Cover Image: Three Single Wives

Three Single Wives

Don't you just love a book that has you hooked when you first pick it up  This books was really good, atmospheric and edge of your seat. I really enjoyed reading this book. Fab
Thanks to Netgalley for the chance to read this book.  It wasn't for me unfortunately  The plot didn't grip me & I just wasn't a fan of the characters who seemed fake
Gina LaManna writes an entertaining thriller set in Los Angeles about a trio of women and their friendships. The three ladies, Eliza, Anne and Penny are each facing challenging circumstances. Eliza Tate who works for a publishing company is married to Roman and is a close friend of Anne Wilkes since they met at college. Anne, married to LAPD detective Mark, is a stay-at-home mum with four young children. Actress Penny Sands has just moved to LA from Iowa and is living in a run-down area in an unmaintained flat. She is in Roman's acting class. When Eliza organises an event inviting self-help author and guru Marguerite Hill, to launch her second book, both Penny and Anne are present. With plenty of wine flowing, the conversation turns to philandering husbands and murder.

Gina LaManna's novel contains a stirring mix of tension, mystery and suspense, and this offering, Three Single Wives is a compelling thriller. The narrative is interspersed with details of a court trial through transcripts and the reader learns about the women's close friendship, their respective flaws, and their lewd secrets. I loved spending time with all three main characters, finding out about their lives and challenges. A scandalous, drama-filled delight!

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at my request from Little, Brown Book Group UK/ Sphere via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
This book could be epitomised in one word - cliche. The writing, the characters, the plot, the twist, the dialogue- all completely contrived. Endless detailed descriptions of clothes, interiors, restaurants made it an onerous read. And don’t even get me started on the so called Trial Transcript. I was surprised to learn that the author published more than thirty novels as the writing resonated with that of a beginner from an amateur creative writing class.
Entertaining and fun to read!

Three Single Wives creeps up on you and tangles you into its story, keeping you on the edge of your seat, and waiting with baited breath to see what will happen next.

Can highly recommend this story to anyone!
This was JUICY.

Is book-club boring you to death? Meet Three Single Wives by Gina LaManna. Punchy and unexpected, this will keep your heart pumping as you race to the very end; you'll never say book clubs are boring again.
„Three Single Wives“ is a mystery/thriller introducing us to Eliza, Anne and Penny, friends from a book club, and a murder. During one of their book club meetings, after one or two glasses of wine too many, they discuss ways of a perfect murder – how would they get rid of a cheating husband. Hypotheticaly, of course!
However, next morning, one of the women’s husband is found dead. Oops. What’s more, it turns out that all three of the friends have secrets, they told lies or have a motive to have killed him. It looks like the question is not why was he killed but which one of them did it. Or maybe all of them?

I was immediately drawn into the story. Immediately. The plot was intriguing and the narrative was interspersed with transcripted details of a court trial, and I must admit that those were probably the best bits, showing the real faces of the characters, showing them as they were: strong, not afraid, big – mouthed, clever and sharp, I simply loved their interactions with the lawyers. Also, we learn about their past and their backgrounds, about the way they became close friends and that they are hiding tons of secrets that are really dark and dirty! They were complex and well written and there comes a moment when you start to suspect all of them, not knowing who you can trust.

The characters were very strong personalities with their own distinctives voices, all different from each other.Eliza is the high flyer and the successful one, with great career in publishing and who loves his husband Roman. I think there was so much more to Eliza than she wanted to let us see and that there was a soft side of hers that she tried to keep hidden and this made her such an interesting and deep character. As well as the other ones, to be honest. Anne is Eliza’s best friend, even with those two leading such different lives, Anne staying at home and a mum to four children, her husband an LAPD detective. Penny Sands is the youngest one and comes from Iowa to LA hoping for her own American Dream to come true and risking everything for it to happen. So different, yet the same, and their paths eventually cross. And then boom, and someone is dead – killed.

