Cover Image: My Best Friend's Murder

My Best Friend's Murder

This story was nothing like what I was expecting.  Not so murder/mystery despite the title, but more of a romance story.
There were lots of twists and turns to keep you hooked throughout, but I found both main characters mainly unlikeable.
The narrator did a good job.
Bec and Izzy have been best friends since school. They have been there for each other through thick and thin but there’s also a darker side to their friendship. When Izzy's body is found, Bec knows if the police decide to look for a killer, she will be the prime suspect.

I thought this would be another generic domestic thriller, but it turned out to be so much more than that. A fast-paced, addictive story full of secrets and lies that kept me gripped from the very start. Well written with characters you'll love and hate, but they felt real. A great twist at the end that I didn’t see coming - my only gripe was Bec's actions at the end did not ring true for me. Overall, very enjoyable with a great narrator and I would highly recommend.

Thanks to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster UK Audio for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
My Best Friends Murderer follows two friends through there rocky relationship. These two girls have been friends since the dawn of time, and had many trials to test there friendship, despite this and the fact they are polar opposite, they still remained friends. That is, until one of them is discovered dead and many underlying secrets are discovered.

Overall I was expecting this book to be a murder mystery, having a similar storyline to Gone Girl. However I was shocked to discover it was more of a romance book and the actual murder compromised of only around 5% of the book. I believe that due to the fact it is a well written book, if given to the right audience it would be a masterpiece, however I don’t personally believe that I am this person. I found this book slow to progress and the ending rather pointless. I did like the fact it was layout rather like a diary.

I would recommend this book to readers that prefer romantic novels over people who are looking for romantic novels.
This audio book starts with the discovery of a body, the rest of the book takes us through the lead up and consequences of the death. Is it murder? Was it an accident, What happened?

There are lots of questions throughout this audiobook, and we don't get the answer until the very end. Several times I thought I had it worked out, and I was convinced it was someone else right up until the great reveal.

To be honest, the murderee was so unpleasant, it could have been anyone in the entire cast!

I enjoyed the pace of the novel, it wasn't covered at break neck speed, instead we are gradually lead up the garden path, to make our incorrect assumptions.

I also like the fact that the subject matter was a toxic friendship, as most of us have had one of those at some point in our lives, and I think many of us could have empathy with Bec's situation.

The narration was good too, the voice kept my interest throughout and effectively covered the male and female characters.

I will certainly be keeping my eye open for more by this author.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing to read this book in exchange for review.

First of all the narrator was amazing and their voice was really easy to listen to.

This book had me hooked from the start. It was very fast paced and gripping. I was guessing the whole way through what the outcome was going to be but I was nowhere near guessing the right answer.

Lots of twists and a massive shock at the end. Absolutely loved it.
This is a debut psychological thriller about the toxic friendship between two women- Bec and Izzy. I listened to the audio version read by Jane Collingwood. This was a difficult novel for me to get into, I found that the narrator read as if she was telling a children's story and there was little differentiation between the characters. I found the characters unlikeable and it was very difficult to relate to their lives or care about what happened to them.
If you like the kind of psychological thriller that explores this kind of female friendship I would give this a go but unfortunately this was not for me.
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the digital audiobook.
I can’t even begin to express how much o loved this book. It’s full of twists and revelations and keeps you guessing right to the very last seconds. 100% recommended!