Cover Image: The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane

The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane

I was drawn to this one by the gorgeous, artistic, crisp cover and the author’s name, as she is one that has been recommended to me many times by friends and Bookstagrammers! I have a few waiting on my Kindle but I was eagerly anticipating reading this one…

This definitely did not disappoint. I knew from the first few pages and the festive atmosphere and community spirit shown that this would be one I would love. I was immediately transported from the rather bleak reality of a tier 4 lockdown Christmas to the beautiful, nostalgic Nutcracker Lane…

I really struggled to put it down and eventually finished it at 3am having read 34% in one sitting (this is highly unusual for me!)

The writer’s skill shines through in this book. The romance is delicately balanced and developed as the narrative is also peppered with tension- the romantic and sexual tension that exists between the two main love interests, and the tension that exists within the community as they wonder whether this Christmas on Nutcracker Lane will be the last one as they know it…

I have been totally invested in this story and I was rooting for the main characters, Nia and James throughout. Nia especially, I could identify with as someone who is hard working, determined, a romantic at heart but also realistic and quite guarded at times… Jaimie creates such realistic characters you could imagine them becoming your friends or living next door to you!

This has undoubtedly been a 5 star read due to its originality and creativity, and one I would highly recommend to fans of festive reads or romantic fiction! I am really looking forward to reading more by this author in the New Year!
This was a fun light hearted Christmas read, but it felt slow at times. It doesn’t read as hallmark as I expected, but was still light hearted. I just struggled to fully embrace the story, but I can’t put my finger on why.
There’s something to be said for magical realism – especially at Christmas time, the most magical time of year, when that line between reality and magic seems thinner as is.

Nutcracker Lane certainly has its own brand of Christmas magic going on – and out of all of the holiday books I’ve read this year, this might’ve been the one that made me feel like Christmas the most. There’s a veritable Scrooge, nostalgia, trying to save part of Nia’s childhood… Some perceived (kinda real) betrayal, supportive friendships, and the type of romance that made me tingle. Honestly – I felt the butterflies when that first kiss happened.

Combined with enough Christmas sweetness to give you a toothache, people banding together and, of course: that perfect happy ending? This is exactly the type of read you need to get exactly in the Christmas spirit!
Thank you to Netgalley, HQ and Jaimie Admans for my arc of The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane in exchange for an honest review.

I am all about Hallmark Christmas movies and Christmas books but I just could not get into this book. I really wanted to love it but at about 40% I gave up.
I liked this book, for the sheer fact of the story roping me in. The characters were just okay. I felt like the friend who owned the shop and her daughter weren't needed to move the story along. I called the twist rather early on into the story, so when it finally happened I wasn't surprised. This was my first time reading a book by this author and I would read one be her again. Thanks Netgalley for letting me read this book!
This was a pretty good book. It did feel a little cliche in places and there seemed to be a lot of down time where nothing much happened. I did like the characters though and the setting. It was certainly festive though, lots of snow and christmas.
The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane by Jaimie Admans is a sweet, magical story. I'm not a big romance reader but this book had just the right amount of romance and Christmas magic to balance each other out.
It is a lovely story for the Christmas period.

Thank you to NetGalley and HQ for my copy.
If you're a Holiday book lover like me, The Little Shop on Nutcracker Lane is is one to add to your list! I am also very obsessed with Nutcrackers, so imagine my surprise when I searched for holiday books and found this one.

35-year old Nia Maddison has been down on her luck with love. After a slew of cheating men, she's ready to toss love in the trash and focus on her craft shop at Nutcracker Lane: a cozy Christmas village that has seen better days. With the threat that Nutcracker Lane may be shut down due to an evil Scrooge-like manager, Nia takes it upon herself to lead the masses and rise against the manager. However, after making a wish on the lane's giant Nutcracker, it looks like love may be in Nia's future and things make get a little messier than presumed.

