their Aunt Alice who raised them who was also jealous of her sister.

The twists were GOOD in this book and I loved the Alice chapters but the current chapters between Freya and Brooke were sometimes boring. I had a hard time getting through them until about 3/4 through the book when things started to happen.

Overall this was a good read and I am always a sucker for a twist that I never saw coming
I couldn't really say I liked this book.  It truly was not what I expected. Almost every page was either taking place in the present or past and was hard to keep up with what was going on, plus, where were the husbands?  I thought it was a bit hard to believe any of it, but you never know. Family can be really messed up sometimes.  If you like this type of book, then it's for you, filled with emotion, danger, twist and turns.  It did make me think of the deep rooted issues that we all carry with us from our childhood.
Thanks to Net Gallery for giving me the chance to read this book for an honest opinion.
This is a story of two sets of sisters over two timelines.
Alice and Diana are one set of twins.
And Brooke and Freya are Diana's daughters and they have been brought up by Alice.
Brooke left the family years ago after a tragedy but Freya has invited her to her wedding and that Alice is ill.
Brooke comes home and finds Fraye's husband to be is a face from the past.
A great read.
Plenty of twists and turns
Thanks NetGalley
Wow!! Two generations of sisters and so many secrets. Just when I thought I had it figured out there was another twist. Had me guessing til the end. I will definitely be reading more from this author. Thanks to NetGalley for the privilege to read and review this book.
This is a story about sibling rivalry. I found it hard to get in to at first and found the rivalry a little childish. I wasn't a fan of the ending and won't be recommending this.