Cover Image: Circle of Doubt

Circle of Doubt

Wow this is crazy and intense!  Emma and Dele Okoru have a wonderful marriage and a daughter, Isla, who they adopted nine years ago.  But their lives takes a turn when a new family moves into their community, Emma has a feeling that something isn’t right.  She believes Tatjana Belafonte is someone connected to the adoption, could she be Jade Dixon, the birth mom?

Tatjana takes interest in Isla causing Emma a lot of stress and undermining her parental abilities.  Things become very intense, suspenseful and twisty.  Emma has a few secrets that will soon be shared.  Thank you to NetGalley, Amazon Publishing UK, and the author for a gifted copy.  This is my honest review.
This book was free and sent to me as an ARC on NetGalley. However, all opinions are of my own.
I love a good thriller book - this caught my attention straight away. I was fully engrossed and managed to read it in two sittings.
I always love when a book draws you in with the first chapter. Short and snappy. I was so invested in this story line and really wanted to know what was happening. I was completely thrown off course when the actual plot twist happened - I wasn’t expecting it. However, I’m so happy with how the ending turned out and that it ended up being a happy ending.
Wow, what an enjoyable book.  Started very slow then became an express train I did not want to get off..
The ups and downs of adopting a child. The big surprise comes in the middle. I would really recommend this to any body who likes a good mystery. Full of warmth, hate, love.
Thank you NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK for my ARC. Emma has a great life with a loving husband and a beautiful daughter they adopted 11 years ago. When a new family moves into her picturesque village, Emma’s world is turned upside down. Her new neighbor resembles Isla’s birth mother. Does she want her daughter back, or is Emma just being paranoid? This character driven emotional thriller tugged at my heart while also surprising me with unexpected twists. Highly recommend to those who enjoy a compelling story with emotion and suspense. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Circle of Doubt is a psychological thriller with a few twists along the way. It focuses on a couple, Dele and Emma and their adopted daughter Isla.  When a new family move to their village, Emma thinks the mother looks like Isla’s birth mum. Emma’s confidence as a parent is lacking and as different events occur, it is brought further into question.
I found this book quite difficult, I didn’t relate to the characters and found them quite annoying. There are so many books of this genre to choose from, and this one just didn’t hold my attention. I am sure other people would disagree and I can see it appealing to readers who’d like something easy to get through.
Circle of Doubt by Tracy Buchanan has indeed turned out to be one of the best thrillers I have read this year. The story is fast- paced and thrilling. With every page the events take a feisty turn and you cannot put down the book before ending it.

Although the author has missed on describing some situations like how Tatjana resembled Isla. But, apart from all this, I will surely give a thumbs up to the book. And, surely, the climax won't disappoint you.
This one was a very well written and even a bit emotional.  I think it had a good amount of thrills, chills, and twisty turns, but not really any shocks!  It was all written, with amazing character development, which made for a pretty emotional read.  I think that most who are looking for a quick, intriguing read, but not absolutely mind blowing will enjoy this one.  Do highly recommend!
This was the perfect read for a rainy day when you’re stuck inside. I haven’t read any of Tracy Buchanan’s book before I got this free copy from NetGalley and the publisher to read but now I will go out and buy her other books. I really felt like I was living inside of Forest Grove. I was initially thinking this would be like the typical thriller where the baby was stolen or something but it really surprised me how the story unfolded. There were enough twists to keep me engaged. What I loved the most was the Facebook posts etc. So accurate! It made it feel like it could actually be happening and it made reading this book more interesting. I definitely would tell a friend to get this book and the other book in this series even though they could both be standalone books.
This book was certainly an intriguing read from the start.
Emma has always felt as though she doesn't really fit in within her community in Forest Grove, and that feeling is magnified when a new, more glamourous looking family arrive into the neighbourhood, consisting of Tatjana and her family.
Emma's insecurities come bubbling to the surface when she notices a rather strong resemblance between her adopted daughter Isla and Tatjana. Although surely it is nothing, Emma feel's the uncertainty really sets in when Tatjana starts showing a rather fond interest in Isla, and some of the comments she makes towards Emma being an unsuitable parent.
When she speaks to her husband about her concerns, he assures her it is all in her head, but this does little to calm Emma's ever growing doubt.

