Cover Image: Coming Home to the Four Streets

Coming Home to the Four Streets

I very much enjoyed this book.  It has a good story and excellent main characters.  I would definately recommend this book.
Coming Home to the Four Streets by Nadine Dorries is the fourth installment of the fabulous historical fiction series: Four Streets Series.

I truly love this series set in Liverpool. It is realistic, raw, emotional with its ups and downs-just like life. I found that at moments the content was dark and sad, at other times light, funny, endearing, and hopeful. It is everything that I hoped this most recent addition would add to this genuine series, and am so glad that it was able to do justice to the wonderful cast of characters of Four Streets.

For anyone that loves a wonderful and thoughtful historical fiction, I highly recommend this series.

5/5 stars

Thank you NG and Head of Zeus for this Arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion.

I am submitting my review to NG now, and per publisher request, will post it to my GR, Bookbub, Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication on 3/4/21.
I loved this book and Nadine Dorries writes a lovely saga.

Set in Liverpool Tommy and Maura Doherty have moved back to Ireland hoping to better themselves after coming into money, they are leaving behind all of their good friends, who over the years they have helped on more than one occasion.  They have kept the rent paid on their old house just in case.....

The carnival is fast approaching which is the highlight of the four streets and gives the poor families something to look forward to. With the help of a local boy done good as captain of a ship, the carnival is always a success. As his supplies always carry the necessary goods, plus extra to keep the families in comfort over the cold bitter winter.

Poor Peggy Nolan has 7 sons to support as her idle husband Paddy never works so she has to scrimp and beg from the streets to keep them all alive. She usually relies on Maura to help her out and Tommy to dig her lazy husband out of bed each morning to get to work on the docks. But with them in Ireland, things go from bad to worse.  On top of that, there is now the threat of Frank the skank the nasty local copper, and his awful wife moving in next door and put a blight on the carnival.
Such a wonderful warm book with drama and sadness of the families supporting and struggling on The four streets. Some great warm characters. Really good book.
Thank you, NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this lovely book. xx
Fantastic read. I have been completely unable to put this one down. I cannot wait to read more by this author.
Full review to follow on publication.
Liverpool, Its a hard winter coming and times are hard for Four Streets, i loved this book right through and all the characters, no work for the men means no food to feed the families, but good news lies ahead for them all. Loved it
I was so excited to read this book and hoped it would be a great follow on in the series .... it exceeded my expectations, the return of all the characters and the original storyline followed through so easily from page one,  Could not put it down,  absolutely loved it and didn’t want it to end -  highly recommend - I live in hope of another book being written love this series.
A wonderful addition to the series.I was so happy to visit the characters the setting again.A saga that drew me right back in sorry to see it end.#netgalley #headifzeus
Omg how I have missed tHe Four Streets the lives and loves of the families. Nadine has pulled out all the stops with this follow on absolutely brilliant