Cover Image: Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge

Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge

Was looking forward to this book, however it just wasnt for me. Felt very rushed and clumsy, character development etc could have been better
Very enjoyable, a perfect, typical cosy and light Christmas read. Got me in the Christmas spirit by drifting me elsewhere for a while.
This was the first holiday book I read for 2020. A great start to my epic holiday tbr. It’s a must add. Quick read but enjoyable.
If you want Christmas magic, a little bit of sparkle into your life and to transported to somewhere else when we all have to stay in our houses for lockdown 2.0 then this is the perfect book to get you in the festive mood and to lift your spirits.
At first I found this book slightly confusing and a bit muddled and I struggled to get into the first couple of chapters, however I persevered and I am so glad I did!
Rebecca runs an alpine cafe for her wonderful friend Hans who owns it. I loved their friendship and there were times I laughed out loud reading about Hans' clumsy actions. His friend Luke turns up to stay and the connection between Rebecca and Luke is instant.  Reading how their friendship and romance evolves was funny and light hearted but there were also moments of real emotion in the story.
A wonderful read that made me laugh and cry at the same time, totally brilliant!
Thank you to the publishers and NetGalley for allowing me to read and give an unbiased review.
I love Rachel's books, and she really delivered on the Christmas spirit with this one, a really enjoyable read, with a little added sparkle perfect for the season.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

Another fabulous book by Rachel.

This book really gives you all the feels. I absolutely loved it!

Luke, he is genuine and likeable right from the start.  This was played out so well, leaving me with a smiling face.

Rachel pulled me in from very early on, and kept my attention and the book has been completely impossible to put down.

I think that the cover alone, makes you want to pick up this book. It’s so beautiful and eye catching, definitely does the story inside justice.

The plot that Rachel created, plays out perfectly, it’s guaranteed to melt even the coldest of hearts.

The characters, were a  brilliant mix and definitely ones you, as a reader you can relate to.

I can highly recommend.

I absolutely cannot wait for more from Rachel.
I was looking forward to this one but what a let down, i didn't like the characters the story was confusing at parts and also felt rushed. Nice cover though.
This is a short and easygoing read. I managed to read it in a couple of hours.
The setting is perfect, and a perfect Winters day read.
There were many fun and humorous moments, but also sadness too. The book is also heartwarming though, and it is good to see Rebecca and Luke work through their fears.
The only criticism that I have is that the relationship between Rebecca and Luke happened very quickly, even for a romantic novel.  It seemed incredibly fast, given their personalities. The book was fairly predictable, but most romantic novels are, so this doesn't bother me.
Despite this, I thought that the book was enjoyable and entertaining. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for my ARC.
I had such high hopes for this book, the description absolutely drew me in. Unfortunately the book just didn't hook me. The story felt forced, Rebecca and Luke didn't mesh well together, and the writing was a tad robotic.
💕 Thank you to NetGalley U.K. and HQ Digital for a copy in return of an honest review

I found this story enjoyable. The main characters are well written, I love the honesty portrayed in their flaws and failings, so much so that my frustration and annoyance at some of their antics was evident. This to me, is good writing. They are real, they both have emotional scars to overcome and the story handles this truthfully.  That said, they are also funny, sweet and likeable. The circle of friendships within the book makes the story come to life. Hans and Luke's bromance is heart warming, I loved getting to know them.
Thank you NetGalley, Rachel Dove and HQ Digital for the ARC of Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge. This is my personal review .
This is the first book written by Rachel Dove I have read.
I went into this with the mindset I would be enjoying much more than I did - I had read it was going to be a heartwarming novel.
But sad to say for me it was not at all. I did not feel anything towards Rebecca that made me think she was heartwarming and someone I wanted to know. Luke and Rebecca did not make a couple I would want to see stay together. They just did not mesh for me.
Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge by Rachel Dove
Publisher: HQ Digital
Genre: Romance
Release Date: October 9, 2020
❄️❄️❄️❄️
Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge by Rachel Dove is a beautiful story about love, hope, friendship, and the power of not giving up.

