Cover Image: Deadly Cry

Deadly Cry

It's always great to catch up with Kim Stone and Company.  With each book, Kim seems to become more and more mellow, but don't tell her that.  I love the way  Tracy has grown into her own since SILENT SCREAM.  Pen is coming along nicely., I considered a full-fledged team member.  Love Bryant.  He sure knows how to handle Kim. She needs to find a Bryant of her own.
For me, a DI Kim Stone book can never be anything less than a 5 star read. Every book in this series is flawless and brings another layer to this perfectly imperfect detective. Fabulous!
I have read all of Angela Marson’s books to date and loved every single one. I highly recommend reading them in order though to get the maximum enjoyment from them as the the characters and their relationships with each other develop throughout the series.

Deadly cry is #13 in the series and one of the grittiest so far the whole communicating through scratches left on wrists element was very intriguing and the plot was gripping and it kept me hooked as hooked as all of  the previous books in the series and gets another 5 stars from me.

Thank you to NetGalley m, Bookouture and Angela Marsons for the ARC of Deadly Cry my review is honest and unbiased.
Another amazing book in the Kim Stone series. This has grown to be one of my favorite series. The characters have grown so much and the plots just keeps getting better.
WOW! Another 5 star hit from Angela Marsons. The team is all here again as they come together, although somewhat limited than in other books, to solve a crime where mothers are brutally murdered and their children go missing. The killer goes so far to send a letter asking them to stop him. Can they? The ending on this one is a twist that will knock you off your feet.

Thank you to netgalley as well as the author/publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for my honest review.
During a lull between cases DI Kim Stone is tasked to attend meetings to plan the visit of a minor celebrity for a book signing - the type of thing she detests.   While at the initial meeting she is called to the scene of a murder - a young woman’s body has been found near some shops.  The victim’s daughter had been found in a local shop.  The rest of Stone’s team have been working on “shuffle” cases - cases from other stations that haven’t been solved.  Stacey has chosen a rape case - the alleged perpetrator is already in prison for one attack but is believed to have attacked another young woman too.  As further murders occur Kim and her team struggle to find a connection between the victims let alone a clue to who is responsible and Stacey becomes more an more convinced that the man in prison is not responsible for the crimes he was convicted of.  Penn and his brother try and deal with their bereavement.

Another fantastic installment in the DI Kim Stone series by Angela Marsons, never disappointing.

Thanks to Netgalley, Bookouture and Angela Marsons for the ARC of this book in return for an honest review.
I always look forward to a new Kim Stone book by Angela Marsons because her characters are lively, active and unfiltered members of a police department determined to solve some horrendous crimes.  In book #13, DI Kim Stone finds a young mother killed and her small daughter wandering around alone.  The stakes get higher when the next young mom is killed and her young son is missing.  Then Kim gets a letter from the killer begging her to stop him and she calls in profiler Allison to help figure out who the perpetrator is.  Detective Stacey Wood is working her own case this time, trying to solve a cold rape case.  And Penn is dealing with a devastating loss of a family member and a new responsibility of taking care of his younger brother.  So the team is all here but the interaction is not as often as in previous books.  Nevertheless, when the team gets together, they act as perfect foils and a kind of light-hearted release from all of the intense action.  The ending had a twisted surprise that was totally unexpected after following the team through a fast-paced and entertaining police procedural.  Fans of the series and fans of intense, intriguing police mysteries will not want to miss this one.
Disclaimer
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, “Guides Concerning the Use of Testimonials and Endorsements in Advertising.”
There's nothing better than to start the year holding an Angela Marsons book in your hand! Deadly Cry is the latest book in the Kim Stone series which is perhaps my most favorite series of all times. 12 out of 12 times in the past I've felt that each of her books deserves more than 5 stars & yet again for the 13th time I feel the same! Deadly Cry was a compelling story with twists I've come to look forward to & that only Angela among a few can pull off. The theme for this book was very interesting to say the least & also got me Googling about graphology as well! I love that each new book explores a new theme or a setting. I also appreciate the fact that Angela lets us get to know each of Kim's team while keeping the focus on the case at hand. Its great to see the world of Kim Stone at work! The characters were fabulous & the plot riveting. The book ended with a promise of something new for a team member. I can't wait to read the next!

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture & Angela Marsons for an arc!
Deadly Cry, the latest in the Kim Stone books must acknowledge Angela Marson’s has the undisputed Queen of crime. Absolutely superb!

Why have these books not been optioned for TV yet!!
Deadly Cry by Angela Marsons is the 13th book in the DI Kim Stone series and OMG it was a fantastic read. Within this book you get taken back to the very beginning to where it all began.

I can not recommend this book and all of these DI Kim Stones Books within the=is series,

Big Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for ARC.
This book seems to be part of an ongoing series and to fully appreciate the characters and their world I would recommend reading the [revios books first .

DI Ki Stone is a prickly but likeable women - her dog being her best friend .
We start with a little girl losing her mum in a shopping center - a body is soon found ,
 quickly followed by another - is there a link between them ? .
When the killer reaches out to Kim asking her to stop him/her killing anyone else the
team is stretched to breaking point and as time passes links to past killings over many
years emerge .

