Cover Image: Kriya Yoga for Self-Discovery

Kriya Yoga for Self-Discovery

This is a detailed book, but not off putting even further people who have only recently discovered the benefits of yoga and spiritual practices. It’s not a quick read but it is an interesting one.
This book is a great source of information. I have tried a few books and found them too detailed for me as a beginner but this is perfect. Great detail and explanation.

Thoroughly enjoyed this and a really useful tool
Great resource for beginners. I'm learning about all the types of yoga to find the right one for me and this book is very helpful.
The book starts with the basic foundations of Patanjali's Ashtanga (8 limbed) yoga and gets to the details of 4 of those limbs - Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara and Dharana and goes into exhaustive detail of each of these stages with exercises to practice and master the same. These have been called the 4 Vs (Verticalization, Ventilation, Visualization and Vibrationalization) for better understanding..

Kriya Yoga is the school of yoga wherein the 4 Vs are practiced to attain spiritual growth, inner stillness and the realization of the Self and the Absolute.

There are detailed explanations of the various concepts like the mudras, bandhas, pranayama techniques, posture, chakras, kundalini, etc. Even though there is a lot of repetition of the concepts, it is probably the author's intent to emphasize the importance of the same. This book in itself may not be as useful to a complete beginner as it would be to a reader who is a practitioner of yoga in one of its forms.
This is very good. From someone who knows very little about Kriya Yoga, it seem comprehensive and accessible. There's a lot of time spent on the physical aspects, but it also covers psychological and spiritual aspects. A nice list of resources too. Recommended for beginners.

I really appreciate the ARC for review!!
As a brand new RYT I am looking for all resources on yoga I can find. This was an excellent resource. It helped with tips and postures and it also helped me to further explore different styles of yoga and expand my knowledge.
Wonderful book; full of detailed explanations about Kryia yoga. Guidance on keeping good posture, how this helps your whole life and what impact it can have on wellbeing. Details on chakras, meditation, breathing and mindset. A total self help book based on scientific research with historical reliability.