Cover Image: Their Frozen Graves

Their Frozen Graves

Two women found by a lake and they are strikingly similar. They are also very similar to a social activist Katy who lives nearby. When the detectives go to meet the family, they are taken aback because Katy is very much alive.

This is where the actual mystery starts. On top of it all, Detective Mack is facing her own personal demons. Just separated from her husband, she is completely shocked by the re-appearance of her father who was supposed to have died twenty years ago, and whose corpse she and her mother secretly buried.
Mack knows she has to be personal problems aside and deal with the investigation before her because there seems to be so much history behind the two mystery women who were murdered. There are plenty of secrets that have to be uncovered both in the two murders and in Mack's personal life and these are not going to be easy to face.

Told only from Detective Mackenzie's perspective, the other detectives are just on the fringe the story is puzzling, and full of suspense till it all gets sorted out.
Their Frozen Graves by Ruhi Choudhary is the 2nd book in the Detective Mackenzie Price mystery series, and my first book by this author.  Once I started this book I could not stop reading it. It was a quick read that kept me guessing. I look forward to reading the next and first book in the series. I highly  recommend this book for all mystery book lovers, you will not be disappointed.
Their Frozen Graves is the second instalment in the Detective Mackenzie Price series, set in Lakemore, Washington. It begins with the stunning revelation that Mack’s father, Robert, is still alive and kicking, which is more than a shock to her given she thought he died many years earlier and she and her mum had apparently buried him in the woods; this, therefore, begs the question as to whose corpse they buried that day. But now he's back much to her concern. Detectives Price and Nick Blackwood of the Detective Unit at The Investigations Division in Lakemore Police Department are called out on a frigidly cold and snowy day to the scene of crime where two bodies have been discovered in Woodburn Park. The small town had been hit by a three day snowstorm prompting the lakes and rivers to completely freeze over and everything made that little bit harder for everyone. Approaching Westley River, a tributary that runs into Crescent Lake they could see a crack in the thin layer of surface ice. Two understandably spooked fishermen had reported the two female bodies after one was caught in their fishing net and while heading back to shore in their boat they inadvertently hit the other body. The bodies were both seemingly stabbed before being thrown in the water.

It becomes obvious almost immediately that the identity of one of the victims is local social activist Katy Becker and the other woman could be her twin they look so alike. During the autopsy, it's noted that at least one of the women had gone under the knife and had plastic surgery, presumably to look more like the other, but why? They take a trip to deliver the tragic news to Kate’s husband of 4 years, physiotherapist and former Seattleite, Cole, but when they arrive at her home Katy Becker is very much alive and well. Who are the two murdered women and why had they both altered their appearance to look like Kate? This is a riveting, compulsive and thoroughly original thriller with twisty and exciting dual plotlines - both the two murders and Mack’s personal life are surprisingly equally as enthralling. Mack has both daddy and husband issues as her father Robert is back in her life wanting to talk and her unfaithful husband, Sterling, who keeps pestering her for another chance that she is simply not interested in keeps weedling his way into her life. It all makes for an entertaining and captivating read from the get-go and is packed full of action, twists and red herrings galore. I also enjoyed that the story was told solely from Mack’s perspective as it allowed you to become immersed quickly and easily in the whole load of intense drama that's going on. Highly recommended.
Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book via Netgalley and for letting me take part in this tour. I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I was very excited to return to Mack. Even though this is the second book you could read it as a standalone.
This case was very intriguing. Two dead women who look exactly like local activist Katy Becker. The story was action-packed, there were a lot of twists and turns in this case. Mack and the team have a lot of dead ends.
 As well as handling the case Mack is dealing with multiple issues in her personal life. Her marriage is on the rocks and her dad has just shown up after being missing for over 20 years.  Mack’s personal life spins out of control.
Mack is a really good detective. She really wants to find the killer to bring justice to the victims. She is caring and hard working. She never gives up.
Ruhi has a way of drawing you in. I was hooked from the first page until the very last. I can’t wait for the next book!
I loved the first book of this series so I was eagerly waiting to read this one.

It started well enough but I feel the plot lost it's way a little in the middle. It really picked up again though and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

Mack is a fascinating character and we found out more about her past in this book.