This was an absolute page turner! The plot takes us through so many twists and turns it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Just when you think you have the conclusion worked out, another twist throws your suspicions out of the water. The way in which the author brings this thrilling story to life is nothing short of wonderful. The characters are detailed and each have their own unique, in depth personalities which adds even more layers to the story.

This is undoubtedly a must read!
As a keen follower of Tracy Buchanan I was really looking forward to reading her latest novel as none of them have ever disappointed me. She is a mistress of emotional reading with a gripping psychological twist. Circle of Doubt is another triumph! Emma and Dele have moved to Forrest Grove, an elite urban village, worlds apart from her previous city dwelling. Emma struggles with friendships and relies on her sister to lead the way. She hits a rocky start when taking her adopted daughter to school when she collides with the very vocal school mums on the playground. She is horrified to realise one of the mums looks like her daughter's biological mum and when she befriends her she has lots of doubts about her identity.  I love how gripping this book is, I struggled to put it down and read it into the early hours. Tracy makes the characters so realistic and it is very easy to empathise. As to be expected there are a lot of twists and turns which I love. Certainly, one to add to the reading list!
This is a good solid suspense novel.   I liked the characters, the story, and the twists.    However, I kept waiting for a "wow" but didn't get it.   If I could go back, would I still read this book?  yes, of course - its a good book.  But will  I be calling up my bestie saying "you have to read this"?    Probably not.

I do want to thank the author, the publisher and #netgalley for the ARC which did not impact my review.
Circle of Doubt by Tracy Buchanan (@tracybuchananauthor) is a gripping novel about two mothers fighting for a child. Emma adopted Isla nine years ago. A new family moves into Emma’s neighborhood and the mother, Tatjana, looks like the birth mother of Isla. What follows next are the motherhood follies of Emma and how Tatjana comes to the rescue of Isla every time. Emma is afraid that she will lose Isla to Tatjana and Tatjana is determined to separate Isla from Emma.

The suspense held well until the end of the book. The author masterfully convinced the readers about the motives of the characters and added unexpected twists. A nice drama novel that makes you feel better about your own life unless there is a mom in your neighborhood who looks like the mom of your adoptive child.

Thank you to @netgalley and @amazonpublishing for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Category: Thriller
Publication Date: Jan 2021
This book should come with a warning: Assume Reading at Your Own Risk! YIKES!!
Imagine being caught in the fake news scandal but this time it's between your own parents -Poor Isla!
What will she become when everyone keeps fighting to maintain control over here? After all, she's only 11 years old with her whole life ahead of her.
Capturing this dangerous slippery slope of doubt, betrayal, lies, and hypocrisy is several masterminds who are skilled craftsmen at gaslighting with manipulation.
Enter Emma and Dele who are simply loving and living life with their beautiful daughter.
That's until Tatjana comes on scene with striking resemblance to Isla their girl.
Now many wonder is she the birth mom? Could she be back to take her daughter away from her loving family?
What part of Jade Dixon needs dissecting is complex and multi-faceted with numerous sideways motions. She's quite the gal with plenty of secrets and more than enough pain to last a lifetime and now she's missing.
What?? What does Jade and Tatjana have in common? Could one of these two be the real mother?
Fake emails, missing letters, rumors galore, with some dead birds in the front of the car's grills have now become common place. Are these gals nuts?! WTH??
Perhaps it's a scare tactic?
As readers are enticed to learn more Tracy Buchanan throws many road blocks and gates that need to be hurdled.
For example there's another reason Emma may not want to pursue too much all at once. That reason wraps around one central individual who is no longer with us and was deeply embedded part of this family unit.
The family seems to be sworn into secrecy on behalf of Emma to keep the trouble -low key!
She could face prison time if the truth becomes exposed or if one of these other two gals finds out and exposes reality.
Lawrence is Tatjana's main squeeze but he's not romantic whatsoever and is quite the opposite-he's abusive. He's been abusing her for some time and everyone including Emma is trying to persuade her to get out and get help.
Will she take the advice and leave him once and for all?
As the truth is exposed the ending of this story picks up steam and goes full throttle.
Drug addiction is awful!
Yet, love is the perfect medicine!
From an addiction to a successful business woman and now married mother. Who knew?!
Good for her and good for them. Justice is on the good side! Let Justice Prevail!
Thank you to Tracy, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.
Another winner by Tracy Buchanan. I am a sucker for any book that takes place in a quaint little town and I now dream of moving to Forest Grove! Suspenseful and fast paced, this book kept me guessing the entire time! A definite must read.
Set in the fictional village of Forest Grove, Circle of Doubt centres on Dele and Emma Okoru, the adoptive parents of ten-year-old Isla. They have a good life... until a new family moves into the area and Emma is convinced that one of the new mothers on the school run is Isla's birth mum. With her suspicions growing, things start to go awry and her parenting abilities are brought into question. As Dele doubts her concerns, a troubled Emma turns to her sister Harriet for support, but things only worsen when secrets from her past emerge.

