Cover Image: The Underfoot Vol. 2

The Underfoot Vol. 2

3.5 stars

In the continuation of the previous book, the HAM team joins HAP and they divide the teams, while one goes for the mushrooms that provide energy to the complex, others go to a meeting between gliders and stingers. Meanwhile, batteries and other things have been disappearing, are they missing, or is someone taking them?

Here I going to mention the problem to follow each character and team, because they are so many and apart of 2 or 3 (like Ruby), you keep mixing them , maybe using uniforms or vests or a name tag will fix that problem?

The action goes on non-stop, we already knew from the previous book that there was a kind of mind behind what was happening, and here we know him although this ends up creating more questions.

The action goes on non-stop, we already knew from the previous book that there was a kind of 'master mind' behind what was happening, and here we know her although this ends up creating more questions. Hashak is a convincing, charismatic villain who points out one thing that all readers were aware : that the Giants are not those benevolent entities of the H.A.M. , HAP, and HAT legends, because they mammals, reptiles, insects, and birds are the products of genetic experiments at the most style of Planet of the Apes, and that worshiping human relics is pretty bizarre, but very post-apocalyptic movie.

But what were those humans thinking when creating animals with special abilities, like the psychic twins?

However, despite the possible confusion of names and teams, the characters are lovable, in their friendship, honor, and even somewhat adrenaline junkies?

The ending suggests that there will be a third book.
Thank you Netgalley and Oni Press for providing me an ARC of this book, in exchange for an honest review.

The second volume of "The Underfoot" had a more engaging plot than the first volume, and I enjoyed it a lot more.

This time, both HAM and HAP are working together on a couple of missions when something goes wrong with all of those missions. That's when they find out more about what the reptiles are doing, and also that there is another group of hamsters, specialized in mountain climbing. So, the three groups have to band together to defeat Hashak, the reptiles's leader.

I'm going to be honest, I enjoyed the plot of this volume a lot more than the plot of the first one. It's clear now that the first was the set-up, and now is the real action. I also didn't feel like there was too much going on the page, like I felt before and, consequently, I liked the art more this time around.

As for the characters, Ruby is still my favourite and we have got some development on the HAM matriarch that made me warm up to her a little. Nonetheless, we are starting to get a lot of hamsters, and sometimes it's difficult to distinguish them from each other. They have some differences between each other, even when they're the same color and species, but when they're not in their usual attire I found it hard to distinguish them, and that confused me a few times - but I moved on because I was so interested in the plot.

Overall, I enjoyed this second volume more than the first one, and I'm very intrigued about what's going to happen next, so I will definitely continue on this series! I recommend it, and hope you pick up this graphic novel series too.
A little bit creepy and a lot of action, The Underfoot follows the desperate plight of several teams of genetically enhanced hamsters as they seek to not only survive but save the world. In volume 2, the insidious plans of an evil lizard become more obvious and new powers are discovered that might be the key to survival for all sentient life.
Although it relies on grim peril and curious science, this book definitely has its moments of joy and humor. Not quite a superhero story, it's full of colorful characters and thoughtful ideas. Fans of Redwall and Plants vs Zombies should take notice.
This was a fun adventure. The artwork was stunning. The plot was there. Who would have thought there could be warrior hamsters of so many breeds. Definitely a great read for children. I would definitely recommend this to my little cousins to get them into comics.
This was a fun, gripping graphic novel that left me wanting to know more. I really like the art style and that inbetween each chapters there are character profiles and contact from the 'giants' days among each other.

In this volume, the Hamster Aquatic Mercenaries (HAM) have joined up with the Hamster Airborne Paratroopers (HAP) to support each other in solving the mystery of missing priceless Giants-That-Were artifacts and hamsters going missing too. Then a new hamster colony arrives; the Hamster All-terrain Mountaineers (HAM) who bring further clues about Hashak, the leader of the scales who is behind this mystery. Together the colonies work as a group to succeed in the most dangerous mission they have ever faced.

This finishes with a massive cliffhanger that I left me wanting more! I may not be the intended audience for this but I had a lot of fun reading it and I will be keeping my eye out for future volumes.
I am writing an honest review after reading a digital ARC (advanced reader copy) I received from Netgalley.

