Cover Image: One Fatal Night

One Fatal Night

This is my first read by this author though it won’t be my last as this is a great read.

Astrid blames David for her mother’s suicide so she will do whatever she can to seek revenge. Daniel is a wealthy business man with his own secrets.

I thought this was a great read
Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book.

I really struggled to enjoy this book as the writing style wasn’t for me.
This was a fast paced read but I found bits of it confusing and couldn't really get into it. I felt detached from the characters and even though it moved quickly I felt there was something missing for me.
I appreciated the storyline, but the back story on the characters would have been an improvement. The characters were interesting enough to want to know more about them. Why were Daniel and Joel's lives so connected? They argued like brothers, but came together when it counted. There was an interesting relationship to be explored there. More backstory on Astrid would have increased the interest. I liked that I could read the book in a single sitting, but would have come back to read more if there had been more to read. I feel like the author left us wanting more, yet the book was written well (no misspelled words or weird punctuation). Once more thing is that I really liked that the author didn't feel like it was necessary to use obscene language throughout the book.
I enjoyed this book, very fast paced with lots of twists and turns, kept me at the edge of my seat..
This is an amazing thriller that addicts you until the end. Well written and fast paced, I loved! I want to read more books from this author
Sorry I didn't really enjoy this book. It didn't really hook me and I found myself drifting off. Very sorry x
One Fatal Night by Helene Fermont, is one book that will have you wanting more. Astrid Jensen is holding grudges. In her mind there is only one person responsible for the death of her mother and she will do whatever it takes to get revenge. Daniel Holst is handsome and financially stable. Astrid wants to revel all of his dark secrets. While Astrid starts to find out more about Daniel people from her mothers past start dying. Astrid must work hard to figure out who the killer is. While Astrid is looking at Daniel, he too is finding people from his past dead. Who could be killing people? Can Astrid and Daniel work together to find out who the killer is? The author does an amazing job at swapping between characters and keeping the readers attention.

Thank you to netgalley as well as the author/publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for my honest review.
This story was very confusing. I felt completely disorientated from the first chapter. It was as if I'd started somewhere in the middle and had somehow missed the beginning. When I finally finished I kept wondering if this was a translation. I know this was an unedited proof, but it read as if English wasn't the authors first language. It took a long time to read such a short book.
Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher.   Not sure what sort of review to write about this, I liked the story, I liked the characters, not sure about the style of writing.   It was just okay.
Loved this book.   I liked the personalities of the characters and the twist had me guessing until the end!
This is a suspense mystery/thriller. This book is fill with suspense and drama. This is a short fast pace book. This book in a nutshell is about the fact Astrid Jensen's mother committed suicide, and now she is looking to find the one man she thinks is the reason her mother committed suicide. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (West Harbour Books) or author (Helene Fermont) via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review about how I feel about this book, and I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
This is a short novel (133 pages) but is certainly full of action and intrigue.

The novel tells of Astrid's attempt to revenge the man she considers responsible for her mothers murder. But typically there is much more to what she thought happened and what actually occurred.

A decent quick read that many people enjoyed so who am I to argue but didn't really push my buttons.

I would like to thank both Netgalley and Cameron Publicity & Marketing Ltd for supplying a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
This sounded interesting, but it read like bad fanfiction.  It's fast paced, but I felt that this gave little chance for the characters develop, or for me to develop an attachment to them.  I did hope it would get better, but it just wasn't for me.
Astrid Jensen's mother committed suicide when she was much younger. She is now determined to find that man who was the cause of her mother's suicide. She thinks she knows who this man is, but when she starts to get closer to this man, many secrets start to come to light.  Is the man she thought caused her mother's suicide really that man or is he maybe the father she never knew or maybe he is the one to help her find all the answers? The idea of this story was better than the story itself for me.  This book is less than 150 pages and probably should have been longer.  If there was more character development and background story or if so much did not happen so fast, I think this story could have been better. I am giving this a 3 star review. Thank you to NG, the publisher, and the author for allowing me to read this book.
Astrid Jensen is looking for the man who was responsible for her mother's suicide.  She's also looking for her father.. a man she's never met. Are they one and the same?

People from her mother's past start dying ... will she be next?

This is a short read .. less than 200 pages.   While I was not enthralled with this book, it wasn't the worst I've ever read.  I could not get into this one ... I didn't connect with the characters at all.    This is the first I've read of this author.  I know the author has other books out there ...and I might try one of those. This one may have been an anomaly.

Many thanks to the author / Cameron Publicity & Marketing Ltd / Netgalley for the digital  copy of this crime fiction.  Opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
WOW!! One Fatal Night by Helene Fermont was intense and fast paced. This book will have you on the seat of your chair with all different questions leading up to the final answers at the end of the book.
The author really has something here and the book could probably have been twice as long without detracting from the pace of the story.  In fact, it almost seemed like there were gaps which could have been filled by a bit more dialogue or description.  Overall, a very interesting story with enough twists to keep the most avid mystery buffs focused.
This has the bones of a very twisty thriller however as it is a novella I think it’s missing the padding it needs to make the story really flow. The general story is good, there was a lot of coincidence with the characters but it works overall although I’m not sure the end quite fit. The story feels fragmented, hence my thoughts it would have been better as a full book and the language feels as though it’s been translated but I don’t think it has, I think this has potential but for me it missed the mark 5/10