It was a fast – paced and twisty mystery filled with mind – games and challenges. There is a lot happening in the story – the characters face many challenges, there are difficult circumstances to overcome such as affairs, betrayals, lies and blackmails. And the author really knows how to write such a story, keeping us in dark and suspense and adding many twists and turns on the way and you simply want to keep reading to see what’s going to happen. The writing style is flowing, it’s chatty and engaging and easy to follow yet the plot is really tight and make you all the time guess what has happened and who did it. I actually guessed the „who“ probably at the same moment as the character. So much to my detective skills. They’re non – existent. But also thanks to them, or rather thanks to their absence, I was absolutely taken by surprise and I enjoyed the end – it was unexpected, full of tension and actually very logic.

„Three Single Wives“ is a multi – layered story and Ginna LaManna really knows how to unpeel the layers. At certain points I truly suspected everyone, going back and forth with my suspicions. It was an entertaining, juicy, pacy and humorous mystery that kept me glued to the pages. It will leave you thinking that, yes, somebody was murdered, but no matter how flawed the characters, you will think they should get away with it, really. Thought – provoking and spicy, just what the doctor ordered, I really enjoyed this book. Recommended!
⭐⭐⭐💫
An enjoyable fast read.
When I saw a book club, wine and getting revenge on a man I just had to read it.
Although I enjoyed the read there were a few things that bothered me.
The title for 1. All in all its the story of 4 women and only 2 were married. I think it could have done with more meat as well.
It's a story about women taking charge of their own lives. Each 1 struggling in her way. Did they plot to get rid of 1 of the thorns in their side or was 1 of them pushed too far?
The ending was interesting and I didn't see that coming.

Thank you to Netgalley and Little, Brown bookgroup UK for the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion
Omg… This was so much fun.

Three women (were they friends?), one book club to celebrate the launch of an author’s second book (wasn’t that familiar?), a discussion on how to kill the husband (hehehe 😂), and one dead body, a murder (didn’t I say online launches were much safer?). A court case where the prosecutor wanted to nail the culprit. But who was it?

My second book by author Gina LaManna, I loved the whole format of it. Different POVs where one chapter had the prosecutor asking the questions and the next had the backstory of that woman. I loved going back in time to understand how the story progressed since the past 8 months.

Each woman drew my empathy; I loved the way the author made them gray characters. Shadows played over them when life was tough. I could understand the acts they did to survive. My emotions were evoked.

The story had a gossipy feel to it, which was so needed on a lazy Saturday. In lieu of the television, the book provided me the right amount of entertainment.

A great finale to the read, and I was happy.
I read this book fairly quickly but not really because I was so keen to find out who done it but more I just wanted to get to the end. It wasn’t a bad read but it wasn’t memorable in any way either. The characters weren’t meaty enough and whilst the telling via different viewpoints added something it was a bit disjointed.
Three Single Wives, was a book that really appealed to me as I love psychological thrillers, but I am sad to say that I could not finish this. The premise was promising but I could not connect with it or it’s cast of characters. I did enjoy the style of writing and based on this would read another book from the author. I wish Gina LaManna all the best with it.

As I don't believe in publishing negative reviews, this will not be added to my blog or retail sites..

Thank you to Gina LaManna, Little Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Three Single Wives, which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
I read this ARC for an honest review
All thoughts and opinions are mine

Loved this
A great mystery with a mix of humour

This is the first book I have read of this author but I shall certainly be looking out for more - loved the writing
This was a good gripping book! It was very
Compelling and I couldn’t put it down towards the end. The characters were very relatable and realistic. I will definitely be recommending this to everyone!
Three women – Penny, Anne, and Eliza - are at a book club, discussing how to murder a cheating husband, then one of their husbands turns up dead the following day.  Was the crime committed as a result of their discussion?

There are then flashbacks leading up to the murder.

A great read, with twists and turns, and an unexpected ending. Highly recommended!

