Cover Image: Two to Tangle

Two to Tangle

Another quarter, another Brayden book. A second installment in the series. We’re back in Whisper Wall where people are interesting and the wine and food are a must-try. Too bad this is just a fictional place. I would have wanted to go there. what I appreciate most about this book was the Madison and Gabriela relationship. Brayden made it realistic for me that although exes can become friends or even best of friends, there’s still a possibility that at some point you experience confusing feelings where the ex was concerned, even if you both have already moved on, and you ask yourself if trying again is a good idea only then to realize that you’re better off as friends.
Gabriela’s character is one that doesn’t allow for bullshit behavior. She’s strong and feisty and knows what she wants. These make her the best match for Ryan.
One thing that I love about Brayden is her ability to write effective conflict. Really makes you feel things. She cuts your heart then patches it up well—slowly but surely.
Now as with all of Brayden’s work, I’m excited for the next one.
I LOVED the first Tangled Valley book so I was a little apprehensive about reading this and whether it would have the same impact. I LOVED it. I liked Gabriella and Ryan and the dynamics of the friends on the background was great.  There was a moment I didn’t love Madison but it all came good in the end.

Secondary characters such as The Biddies are also written well and add something to the book

I LOVED the softball scene towards the end and honestly this book gave me something to dream about. It was a proper romance novel.  Love it and can’t wait for the next installment
The second book in this series so far is definitely my favourite. I didn't feel drawn to the story when reading the blurb but enjoyed the first book and love Brayden so I went with it. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this read much more than the first book. I loved Ryan's vulnerability, my heart went out to her as she tried to navigate this new journey she was on. Gabriella's spunk and likeability was endearing. The direction the book took on some occasions surprised me, keeping me on my toes and sitting up way too late because I couldn't put the book down.

I loved the softball game at the end and how that was done which was a creative and fun way to play out that scene.

Another great book by Brayden and am now looking forward to the third book even more now!
This is the second book in Ms. Brayden’s Tangle Valley romance series.  In Two To Tangle, she continues with the characters from the first book Entangled.  Gabriella Russo is the renowned chef who is working at the vineyard and designing a new restaurant there.  Ryan Jacks is the contractor who has won the bid to build the restaurant.  There is positive chemistry between the two ladies and the romantic waltz begins quickly.  Unfortunately, Ryan’s one-night-stand reputation causes doubt in the mind of Gabriella.  Gabriella does not want to be in a relationship at this time, but if she did, it would be a “forever” relationship.

As with the first book, Ms. Brayden has made characters quite interesting and ones with whom you want to continue your reading relationship.  I love the banter that takes place between Gabriella and Ryan.  From the first book, we will also find exciting secondary characters.  Although I hate gossiping, the “biddies” add a bit of spice to this story.

Readers do not have to read the first book in this series in order to enjoy this romance.  However, I suggest that one does because you will be able to thoroughly understand the dynamics of the relationships of all the women who work at the vineyard.  Ms. Brayden has spun a wonderful romance which will entertain readers.

I highly recommend Two To Tangle and rate it with 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Oh, this book!!! It was amazing. When you want your heart sing, this is the book to read. Not only do you get full on food and wine, but the love will make it worth it.
I absolutely loved everything about this one. Especially the insecurity, drama, but mostly the chemistry.
So awesome.
I'm a die hard Brayden-fan, so her books always have high expectations from me. This book met them all!

The food, the wine, the characters, the setting. I always say that reading a Brayden-book is like snuggling under a warm blanket in front of the fireplace - nothing short of cozy and heart warming.

To be recommended!
This is an entertaining read with much self-reflection. As stated by the author, during this time of challenges and uncertainty, it is difficult not to have these issues on your mind as you write. To think about what is important to you. To think about how to make a difference. To think about staying safe. To think about the political unrest. To think about love ones. Chef, Gabriella not really looking for love. She is most concerned about opening her new Italian restaurant. But she is also thinking about relationships and whether or not she wants a long-term one. Contractor, Ryan Jacks not looking for a relationship. But she is mauling over what is important in her life and how she uses her time. There is also a third person that is also trying to figure out relationships.