This is a fast paced Police procedural , with likeable characters and moments of
levity amongst the gloom - it is full of twists and turns with a great ending .
I look forward to reading more by this Author in the future

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
This is the 13th novel in the fabulous D.I. Kim Stone series. If you haven’t yet started the series…. why haven’t you? I read this novel in the week between Christmas and New Year’s.  As the characters seem more and more like family to me by this point, it seemed the perfect time.

Note: When I downloaded this book it had the title “Death Score” – a title which I personally think fits the novel better than its present title.

The series just seems to go from strength to strength. I highly recommend though that this series be read in order to fully realize its brilliance and appreciate the evolving dynamic between the characters.

This time out, the book examines the dynamics of sibling rivalry, and the extreme role it can play in the lives of the people involved. Thankfully, Angela Marsons balances her disturbing subject matter with liberal doses of witty sarcasm which I thoroughly enjoy.

As I devoured this 13th novel in the series, I felt even more invested in the characters than I was with the previous dozen titles. I will certainly recommend the series to all lovers of gritty crime fiction. I have read all thirteen novels in the series, but have not yet read the prequel. I look forward to reading the future installments in this brilliant crime series. Oh, and in case you didn’t already guess… “Deadly Cry” is very highly recommended by me.
Excellent murder mystery, first book by author that I have read but the character wasn't interesting to make me want to read of the series.
Kim Stone is back again in another great book.
While she is at a local shopping centre on another case a young girl is discovered wondering around looking for her mum.
Not long after her mums body is found murdered.
Then another woman is murdered but her child is abducted,
Can they find him before he comes to harm and before another woman is killed.
Great book
Thanks NetGalley
Oh how I have missed Kim Stone and her team! As always another fantastic book in this amazing series! This is the only series with so many books in that I haven't grown bored of and I'm certain I never will, every book is unique and has the ability to make me stop everything I'm doing and read until it's finished, as you can tell I'm a massive fan! Bring on the next one!
What more can I say about this author that I haven’t already in the past 12 reviews I’ve done??!!

This series is by far one of the best police-procedurals I’ve ever read.
The characters only get better with age, and once again I found myself learning so much because of the extensive research Marsons' always puts into her books.
And that ending?! We can’t lose anyone on this team!!!
Until next time....

ARC provided by NetGalley
Oh my goodness where do I begin. Each time I read a book in this series I declare it is the best yet, and this is no exception! Kept me guessing as always, fantastically addictive reading!
This is the 13th Kim Stone novel by Angela Marsons, but it is the first one I have read and I loved it! I really want to go back and read the other 12 books.
It was very well written and kept you hooked throughout the entire book. I was trying to figure out who the killer was and it was very cleverly done!
I liked how the characters had depth to them and they all had their own backgrounds, having had 12 books before this one I guess that has definitely helped develop the characters. It felt a very rounded book and I was very impressed by the authors writing style.
I can't wait to read the previous Kim Stone books. Angela has definitely got a new fan and I hope the others are just as good as this one.
Deadly Cry by Angela Marsons is the 13th DI Kim Stone Crime Thriller.  This is one series that I recommend reading in order.  Each book builds upon the previous one.  We get to see the characters develop over the course of the series.  I thought Deadly Cry (like all the other novels in this series) is well-written with a quick pace and complex characters.  Kim Stone is a woman who lives life on her own terms.  I like her relationship with DS Bryant.  He is the closest thing to a human friend that Kim has (with her dog being her best friend).  Kim Stone is a likeable and relatable woman.  She had a troubled youth which is why Kim is the way she is (prickly, distant).  We get to learn more about Penn and Stacey in this book.  Penn is dealing with the loss of his mother and being responsible for his sixteen-year-old brother, Jasper who has Downes syndrome.  Stacey Wood is getting married and she is eager for her big day to arrive.  She is considerate of Penn and attempts to temper her excitement.  Stacey is a smart, capable woman who has great potential. I like that there is some humor scattered throughout the story.  The group is dealing with some rough cases plus personal issues and they need a little levity now and then. The mysteries were multifaceted with twists and turns that I found exciting.  I thoroughly enjoyed following this mystery and solving it.  It can be solved before the reveal if you pay close attention. There was a good ending that completely wrapped up the cases.  I have a feeling change will be coming to our little group soon, and I cannot wait to see what happens next time.  Deadly Cry is a fast-paced mystery novel that will keep you riveted until the very end.
This is the 13th Kim Stone novel by Angela Marsons and each one is even better than the last. A little girl holding a teddy bear, lost her mum in the shopping centre, only that mum isn’t missing and once again DI Kim Stone and her team are on the hunt for a murderer. In quick succession another body is discovered and the killer reaches out to Kim to ask her to stop them killing anyone else. As usual nothing is quite what it seems and the team are stretched to breaking point with nothing to go on but an emerging tale of killings spanning many months and years.
Whenever I begin a new novel by Angela Marsons I clear my schedule and switch my phone off as I know I will not be able to put the book down. The building tension and rising excitement are palpable as you read this book, I have yet to work out all the nuances and subtleties that are always present in a Kim Stone novel and this lack of predictability is what keeps me hooked.