Thank you to NetGalley and Little, Brown for an advance reader copy in return for an honest review.
I would rate this book 5⭐️

I really loved this book and how it was wrote I couldn’t even guess who the killer was. I had no idea I kept thinking ok I’ve got my killer, but when I found out who the killer was I was no where near it!

This book is an enjoyable read, and it had a lot going on, and a lot of drama!

The only down fall in this book was it felt like it went on forever!
Three friends – Anne, Eliza and Penny – attend a book club hoping to drink and chat, but a murder plot is definitely not on the cards. But as soon as one attendee brings up the subject of a cheating husband, it’s not long before revenge is spoken about. Less than a day later, someone is dead. Each women is hiding something (more than one thing) and each is willing to lie – and has lied – in order to get their own way. Only one person knows what happened and why but who is it? I love a revenge plot and this one has plenty of twists and turns to keep you entertained and your interest throughout.
I  read Gina La Manna’s last book  Pretty Guilty Woman and to be fair it didn’t blow me away.  Thought I would try again with this book. Oh my god. I loved it. I rattled through the pages so quickly as I wanted to see who had been murdered and who was guilty.
There are three main characters.
Penny Sands. A liar and a kleptomaniac who has been with another woman’s husband.
Ann Wilkes. A mum of four with a history of post natal depression. Married to Mark a cop who she feels is cheating.
Eliza Tate. A workaholic who knows her husband is cheating.
The book swaps between different different points of view of the main characters and court transcripts.

The woman discuss murder at a book club evening. The wine is flowing and tongues loosen.  The topic is how to kill a spouse if they were cheating.  Then one of the husbands turns up dead.  Did their drunken stories led to something more sinister.

I certainly didn’t see that ending coming!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the opportunity to read an ARC.
Gina LaManna is a new author to me, and this was a great introduction to her books and storytelling
You meet the main characters at a book club where talk moves to murder, how you would do it and who you would kill.
We hear about the murder of one of the husbands, then flip back in time to find out what happened
This was a fast paced read, easy to get lost in.
Thanks to NetGalley and Little, Brown Group for the complimentary advance review copy of this book.

Three Single Wives tells the story of a group of women living in Los Angeles, and how their lives, friendships and relationships intersect. It’s a murder mystery - unfortunately I felt it took too long to really get going and didn't find it compelling.
This was a deliciously delightful book containing some very larger than life characters that just managed to stay on the right side of being caricatures of themselves. With a storyline that is both interesting and intriguing, and delivered in a rather novel way, this book grabbed me from the off and held me captive throughout, spitting me out at the end completely satisfied.
We start at a book club where there are three members in attendance along with the author. Talk flows as easily as the wine and husbands are discussed. Philandering is mentioned and there is talk of revenge. We then learn that later that night a body is discovered. We then go back 9 months and follow the events that lead up to that fateful night. Initially ignorant about who is dead we also have court transcripts interspersed throughout the narrative giving more information to complement the secrets and lies that are slowly exposed as the story progresses.
Less is more going into this book. Some of the secrets and lies are so juicy that you really need to discover them as the author intends and at the right time for maximum impact. Suffice to say that each character has their own reasons for their duplicitous behaviour and it's quite a guessing game to try and figure it all out! As well as being larger than life, each character was extremely well crafted and distinct from the others. Two having been friends a while proves the old adage of opposites attracting and the third wheel, a relative newbie, well, she's just a whole load of complex all to herself. Sorry, I'm being oblique but it's for your own good. I flitted between sympathy, empathy and contempt for each of the characters several times throughout the book. Reap what you sow did also spring to mind. But I was having so much fun along the way that I just gave in and went with the flow and had a fabulous time doing so. The journey getting to the reveal was, for me, so much more than the reveal itself although I hasten to add that the conclusion did wholly satisfy.
All in all a cracking read that I thoroughly enjoyed and wholeheartedly recommend. Also, if you haven't already read Pretty Guilty Women, add that to your TBR too. My thanks go to the Publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book.