Cover Image: The Moon Over Kilmore Quay

The Moon Over Kilmore Quay

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

Hearing stories of home, and having grown up in the Irish community, Bea then finds  a letter, one she wrote when younger, and it takes her into her family history.  her younger self, written years before, it sends her deep into her own family history.

We’re then taken years back to the time when , Lucy left her home and family, to travel to New York. She finds The Big Apple a whole different world to what she’d grown up in, a quiet village, and she longs to be back there.

Upon discovering a secret, now Bea is back in Kilmore Quay. Here, long kept truths are brought to light, but it seems that’s not the end for Bea as fate has one last twist in store…..

Highly recommend this.
Carmel Harrington certainly knows how to entertain a reader! I fell in love with this book immediately and have been continuously adjusting my reading path while literally devouring page after page.
I did pick up a few hints and I might have guessed a thing or two, but never had I thought that ( no spoilers here) ... 'Oh no way!'. Plot twist. When you thought you'd finally 'got it', no time to recover , bam! another plot twist (and don't think you're finished. The best is saved for last. She palys with the reader until the very last chapters. Again, no spoilers, but I hadn't seen that coming).
Brilliant. Marvellous. Amazing.
How come I didn't know this author? I have to thank Harper Collins UK for their invite to view this book an Netgalley. It goes straight to my top ten reads of this year. I'll definitely be reading more from this author. Very recommended.
I received an early copy from Harper Collins UK, Harper Fiction, via Netgalley, with many thanks to the publisher, the author and Netgalley.
What a beautiful read, a lovely book to escape into. A love story with a few twists as well as touching on Irish Immigration to America. A book that will stay with me for a long time.
Wow wow wow. What a gorgeous beautiful book. The characters of Lucy and Bea are so likeable and  credible. You fall in love with them and get so invested in their story.  I dont want to give away any spoilers but I will say their stories will stay with me for a long time to come.