Cover Image: Pugtato, Let's Be Best Spuddies

Pugtato, Let's Be Best Spuddies

*received for free from netgalley for honest review* I love pugtato and his spuddies, they are too cute! always love reading these lol
I love the Pugtato series and have read several to my students. This one did not disappoint. Many giggles to be had. I can’t wait to buy this book!
Thank you Netgalley and Zonderkidz for access to this arc.

This short book is adorable and has wonderful illustrations. It’s all about Pugtato who “is a friendly spud, who loves to roll and play in mud.” Pugtato has lots of friends who help him do various things and who also love to play. Children will have fun seeing how various (very imaginative) veggies become Pugtato’s best spuddies. And maybe then, if kids are picky eaters, they’ll be interested in trying more green stuff. B
If this isn't the best title I've seen in 2021, I don't know what is!

Sophie Corrigan's adorable book book series has another addition (and man was I excited!). Pugtato is the weirdest yet coolest book I found and I'm digging every second of it.

We're introduced to Pugtato's interesting friends: like Cowbbage (that spelling is so weird, let's be honest) who loves to help him, Tomatoad who is the funkiest little red toad I ever did see, Croccoli who is the most interesting creature I've ever seen, and many more!

The illustrations and the whole concept is wildly amusing and I love. I honestly think this is a great picture book packed with comedy. I adore this series and will continue to support it and giggle and grin along with it. I also love that this book is all about friendship and fun. I highly recommend this book!

Five out of five stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and Zonerkids-Books for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.
Very cute and inventive way to introduce different veggies to children. Illustrations are happy and accessible.
Thank you NetGalley and Zonderkidz for the digital advance reading copy of this book.

This book is hilarious!  I absolutely loved the punny names given to all of the vegetables.  I tried reading this out loud to my husband and could not stop giggling.  I would not recommend this as a bedtime story as it would be hard to fall asleep after that much giggling. :)
Pugtato did it again! So much fun to meet his spuddies in a hilarious mix of animals and vegetables!  Might be just the way to get your kids to try some new veggies! This book is enjoyable and kids will love it!
Cute pictures and rhyming words. I don’t love the pun names for the vegetables aimed at a an age where children are learning the correct names for items.
This is simply one of the most adorable books I have ever read! Pugtato and his spuddies present a wonderful tale of friendship with illustrations that will have you smiling with every turn of the page.
Pugtato, Let's Be Best Spuddies is an adorable sequel by Sophie Corrigan. Due out 30th March 2021 from Zonderkidz, it's 24 pages and will be available in boardbook format.

The text is positive and upbeat, with sweetly silly rhyming text, and adorable illustrations.  The characters are clever vegetable/animal hybrids (Pugtato, Tweetroot, Tomatoad, and others). The story follows Pugtato as he and his friends have fun, make music, and play.

With so many varied characters, the potential for silly read-along voices is stellar. There are lots of small details in the drawings providing lots of potential for hunt-and-find during storytime. It might be important to some readers to know that although Zondervan is a Christian publishing house, there is no overt Christian branding or proselytizing included in this book. The messages are of kindness and compassion, playing nicely with others, and being good to one another.

Four stars

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.
My first graders absolutely loved this! The puns made it very enjoyable and they loved guessing what the characters were based off their names. This is a perfect book for a quick fun read for any time!
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this! I can't stop laughing. This is my second pugtato book and it's just as good if not better. I adore the puns and the drawings are very cute. I think this would be a good way to talk about friendship with kids and just have a good time.
Pugtato, Let's Be Best Spuddies, is the newest book in the Pugtato series by Sophie Corrigan. The author uses silly rhymes and fun artwork to tell the story of Pugtato and his special garden of friends. This book will have your children (and you) laughing on every page, and coming back for more. All three of my children loved reading this book and have already asked if we can buy a copy for our own library.

*I received a complimentary copy of Pugtato, Let's Be Best Spuddies through the publisher and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My positive review is not required.
“Pugtato” is a clever introduction to foods and friendship. I can envision interactive storytelling with children exploring what it means to be a good friend and making connections with healthy and diverse foods that they are sure to enjoy. Simply delightful!
A delightful array of vegetable-animals share and enjoy each other’s company. Might even entice kids into liking vegetables.
 #PugtatoLetsBeBestSpuddies #NetGalley
This was the cutest and sweetest children's book I have read, if I was younger I could see myself asking my parents to read this as a bedtime story over and over again. I will be buying my young cousins this book for them. Think they would love this story, Thank you Netgalley and Zonderkidz-Books plus Zondervan for writing a very cute book.
This book is adorable and a perfect gift for a 2/3 year old, particularly if they're in that irritating stage of rejecting any vegetables you deign to put in front of them.

The illustrations are so sweet and the message is of friendship and kindness. Our favourite character was Croccoli, although the brussels snouts also deserve a special mention!

Thank you to Netgalley and Zonderkidz-Books for the ARC.
This is a short book about a potato pug named Pugtato. We meet all of Pugtato’s best spuddies. There is Collieflower, Croccoli, Purrsnip, Brussels snouts, and others. The author uses wordplay throughout. Kids will better understand the silliness with the illustrations. Not many young children know what parsnips and brussels sprouts are. The illustrations will put it together for them, especially the veggies with which they are familiar, such as Croccoli. There is definitely a bit of silliness to be found.

I personally enjoy it when authors play with words, Parents will enjoy the wordplay as much as their kids. The book doesn’t really have an interesting plot beyond meeting Pugtato and his friends. Language plays the lead role and silly illustrations are the sidekick.

If I you are a word person, this is a book you will love to add to your child’s bookshelf. If not, you may find this silly enough to spring for just for the fun of it.

I received an arc copy from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.
Pugtato is back with all his friends! In this book we get to meet them one on one, interacting with Pugtato. The illustrations are so cute! I think my favorite character, besides Pugtato, is Cowbage. Precious. Kids will love the colorful pictures and fun veggie/animal hybrids. I hope there will be more in the future!

Thank you to Sophie Corrigan, Zonderkidz, and NetGalley for an eARC in exchange for an honest review!
I loved the first book and I love the second one as well!  Pugtato is a dog/potato, and all of his friends are animal/vegetable hybrids as well.  It's a really cute book about friendship and I love the illustrations.  I loved the firt book so much my friend bought me a Pugtato mug!  I cannot wait to add this book to our oicture book collection!