Cover Image: The Betrayal

The Betrayal

Wow, what a surprise, Birthday email with video of hubby and another woman....suddenly your life is crashing down around you and the police think you killed your husband's other woman.. I was gripped from the first chapter and although I did figure out who the murderer was it did not take away from my enjoyment of this book.
An enjoyable read that kept you guessing however I did feel in parts that the storyline was a little rushed. It seemed that clues seem to be solved very quickly which ruined it a bit for me.
Loved this read! Couldn't put it down and decided to read it all in one sitting, definatly did not disapoint! Thankyou author!
A big southern thank you to #NetGalley, #HQStories, and author #TerryLynnThomas for the ARC of #TheBetrayal.

First, let me tell you how much I enjoyed this book.  It gripped me and twisted my insides and gave me a full range of emotions for everyone in the book.  The characters were brought to life so vividly it was like watching a movie.  I also love a good, strong female lead, which this book has in spades.

Olivia is an attorney who helps mentally and physically battered spouses get a divorce.  Seeing cracks in her daughter, Denny's marriage she never thinks to look at her own.

Before long a girl who worked for Olivia's husband, Richard, is found murdered.  What no one realizes right away is that this has tons of similarities to a cold case from several years ago.

When Olivia finds out, oh and wait till you see how she finds out, Richard has been having an affair things go down hill.  QUICK!

With her family fractured and a son-in-law, who is trying to poison her daughter's mind against her, Olivia has to find a way out of this mess on her own.

Olivia is the woman. I want to be when I grow up

As always the opinions above are mine and no one else's.  This really was a GREAT book.  You can pick up a copy wherever you like to shop on 1/7/21.
Richard and Olivia Sinclair live a beautiful life together. Both are well off attorneys in their own practice and have a loving home, or so we thought. Olivia starts her day by checking her work email to find a video sent to her anonymously of Richard and his mistress. Soon after seeing the video, Olivia is arrested for the mistress’ murder. Clearly, being the wife is motive enough. With a police search of the house, even more evidence is found. Has Richard been cheating on her as well as set her up for murder? Olivia, normally a divorce attorney, has to help her attorney solve the murder to prove her innocence. Did Olivia really kill the mistress?

This book has so many twists and turns around every corner. I loved reading it. I kept trying to prove Olivia’s innocence with every turn of the page! I will definitely read more books by Terry Lynn Thomas.
My Review of The Betrayal by Terry Lynn Thomas; published by HQ Digital

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Betrayal by Terry Lynn Thomas proved to be the suspenseful psychological thriller I had been anticipating. Terry wrote a mystery/thriller that was engaging right to the end. Finally, we have an older protagonist, Olivia, whom amidst extreme turmoil, holds her own. She’s quite the inspirational character! Thank goodness for the good men in this story as both Richard and David are narcissistic #%+^’s, (pardon the language). Terry did a great job portraying their sociopathic tendencies throughout the story. I have no doubt we haven’t heard the last of them! The Betrayal by Terry Lynn Thomas is a quick read I highly recommend.

Terry Lynn Thomas
#harpercollinspublishers
This is the type of book which grabs reader's attention from the very early chapter. I was hooked on the book from chapter 2 and was unable to put the book down... I have read my fair share of thrillers but this will be on my recommended list for long.

This is the story of Olivia Sinclair a family lawyer who at her 62nd birthday found out that her husband is not what she think of him.
How did she manage to accept the failure of her marriage and got blamed for a murder of a young girl she did not even know.
The writing was fast paced and gripping . Story was running smoothly and I wanted to know what will happen next.
The book thoroughly explains the legal and police work for  a beginner.
I really love reading the book and will be looking forward for more work by author

#netgalley #terrylynnthomas #hqpublications
I really enjoyed this book and found the sub plots worked and all tied up at the end.

My only criticism was with the marketing it contains spoilers.

This is my first book by this author but won't be the last

HQ know their market and always deliver

I was given an advance copy by netgalley and the publisher but the review is entirely my own
Twists and turns all throughout this book will keep you turning the pages. I will be rereading and recommending to all book readers.
Thank you to both #Netgalley and HQ Digital for providing me with an advance copy of Terry Lynn Thomas’s latest thriller, The Betrayal, in exchange for an honest review.

#TheBetrayal is a thoroughly entertaining crime thriller that is perfect for a rainy afternoon or a breezy beach read. It is fast-paced and certainly a book that readers will not want to put down. I read it in several hours and aside from the ending—which albeit, felt contrived—it had a great build up.

Overall, 4 stars for entertainment value until the climax that reduces it to a 3/3.5-star rating. Again, the conclusion needs some work. Otherwise, if you need something quick or a book to escape with, this is a solid read.
This is a new author to me. I was definitely not disappointed! I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole book. What a great read! I look forward to reading more of her books.
A really quick and lighthearted read.

Olive, a lawyer about to go on a retirement, gets an email with a very disturbing video - her husband cheating with a very young woman. Now, a bit naive, Olive thought she had a very strong marriage, and never suspected her husband was a long time cheat. When the woman in the video ends up dead, and the evidence against Olive piling up, she starts to rethink her whole life and starts investigating her husband with a help of a grieving private investigator.