This book has a very strong start. The story is told in a dual narrative, the first being the unreliable narrator Emma, who is sharing the daily unfolding of events as she struggles to fit in with Forest Grove life and the other mothers. The second narrative is a series of 'letters' to Isla, where someone disparages Isla’s 'pretend' parents. Snippets from Facebook group posts are also interspersed. Tracy Buchanan did a great job with the pacing and Circle of Doubt contains some intriguing elements in the storyline, dealing with emotion, manipulation and malice, but also redemption. This gripping novel is well-written, packed with mystery and contains some excellent character portrayal. A clever, compelling tale I'm immensely pleased to have read.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
This book was phenomenal! I think my thriller-loving heart will keep this one with me for a long time.
I read this in one day, because I just couldn’t put it down. I HAD to know what was going on!
i just lost interest in this book and am prob never gonna read it but it looks rly cute so i hope someone enjoys it i just lost interest in this book and am prob never gonna read it but it looks rly cute so i hope someone enjoys it
I enjoyed Wall of Silence, so I thought I may like this one as well. I thought Circle of Doubt would be more of a thriller, but instead found it to be a petty fiction women's drama book about a bunch of bad gossipy suburban people . It felt like a bunch of other books I've read before and I'm sure I will completely forget what this book was about. I gave it two stars because of the two twists toward the end, which I had already guessed were coming, but it was still made the book more enjoyable.
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Definitely a thriller that kept the suspense through its rapid pacing.  Loved the use of several narrators as well as the inclusion of Facebook conversations between members of the exclusive Mums of Forest Grove.  Emma and her husband Dele adopted a daughter, Isla, when she was two.  They have recently relocated to the picturesque town of Forest Grove.  Emma is experiencing awkwardness trying to fit in with the other mothers.  Interactions between the moms was catty but also seemed very realistic.  A new couple moves in and immediately Emma feels threatened, thinking that Tatjana eerily resembles Isla’s birth mother.  And with that the idyllic life in Forest Grove is turned upside down.  The Mums become involved and everything escalates.  Secrets slowly are brought to light causing more drama.  Kudos to Tracy Buchanan for keeping the tension high and the pacing tight.  I totally enjoyed the suspense.  Many thanks to Tracy Buchanan, Kindle Edition, and NetGalley for affording me the opportunity to read this recently published book.  Looking forward to more from this author.
I loved the cover and wanted to love the book but I didn't. I could not connect to the characters and felt that       I had read this plot before in many different ways.

I would still recommend this to thriller fans.

Thank you to NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK for my ARC.