Really looking forward to book 3 now.
A grim, gripping and highly entertaining story, a page turner I couldn't put down and inhaled in one aftertnoon.
I loved the first book in this series and found it excellent. This one is better.
There's plenty of character and plot development in this story.
We get to know better the story of Mackenzie and her character arc is very interesting as she faces her past and her present. I found her a great character in the first book but couldn't help thinking that she was prisoner of past and wasn't able to enjoy the present. Her character is changing and I loved how she faces the issues in her life.
The mystery is complex, sometimes disturbing, and it's full of twists and turns. The solution came as a surprise.
I appreciated the empathy of the author toward the victims and how she felt for them.
The story start with a bang and ends with another bang.
I can't wait to read the next instalment as I want to know what will be next.
Even if it's part of a series it can be read as a stand alone.
An excellent book that I strongly recommend.
Many thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
(4.5) Twisted!  Not your standard fair, much more in depth  mystery, intrigue, lots of action, and anguish.  I have not read book 1,  this  can be read as a stand alone, but if your like me you will now look at detectives with questions.  MacKenzie is one intense, confused, dedicated detective.  When her life situation became to much, Nick popped up and brought a little light, a little less stress to my troubled mind.  I mean intense!  I figured some of it out, but then towards the end it was wham, shocker!  Then the absolute ending had me hurt for MacKenzie.  Just a really well done crazy ride.  Thank you Bookoutore and Net Galley for the opportunity to read this arc.  I freely volunteer my thoughts and opinions.
Their Frozen Graves Ruhi Choudhary
This is book two in the Mackensie Price series, and I really enjoyed it. I somehow missed that this was from a series until I was finished reading it, but it reads brilliantly as a standalone,  and has made me want to read book one.
This book kept me guessing right until the end, and I still didn't get it right!!
I love police procedural,  and really liked Mack as a character,  this is a series I will go back to each time a new book is released.
This book starts with two dead bodies,  and both victims look alike, I enjoyed the twists and turns along the way, it seemed each time I thought I knew what was happening,  there was another spanner in the works!
Overall a good and entertaining book, and  a new series for me to enjoy!!
Thank You Netgalley and the Bookouture for the ARC of this book! This review is based on my honest opinion.

This is the second book of the Detective Mackenzie Price series and although I haven't read the first book yet, this book was actually really good. The story starts with Detective Mackenzie Price meeting her father, the man she thought was dead many years ago and buried in the backyard of her childhood house. Then after the corruption faced by the Lakemore PD and trying to move on, two bodies of women were found in an ice park in Lakemore--the women looked identical to each other. and one of these women is identified as Katy, an activist in Lakemore. The second victim, who looked very much like Katy seemed to have undergone plastic surgery to look much like her. Detective Price must solve the cases while solving her personal issues with her father.

The writing was really good and I was hooked into the story!!! It was intriguing, interesting and unputdownable with lot of twists and unexpected turns you would never expect!!! The ending left me breathless that I was a bit shocked and was actually unexpected. Kudos to the author, who did a good job keeping the reader hooked into the story! I really like Ruhi Chaudary's writing--the descriptions of the places made me imagine as a reader that I was with Mackenzie Price and the scientific details of the the plastic surgery was realistic and accurate. I cannot wait to read more from this author.

Overall, I rate this book as five stars!
This is the second in the series with Detective Mad Mack. This is a convoluted mystery where the person whom we think is the victim is not the victim.  In the meantime Mack has reconnected with her father and is estranged  from her husband. So that backstory also continues to build. I suspect I see where it’s going but nice again this book ends with a big event.  Not a fan of that technique. But I still enjoy this character and the series.

I was given a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an unbiased review.
TERRIFIC reading in this police procedural involving the murder of two women look-.a-.likes. Unusual storyline that pulls you in & doesn't let go.  First time reading this author & will definitely backtrack to read #1. Great characters, well written, suspenseful & RECOMMEND highly.  Thanks to NetGalley & Bookouture for this ARC in return for my honest review.
This book started, and finished, with a fast pace. Bodies turning up, all looking similar, an edgy lead character, a complex investigation, quirky residents of Lakemore, clever writing and a fantastic ending! It's a dark and thrilling read. I have no hesitation in recommending this book. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
Loved this authors first book and the second did not disappoint in any way. Would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys this genre
I will definitely be checking out the first book from this series and can't wait for the next one. The main characters are easy to like and I enjoyed reading this! Definitely a twist towards the end I didn't see coming which I think most enjoy in a thriller book! This book leaves you wanting more!

Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture for allowing me to read this.
This was a really good book. I enjoyed the characters especially the main character and the storyline.  It had a good ending.
Their Frozen Graves is the second book in this series featuring Detective Mackenzie Price.  Although I've not read the first book, the book works as a stand alone.
from description:

"When two bodies are found dumped in a vast lake in Lakemore, Washington, Detective Mackenzie Price is first on the scene. She identifies one of the victims as Katy Becker, a local known for her work helping the community. The other victim looks strikingly similar.

Still grappling with a shocking revelation from her past, Mack is only too happy to throw herself into the case. But when she goes to break the news to Katy’s husband, the investigation takes an unexpected turn: Katy is very much alive, and has never met the women who resemble her so closely."

A twisty plot and an engrossing read.  I liked Mackenzie and may look for the first book.
Netgalley/Bookoutre

Mystery/Police Procedural.  Jan. 7, 2021
This was given to me by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  After reading the first in this series that ended with a jaw dropping cliffhanger, I couldn't wait to read this book.  However, the beginning didn't hold my interest and I felt like this book was taking forever.  That being said, about maybe a 3rd of the way through, I read and read and read.  Although I liked the first book better, this was not a disappointment.   Two women's bodies are found by fishermen during a snow storm.  Mackenzie and the team rush to find the who and why behind their deaths.  And of course, there is a little personal drama mixed in for Mackenzie to figure out.  Oh and then the ending (epilogue) sucks you in and now I can't wait for #3 to come out.  Hats off Ruhi Choudhary!  Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture.  This book is set to release January 7, 2021.
It's been snowing in Lakemore, Washington which doesn't help detectives Mackenzie Price and Nick Blackwood when they are called to a murder scene in Woodburn Park. Of the two women one is easily identifiable, Katy Becker, a local woman who has a popular social media presence, the other is a stranger, but this stranger looks so like her dead companion they could be sisters, except they aren't.

Why would anyone change their appearance so they looked like a social influencer and why were they murdered together in a popular local park? These two questions, although confusing, are only the beginning of a case which will test Mack, Nick, and the beleaguered Lakemore PD to their limits. The brief moments of downtime Mack has is spent trying to dismantle and put back together her childhood memories and the remains of her marriage. Almost everything else will be put on hold while they try to understand what happened and why.

In the second of Ruhi Choudhary's great series both Mack and Nick are engaging, believable protagonists within a very good group who, after the first book, are definitely up against more than just the criminals whose crimes they investigate. Add a new lieutenant to the mix and its satisfaction levels for the reader soar.

Although Mack has a much more complicated back story than Nick, theirs is a partnership whose normality in all scenarios is a welcome relief. The crimes in this book appear confusing, which they are, but their originality means it's hard to put this book down once you start reading. The various threads come together throughout the book in a most satisfying manner and head toward a denouement which provides hope and shock in equal measure.

I was able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers but the opinions expressed are my own. I enjoyed this book immensely and the more I read the better it became. Highly recommended.
A superb follow up of the series with the characters evolving around each other at work. But Mack seems confused in her personal relationship, taking so long to decide. The story and the plot are very good with the twists awesome. A must read, which I would suggest to read in the order though it works well as a stand alone.
First off I want to say huge  thank you to the publisher Bookouture,  the author Ruhi Choudhary , and to NetGalley for inviting me to join the blog tour for this book as well as letting me read and review it. Because as soon as I realized it was book 2 to Our Daughter's Bones
( Detective Mackenzie Price Series ) I had to say yes, because I loved the first one and something was telling me this would be just as good and it was, it was non stop from the very start and just as twist and dark as the first one ,maybe a bit more but that's what I love about this series ,is how the author keeps surprising us with the twist and turns she writes in her series. And how the story is told entirely from Mackenzie’s point of view so that you as the reader can get fully engrossed , as well as see the characters come to life,and how the dark secrets just keep coming so much so that you have no idea who is telling the truth or who can be trusted. All you can do is set back and enjoy the ride to the very end