Cover Image: THE ICE DAUGHTERS

THE ICE DAUGHTERS

Another brilliant read by D. E White!

A frozen dead man; a missing woman and two chess pieces carved from ice displayed with some scattered ice cubes. What better ingredients do you want!

I found this a fast-paced, quick read that kept me entertained from the 1st page. A very clever story that that takes you back to WW2 and experiments done in the name of science.

Thank you to NetGalley and Joffe Books for the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Another solid instalment in this series, there is a lot of reference to the previous books so maybe best not to read as a standalone.
Dove and the team face a particularly bizarre case with lots of twists and very few leads.
Another cracker of a book.  What happens when you've got a serious case on and flu hits the station - everyone is chasing their tails trying to keep up and find the murderer.  A cold snap not only feeds the backdrop of the story, but also the background to the why of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher I read a free advance review copy of the book.  This review is voluntary, honest and my own opinion
DC Dove Milson has her hands full when she arrives at the scene of a fire. A small fire has been extinguished in an outbuilding on a farm, a man has been found frozen, and the woman who lives there is missing. Have three crimes been committed and if so why? As the body count rises and the temperature continues to plummet, DC Milson and her team have more potential suspects than ice cubes in a freezer.
A very complex mystery that may be tied to something that happened long ago. Besides dealing with the snow and ice, it seems that most of the investigating team are sick with the flu. It makes for an interesting mix of characters alongside DC Dove and I was pretty impressed that none of the investigations was lost as the team changed often. ( As an aside, it made me think of how difficult it must be to be a police officer, detective, or health care worker with Covid-19 running rampant. Nothing to do with the story, but it made me appreciate how hard these jobs must be with coworkers getting sick, and teams changing all the time.)
I especially like books that have a lot of potential suspects, and I kept changing my mind about whodunnit and why. In the end, I got some parts right but was totally wrong about others. DC Milson has a pretty rich backstory, and her relationships with her family and fiancรฉe are also explored. I am looking forward to her next case.
This is the second book in the Detective Dove Milson series, but you would not be lost if you read it as a standalone.
Thank you Netgalley and Joffe Books for the eARC.
Firefighters put out a fire at a barn and find two young girls in the house on their own.  The mother has disappeared and the naked, frozen-solid body of a young man.
DC Dove Milson and her partner DS Steve Parker are stumped, not able to find the mother.  They are horrified as they realize young men, in good shape due to vigorous physical training, seem to be targeted as they find another frozen body.
I enjoyed this book and liked Dove and Steve.  The story is good, if a little far fetched.  I didn't read the first in the series, but felt it was fine as a standalone.
Book Two, D S Dove Milson,
Three little girls went out to play, but only two came home that day...
A naked body is found, frosted with ice crystals, hair spiked white, in the harsh floodlights.
D C Dove Milson and partner D S Steve Parker were on the scene in Eversham, it looks like he has just came out of a freezer, lay at the garden gate beside the barns that were reported on fire by Tessa Jackson who has now gone missing leaving her two daughters home alone after calling her sister Callie Jackson to come a take care of the girls maybe she can shed some light on the identity of the body.
More is about to unfold as you read on. Tessa has fled from Manchester from her ex husband Kevin Hibbs could he be involved she has to be found, pieces now need to be put together.
this book sends lots of shivers down my spine, This is going to be tough case to solve, and I was kept guessing all the way through, Gripping so gripping you wont put it down.
and it will leave you with an ending looking forward to a hell of a party, bring on book three now I love this series, Glass Dolls and The Ice Daughters so whats next?
As is often the way with me,I hadn't realised this was part of a series. Or that I'd read the first book.
Having established that , I have very similar feelings on this book,as I did the first.
An enjoyable page turner.
This one digs  back into the past to help the plot,and that bit really interested me.
Dove is a woman who will risk everything for the truth,and it makes for some nail biting moments.
Enjoyable .

Hoping Quinn gets a bigger role in book 3.
I was given this yesterday as an ARC & as I'd just finished a book got stuck into it straight away, only realising when I logged it on Goodreads that it was the 2nd DC Dove Milson book.

I had mixed feelings about this book, it was (to me) a slow burner, which picked up pace halfway through, then was thrill all the way! The name Dove grated on me after a while, as the only things I know called this are toiletries & birds (sorry ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ)

"A missing woman. A frozen body. Chess pieces made of ice"

Many thanks to Netgalley for my ARC in return for my honest review.

๐—œ ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐—ฎ 4 ๐ŸŒŸ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด.