Cover Image: Rebel Girls Lead

Rebel Girls Lead

This book is a perfect read for young children, but mostly young women. There are stories from inspiring women past to present, which encourage girls to do anything they set their mind to. I will definitely be buying a copy of this for my goddaughter, I love knowing there are books like this out there. It will change some young girls lives, I can guarantee it.
What can I say about the Rebel Girls series that hasn’t already been said? What a lovely way to see the inspiring women who have fought against all odds and contributed to breaking the glass ceiling! Uplifting stories to show all the little girls, and boys, that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and work hard.

This updated version with present day leaders will show the little readers that the people they see on TV have struggled to reach their and were just little dreamers like them at some point. The illustrations were also beautiful and the format of the book very engaging. The option to write your own story and illustrate  yourself in the last page was an interactive plus.

Can only recommend!
It was awesome. Sometimes it feels so great to read Children's books, because they are all filled with excitement and hope, and I'm all for it! This book has great stories of brave and wonderful women who didn't listen to the society when they were said, "you can't do it. You're just a girl". I wish I also had these kind of books to read when I was a little girl. The illustrations and design of the book is colorful and really attractive. It will surely keep the interest of the children.
Most of the women in this book were familiar faces, but there were a handful of new ones. Each luminary gets a two-page spread: on the left a brief bio and the right features a gorgeous illustration and a quote.

I always say the same thing about this type of book, but it is true: It serves as a springboard to delve deeper into their lives.
Another amazing edition of rebel girls! I love love the way they portray historical characters as role models!
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.

Another beautiful compilation of powerful women around the world who stood up for what is right and brought about a change.
Another fantastic addition to the Rebel Girls collection of books! Rebel Girls Lead is full of short stories about brave and daring young women who grew into adult women and worked to change (and lead) the world! Full of vivid illustrations and inspiring quotes, we loved Rebel Girls Lead. My daughters found it very inspiring!
Rebel Girls Lead contains the stories of 25 women from around the world who are leaders within their community. Some of these women are known worldwide, and some of them are not so well known. There is a brief bit of background information given about each woman, and this is accompanied by artwork of the person.

I really loved finding out about the women included in this book, as there were so many I hadn't heard of, but have done such important things! I feel that the information is brief but does provide you with a good overview, and I know I felt motivated to research some of the women to find out more, which is the sign of a good non-fiction book.

I did feel that maybe too many of the women were American and maybe there could have been more worldwide women acknowledged, but at the same time I do feel that the book includes a diverse group of women and there is representation for other countries and cultures.

I think the amount of information about each person is enough to keep an older child engaged as they are short and snappy. I think my Year 1 class would also be able to listen to the information and find it interesting, as it's written in a really accessible way.
This is a wonderful collection of iconic women who made (or are making) a difference and are  inspirational to future generations. A great addition to the Rebel Girls series, this is a quick and easy collection of women leading that can act as a starting off point for young/early readers to learn more about these historic women from different countries and eras. The illustrations are done by different artists and gorgeously capture each icon.
Easy to read snippets that showcase powerful women throughout history.  Bright and beautiful artwork and lots of diversity!  A great book for children to understand their potential and excellent examples for girls who dream big.
This book is amazing!!! I love the diversity of women and girls featured not only in the book but also on the cover! Representation is so important and this book clearly values it and wants it to be known. The table of contents was extremely easy to read and I loved the two tone color scheme used to help the reader clearly identify each line. I'm excited to share this book with my 1st grader and hope to pick up a finished copy for her bookshelf! Great job!!
This mini edition of rebel girls focuses on leaders. We have 25 Women, who through courage and resilience, used thier talents and skills to lead in so many factions of life.

We have many new names to learn about as well as some old ones from the previous rebel girl books such as Michelle Obama, this time focusing more on their leadership qualities.

This book came about after the iconic win of Kamala Harris, the first woman and person of colour to become the Vice President of the US. Like her and many others in this great book, we see they all started out the same, small kids with big dreams! And like them, this book gives you confidence to find your own vioce in whatever leadership role you wish to take on in a multitude of futures set out before you.

My top three women to read about in this edition was Jacinda Arden, PM of New Zealand , Stacey Abram, American Politician, and Leymah Gbowee, Peace Activist

As always, the illustrations are gorgeous and with the inspiring quotes, each profile looks beautiful on the page!

Thank you to Rebel Girls and Netgalley for an early eArc  of the book
I love this book so much because it tells the stories of women who worked very hard to get to where they are today to be able to help a large amount of people all across the world. Even better the illustrations in the book are also by women, too! This book shows children and people of all ages especially women that if we put our minds to it then we can accomplish anything.

I just reviewed Rebel Girls Lead by Rebel Girls. #RebelGirlsLead #NetGalley
An amazing, inspiring collection of short stories about 25 of the world's powerful women. An excellent, educational book for both girls and boys. I loved this book, and it made me feel like standing up and cheering!
This is an INCREDIBLE book for children and their parents. Filled with beautiful illustrations and inspiring true accounts of 25 incredible women, this book is a must-have for libraries.

I was especially happy to see the inclusion of Wilma Mankiller, Malala Yusuf and Jacinta Arden, and hope to see more examples of women outside the USA in future editions.

The activity pages at the end were a wonderful touch, and an excellent way for readers to feel more connected to the content of this book.

Many thanks to the publisher and #netgalley for the ARC
Thank you NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

When I looked at the contents, I discovered that I only knew of 11 out of the 25 women featured in this book. I’m very satisfied to have read about all these amazing women from different times, ages and ethnicities.

A short yet excellent book tat’ll have readers of all ages intrigued and inspired to follow their dreams, face challenges and make a difference.
Love this whole series and I wish I had these stories to read as a child. Telling kids in easy to understand language what women have achieved can help them see the possibilities that are out there for them as well when they grow up.
This was such a charming book for young(er) readers. It was so colorful with the portraits on every other page, and the font was big enough and interesting enough that your little one shouldn't get overwhelmed with looking at the amount of words. I found it to be so inspiring and I read it more than once since it was so short. 5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommended.
Rebel Girls Lead was another inspirational and great read by Rebel Girls. Highly recommended to girl everywhere.  #RebelGirlsLead #NetGalley
If you are a fan of other Rebel books, you will love this one also!  This will be a great book to promote during Women's History Month.