Cover Image: One Snowy Week in Springhollow

One Snowy Week in Springhollow

Thank you NetGalley, Aria & Aries and Lucy Knott for gifting me an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!
	It’s a rainy, cold November day so I decided I needed a cozy romance to escape in. enter One Snowy Week in Springhollow. If you’re a fan of sweet second chance romances set in small towns that steal your heart and characters that you fall in love with, look no further!
	Scarlett was such a breath of fresh air as a female lead. I, myself, am not a girly girl so I found myself relating to Scarlett more than I expected! I feel like most female lead characters in romances fall into the same few boxes and I felt like Lucy Knott really took her character out of those boxes and it worked!
	If you’re a fan of Gilmore Girls, quirky side characters or grew up in a small town and love the nostalgia, this one has all of that and more! I love to read holiday themed books in a small town setting because it always takes me back to my own small, Iowa home town!
	This was such a solid, fun read that leaves you happy and fulfilled! A must read if you’re looking for your next palate cleanser after heavier reads or a great way to end a reading rut!
I really enjoyed this story.

This was a nice book to read and it had a well developed storyline and the writing style was lovely, the author really brought the characters to life.

The characters had a lovely relationship and I loved seeing them develop as the book progressed. I liked the setting and it worked well for the book to make it a nice and relaxed storyline that was easy to follow.

It is 4 stars from me for this one - highly recommended!
I really wanted to enjoy this book because on paper it has everything I want and need from a romance, but unfortunately the actual experience of reading this book was difficult for me. If you love superheroes, dorky characters, and energetic characters, I highly recommend you give this story a chance, Regrettably, the prose didn't click for me, but that's a stylistic preference so really you might totally love this book.
Scarlett and Devon were best friends through childhood and then he left her and their home town. Years later and both grown up. Scarlett is working on the local magazine but had given up drawing. Devon meanwhile has become an actor and is now a superhero. When he returns home, Scarlett has to face him again and see if she can let go of her hurt.

Aww what a cute story this was. The plot is steady and the ending was easy to tell but geting there was so much fun. Their friendship was so cute when they were younger. Oh and what an ending. I love a hapy Christmas story and Scarlett finally finding herself. The charaters are all well written and relatable especially Scarlett. Her pain is so sad but understandable. I like that this focused on her finding herself and accepting it wa okay to be her. A powerful mssage tied up in a festive story. Fun, sweet and makes me want to get baking.
This was a cute and fast cozy read! I read it during an afternoon at home.it’s great to read now before trying to cram all of your holiday books before Christmas!
If you want Christmas magic, a little bit of sparkle into your life and to transported to somewhere else when we all have to stay in our houses for lockdown 2.0 then this is the perfect book to get you in the festive mood and to lift your spirits.
This is the third book I’ve read by Lucy and I have to confess that this is my new favourite. Having enjoyed reading Wishes Under a Starlit Sky last year, I didn’t think Lucy could improve her storytelling but I loved this book even more.

Scarlett was devastated when her best friend Devon left for New York and stopped enjoying the love of comic book superheroes she had enjoyed with Devon. So when Devon appears back in Springhollow to promote his new superhero movie, how will Scarlett react?

This book mixes romance, friendships, misunderstandings, peppermint coffees, superheroes, comic books, school bullies, gingerbread houses and the Avengers together and produces a lovely festive story which helped this reader escape the news of lockdown 2. I love Christmas, the Marvel movies and romance, and this book delivered everything lightly dusted with snowflakes.
Oh my!! Lucy Knott has done it again. Another absolutely fantastic read by a truly wonderful author.
I'm so ready for cwtchy jumpers, boots and winter walks after reading this one. This has been one of those books which has been completely addictive, impossible to put down.
I have loved everything about this book. This is guaranteed to cheer you up and leave you with a big smile. Lucy writes in a way that makes you feel as though you are there with the characters.
This is an absolutely perfect read which I highly recommend and is definitely five star worthy.
Thank you NetGalley, LucyKnott and Aria & Aries for the ARC of One Snowy Week in Springhollow. This is my honest review.
Scarlett was to blah for me to be vested in her life.  She was best friends Devon and when his family moved away, she refused to communicate with him. He tried by writing letters, but Scarlett would not respond to any of them.
There were just too many parts the book dragged for me that I could not feel that I even wanted to continue reading but I finished it.  It was not my favorite book about finding that one love I have ever read.
Such a fun book! Entertaining and full of laughs!

