Cover Image: Exposed

Exposed

This is great conclusion to the Missing child case files.
In all her investigations Emma has been looking for the answers behind her sisters Anna’s disappearance.   In this final instalment the answers maybe found.
The shooting of a man in Leicestershire and the arrest of a woman draws Emma into a case that key test everything.
Can’t wait to read the next book by the author as gave thoroughly enjoyed the case files.
Thanks to HarperCollins UK and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Have thoroughly enjoyed this series of books. Another great instalment full of twists and turns and surprises. The characters were diverse,shaped by their past and developed well through the series. Wish there was more.
Couldn’t finish this book unfortunately. Found the constant then- now shifting broke the story up. Also too much time spent in the past which didn’t always add to the story.
Thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in return for a fair review.
2 ⭐️
I'm sorry to say I hadn't discovered M.A. Hunter until I read Mummy's Little Secret; then I knew I had to read more! And now I'm sorry I've read the last book in this series because it was so good! Emma's sister Anna disappeared when they were just children and Emma has made it her mission to find her. But apparently everything has been a dead end. Now as she works with Jack she discovers Anna has reappeared but is accused of murder and abduction going by the name Kylie Shakespeare. What a wild ride! The great thing is you can read this as a stand-alone without the entire series so I was completely satisfied. Great characters and many twists and turns--my kind of thriller!
The excellent final book in an excellent series.
It's thrilling, exciting and answered all the questions. It's a fast paced and well thought story.
The plot is well developed and kept me on the edge till the shocking end.
I think that the author is a good storyteller and can't wait to read other books.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Wow wow wow! So I have loved this series of books and I was really sad that it’s now come to an end but this one does not disappoint and ties up all the loose ends that we have carried through the other books. We finally find our the truth about Anna and Emma finally decides which man is for her but along the way as always there is excitement and Emma putting her life on the line for her friends and the truth. I shall miss these characters.
Having read the previous 5 books i couldnt wait to see how the series concluded. Had been absolutly gripping from book 1.

Anna meets Kylie Shakespeare who has been arrested for the murder of a well known senior police office, also linked to a massive paedophile ring.
Emma, who has been hunting for sister for over 20 years, is astounded to learn Kylie is in fact Anna.
Whilst we gain more insight into the girls family life and parents from the early days, sadly their mother dies the day before the reunion, never knowing her daughter has been found.

Anna and Emma share the same passion and goal to pull to justice those responsible for the devastation caused to children and families over the years. Whilst Anna feels she has nothing to lose, her methods of exposing these characters is unorthodox but brings results.
Emma has been betrayed by people close to her but this book reaches a gripping, nail biting but satisfactory conclusion to over 20 years of hell.

Highly recommend not only this book but the whole series and cant wait to see whag the author has to offer next.
Emma Hunter is an investigative journalist  who became a best selling author after exposing horrific evidence of child abuse that has gone on for years & shone a light on many well known people. He interest in the missing has deep roots going back to when she was a small child, her older sister, Anna, went missing. Her investigations have given clues to her disappearance. In this, the final instalment we find out a lot more about the time when Anna  went missing . The pace does not slow down & the pages kept turning till the end. I was a bit apprehensive that the ending might be a let down but I needn't have worried- like the whole series it was done beautifully

What an amazing series this has been! This is NOT a book that can be read as a stand alone as the previous  five books have led up to this finale. Start from the beginning & enjoy- I  almost wish I had them all to read again. I will miss Emma. Jack, Rachel & all. Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this brilliant series of books.
A tiff between two sisters over a skateboard and Emma's family life is blown apart. Her sister Anna goes off in a strop heading for their grandmother's house and vanishes without a trace. Their distraught parents react differently. Their mother dedicates the rest of her life to endlessly searching for Anna, handing out flyers and asking everyone she meets. Their father retreats into himself and becomes depressed and they eventually spilt. Many years; after having spent her adult life investigating missing children and writing books on the subject Emma receives a phone call from a distant police station.. They are holding a suspect who will only speak to Emma. From there the story unravels into a twisty suspense-filled story where even those in high places are not to be trusted.
This final installment in the Missing Children Case Files series is an absolutely perfect conclusion to a series that has gripped me all the way through. Emma’s sister Anna, missing for twenty years, is alive… but she’s in trouble, accused of murdering a high-profile man whose name has come up in Emma’s investigations into a massive paedophile ring which has been operating across the south of England for literally decades.

You really do need to read this whole series in order to get the whole backstory and to understand just how much Emma and Anna have been through. Emma and her allies have been getting steadily closer to the truth - and to Anna - and now everything finally comes to a head, but powerful people need the investigation stopped in its tracks, and will stop at nothing to make sure the finger of suspicion isn’t pointed in their direction. A new player on the scene - a courageous young woman related to one of the key players - comes on the scene and is able to point Emma and Anna, finally reunited, in the direction of the literal smoking gun, key evidence which can bring the whole ring down, but there are still dangerous obstacles in their way and at least one traitor just waiting their moment.

