Cover Image: The Summer Seekers

The Summer Seekers

Sarah Morgan at her best, this is an amazing, joyful read though some parts were more serious. I love Sarah’s characters so much, how realistic her friendships are, I could not put this down I always feel so much happier when I am reading one of Sarah’s books. Sarah’s stories are so well written you want to be there, almost feels like you are. A beautiful and thoroughly heartwarming story

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
This is an uplifting, touching beach read with nice characters. The family bonds and the adventure was enjoyable enough to keep me reading. I wish I could read it with my grandma.
What a delightful book, the characters were amazing.
Kathleen is 80 and a complete firecracker!
Martha is a 25 year old sweet girl who I think a lot of people including myself can relate to.
They take on a wonderful adventure to travel across America on route 66.
The personalities of both ladies had me laughing with them and crying with them. Wonderfully written and a pleasure to read  thank you to netgalley, the publishers and the author Sarah Morgan for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion
I love Sarah Morgan's books and this one was not an exception. Her way of writing characters is always excellent and I loved the interplay between the main characters. Its a fun story with lots of adventure and really engaging characters. Spot on as always.
A brilliant summer read. I loved all the main characters and their different stories. I loved what it said about living in the moment and taking time for yourself
The Summer Seekers by Sarah Morgan was a fab read, if I could I’d be giving more than five stars for her books. I have yet to find a book by Sarah that I have not devoured in one sitting and this was no exception, I loved it. A great feel-good summer read that took me away from real life for a few hours. Can’t wait to read my next book by Sarah she is definitely my to go to author when I want to sit and read, I just love her books.
Eighty-year-old Kathleen used to be a TV travel presenter. After a run in with a burglar at her seaside home, she decides that she needs another adventure - much to the dismay of her daughter Liza. Liza wants her mum to move into a home, not going off on a road trip abroad. Liza herself is drowning under the weight of family obligations and is stuck in a rut. Martha is also at a bit of a turning point in her life. Unfulfilled personally and professionally she answers Kathleen's advertisement for a driver to accompany her on her American road trip and applies for the job even though she's not exactly the most confident driver in the world. Over the course of the summer you see the women explore their lives and their relationships and work a few things out. I usually prefer Sarah Morgan’s romances to her women’s fiction but this is actually a lot of fun. I wanted a little bit more closure for each of the women but it was a satisfying read overall - I read it in 24 hours so that says something!
I always enjoy Sarah Morgan’s book and this could be my favourite to date. I loved the story, the characters and the places. The best summer read to lose yourself in and think many of us could relate to the characters in part.
This was my first book by Sarah Morgan, but it certainly won’t be my last. I loved the very idea of this book and the execution of it was excellent.

Kathleen is eighty years old and after confronting an intruder in her house she decides to take on a new challenge by going to the US and travelling Route 66. To do this she hires a young woman as a driver, a woman who feels lost in her life. Alongside this we also have the story of Kathleen’s daughter who has problems in her own life too.

This book tells their stories in a wonderful way, and it is great to be with the three women in their voyages of discovery. This book is so wonderfully written and is a great story which I really enjoyed. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants or needs a feel good factor.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publishers for providing a copy of this book for me,  for an an open and honest review
Martha is stuck in a rut,newly divorced and living back home with her parents who are unsupportive and cold, Martha knows she must make plans for her future, when she spots an advert for a driver Martha applies  for the job and  finds herself driving Martha across Route 66.

A fantastic read and I really hope their is a sequel I wasn’t ready for the book to end.
I am a huge fan of Sarah Morgan, ive read most of her books, in fact i have a Sarah Morgan shelf...so of course i was excited to read this! We meet Kathleen, as she herself meets an intruder in her own home, but Kathleen isn't a frail 80 year old and hits the intruder with her bacon frying pan. Liza her daughter comes to visit with visions of sending her mother to a home, after her near miss she really thinks its for the best however, Kathleen has her own plans. She wants adventure.

Martha is having a quarter life crisis, with no job, a divorce and living with her parents she needs to find a way out. Thats when she comes across Kathleens advert for someone to drive her across America as she completes route 66. The only minor issue is that Martha hates driving oh and Liza doesn't think her mum should go.

As all three women set out on their own adventure we follow their journey. This was a truly delightful read. I really enjoyed watching each woman change and become the person they were meant to be. I loved the dynamics between the three and even though Liza was back at home finding herself some peace and quite. She was still very much also part of the roadtrip.

The trip itself was great to read about, Sarah Morgan writes locations so vividly that you really feel like you are there. She writes characters that have such depth and real emotional growth throughout the story. She writes books that just warm the soul and heart. A perfect end of summer read before those winter christmas tales start appearing.
Another fabulous book from the wonderful Sarah Morgan.
This book features octogenarian Kathleen and her daughter Liza who have a difficult relationship. After an incident in her home Liza is determined that her mother sell her Cornish home and move into a smaller home. But Kathleen has a wild past and she’s not ready to slow down so impulsively books a last hurrah to the US to drive Route 66.  However she can’t drive herself so enter Martha who has a secret past.

The relationships with all the characters is fascinating and so well written you feel part of their families. Although the book is fairly predictable it was an excellent story with a very satisfying ending.

Loved it!! Now onto her new Christmas book…
Oh this is such a lovely story I was disappointed when it ended. Yes it was a bit predictable but who cares it was definitely a book that made me warm and fuzzy with added humour.

The complex relationship between Kathleen and her daughter Liza was described in such a way that I felt so close to them.

I loved Martha and how she took care of Kathleen showed what a caring and thoughtful person she was and her relationship with her was adorable.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harpercollins for the opportunity to read an advance copy in return for my honest review.
Sarah Morgan delivers another deliciously warm read that touches the heart and puts a smile on your face!
And Sarah does it again. Another great book, amazing characters and as always well thought out. I was on the ride with them, great read
I usually love a Sarah Morgan, but unfortunately this one disappointed me. It seemed to ramble on a lot, and the characters were larger than life which is definitely not a trait of this author. She has written many books around the theme of Christmas, which are much better than this. The Summer Seekers fails to capture the same atmosphere, and I was not very enthralled by this story. This is the exception to the rule though, as mostly her books are brilliant!
Lovely feel-good sunshine read, with plenty of adventure and emotional depth.

Kathleen is a retired TV travel presenter and force of nature. Her daughter Liza is self-reliant, dependable and puts everyone else first. Martha is young, disillusioned and desperate for her life to change.

A shock encounter with an intruder sets off a chain of events involving a trip on the iconic Route 66 and leading all three women to look into their hearts and reassess their priorities.
This was a really good read. Easy story to follow, charming setting and great characters. Really enjoyed it.
Brilliant. This was a well written book that I greatly enjoyed and already plan to recommend. Believable characters and an inticing setting. Some parts were perhaps a little lengthy, but maybe because I was impatient to reach the novels conclusion! Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Fantastic book!  I have really enjoyed all the Sarah Morgan stories I have read and this one was no exception.  A great story line - oh, how I hope to still be travelling like Kathleen when I get to 80! - and I loved Martha!  She was such a character and had a lovely way with her.  She looked after Kathleen so well and I really wish her a happy life!  I was also so happy that Liza came into her own and found herself again - she did make me think about how I have been as a mother myself!  I so want to go and stay at Oakwood Cottage - it sounds like such an idyllic place!

If you are looking for a great story line with really well conceived characters you come to care about, look no further than this book - you won't regret it!

Thank you to Net Galley and the publishers for allowing me to read this book in exchange for a honest review, which is what I have given.