Cover Image: The Moon Over Kilmore Quay

The Moon Over Kilmore Quay

What a fantastic read . I loved everything about this book from the friendships to the locations and it grips you from the beginning. When sisters Lucy and Maeve leave from Ireland to start a new life in New York leaving behind their friend Michelle and their loved ones everything changes and when over twenty years later  Bea the daughter of one of the sisters decides to find out about her past..The stories marry together perfectly and is beautifully written by this author and their are lots of twists and secrets that come to light .Love all the Irish history in New York and enjoyed reading about all the places I have visited and were bought to life it was magical.. Some great characters who enjoyed love,friendships and family but also some heartache .First bookive read by this author but it won't be the last and I highly recommend it. A 5 🌟.read
This was a great book to read. It was such a lovely love story, set in America and touched on the Irish immigration which was interesting. The author kept you guessing until the end and boom it hits right between the eyes. I loved this one. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
Absolutely loved this book.
If you have a BFF you  will get this book and it will resonate with you for ever.
A beautiful love story on so many different levels.
It will make you laugh and it will make you cry and you won’t forget it.
I found this a bit of a slow burner, I was reading for the sake of it, not seeing what was going to happen with the storyline, I needn't have worried though. When they got to Ireland I was so invested, what an emotional rollercoaster.
I spent the last few chapters sobbing like a baby. It was so terribly unfair to have all that good cut so short.
The writing is poetic and the settings are rich and descriptive.
I loved all the characters, Katrina and Stephanie were the best kind of friends.
I loved the flick back and forward in timelines between Bea in the present and Lucy in the past. Seeing Lucy and Maeve's story of emigrating to New York sounded so exciting and brave, I imagine it's the story of many a Irish New Yorker.
My first read of this author but I'm sure it won't be the last.
Rather a long drawn out story of a families move to America from Ireland with secrets awaiting to be revealed. A bit too jumpy for me between past and present but I certainly didn't see the twist at the end, very clever. The descriptions of Ireland and of New York are very good and you can almost feel yourself there.
This was a brilliant read and is being featured on my blog for my quick star reviews feature, which I have created on my blog so I can catch up with all the books I have read and therefore review.
See www.chellsandbooks.wordpress.com.
This was a fairly emotional read but sadly too many characters for me. Just got confused a lot of the time so had to keep rereading sections. Such a shame as there are a lot of excellent reviews for this. Must just be me.

Thank you netgalley.
Thanks to netgalley for the chance to read this book.

Lucy and Maeve are sisters who emigrated to New York through Morrison emigration visas. The story is told from Lucy’s point of view of how she copes following her emigration.

Bea lives in New York and receives a letter that she wrote to her future self when in school. It sends her on a visit back to her Irish roots and she discovers that not is all as it seems.
I have never read anything by this author before so thank NeGalley and the publishers and author for the copy of this book to read and review. What an amazing story - I did get a bit confused at the beginning with the backwards and forwards as the three women in each timeline were quite similar. But I soon settled in and what a ride it was. I loved Bea and her supporting cast and the story was a great saga. A very definite five stars.
This is absolutely nothing I can recommend about this story.

I found the story line confusing and the story itself depressing.

It really left me feeling down.

Not the sort of book I would suggest anyone should read.
I received an ARC from NetGalley in return for an honest review..

This sounded interesting but sadly I found the execution less than successful.  For a long time, the book was slow and felt more like a travel guide than a work of fiction.  I found it very sentimental and predictable for the first half of the book. I really couldn’t take to Bea.

I found the ending to be very disappointing and the big reveals made me feel cheated.  The author can clearly write but this just wasn’t my cup of tea.
Lovely well written book, great characters and loved the setting and descriptions of the surroundings.  Would definitely recommend this book
This was a beautiful evocative read. I loved the characters and the setting. The writing was warm and so was the whole story.
This was an enjoyable if heartbreaking read, perfect for those with Irish connections as they will appreciate all the talk about Barry’s tea and Kerrygold butter.. lots of twists and plot lines and  I didn’t see the end plot at all.
 I personally felt it went on for too long and dragged a bit , it wasn’t my cup of tea ( Yorkshire) .
I loved this!
A story spanning two generations, but with so many twists and turns! The final one being the most unexpected.
Amazing book!
A story with immigration at its heart.
I always wondered why people say there are more Irish people in the US than in Ireland, now I know! And they’re not wannabes, as I’d supposed.
I loved this book, a modern day Maeve Binchy, with all of her kindness, well drawn, interesting characters and great stories. And it kept me guessing till the end - unusual for me!
I enjoyed it so much I even read the acknowledgments…also very unusual.
A beautiful read, set in Ireland and New York
It is an emotional, rollercoaster of a book. It has many interwoven threads which all come together to make an explosive book. It is a beautifully written family story of love, loss and betrayal- get the tissues ready !
Thank you to Netgalley, Harper Collins and Carmel Harrington for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review
A very rare 5 star review from me.

Lucy and Maeve are as close as sisters can be.  Only 10 months separate them and they do everything together.
Including emigrating to New York from Ireland through the Morrison Emigration Visas.

Told from the point of view of Lucy and her arrival in NY and trying to make a life for herself and her daughter, Bea who has grown up surrounded by a loving family.

When Bea receives a letter written to her future self, forwarded from a teacher, she is surprised to find that the letter is sending her messages.

This is a story about family.  The ones that you are born with, the ones that you choose and finding your place in the world

Being the daughter of an Irish immigrant, so much of this book spoke to me.  The characters were wonderful.  So lifelike and most of them were people that I would love to know.

There are twists in the book.  Some you can see coming a mile away and some that take your breath away.
I have been on such an emotional rollercoaster for the last hour that I need to go and have a lie down.

I can't recommend this book enough and I can't wait to read more by the author.
It took me a while to get into this book, but wow once I was hooked I couldn't get enough of it.

And by the last quarter or so I lost count of the amount of times I paused and looked up in open mouthed wonder at what was happening next.

Somehow I didn't see a large amount of things coming although with hindsight it makes sense.

I loved the dual times lines of what is happening in Bea's life now, as well as Lucy's life when she first emigrated to New York from Wexford, Ireland.

There is a great sense if Irish community and pride within this book that I loved feeling a part of.

It is another well thought out, gripping and engaging story from a fabulous author, who always produces wonderful books.

A very heartwarming story that will certainly get under your skin and get you thinking.

Thank you to HarperCollins and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
I adore dual narrative and dual setting books. So, seeing both used to such fantastic success in this story was a highlight. I did slightly prefer Bea, as I also have the experience of life as an Irish emigrant and have a long held love for New York, but I loved both narratives.

This is an emotional story with many twists to keep you hooked – I was completely hoodwinked by the reason Bea split from Ryan – and a wonderful read for the summer evenings.