The opening of the book starts off in a dark way, filled with sadness, but it is so worth it to go through that with the characters. The characters in this book are so wonderful and they take you on a journey of growth & healing. I became so emotionally invested in this book. I laughed, I cried, and I swore a little! 😂

If you are looking for a story about hope, personal growth & recovery, and love, this is definetly the book you are looking for!❤️

I'm so grateful to Rachel Dove, HQ Digital, and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this ARC ebook in exchange for my honest review.
This is the first book I’ve read by Rachel Dove and I’m so glad I found this book.  Normally, I don’t read reviews before reading a story, but I read some for this book.  I’m glad I ignored them and read this book anyway.  Rebecca was a successful skier until she had her accident.  She’s now working at her friend’s cafe, Alpine Bites, and living in the lodge upstairs.  When Hans, her boss, has a friend come to visit, he says he can stay with Rebecca.  Luke has come to learn to ski in hopes that it’ll get his dad, Frank, to fight to live, after suffering a stroke.  In this book, we get two romance chances instead of just one.  I won’t leave any spoilers, so grab your copy and see what happens.  Be prepared to laugh out loud while reading about these wonderful characters.
Rachel Dove is a new author for me, I simply couldn’t resist the lovely cover of Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge.

I really enjoyed this book. It has great character development, a really cute romance, and plenty of humor.
Queen Rachel has done it again!!! This book really has given me all the feels. I have absolutely loved it! Definitely my favourite so far- I know I say that about all Rachel’s books but this one really is a fantastic and beautiful read.

I love Luke, he is genuine and likeable from the very beginning and I have been rooting for him and Bec. I absolutely love how this has played out and have definitely been left smiling.

Rachel has pulled me in from very early on, this has kept my attention and been completely impossible to put down. I literally have nothing negative to say about this magical read.

The cover alone, is enough to make you want to pick up this book. It’s beautiful and eye catching. The story inside is just as breathtaking.

Rachel has created a plot which plays out perfectly and is guaranteed to melt even the coldest of hearts. The characters in this one are a brilliant mix and definitely ones that as a reader you can relate to.

This is definitely a perfect read which I can highly recommend. This is deserving of all the stars, five stars really doesn’t do this one justice.
Another one that just wasn’t for me. The romance here was far fetched. One minute Rebecca is hopping into bed with Luke and the next she’s complaining that they’ve only known each other a week so how could he really know her? Come on now.

The friends in the alpine village were wooden too, just random characters with weird traits. Hans and Holly were awkward. Robbie repeatedly showing up was more awkward. Luke and Rebecca sniffing each other’s bathroom products was very childish.

Just didn’t work for me.
I’ve not read any books by Rachel Dove before but I really enjoyed this one.  Set in The French Alps Rebecca is hiding away after a serious skiing accident a few years ago. She works in The Alpine Bites owned by her friend/boss Hans who has taught her to bake.
At first I thought Rebecca was going to be grumpy and standoffish but her attitude soon changes when a handsome friend of Han is forced to stay with her.
Luke gives Rebecca a reason to live again and she remembers her love of the slopes as she teaches him to ski.
Luke is also trying to sort out his life after falling out with his dad who has recently had a stroke.

I wouldn’t say this book screams out Christmas but was a great read for this time of year, I’ve never been skiing but this made me excited for Luke and Rebecca enjoyed every page.
Thanks you Rachel Dove and HQ for my early copy.
Meet me at the Fir Tree Lodge - Rachel Dove.

This was a new author for me and I was not at all disappointed. I really liked the gentle kind nature of Luke, and the history with his dad. Reading other peoples reviews it seems that Rebecca's character is not what they were expecting, she does come across quite brash and stand offish, however I must admit I quite liked her for this as it was refreshing from the normal cast of characters in a romance (specifically festive read) I felt that it made her more relatable and "normal".

The setting was just perfect for the ambience of the book (set in the French Alps) and working at Alpine Bites Cafe -just perfect. A great Christmas read with plenty of heart and funny moments.
After an accident, and running from her past, Rebecca is staying at Fir Tree Lodge, in the French Alps, running the cafe. Luke, is her unexpected lodger.

The stunning location draws you in. Heartwarming, tears and laughter. A perfect escape. Just magical. Perfect sat wrapped in a blanket with a hot chocolate. A cozy read. Just loved it.

Thank you to #Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.