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was even better than the first volume and dove deeper into the Hamster clans' world.. I really liked the art, story, and tidbits of scientific information. The world building is captivating and consistent with the previous novel. I'm very excited to see what happens in the next volume! Even though I am an adult I really liked this book and think a lot of children will enjoy reading it. My only issue is that some of the characters and terminology are difficult to keep track of, but that is common in books from animals' points of view.
I was lucky enough to get volumes 1 and 2 back to back, now I have to wait for volume 3 to come out, this is going to be a long wait...

Volume 2 was just as enjoyable as volume 1, although this one did not make me tear up at the end.  I love the cliff hanger at the end of this volume.  I don't want to give anything away but whaaaat!?! Those last two transmissions leave so many unanswered questions.
I loved this beyond words. I loved the first one and I even cried a little, and this one was no different. The art is incredibly cute and I loved the characters so much.
Was ok but not my favourite graphic novel series. May be that I'm not the target audience. I found it a little... trite...
I really enjoyed the ability to read this volume of the graphic novel directly after finishing volume one, and am now eagerly awaiting volume three. The structure of each book in this series has me super interested in the very beginning and the last ten pages and feeling very meh in the middle once the big cliffhanger ending of the previous book was solved, and my interest was only piqued again by the set up of the newest mystery and the introduction of yet another hamster sect that goes by H.A.M. It is a solidly done book, a bit less gory than volume one, but I did find my attention wandering during the main plot of the book.
In Volume 2 of the Underfoot, the Hamster Aquatic Mercenaries team up with the Hamster Airborne Paratroopers and the Hamster All-Terrain Mountaineers to find priceless Giants-That-Were artifacts and uncover Hashak's evil plan to take over the world.
🌼 This one was very similar to the first, in pacing and action.
🌼 The illustrations were better than the first book and characters were more interesting.
🌼 I also really enjoyed the fact that we learnt more about the Giants-That-Were (humans) in the past and how they met their downfall.
🌼 Overall an interesting read.
I actually enjoyed this volume more than the first. I think the characters are fleshing out a bit more and making the read more interesting. The artwork is even better in this than the first volume. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who likes stories like the Secret of NIHM.
A clever and exciting graphic novel of the post-apocalyptic adventures of a group of genetically enhanced hamsters. I mean, already what more could you ask for, but there indeed is more. This book is witty and keeps you guessing, it adds intrigue to old tropes and has so much heart. It’s truly a pleasure to read and made me want more immediately. This is the second installment and so much is falling into place as far as the mystery of what happened and yet I know there’s so much we don’t know. The clues are scattered all over, I know that already from the first book, but this is just so smart and well crafted, I need more.

This second volume has excellent artwork, just like the first. Team that with a great plotline and excellent characters and this is a fun, unique graphic novel aimed at a middle-grade audience. I really enjoyed it.

I would recommend this for young readers 7 and up.

Thank you NetGalley and Oni Press for this Advanced Reader Copy.
Ruby and the rest of the HAM gang Matriach and all were at it once again saving the day. These hampster covert soldiers were en route on another adventure, which was even more dangerous than before. Their adventures are action-packed and filled with excitement. This adventure was as great or even greater than the first.
This one was very similar to the first, in pacing and action. Again, it was so action-packed, it made me keep flipping the pages. I really liked the art style, it's is reminiscent of typical comic book style art. The plot was just as interesting and action-packed. I liked the addition of Hamster Airborne Paratroopers to the Hamster Aquatic Mercenaries. It was a good read.
A fantastic sequel, and what an ending! I really hope there’s going to be more of this. I love Ruby with all my heart and I hope Mac always protects her like the treasure that she is.
the second volume was just as good as the first one, I Love learning there's more hamster groups where each have Their own idea on what happened to the giants. ruby is my fav character. and this left on a cliffhanger so I can not wait till vol 3
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of The Underfoot: Volume 2 - Into the Sun.

I enjoyed the sequel to this! I have sat and read volume one and two back-to-back as I’ve had both from NetGalley to review.

In volume two, we really get to know the hamsters better! This was a great point for me as I did feel like volume one was a little rushed. There was more character development in this volume, and I felt more connected with the hamsters and their story.

As I did with the first volume, I loved the artwork in this graphic novel! I’m in love with the different breeds of hamsters, and they are all so unique and easy to fall in love with.

Overall I enjoyed this graphic novel! I love the unique concept of post-apocalyptic, superhero, surviving hamsters with awesome friendships and some kick-ass action.
Another brilliant graphic novel in this series - the illustrations are stunning and I would highly recommend this to my KS3 and KS4 students as an introduction into this genre.