Cover Image: False Hope

False Hope

Sorry this book wasn't for me, I couldn't get into the story line and am sorry to say I didn't finish this book as it just didn't hold my attention and became boring.

Thank you to Netgalley and Amazon Publishing for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
The beginning of the book is very good, so I trusted it would be really interesting. But trust can bring a lot of false hope...

First of all, what is the theme of the book? It seems that difficult family relationships. How often it turns out that we know very little about our sister or mother? I think very often. They seem more like strangers. Relative strangers. So, up to this moment, it was fine. The main character is Grace. Years ago she promised her dying sister, Hope, that she would look after her little boy. Now, the biological father of the boy has turned up on Grace’s operating table, and with him the nightmares of the past returned. Based on what her sister told her, Grace believed that she had done the right thing to keep that promise. But now she is not so sure anymore. So she starts to investigate to find the truth in too many lies.

The author unnecessarily decided to touch on more than one issue. Also, she presents the stories of Hope, her mother and partner, his mother and his half-brother from one point of view only - the main character, the narrator of the novel. As a result, the pages of the book are filled with conjecturing, which would be more appropriate for some investigating detective. In my opinion, the book is simply "over-salted". Too many complex human problems make the story unreliable. All characters had fallen on extremely hard times that it gets comical, not scary or sad. The only thing missing is... well, there's probably nothing missing. We have deadly disease and severe illness, sexual abuse, lies, betrayal, evil, jealousy, cold mothers and their indifference to the harm of their children, unresolved regrets, murder, and a drug problem. And it's all told by one person. Something didn't work out here.

So two stars only, mainly for a good idea for a novel.
This book started well but then I lost interest and didn't finish it. Sorry but this one isn't for me. Thank you netgalley and publisher tor allowing me to read this book.
I thought that this story was too unbelievable in places and that I didn’t like any of the characters enough to care what was happening. Sorry.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy.
Thanks to netgalley and publishers for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

There are lots of tightly woven back stories within this book and I like that, we start with Grace who is a surgeon, she's married with a son she shares with her husband, Matt. She also cares for her nephew, Dillon, who was her late sister's son with an ex partner, who were introduced to when Grace is called out in the middle of the night to a patient who requires amputation after a serious accident.

The novel weaves in and out of secrets between Dillon`s dad, Aidan and his horrible mother, as another contender, Graces mother has dementia, the author does a good job of adding this into the story which is very sensitively told. Though the book is interesting, I wasn't gripped by the book or the characters.
I did not finish this book. I read about halfway through it and had not been drawn in enough to finish. It was interesting-ish but seemed to really drag.
Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this.  Good characters and nicely flowing story line.  It was not as gripping as I expected but it was a nice read.
I’ve really been in to “domestic thrillers” and False Hope is one of the best I’ve read in a while! I love the twists & turns and the way the author kept me entertained the entire time I was reading. What makes False Hope so memorable is the ending that I didn’t see coming.
A thriller with lots of twists and turns. The story gets off to an intriguing start straight from the start. It was a little far fetched in places but the suspense was good.
This is the first book i read provided by NetGalley and i could not be more satisfied with it. I want to thank NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK for a digital advance copy of this title in exchange for my honest review
This story evolves around motherhood, work and personal relationships, as well as the importance of family and "never-to-break" promises. It slowly develops itself, providing us with background information and dark secrets this family posseses.
I loved the way the author wrote and how effectively used italics to emphatize words, in their right time and context. I found this reading very centered and mature, as in the topics that are treated in it. How far can a mother's love go to protect their child and how complicated things can get in order to guarantee that. The actions someone can take to prove a point and to have revenge for something a 'stranger" did.
With a perfect vocabulary, precise location description and an incredible form of expressing the characters feelings (i want to highlight this last statement because with this kind of book that makes a very big difference in the way you can percive things), i found this thriller glued to my hand, not being able to stop reading it
A book with so many twists and turns, you really never see it coming. A real unique read that you won’t but down!
Thank you Netgalley for providing me an eArc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fast paced read which is exaclty what I was looking for and what I craved to read as this how I enjoy reading books of this genre anyway.

We follow an orthopaedic surgeon who, late one night, is called to operate someone involved in a road traffic accident who is under the influence of the bad combination of alcohol and drugs. The surgeon, Grace, quickly realises that the man involved is the father of her Sister's little boy whose sister has died and Grace is now raising the child.

The book contains a lot of twists and turns that keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way till the end. One can say it is an unputdownable book!

Great and entertaining read! It delivers!
I just finished this book. It took me 2 days to read it because I couldn't put it down.  I so enjoyed it. I didn't even realize initially that it was a thriller since there's a lot of background given on the main character,  Grace. I have not previously read anything by Lynne Lee, but I really liked her writing style. There was a lot of twists in this book that were unexpected.
Grace is a surgeon , who has recently moved to be closer to her mother who is suffering from Dementia. She is married to Matt and they have a biological son, Daniel and also care for their nephew, Dillon, since Grace's sister Hope died  from a brain tumour..

When Grace is called out in the middle of the night, the patient;s arm is beyond repair and requires amputation. However, she soon realises the patient is Hope's partner and Dillon's dad- Aidan Kennedy.

There are several threads carefully woven throughout the novel.- secrets about Aidan and his mother, Norma are gradually revealed as the story progresses.

I enjoyed this read and felt it was carefully plotted and well written. However, I wanted it to be more gripping and would have liked a bit more of a climax at the end. That said, I would recommend this read and will look out for more books by the author.

Thanks to netgalley for the ARC.
I thought this was an interesting premise and I enjoyed the first half of the book. It was full of twists and turns but some of them felt a little unbelievable.

There was a good level of suspense throughout which keeps you reading and wanting to find out what happens.

Thanks to NetGalley and Amazon for an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Grace a surgeon and her husband Matt, adopt her sister Hope's young son, Dillon when she tragically dies. Along with their son Daniel, the four of them are a happy family living a good life. Until the night Grace is called to surgery. A man has been seriously injured in a car crash, and Grace must amputate his right arm. He is covered in blood and it isn't until she visits his room that she realizes he is Aiden Kennedy, Dillon's biological father.
Soon Grace is facing a charge of negligence, Dillon's grandmother blames her for all her losses, and she begins to question what her sister told her. Add in the fact that Grace's mother is suffering from dementia, and you have a family under attack from every direction. While Grace struggles to understand the truth, can she keep her family safe?
My first read by Lynne Lee and though I thought it lost a little steam in the middle, it was still a good read.
I'm afraid this wasn't for me. It's an OK read about an orthopaedic surgeon who, late one night, is called to operate on a man involved in a road traffic accident and who has been drinking and taking drugs. Grace (the surgeon) quickly realises that the man involved is the father of her Sister's little boy - her sister having died and Grace is now raising the child.
What follows is the story of how Grace copes with this news and in particular the vicious paternal grandmother as well as her own mother's slide into dementia.
It's a sensitively told and poignant read.
For me a 2* OK.
I'm giving this 2 Stars as i was unable to finish the book.  Unfortunately the pace set was not speedy enough and I felt it dragged on and on. I'm so sorry!
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for letting me read this book early. I really enjoyed this book. Grace in an amazing character. I almost felt every emotion while reading this.
This book started well but then I lost interest and didn't finish it. Sorry but this one isn't for me !