What stood out to me about this book is that it really addresses that the holidays aren't everybody's favorite time of year. The holidays can be very challenging, especially this year in 2020, and I really appreciate that Admans had a character who struggled with accepting Christmas and went on a journey to understand what it could mean for them. I also thought Nia was a strong character. I loved that I got such a sense of who she was and what she was thinking. She was a strong female character who was absolutely genuine. She was so sincere in her actions and thoughts. She made some big realizations during the book that delved deep into what the spirit of the holidays actually means. I am grateful for a holiday book that puts the season under a microscope and gets to the heart of all the traditions we love.
This book was BEYOND cute. There was so much heart and magic in this! I loved the characters, the setting, the twist! Oh my goodness, I was just so giddy reading this.
This was a perfectly sweet festive read, just the right amount of romance and Christmas! Cannot wait to read more by this author
What a lovely heart warming book. There was so much love and Christmas spirit in this book and my love for nutcracker has grown i be getting myself one :). This is the first time reading a book by Jamie Adams and I am so greatly for NetGalley to letting me read this book I can't wait to read more by this author. I was interesting to see if nia was going find her Prince charming with the bloke from.accros the road. In this book there was so much Christmas spirit and love from the first page to the very last. I given the book 5stars but would give more of i could
Thank you to NetGalley and HQ for the opportunity to read this Christmas story by Jaimie Admans.
First time reading one of her novels and although at the beginning it sound very classical and all, it's worth reading it. My only "but" would be that I was expecting something more related to the Nutcracker story.

It made me remember Lifetime 2018 movie "A Very Nutty Christmas", about the idea of a Nutcracker coming to life, but in this one James is the one who hates Christmas and Nia, our protagonist is looking to safe Christmas and her job, thinking in between that James is a Disney prince. This would be the type of book I'd have read as a teen, specially with all the details of an English Christmas in a town with snow, Nutcrackers, tea and mince pies; so now as an adult maybe this book is not my type.
This cosy festive read was the perfect companion to my mulled wine. It is a super easy and cheerful read with lots of romance and magic to ooze with Christmas spirit. James appears in nutcracker Lane overnight and seemd like the perfect gentleman... too perfect. Some would say Prince like. Nee has had her heart broken one to many times and is looking forward to her first year at nutcracker Lane but things just are not what they used to be. Can she save her dream?
I don't think I've ever been immersed in as much Christmas fun in a book before I read this one.
This book has Christmas dripping from every page, seriously.
Nutcracker Lane is a bunch of shops that sell stuff pertaining to Christmas obviously and it's been a life long tradition for Nia to visit the shops every Christmas season with family and now on her own/ There are so many shops selling toys,decorations,jewelry,flowers,baker goods,confections and much more. Nia makes hand made ornaments and has tried to get a spot at one of the shops for years and she feels so fortunate that a spot has finally opened up for her this year.
After opening her shop with her best friend she realizes this year is different. no one knows who the owner is this year but they call him Scrooge and he's tightened the budget and is trying to get rid of the traditions including the magical nut cracker wish tradition.
Shop keepers that were best friends in the past now don't talk to each other as they feel the other shop keepers are in competition with them.
Nia just wants things to go back to the way they were when she was younger,everyone got along and the Christmas magic was kept alive.
Meeting the shop keeper the next shop over well he seems like her prince charming but she is in for a big surprise that blindsides her.
Very Christmassy. I enjoyed this one a lot!