Childhood best friends Scarlett and Devon loved playing superheroes. Until one day Devon moved away. No Scarlett doesn’t watch or talk about superheroes until one snowy day someone shows up and changes her mind.

This is a good clean romance that helps you dig deep down and find what’s you really want to do in life. Especially with your best friend/boyfriend by your side.
Four stars for this cute book!

*Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with this advanced copy. All thoughts and opinions are those of my own.*
One Snowy Week in Springhollow is the latest book I finished! I had high expectations from it, but ended up having mixed feelings about the story. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the e-ARC. I rated the book with 3.45/5 ⭐

One Snowy Week in Springhollow was a cozy tale of love, friendship and discovering the best version of yourself. I enjoyed reading this book for the most part – the festive occasions, description of a White Christmas, cozy village life and strong friendships were the things I loved the most about the book. I kind of struggled to connect with the female lead, Scarlett, properly. Her immature attitude really annoyed me for a large portion of the story. I was happy to see her growth throughout the story though. Seeing her accept her passion and love for art was definitely my favorite part of the book. I think I’d have liked her more if the book was shorter? I felt as if the story was dragged in a lot of places, so I ended up getting bored.

The book picked up its momentum at the last 70 percent. I couldn’t wait to see how the story would turn out for Scarlett and Devon. Their friendship was really cute, and I loved how their flashback scenes connected with the present time in the story.  It’s rare to see male leads express their emotions so openly in contemporary novels, which is why I loved Devon as a character. The story scored bonus points from me just because of him being the most wonderful person/best friend ever.

There were many important lessons about accepting yourself for who you are, despite your flaws and short-comings in the last few chapters, which I really appreciated.  The supporting cast and their contribution to Scar and Devon’s life was remarkable as well.

If cozy books are your thing, you can try One Week In Springhollow out.
Small town, the big movie star returning to his roots and of course tons of super hero mentions, plenty to love in this Hallmark movie of a novel. I love this small town setting, its is one of my favourite romance tropes and definitely something we need to find comfort in right now. I love the fact that it reminds me of my own home town especially memories of playground and libraries. The trouble with staying in your home town though, you're never pushed to take any risks and your bullies are still there to haunt you.

I loved meeting Scarlett and getting to know her. I also love the fact that she is a main character with an edge. She hates those frilly dresses and is a graphic comic artist-how cool is that. Plus she grew up idolising super heroes with her best pal who just happens to be of the opposite sex. I like when we as readers have to step out of our comfort zones of what a female lead should look like in a romance novel and we get to do it here. I applaud Lucy Knott for taking this chance. I read a lot of YA romance and we have main characters who don't fit into the stereotypes but you don't see it as often as I would like in adult romance and so I really loved Scarlett (and her creator) for that.

The small town themes in this book are super strong. I love that Scarlett and Hope work for the failing town magazine, it all felt very Gilmore Girls to me and I totally pictured this town as a cross between my own home town and Stars Hollow! I also loved the constant references to the peppermint coffee that were around the town. I will admit to going and grabbing an iced peppermint cold brew of my own whilst reading this.

And then we have Devon. He comes back a bit of a hero but is he really that great if she jjust left Scarlett for NYC when they were younger? He's a lovable rogue and I love the idea of him playing the superheros that he and Scar hero worshiped when they were younger. I would definitely stand in line at NYC Comicon to meet him and share a cinnamon pastry with him. If you're looking for a novel with contrasting small town and big city ideas and some lovely sweet romance with home body vibes then this is the one for you.
I am truly sorry for being late with the review on this. I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday after a hectic week. I actually finished reading this today because I was sick. Anyways, One Snowy Week in Springhollow became a fast favorite for me after I dived into the novel. I love Devon and Scarlett's dynamics and their relationship together.

