Cover Image: Meet Me in Another Life

Meet Me in Another Life

There’s a real ethereal quality  to this story.  Two people living their lives, over and over again. Each time finding one another in a different way. It took me a while to get into and understand but once I did I was captured. It’s really quite a deeply spiritual read with an unexpected ending. Totally beautiful
I did not enjoy this book at all unfortunately. I only managed to get half way through and it was extremely confusing I couldn't keep up with all the storylines
Meet Me In Another Life was certainly interesting. Philophical questions, determinism, faith vs atheism are all im this story of two people whose lives seem intertwined for eternity.

It was a complex plot which I did at times, find slightly laboured. I wanted to enjoy it more than I did. I didn't warm to the main characters, (Thora and Santi), which meant I didn't care enough about their fate.

Having said that, I think it's a book that will have an impact and will make me ponder long after it is complete.
'Meet Me In Another Life' is the beautifully written story of Thora and Santi who meet again and again, in different situations. It was poignant and heartwarming and thought-provoking. I didn't know where it was going and it surprised me. The different stages of life and the types of people we all are,  were brought to the fore. A book to get lost in.

I was given this ARC to review.
I wasn't sure what to think when I started this novel but this mysterious romance soon had me hooked. Santi and Thora are forever entertwinned in the Sci fi love story but can they break the cycle before its too late and they have lost one another forever.
It's hard to put this one into words because the story is complicated but in a good way. Its unpredictable, each new life they live different from the one before. The pair of them will take you on an emotional rollercoaster through the stars. It was worth the read and I has made me consider more from the genre.
I’m sorry to say that this book was not for me.  It is a tale of 2 people who come together in different lives, though not in the same relationships, who are aware they are in a continuous cycle that they need to break… but how?

Unfortunately I found it very repetitive and therefore skipped through much of the book just to get to the end, which was definitely not what I expected.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this book, it’s just so magical, this book isn’t for everyone bit like marmite, those who love it, will LOVE it. Very sliding doors-esque it’s the story of two people who paths keep crossing across  different lives often as lovers, or friends but a whole cast of different relationships. Poignant, sometimes confusing but in a good way if that makes sense, the ending was surprising but when you think over the book the clues are there. I loved the characters, always eager to see what path lay ahead for them both, overall a unique, quirky and original story.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
I really loved Meet Me in Another Life - The characters were so deeply portrayed despite the differences between each 'life', and each chapter felt like a separate little short story. The writing was so engaging as Thora and Santi had their meet cutes and arguments. My only criticism is the ending was not what i expected- not a bad thing, and it made sense in context, but I didn't find it totally satisfying.
I'd much rather a book be ambitious than boring, even if it doesn't stick the landing it makes for a far more worthwhile journey. That's definitely true with Meet Me In Another Life, which I've thought about most days since reading. Wonderfully poignant - one moment in particular really sticks out as shattering my heart - and profound. It won't be for everyone, but those who love it will ADORE it.
Thora and Santi keep meeting each other and living their lives over and over again. Each life takes a different form, sometimes they are friends sometimes married or even father and daughter. They need to make sense of why this is happening, they suddenly realise that their time is running out so must act quickly to solve the complex problem.
An interesting and unusual read.with ethereal issues. Nothing is ever quite what it seems.
I found this fascinating. The concept is wonderful - the idea of people forced to live their lives over and over in many different guises - and the answer at the end is properly satisfying. Aside from that, I loved the characters and couldn't wait to see what form they would end up in next.
Really iinteresting, beautifully written, I was intrigued by the multiple stories of two people who keep meeting in different lives - sometimes lovers, or friends or siblings or parents.  Very different and although I confess to not understanding all of the concepts, a really good read.
Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins HarperFiction for the advance copy of "Meet Me in Another Life"

It took me a while to get into this book, I found myself having to go back and remind myself which Santi and Thora I was reading about. But once I got my head around what was actually going on, I really enjoyed it! So anyone reading it who is lost at the minute - stick with it!!

I enjoyed the jumping time frames - at times it can feel quite fragmented but once you know why it is that way it all makes sense. This is something I wouldn't normally read, but I'm very glad I did.
I started this book and didn't like it.  I couldn't get to grips with the story and the characters seemed to act and react in ways which did not seem natural to me.  But after reading the 5 star reviews from other people I thought I must have missed something so went back and tried again.  Initially I didn't change my opinion but thought that I should persevere and see if I could understand why so many other readers thought it was wonderful.  And I am glad I did!  As I read I appreciated it more and more and although it is not my usual style of book I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for the ARC of Meet Me In Another Life. I really enjoyed this book and particularly like that it wasn’t what I expected at all. What started off as a potential romance across multiple lifetimes quickly became something much more mysterious and complicated than that. The first half of the book leaves you confused and searching for explanations as much as the characters themselves, when they begin to remember their past lives is when things become more interesting. They do repeat the same argument in different incarnations over and over, which is mostly around whether we have free will or are governed by fate and whether there is a higher power and afterlife waiting for us. I liked the intertwining of faith and science and the characters grappling with their own beliefs in the face of unexplainable circumstances. Without giving too much away, I really enjoyed the reveal at the end which I only realised myself a few pages before it was made clear. I think it would make a really good film.
Great book! So intriguing and original. The two central characters are as intriguing as the plot itself. And when the magically mysterious premise of the book turns out to have a rational explanation it manages to add just another layer of strangeness to it rather than killing the mystery stone dead. Highly recommended.
Such a different book, I enjoyed it and it has left a mark on me. The changing lifetimes and relationships to each other of the two main characters was fascinating. Beautifully written and not readily categorised as one specific genre. How bound by fate are we? How many different lives might we have or would it always bring us back to one fate?
What a fabulous tale .
Thora and Santi were destined to meet - again and again and again -for all eternity so it seems . But there must be some reason behind this -so they desperately set about finding why -before it is too late .

A quirky original story -loved it

Thankyou NetGalley for an ARC in return for an honest review
This was an interesting an unusual read, and I have to say not what I expected - but I enjoyed it overall.

Without giving anything away, the two main characters in the book - Thora and Santi - meet repeatedly in apparently different lives.  They don't realise this to start with and their relationship is entirely different in each life - sometimes parent/child, sometimes lovers, sometimes teacher/pupil etc - which is rather confusing at first until you start to get an inkling of what's going on...

The eventual ending was not what I'd anticipated, yet at the same time I recognised that it was the only outcome based on clues earlier in the book.

An intriguing read - recommended if you are a fan of sci-fi - if you're not, you probably won't enjoy it as much.

My thanks to NetGalley and the pubishers for an ARC.  All opinions my own.
This story of two strangers fated to meet and lose each other across multiple lifetimes was intriguing and confidently told. However, I did get a bit bored with the narrowness of the story and it's small cast of characters, as only Thora and Santi are given the space for any kind of depth of feeling. I did enjoy the exploration of how our values systems and dreams would be altered by the knowledge that we were forced to live within narrow parameters that would could not control. However, the ending was confusing, i felt, and didn't deliver a convincing explanation of why what happened to Thora and Santi happened. I also thought that the shifting of their relationship from parent to child, friends to lovers, etc, was distasteful, and the explanation, that 'you needed to be everything to each other' just wasn't satisfactory.