The characters in this story were all very nice, and sweet. Except of course for the killer, Olive's cheating husband Richard, and the evil son in law. There's naivety to Olive that was endearing, especially since she worked as a divorce lawyer all her life and missed all the signs about her husband.

The story flowed pretty well. Though who the killer was became apparent very soon. The ending was a bit rushed for my liking, and wrapped up way too neatly. I do like that Olive in the end found her new self without her husband controlling her.

{Thank you to Suzy Approved book tours and Harper Collins publisher for my review copy, All thoughts are my own}
62 year old divorce attorney, Olivia Sinclair, thought her life was perfect. She was a divorce attorney happily married on the brink of retirement.  This all changed when she opened an email of her husband and a young girl filmed during sex. The sender was anonymous, she soon discovers her husband was a serial philanderer and the young girl was his secretary.

The secretary was found dead and all evidence points to Olivia being the jealous wife and killing her husbands mistress.

She is remanded on house arrest and now has to figure out who the real killer is and why to get herself free, even if that means her husband might be the guilty one.

This was a quick and easy read and had a twist I didn’t expect and relished it.  If you enjoyed ‘The Perfect Marriage’, you will love this book as well!
The Betrayal was a binge read I finished in one sitting! It was fast paced with unpredictable twists. I really enjoyed Olivia even though at first I didn’t think I’d relate to her because she’s older but I definitely appreciated her character and her wisdom, she kept it together and held her own. I loved the court room/ police procedural aspect of this book too. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a binge worthy thriller!

Thanks to SuzyApprovedBookTours and NetGalley for my advanced ebook copy.
I was provided ARC by Netgalley an publisher in exchange for the honest feedback.

It was fast read for me. It is a murder mystery where lawyer Olivia Sinclair receives a video of  her husband having an affair.  Her husband mistress is murderer and Olivia is the suspect. In addition , Olivia suspects her daughter's husband is having an affair which she is not able to prove due to which Olivia has a very delicate relationship with her daughter .

The book is fast paced and characters are etched out well. I was able to figure out  who the murderer was after first few chapters so that was a spoiler for me.
This isn’t my usual type of book, but I really enjoyed it. It’s not what I would call a particularly deep or meaningful book but it’s very enjoyable. I didn’t realise but this  is the first book in what is to be the author Terry Lynn Thomas's new series.
Olivia is a great character, sharp, independent and tough - I will definitely be reading her next adventure. The plot was fast paced and interesting though not particularly original.
There are plenty of twists and turns but the ending was somewhat predictable however I didn’t mind too much as the characterisation was brilliant.
This was such a great book. The characters were believable, as was the plot. Definitely recommend this book!

Attorney Olivia Sinclair is shocked when she receives an anonymous video showing her husband Richard sleeping with someone else. After years of handling other people’s divorces, she thought she could recognise a marriage in trouble.

She angrily throws Richard out of the home they share. But days later she’s arrested—for the murder of his mistress.

Olivia knows she’s innocent but, with all the evidence pointing at her and an obvious motive, she must find the real killer to clear her name.

She may be used to dealing with messy divorces, but this one will be her most difficult case yet. Olivia’s husband has already betrayed her—but would he set her up for murder?
From my blog: Always With a Book

This is the first book in Terry Lynn Thomas's new series and it was good. It's also the first book I've every read by her and I will definitely be checking out what else she has written.

This book is a fast-paced, gripping psychological thriller. There are plenty of twists and turns and I loved that it kept me on my toes throughout. This one really takes off running and never really lets up. I loved how even though Olivia is in a race to prove her innocence, she never loses her cool. She is insistent on being part of the team working to figure out just what is going on and I loved how she worked together with her lawyer and the PI.

I also loved that Olivia is a more mature protagonist - she's on the brink of retirement. There aren't too many books with female protagonists who are of such an age and I really appreciated this. And I think this really shows true in her character when she is able to come at her predicament in a more logical approach rather than an emotional one.

This book is filled with so many suspects and while I had my suspicions about who the guilty party was, this in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the book as I had no idea of the why. And I needed to know not only that but also how it all plays out.

This was such an enjoyable, entertaining, quick read and I am definitely curious to see where this series goes from here.
Loved this one! So easy to read and lots of twists and turns along the way. Definitely a quick read and one I recommend.
Olivia is looking forward to starting her retirement and is caught in a whirlwind of emotion after she receives a video of her husband with a much younger woman. When this women ends up murdered, Olivia is the prime suspect due to emails sent in her name and a purchase with her credit card for the vacation spot the body was found in. Working in the law business, she has powerful friends to help her make her case and one investigator comes out of his own retirement with curiosity to how this case is tied to another from years ago that remains unsolved. Was the husband responsible? The law partner? Was this Olivia? This story will keep you guessing and connecting the dots.

I did enjoy this read, but I had a hard time relating to the characters. I was so angry with the mother / daughter relationship throughout the book, I couldn’t imagine having that poor of a relationship. Also, left wondering about the brewing love interest at the end, wish there would have been some closure there.