Cover Image: The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane

The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane

The perfect Christmas book in my opinion. Just the right mix of Christmas magic and sparkle. A beautiful read indeed
Jaimie Admans’ The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane was super cute! A little predictable, mixed with a bit of the unexpected, this book had me, who loathes nutcrackers, actually kind of leaning towards the thought of purchasing one! If you want a little bit of magic, some romance and nostalgia, this would be a cute book for you. Thanks to Netgalley for the e-copy in exchange for review.
Lovely festive story - love the idea of Nutcracker Lane and all the festive shops. Didn’t want it to finish.
Disclaimer: Thank you for the free copy of this book to the author and to Netgalley.

Delightful and beautiful writing style. There is humor and heart on every page and I truly enjoyed reading this book. If you stopped believing in Christmas magic, I'm sure you'll be happy reading this book as it made me feel all the warmth and magic that the holiday season brings. More detailed review is currently in process for the book section of my blog.
I read this book in one sitting, on an afternoon where it was pretty rainy and I needed some escapism, which I absolutely got with this fabulous read! The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane was magical, SO festive and completely heartwarming.

I'm pretty sure my dream job would be Nia's, running my own Christmas shop on such a wonderful little street. This book had everything: romance, the full sense of community spirit, and enough Christmas sparkle to keep my going right through to 2021! I would absolutely recommend.
I loved this book it had a great Christmas love story. The book is about Nia who loves Christmas and opens a Christmas craft store in a shopping center that has a Christmas theme called Nutcracker Lane. The hero James does not love Christmas and considers himself a Grinch. He also has a shop in the same center. They meet and Nia has decided to show James the joy of Christmas.
I really enjoyed the description of Nutcracker Lane and it made me feel it was a real place and I wanted to go and visit the place if it was real. One thing that I didn't really like is that I was able to guess the twist that was going to come at the end but even though I knew it was coming it wasn't as bad because some of the solutions I did not see coming which was great
In the end I would recommend this book to anyone that loves Christmas and romance books because it hit both aspects of what I like in both areas.
I would differently read more books from this author.
I absolutely loved this book!! Having discovered this author just recently, I was thrilled to see this book was available for review and instantly fell in love with this book. The story was perfect, the characters were brilliant and I just loved how much this made me smile and laugh. The perfect read for the Christmas period!
Admans really brings her characters to life, they feel so real and relatable, and you cannot help but become invested in their tale, or fall in love with the wonderful sounding James and his awful robotic shop decoration!
I really wish there was a Nutcracker Lane near by so I could go and visit.
This is a very cute and festive Christmas story.  If you like the Hallmark movies I think you’ll enjoy this one.  The descriptions of Nutcracker Lane  make you feel like you are there.  Then there’s the holiday romance that we all love right?The story moves along a bit slowly but overall I recommend it.  Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC of this book in exchange for my review.
After working late one night, in her Christmas shop on Nutcracker Lane, Nia discovers that her boyfriend has been unfaithful. So on her way home, she decides to visit the lanes (supposedly) magical nutcracker and half-jokingly makes a wish to find Prince Charming. The next day, when returning to apologise to another shopkeeper for accidentally knocking over and breaking a human sized Nutcracker in their shop that morning, Nia finds herself face to face with James who just so happens to resemble a Disney Prince - leaving her to wonder if wishes on Nutcracker Lane really do come true?!

I think this is a book that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face, it's two wonderful leading characters and pages full of Christmas magic will leave you with all the festive feels! Everything and anything you associate with Christmas is involved, (including Die Hard, which in my opinion isn't a Xmas film - sorry not sorry!) running alongside the cutest love story.

I particularly enjoyed the wish granting that happens throughout the story and how the smallest act of kindness could make someone's day. I also loved the de-grinching of James and how Nia was convinced he was the broken Nutcracker!

I couldn't wait to read this one as Admans just does romance so well, it's so easy to pick up one of her books and just lose yourself in a happy little bubble. I wasn't disappointed, Nutcracker Lane was funny, feel good and at times a little cheesy - but all the best romances are, aren't they?! (The best guilty pleasure genre for sure!)
This was a really cute read that got me in the Christmas spirit.

The story follows Nia who is so excited to open her Christmas shop on Nutcracker Lane. She has dreamed of this ever since her childhood, but Nutcracker Lane isn't what it used to be. Can Nia save Nutcracker Lane and bring it back to its former Christmas glory?