Pub Date 16 Oct 2020
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
Thanks to NetGalley for sending me the PDF of this book. Unfortunately, I had to DNF this one. The writing style was not my cup of tea whatsoever; so much that I could not finish the book. I don't want to give it a star rating since I didn't read enough of it to decide an overall rating. Since I did DNF it, I'm sadly going to have to give it 1 star.
I'm so conflicted over this book! On the one hand, it's delightfully festive, has a couple that I adored and a supporting cast of random characters that made me giggle. I enjoyed the slow burn of the romance, the hope and magic of Christmas that the author captured perfectly, and the simple joy it brought. However, it was so long-winded that it felt like a slog to get through it... I feel that it could have been shortened by a good amount and been a better, punchier, story.
I'd still recommend it though. Admans knows how to write Christmas. Her love for the holiday season bleeds through on every single page and I'm convinced that she could make the biggest grinch feel festive.
Okay so first things first lets just jump into all the Christmas goodness first, since my tree is up and I'm feeling very festive. In fact, I wasn't sure about putting my tree up so early, but after reading the first few chapters of this book on Saturday, there was no stopping me! Nia's cottage sounded so cute and cosy that I knew I had to get all the decorations out and light up the house with all the twinkly lights and tinsel, which makes it extra magical right now. I love it! Honestly, I couldn't help put smile every time Nia went home, her cottage wrapped me in a warm, festive hug and I adored the nights she spent watching Christmas movies and cooking delicious meals. This is me not giving too much away, but these were some of my favourite scenes.

As for Nutcracker Lane itself, it sounded idyllic. Imagine the Christmas markets we know and love, but under a roof, so you can stay warm and dry. That would be like the Trafford centre only with a glass roof and every shop being related to Christmas!! How amazing would that be? Each time I picked up the book I was fully immersed into the lane. The descriptions were so vivid I felt like I knew every detail of every shop, it's position and every corner and bend of  the lane. Just thinking about it now makes me feel like I've actually been there on a holiday and back. It was wonderfully magical, with the right about of Christmas cheer, which made my heart happy.

I loved that Nia was so creative and that she could make whatever she wanted. Woodwork has always interested me, so everything she created for the shop sounded really cool. I'd love to be able to pick up a saw or operate machinery to make my own wooden ornaments or signs. The fact that she and her best friend had joined forces to combine their creative genius was lovely and I definitely wanted to visit their shop.

James I warmed to from the moment Nia met him. Not least because the Flynn Rider reference I could totally get on board with - Tangled is my favourite! :) James' humour had me giggling into my tea and half the time, I wanted to reach out and give him a hug myself. His cheekiness and one liners were definitely swoon worthy, which made me love the interactions between him and Nia that much more. I loved that they built this friendship and easy going relationship with each other over all things Christmas! :)

Jaimie tied in the story of the Nutcracker so well too. Reading about all the different kinds and the way she weaved in magic and wonder was perfect for a holiday read. I really must read the actual Nutcracker story now! If you're looking for new festive reads to curl up next to the tree with a hot chocolate with, then 'The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane,' must definitely be added to your list. Jaimie delivers heart, romance and wonderful Christmas messages in this magical tale.
Thank you #netgalley for a copy of this book for my honest review. I had really high hopes for this one but unfortunately I didn’t love this one. It was just a little too sweet and I love sweet in my holiday reads. I didn’t connect with the love story. I didn’t feel the chemistry.  There were also some parts of the story that felt boring and unnecessary. I would still recommend this book to people who love Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies.
I can't say i enjoyed this book, i didn't like that main character and the story was to far fetched that i expected which was a shame.
The Little Christmas Shop On Nutcracker Lane by Jaimie Admans is really the most delightful contemporary novel that will warm your heart and put a smile on your lips. It is the essence of Christmas in a book.
Christmas is a time for believing in miracles but sometimes they need a little push to come true.
The novel shows that together we are stronger. When we all work towards a common goal it is closer than if we all work as individuals.
There is a wonderful air of love and festive fun over the whole book as we witness a character falling in love with all things Christmas.
Frozen hearts need warming up. Trusting and letting others into our lives is the order of the day.
If you like Christmas then this is the book for you. If you do not like Christmas, give this fun-filled book a go, you may surprize yourself and mirror a character!
I adore Jaimie Admans novels. They are feel-good reads that warm my heart.
I received this book for free. A favourable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.