Cover Image: The Wedding

The Wedding

The Wedding isntthe best book I’ve ever read but it’s a fun read and quickly got me through yet another lockdown afternoon. It’s the book equivalent of a cheesy teen horror, easy to watch but doesn’t make it any less enjoyable! Lauren was a really annoying character and I just couldn’t gel with her.
3.5/5
I started this book months ago, didn't like it then or now. The book was not interesting although the plot started out nicely but somewhere a long the way I just lost interest. Picked it up again to finish reading it and hoping for a better finish. Sorely disappointed.
Fab book ! I loved this thriller - it was quite twisty with half of the action being played out in England the other half in Thailand - i did guess who the villain was but only when i got just pages from the end. Brilliant book - just up my street.
Definitely a twisty tale!! There were so many different ways it could go and I was continually switching who was sending the threats. It was a TAD annoying that almost every character had SOME sort of reason for possibly being the threat but I get that it was done to keep readers guessing. Lauren was a likable character for the most part. She was naïve at times in regards to her fiancée but it wasn't enough to be off putting. Adam definitely has made some bad choices in the past which contribute to some of the problems they currently have but in the end it is very obvious that he truly loves Lauren. Overall very fun thrilling read.
Loved this book.
Lauren is preparing to marry Adam .
When an envelope arrives saying “ he doesn’t love you”
Has Adam been keeping secrets from her.
This book is set in England and Thailand .
Someone doesn’t want them to marry.
This was a great read can’t wait for the next one.
Thanks NetGalley
Adam and Lauren are set to marry when all sorts of weird things start happening.,   I really liked this author and this book did not disappoint, it was an appropriately paced, page turner that will have me hooked throughout the story.
WOW what a gripping read ! Had me gripped from the first page to the last with twists and turns all the way through ! Highly recommend
A taut, compelling thriller that kept me turning the pages. Recommended! Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this ARC.
This was a very slow-paced mystery thriller. I usually don't mind that, but unfortunately the mystery part wasn't hard to figure out. After about a third of the book, I started skim-reading to see if my suspicions were correct (they were), because I wasn't really enjoying the experience. The characters had no depth, the twists were predictable, and certain parts of the story were so unbelievable that it ended up being a real battle to reach the end of the book.
This was probably my favorite of Ruth Heald’s book! It’s one of those that has you trusting absolutely no one; which I love!  Characters were amazingly written, which I need for me to really get hooked in a book!  It’s fast paced and suspenseful; also full of twist and turns, chills, thrills, and shocks!  Hugely highly recommend!
I liked the idea of this plot but it just didn’t grab me. I kinda guess who Lauren’s tormentor was. I personally didn’t find it on your seat or got to know what’s going to happen next.
I really loved this book!! It had so many twists and turns. It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next!! This was my first book by this Author, and it won’t be the last!! Quick read!! Highly recommended!! You won’t be disappointed!!
I quite enjoyed this, although it did tend to lag a little here and there. And I have to say right from the get-go... Adam is just such a pain. I mean, really.

Anyway, that aside, I thought I knew who the trouble-maker was.... it wasn't. Then I thought aha! It's that one. But again, nope. So there's that, I'm a bit of a sucker for red herrings. I also enjoyed the travel aspect, bringing in a foreign country gave it a bit of an edge.

Thanks to the author, publisher, and Net Galley for my ARC.
Wow, what a book! The Wedding was my first Ruth Heald book, and I'm definitely going to read everything else she's written. This book pulled me in from the first page and didn't let me go until the last word. It was incredibly hard to put down and had so many twists and turns that I couldn't wait to find out how it ended (but I also didn't want it to end because I was enjoying it so much). I really liked Lauren and Adam and cared about what happened to them, and the supporting characters were great too. I highly recommend this incredible thriller...thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review The Wedding. : )
Very gripping  psychological thriller centering around family relationships The story was so engrossing that you couldn't put it down.  It kept you riveted until the final pages!
A couldn't put down read!!!
Lauren is planning her once in a lifetime wedding to Adam. She begins to get threatening messages , each one scarier than the last. Who wants to stop their wedding?  This is a story that takes place in London and Thailand- love that! As I was reading, I thought I had it figured out, then another twist, and they mystery begins again! This was an easy read, very entertaining and with lots of twists and turns.
Thank you to NetGalley , the author and publisher for an advanced copy of this.
A twisted domestic noir novel that is so gripping readers will want to read the whole book in one sitting, Ruth Heald’s The Wedding is a tale of jealousy, vengeance and obsession that is juicy, shocking and addictive.

Lauren has been with her partner Adam for eighteen years. Having been a couple for close to two decades, Lauren is fairly confident in the fact that there is nothing about Adam that she doesn’t know. When they finally decide to get married, Lauren is absolutely elated. She has been dreaming about her wedding day for the longest time possible and she is counting down the days until she can finally walk down the aisle towards the man with whom she is going to be spending the rest of her life. With the invitations sent, the dress picked out and the wedding planned within an inch of its life, Lauren’s fairytale wedding is about to commence, but her dream ceremony turns into a nightmare that has her fearing for her life!

Lauren never imagined that a piece of paper with four words printed on it would end up turning her entire world upside down. The four words written on the card stop her heart in its tracks. Who could have possibly sent it to Lauren? And on her wedding day of all days? Who could possibly hate her this much that they would go to such desperate lengths to ruin her wedding day and destroy her future? But more to the point, is what’s written on the card actually true? Has Adam been lying to her all this time? Is it true that he does not love her? Or is this someone’s pathetic idea of a joke? Determined to get to the bottom of this shocking mystery, Lauren vows to leave no stone unturned. But with everything to lose and a dangerous enemy hiding in plain sight amongst her family and friends, is Lauren ready for what she is about to uncover? Or will opening up this Pandora’s box end up costing her everything…including her life?

Ruth Heald’s The Wedding is a dark, tense and menacing thriller that is an absolute struggle to put down. Ruth Heald grabs her readers’ attention from the very first page and keeps them on the edge of their seats until the final jaw-dropping twist. A brilliantly paced psychological thriller that will have readers chewing their nails to the elbow, fans of Jane Corry and Paula Hawkins will not want to miss Ruth Heald’s The Wedding.
Thank you Netgalley for an copy of THE WEDDING BY RUTH HEALD..
Definitely a cozy quick read , I read it in one sitting , enjoyed it very much .
Lauren is about to marry Adam, who she has been with for years. When a card arrives saying "He doesn't love you", Lauren marks it as a silly prank from one of Adam's friends, but then other bad things start to happen to her. Is her perfect day going to end up being the worst day of her life? An exciting, thrilling and tense read, with characters full of suspicion. Kept guessing who to trust, as various secrets and lies come to light. A twisty suspenseful book that keeps you wondering! Thanks Netgalley and the publisher for the advance ecopy.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and could not put it down, I was drawn into the story from page one .and read it in one sitting x