This is a story about Magic and Hope -- two of the most important Christmas messages. This book is perfect for anyone who needs a festive dose of joy this holiday season!
Thank you to NetGalley and HQ for kindly providing me with a digital copy of this book for review.
This book was absolutely overflowing with everything Christmas- if you want to fully immerse yourself in Christmas then this book is for you.
I did enjoy this book but found it a bit far fetched and unbelievable at times- our leading lady actually considers that our leading man is a nutcracker come to life for instance.
I appreciated the sweet nature of the relationship between our 2 lead characters and thought the characters were well defined. I also love a good redemption of Scrooge type storyline.
Enjoyable. 3.5 stars
Book Review 🎄
🎄
Thank you #hqdigital @hqstories for the free copy via @netgalley in exchange for my review.
🎄
Nia has been going to Nutcracker Lane pretty much her whole life. It’s a magical place where Christmas wishes come true and everyone has the holiday spirit. However, the lane isn’t what it once was and Nia has this last year left to try and save the lane with a little help from a handsome stranger.
🎄
This was a cute, festive romance read. I loved all the Christmas vibes and it definitely got me into the holiday spirit. I wish that Nutcracker Lane was a real place that I could visit because it sounds so magical. It was totally predictable and a bit cheesy at times, but I enjoyed the story.
🎄
Perfect if you’re looking for a fun, holiday romance. It definitely gave me Hallmark channel movie vibes, so if you’re a fan, this one might be for you. ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5
🎄
Have you read this one? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
🎄
#bookreview #bookrecommendations #bookrecs #christmasbooks #thetipsyreader #netgalley #thelittlechristmasshoponnutcrackerlane #hqstories #bibliophile #bookstagram #bookstagrammer #igreads #bookcommunity #ebook
This book and story are super cute. It just dragged for me. I know holiday stories are predictable and feel-good. This one was just TOO predictable and the characters spent 80% of the book awkwardly (and frustratingly for the reader) dancing around their feelings. Will it do the job of injecting some feel-good Christmas vibes? Absolutely. Just don't ask for more.

Thank you to the author, publisher, and Netgalley for the ARC. I voluntarily read and reviewed this title.
The vibes of this one were everything I wanted. Unfortunately the story and plot themselves fell a bit flat for me. I wish the story itself matched the aesthetic of the setting.
Thank you to Netgalley, HQ and Jaimie Admans for my arc of The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane in exchange for an honest review.

Published: 16th October 2020

This book for me, would sit well with people who are fans of the Hallmark style Christmas movies. It's got that super cheesy, Christmas feel which I find just a little too saccharine for my personal taste when it comes to books and movies.

The story sees Nia finally getting a little shop on Nutcracker Lane in Wiltshire after waiting for a slot for many years. Nia makes handmade Christmas decorations and is sharing the shop with her friend Sarah who makes Christmas jewellery. All of the shops on the Lane sell Christmas type items from jumpers, to trees, to snow globes, to hats, all handmade. It wasn't particularly clear what Nutcracker Lane was exactly I at first thought an outside area like a Christmas market but then a roof was mentioned so I think it was more like the shopping village type places?

Another thing was the Nutcracker the Lane was named for. I know I'm probably just taking this personally because I myself have an allergy to nuts and at first I was impressed that said nutcracker had a selection of 'fake nuts' for allergy sufferers but then it mentioned a) they all go in the nutcrackers mouth which is super dangerous for people with nut allergies to be touching areas where nuts have been and b) nut shells are then tossed at his feet and left to 'compost' I myself have an airborne allergy to nuts so this would be dangerous for me to even walk past!

Anyway, less about my allergy and back to the main content. I didn't find the relationship between Nia and James very sincere mainly because of how opposite they were in the beginning, he hates Christmas, she loves it. I'm not saying opposites don't attract but I think it would have felt more realistic if at first they seemed less into each other considering their completely different personalities and values.

This one just really didn't do it for me. It wasn't the cosy festive read I'd been hoping for sadly.
I know this is an arc and not fully edited but it was hard to get through in some areas due to the grammatical errors. It pulls you out of the story too often.
Thank you to NetGalley & HQ Digital for the book in exchange for review!

This book was everything I want in a Christmas book! Quaint setting, charming characters, a little love and characters finding joy in the season. Throughout the entire story, I kept wishing I could visit Nutcracker Lane, it sounds lovely between the decorations, little shops and wish-granting nutcrackers.

I enjoyed the main character Nia, she would be so much to have as a friend in real life. She felt like a real person, she had hopes and dreams and valued all the relationships in her life with her friends, family and fellow shop-keepers.

This book did an excellent job of being charming without being too saccharine. If you need a heartwarming Christmas read, pick this up!
I really, really enjoyed this book!  It was my very first by Jaimie Admans, but will NOT be my last!    It was warm and cozy and just a perfect Christmas-time book.  Nia and "The Grinch" were just too cute.  I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil the story.   Nutcrackers, crafts, cocoa, and Christmas movies. are just part of the coziness.  Grab a mug of your favorite warm beverage, pull up a chair, and settle in for some Christmas spirit.
Four paws up!
Thank you to HQ and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane by Jaimie Admans
Publisher: HQ Digital
Genre: Romance
Release Date: October 16, 2020

The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane by Jaimie Admans is a sweet, Christmas romance. It is a standalone novel. This is the first book I have read by the author.

I really wanted to like this book, but I had trouble getting into it and overall it kinda fell flat. The overall story was good, but it moved too slowly for me.

It is a cute Christmas romance that will help you get into the holiday spirit.

I'm so grateful to Jaimie Admans, HQ Digital, and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this ARC ebook in exchange for my honest review.
With thanks to Netgalley and HQ

The Little Christmas shop on Nutcracker lane is a lovely christmasy book  and also a retelling of a chirstmas carol. that will get any reader into a Christmas mood. Buy this book now.