There were so many times that I related a lot to Scarlett's dilemmas in life, and most especially with choosing between her passion and pleasing those around her. It really touched me on a personal level. This was actually my first time reading a book from Lucy Knott and I enjoyed every second of it. It was light and fluffy and definitely fitting for the current season.

I am still trying to gather more thoughts on this book, but its a hands-down 5 star read for me. I will definitely check out more books from this author.

Thank you, NetGalley and Aria & Aries for an e-ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Full book review on this to follow on my blog soon. :)
At the age of sixteen, best friends  Scarlett and Devon are separated. Devon’s parents decide to take him to live in New York and Scarlett is left in Springhollow to navigate the rest of her high school years alone.

Ten years later, and now a big Hollywood Devon returns for Christmas.  Scarlett is still living in Springhollow, hiding her hoes and dreams in the spare room of her home. Can Devon Ge the old Scarlett to make an appearance?

I love Lucy Knott’s books. This was a lovely, sweet holiday read.
A tender story of it’s never to late to make your dreams come true!
The author takes a difficult topic and creates characters that embrace changes of from childhood to adulthood. Some people take longer to get over traumas of childhood especially if there were traumatizing incidents.
Scarlett had quite a few issues and the author does a superb job in keeping the readers wanting to turn the pages to find out what was going to happen next.
Devon  her childhood friend comes back to his hometown because he wanted to insure that Scarlett was happy, but was he really there for that?

This is part romance and part a healing story. There are parts a little slow, but the overall book is worth the read.

I received an advanced copy from NetGalley and these are my willingly given thoughts and opinions.
This was ok read for me. not really the best read, because I just couldn't connect with characters. Just ok book. 2.5 stars for me.
One Snowy Week In Springhollow by Lucy Knott. Out 5 November 2020
A story about estranged best friends, relationships, bullying, comic books, superheroes, and a Christmas romance with a difference.
Devon, a successful film star returns after ten years to his home town of Springhollow. Scarlett (Scar) his childhood best friend was left behind when his family suddenly moved to New York.
When Devon returns, Scar is still upset and blames all that has happened to her to the fact that he left, but since his return, she feels different around him, she can't quite put her finger on it.
I struggled with this story; I did, however, endeavour to finish it.  I found the characters irritating and childish. I am afraid this book was just not to my liking.
I want to thank NetGalley, Aria & Aries and author Lucy Knott for a pre-publication copy to review.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun and creative piece of holiday fiction! Scarlett and Devon are entirely unique characters, in the best way. They are both fully developed, and I didn't feel like I had "met" them before at all. This story had meat to it- it isn't just an A, B, C plot. (While I enjoyed the flashbacks, I thought that they could have been cut down a little, as it felt like we spent a lot of time in the past for extra exposition that wasn't always needed.) If you want your holiday fiction to carry you through a week or two, One Snowy Week in Springhollow is perfect for you!
When two best friends are torn apart at the age of 16 Scarlett is crushed and cuts off all contact. When her ex-best friend Devon comes back to town ten years later Scarlett has a hard time not blaming him for everything that went wrong after he left. Reuniting though has brought back new feelings and they both grapple with figuring it out.

This book was super cute and quaint. It definitely has a good holiday feel in a small town vibe, that got me in the mood for snow and holiday food. I liked how Scarlet grew and confronted her bully. There was lots of throwbacks to their youth which I liked and help explain a lot of the current plot. There were lots of references to comics and comic book movies and stars so you might need to brush up on your nerd knowledge.

Overall I'd give this a 3.5-4. It was super cute and I rooted for the main characters, but it wasnt something that made me need to know what was going to happen.
Scarlett and Devon spent most of their childhood as super heroes, along with the broken bones and trouble that went with this.
Then Devon moved to New York and life was never the same for Scarlett again.
She gave up on super heroes and when she  finished school (where she was bullied) she worked with her friend as a PA in magazine publishing.
Ten years later and Devon is a real American super hero and he comes back to the village. But Scarlett blames him for the road her life has taken.
Can Christmas work its magic for them and bring them together again and change Scarletts life?