There are various opinions about the Biddies and their contribution to the read. Whether they add or subtract from the story I believe Biddy input is a personal opinion. In my opinion, they add to the story because the main characters hear and process what they say sometimes taking it in and sometimes dismissing what they say. More information for self-reflection in my opinion is a good thing. Wonderful love story with a little bit of spice.
I absolutely loved book 1 Entangled where we met Joey, Becca, Madison and Gabriella. But I always have a favorite and it is Gabriella whose love story is Two to Tangle. Gabriella is a pistol. Beautiful, talented, sassy and she plays softball. Be still my heart.  Gabriella meets Ryan who is building her dream restaurant and there are sparks right away. Melissa Brayden writes the best fun, sexy banter.
Ryan is a player and though Gabriella likes to flirt with her, she thought it could be no more than that. Getting to know Ryan she found there is so much more to Ryan than her good looks and sexy smile. They both had trouble communicating because instead of telling each other their feelings they just kept quiet. There was more angst in this book than I really care for, but I couldn't stop turning the pages. With the help and determent of Joey, Becca, Madison and The Biddies they may find their way.
 The setting in the vineyards was beautiful, food was amazing, softball games fun and this book was a joy to read.
Gabriella has been working out of a charming food truck at Tangle Valley Vineyard, but her friend and boss Joey has promised her a restaurant. Ryan and her construction company has been hired to create the restaurant of her dreams. The two women clash over the finer details of the build, but outside of work they find themselves drawn to one another and leaves Ryan questioning her usual no-strings relationships.

This is the second book in the Table Valley series, this time following Ryan and Gabriella’s story. If you haven’t read the first book you should have no trouble reading this one since it follows a different couple, but if you have read the other book you’ll be happy to catch up with Joey and Becca.

In these tense times its so wonderful to get lost in such a picturesque world, with amazing friends, and a super sweet and sexy romance. The chemistry between Ryan and Gabriella was exactly what I’ve been hoping for since getting my first glimpse of it in the first book. However, I found Gabriella’s sudden stubbornness/anger didn’t fit organically with her character but more like a trait Brayden really wanted her to have but didn’t seem to fit. It took me out of the story a bit but I still thoroughly enjoyed the book as always. Melissa Brayden really does well creating a world full of interesting characters and I love that the background characters are not static which really makes the world comes to life and evolves through a series of books. Looking forward to the next book!

I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I was really looking forward to Gabriella's story, I just really liked her character in Entangled. I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed at the end of that when when Ryan comes into the picture because I was truly hoping Gabriella and Madison would get back together.

Soooo... I like everything about the way Melissa Brayden writes romances. Creative characters, a great mix of humor and hurt/comfort, sweet romantic scenes, and interesting supporting characters, but I didn't love Gabby and Ryan together.

Entangled was so good and maybe I had my sights set too high? The townsfolk are still good here, Biddies and their nosey shenanigans not withstanding, and I did miss the gay ranchers, but it's still a place I'd love to visit. And I'm enjoying watching the Tangled Vineyard estate continue to grow, so that's great. I think I just really didn't love Ryan or buy a long term relationship between her and Gabriella.

Well, nothing is going to stop me from reading Madison's story and I'm anxiously awaiting its release.
4 stars. Unfortunately, this didn't live up to my extremely high expectations set from Entangled, but it was a good read nonetheless, if only because Melissa Brayden delivered fantastic writing as always.
I... just didn't like Ryan. I don't love player type characters in general, but I forgive them when they reveal their *unexpected depths* and repent their ways. I didn't get the impression that there was much substance to Ryan, which is a huge disappointment to a character-driven reader. I thought that Gabriella deserved better, and that thought only intensified when it came to the relationship angst moment. Neither could I get behind the whole Madison storyline. I'm sure there's bias coming from the fact that we know she gets her own book, but I hated her role here. Entangled made a big deal about how they were one cozy family, and how Gabriella and Madison were obviously better as friends. Suddenly, Madison's all surly and spiteful, and it just doesn't suit her. Then there were the Biddies and Gabriella's sister, who were out of line with their comments when Ryan and Gabriella were clearly trying to make it work. I remember being annoyed with the Biddies in the first book as well, because they could be quite intrusive even if they meant no harm.
I'm eager for the third instalment, even if I wasn't sure what to make of the side of Madison that surfaced here. Clementine seems nice, and I like what I see from the hints of setting up for the next storyline. The best part of a series is familiarity with the characters, just as I loved seeing Joey and Becca again. I'm ready for one last visit with the Tangle Valley family, and hopefully with two protagonists that I can ship together.

Melissa Brayden as once again as given us a fantastic read. She always seems to know what her readers will enjoy and so far as never disappointed me with a good novel.

Two to Tangle is a the second instalment of the 'A Tangle Valley Romance' , the first instalment is called 'Entangled'.

The story  is about a renowned chef named Gabriella Russo, she lives to cook, which leave's her love life non existent, which is how she prefers it.  Gabriella move's to Oregon to open Tangle, a restaurant on the grounds of Tangle Valley Vineyard.
Ryan Jacks is a skilled carpenter, who's been told more then once she's good with her hands. Ryan takes a job building a new restaurant, her world suddenly stops when she meets Gabriella Russo for the first time.