I have really enjoyed this series, and this is a very satisfying conclusion to it. Five stars, and I’ll be looking forward to whatever M.A. Hunter writes next.
Emma finally finally finds her sister Anna who disappeared 20 years ago- and then loses her again.  A journalist, she has gone through all sorts of horrible situations during her search. She's built a relationship with DC Jack Serrovitz but nothing will be right until things are right with Anna.  But they aren't.  Kudos to Anna for taking control of her life and trying to help others ensnared in the clutches of evil people. No spoilers from me. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  This is the end of a series of which I've only read the first two. That didn't make a difference for me.  I imagine, however, that those who have read all of the novels will feel more strongly than I about this finale.
This is the last book in the Missing Children Case Files and what a fantastic book to end the series.

Emma Hunter has been searching for her sister Anna for over 20 years and in this final instalment we finally learn what happened to Anna. I’m not going to say much more as I don’t want to give anything away. There is definitely lots of twists and turns that kept me turning the pages. Emma finally gets the answers to all her questions.

I would highly recommend this series to crime thriller lovers.
Such a great read and such a great series. This book would work perfectly well as a stand-alone but to get the best from it I’d urge you to read the series. In fact as this is the last one in this series if you can read them all in one go. A brilliant ending to the series with an unbelievable twist
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Exposed is my read for this summer! What a strongly written novel!

Excellent characters, excellent pacing and it kept me at the edge of my seat! a must read!
The final book in the Missing Children Case Files series. Emma Hunter, investigative journalist still looking for her missing sister who disappeared years ago. In this book, she finds her missing sister who is also on a hunt for the vile perpetrators who kidnapped her. Together they work to bring down the paedophile ring who have been responsible for many abusive acts. Lots of twists and turns in this dark story. A brilliant finale and glad the two sisters got closure.
Exposed: The Missing Children Case Files in the 6th and final book in the series by M A Hunter.
In short, Emma Hunter, an investigative journalist, finally uncovers the events and horrors of child abduction crime that she’s spent the past two decades trying to solve in the South West of England. As quoted by Emma, “I kicked the hornets’ nest and angered them. I’ve put us all in danger.“ How right was she!
Without ‘exposing’ the storyline, what I can reveal is that it’s written in two different timelines and it’s jam packed with suspense, horror, survival and with a tense satisfying conclusion.
The Missing Children Case Files is a well written crime series and I look forward to reading more from M A Hunter in the future.
Big thanks to M A Hunter, HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter and NetGalley for this eARC which I chose to read in return for my honest review.
What a beautiful ending to an Amazing series!  Although, I’m sad to see it end the storyline throughout was so well written and full of suspense and hope.  From the first book to the last I was fully invested in justice to the small victims and was excited for each book to hit the shelf.  What new stories will be next? M.A. Hunter is a master story teller and I cannot wait to read more.

This was what I needed for this series finale. I'm not typically one to stick out a series more than 3 books - I was hesitant to start this series knowing it would end with 6 novels. I'm really glad the publisher reached out and asked me to review them!

I needed SO many answers with this book, I was worried it would not live up to my expectation; in a way I was right! It exceeded my expectations!

Emma faces so many truths in this one, that it hurts. All throughout her journey I kept wishing for one thing; that Anna was alive. I never stopped to question what it would look like. I, like Emma, could only imagine the flowery reunion.

Taking down an entire ring of child traffickers was intense and the closer she got the more dangerous it became. At what point do you say, "this is too much", for Emma those words didn't seem to exist.

Great execution of a finale and wrapping everything in a way that concludes any questions that might have lingered. I will definitely be on the lookout for more M.A. Hunter. I became a fan!

Thank you to Netgalley and HarperCollins UK; One More Chapter for providing an eARC.
I’d like to thank HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘Exposed’, Case 6 and the final part of the Missing Children Case Files written by M A Hunter, in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Investigative journalist Emma Hunter has been searching for sister Anna who disappeared twenty-one years ago from their home in Portland, Dorset.  The police in Leicestershire phone Emma informing her that a woman they’ve arrested for a shooting will only speak to her but when she arrives with her friend PC Jack Serrovitz they start questioning her under caution as it appears the woman who’s given her name as Kylie Shakespeare isn’t who she seems.

Regrettably ‘Exposed’ is the final part of the Missing Children Case Files which is without doubt one of the most exciting and completely gripping series I’ve ever had the pleasure to read.  The final episode begins in Portland, Dorset, with Anna walking to her grandmother’s house, and the story moves from that time to now as Emma alongside Jack, Rachel, Freddie and DCS Rawani get closer to those individuals who’ve been responsible for organised child trafficking along the South Coast for the last three decades.  This final part is action-packed, with a deluge of suspense, shock, horror and total disbelief, and the story becomes more frantic as they attempt to keep one step ahead of the traffickers.  ‘Exposed’ is an exceptionally well-written and tremendously enjoyable thriller written by a very talented author.  I’ve become so involved in the story it’s been impossible to stop reading and when I reached the end it was so emotional I had tears to my eyes.
The final book in the Missing Children Case Files series. . There were so many questions to be answered from the previous 5 books. .They were answered satisfactorily., I have to say.  I'm so glad it was quite a short length of time between books. The abduction of children is not a pleasant topic to read about but,  this series was neither graphic nor gory. It was written sensitively,  in my opinion. . I highly recommend this series.