The romance between the pair is slow, the characters 'click' together in all the important places, the story' as angst and at points i found myself getting irritated with the pair.  Two to Tangle is a wonderful romance,  warm, funny and you have the occasional banter between the characters. I'm looking forward to the 3rd instalment.

I was given a ARC copy for a honest review.
Gabrielle Russo is a feisty chef running a successful food truck in the interim while her restaurant at the Tangle Valley Vineyard is being built. Ryan Jacks is not interested in long term relationships and has a reputation as a player around town. Ryan has been contracted to build the restaurant at Tangle Valley Vineyard. As Gabrielle and Ryan work together in the planning of the restaurant, their attraction is immediate. However they need to overcome their own fears if their relationship is to work.
Melissa Brayden has written another winner with Two to Tangle. This is the second book in the Tangle Valley series but this book can easily be read as a stand alone. Gabrielle and Ryan have great chemistry which Brayden does so well. The dialogue is clever and witty and the sub characters play a big part but don't over intrude on the main characters.  This was such an enjoyable read I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Two to Tangle starts off in typical Brayden trilogy style with friendly banter and light humour as good friends Joey, Gabriella and Madison get together for movie night and a chance to discuss Joey’s happy life with Becca. Good food, good wine and good friends continue to be a winning combination but what impressed me the most in this story were the hurdles the leading ladies have to overcome to reach their HEA.

Gabriella Russo creates mouth watering dishes out of her food truck, Jolene and loves working and living on the Tangle Valley Winery estate. She has started a culinary apprenticeship program with the local Whisper Wall highschool and even joins the local softball league hoping to meet new people. She is excited Joey has left her in charge of the renovations and design for the building destined to become the restaurant Tangled since it will be her space to work in and manage.

Ryan Jacks is her contractor. Dark hair, deep blue eyes, muscles in all the right places, attractive as hell. Also a player. Meeting the fiery, confident Gabriella puts Ryan back on her heels and has her reevaluating her (lack of) love life. The sparks are flying from the moment these two meet. I loved their scenes together facing off on opposing softball teams. We’ve come to expect terrific dialogue from this author but she outdid herself with the trash talking fun on the field and the heartfelt moments on and off the field.

As much as I was drawn to Gabriella in Entangled and the opening scenes in this book, I found myself rooting for Ryan when it seemed like Gabs was throwing out all kinds of mixed signals. I was impressed with how annoyed I became when both women listened to the little voices in their heads saying they couldn’t make a go of a lasting relationship. The old biddies who added comic relief in the first book in this series were full on meddlesome making a big impact and not in a good way on Ryan and Gabriella’s confidence and trust issues. The angst levels grew as their relationship faltered. The rock bottom hits yet Brayden pulls out all stops to make the last twenty percent of the book upbeat, funny and entertaining. I almost forgive her for Ryan's treatment at the hands of Gabriella. Almost.

You know a book is well written when you are begging characters to listen to you and not believe what they are being told. When an author can make a reader experience all the emotions her characters are feeling and not be able to resist making muskrat faces at appropriate moments you’ve done your job.

4.5 stars

ARC received with thanks from Bold Strokes Books via NetGalley for review.
wow!!  I say again Wow!! A very good read. I was hooked from the start and wasn't disappointed at all. The dialogue and chemistry between Gabriella and Ryan was superb. It made me laugh. I was definitely entertained. I would recommend this book. 4.5 stars.

I received an ARC copy from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest opinion'

Thank You NetGalley, Bold Strokes Books Inc. and Melissa Brayden : Two To Tangle
This is the second offering from Ms Brayden’s series ‘A Tangle Valley Romance’ and it’s every bit as good a read as the first book ‘Entangled’ featuring the romance between Becca and Joey.
    Ryan Jacks has lived in Whisper Wall all her life. An only child who grew up in a house filled with love, even when she told her mom that she was attracted to women. With an abundance of good looks she has never had a problem with the ladies. All she was looking for and everyone she met knew it, was some fun. She never saw herself as the settling down type, that was until she was hired to build the new restaurant for the owner of the Tangle Valley winery.  The owner of the winery, Joey,  thought having a restaurant was just what was needed to complete her business.
    Joey got lucky when her old friend Madison decides to come work for Joey making some great wine. She just happens to have a good friend who was also looking for a change. At one time their relationship was more like GF's but after a while they decided that they made much better being just friends. Everything was working out fine for Joey because Gabriella Russ just happened to be a great chef.
    For now running a food truck was fine but Gabriella was looking forward to the opening of the restaurant featuring not only her dishes but the wine from Tangle Valley Winery. But what she didn’t think about was the very attractive Ryan Jacks. Now when she was checking out the construction going on she found herself checking out Ryan just as much.
    With a few twists and turns Ms Brayden has given us another great read dealing with three friends and their romances. Great, fun dialogue along with some very well developed characters. While focusing on the main characters Ms Brayden also allows us to catch up with the cast from the first book in this series. Something Ms Brayden does very well.
ARC via NetGalley/ Bold Stroke Books
“Keep an open mind, okay?”
Gabriella furrowed her brow. “About the restaurant?”
“Me.”

The second book in the Tangle Valley series, this time around the spotlight is on Gabrielle Russo, the executive chef of the upcoming restaurant, Tangled, in Tangle Valley vineyard.

Gabrielle, basking in her move to the small town after joining her friends Joey and Madison, was anticipating her career take off with the opening of the new restaurant. Structured, deep thinking and focused, Gabrielle did not want or need complications until she worked with Ryan Jacks, the contractor engaged for Tangled who was also a renowned player in Whisper Wall.

Ryan did not have the best reputation in small town Whisper Wall. Sexy with dimples to kill, she was a looker and had dalliances with women until she met Gabrielle. Unlike the reputation that precedes her, she had a deep yearning for validation and love. Battling with the dangers of opening her heart, could she rival the sophisticated, beautiful and assuring ex, Madison?

Those of us who have read the first book would know that Madison and Gabrielle had a past. When old love and new passions collide would Gabrielle embrace the familiarity of a past lover or take the leap with a new lover that scares yet astounds her?

Melissa Brayden is the powerhouse for f/f romance and this is one of the best she has written. She spared no expense into capturing readers again with this emotionally charged romance and the landscape was so beautifully crafted into existence I wish I was there with the lot.

I just reviewed Two to Tangle by Melissa Brayden. #NetGalley
Ryan Jacks is a carpenter/contractor hired to build, Tangled, Gabriella's dream come true, her Italian restaurant on the grounds of Tangle Valley Vineyard.

Gabriella Russo is smitten by Ryan's looks, design ideas and talent. What she doesn't go for is that Ryan constantly plays the field. That's just not Gabriella's style.

This story has its share of drama, but it's not Great America roller coaster drama. It's more like a kiddie park roller coaster drama. There are twists and turns and plenty of misunderstandings, but it's not as if with a little explanation, things couldn't be great between Ryan and Gabriella.

Gabriella has a date certain for the opening of her eatery, and for one reason or another, it begins to look like Tangled might not be ready for the opening. Why is it so hard to be attracted to her contractor and still be concerned about her dream becoming reality.

Neither Gabriella nor Ryan knows much about love except that it never works out for either of them. Who's making the mistakes and why? How can Gabriella trust Ryan and how can Ryan trust herself?

Melissa Brayden is so good at writing stories like this! The dialog is sparked with unique phrases and the characters could be real people.

Oh, and the food sounds delicious! Come for the food, stay for the wine and the wonderful writing.
A vineyard, Italian food, and a lakehouse are definitely a recipe for a good romance. Gabriella, a sassy and passionate chef were building her dream restaurant with the help of Ryan, a gorgeous contractor with a reputation of a player. They were thrown into working together on the construction and softball matches. Together, they were trying to deal with their chemistry and also their insecurities.

I read all books by Melissa Brayden and really enjoyed reading all of them. However compare to her other books, this book fell a bit flat. The formula was quite like the Soho series with all the girl gang and their rituals, but maybe because it was used too often, it doesn’t feel special anymore. I’m actually looking forward to the next book about Madison, the last girl in the group. Nonetheless, as a Brayden's book should be, it was fun, witty, and funny, and enjoyable as a light read for the weekend.
The Tangle Valley girls are back! And in this second series, we follow chef Gabriella and her quest to find "her person".  When Tangle Valley Vineyards decides to open a restaurant (with Gabriella as the head chef), Ryan is hired for the remodel and the sparks between the two of them are immediate.
Gabriella knows what she wants and what she will accept in a relationship. As the relationship between Gabriella and Ryan progresses,  Ryan realizes that she needs a change in how she has dealt with past relationships and is determined to do things differently with Gabriella. Unfortunately for them, things don't go too smoothly. After Ryan makes a mistake (by ignoring Gabriella during an event), Ryan realizes her mistake and is determined to make a change.  But, given Ryan's perceived "irresponsibility", would rekindling a relationship with her ex be a better option for Gabby? And is the universe pushing her in that direction?
I definitely recommend this second offering the tangled series. It was great to see how passionate and opinionated Gabriella is. The punny shop names are also still a hit for me!!