Cover Image: The Stranger in the Mirror

The Stranger in the Mirror

Some of the twists in this book are so ridiculous but I loved every single one of them! It was fun, juicy and just plain silly at times. But I loved it, This is an author I will read from again and again.
While it doesn’t end up going a predictable route, the twists in the second half are absolutely ridiculous! Sometimes I enjoy suspension of disbelief, but this was too much. It didn’t entertain me, and it dumbed down the story. The dialogue in the second half is also extremely cheesy. I literally couldn’t stop rolling my eyes. 🙄
2.5 stars
No surprise here, the Constantine sisters have written another A1 thriller.👏

I was really gripped in this from the start. Even though I kind of knew what storyline we were reading, I still didn't know who to trust, who was in the wrong & what the truth could be.
I definitely didn't see that ending coming.

I did find some of the progression points of the story happened a little quick but it didn't negatively impact the reading experience & really added to pace of the book.

This was so suspenseful & really keeps you on the edge of your seat. I couldn't take my eyes of the page for the majority of this book.

Overall, definitely recommend & I gave this 4 stars ⭐

Thank you to Harper Collins, the authors & NetGalley for an eArc of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is a good book, I have read more of this writers books and enjoyed them slightly more.  For me I thought this book was a bit unrelatable and unrealistic and a bit too long.   Thanks to Netgalley for the chance to read this book
Another great read from this extremely talented author.  It took me a while to get into this book but once in I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Well written with good characters and full of twists and surprises.
I can recommend this book and thank you to Netgalley and Harper Collins for allowing me to read this book.
This is a great story full of tension and twists. Good well described characters make it an interesting read. I would definitely recommend it
An intriguing thriller, which grabs you from the off and remains full of twists, suspense, and surprise. Slightly farfetched in parts, which distract a little, but overall a very good read.
Addison should be happy; she’s about to marry a wonderful man. But something is wrong – she has no memory. Two years ago, she was found on the side of the road, unable to remember who she is. Julian has spent the past two years wondering why his loving wife disappeared. She never would have left her family willingly, would she?

Well, Constantine certainly know how to write twisting reads. This book has so much to it, I was breathless as I tried to keep up with it. This offering is not my favourite by Constantine but is still a solid read and I enjoyed it. To begin with, I love the premise; a person with no memory is always going to lead to deception and twists. It felt quite emotional getting to know about Addison as well, she felt real and the pain she was feeling I felt through the pages. Constantine keeps the reader guessing throughout this, just as I thought everything had been revealed, there would be another hint of secrecy and lies and I knew there was more to come. How thrilling.

There is a very strong sense of fear underlying this read, after all what could be more terrifying than not knowing if you can trust those around you? As a reader, this led to a wonderfully intense atmosphere that meant I sat and devoured this read as I needed to know what would happen.

I have already touched on Addison's character being strong and she definitely is! It was easy to get to know her and understand her plus I enjoyed doing so as well. The other characters in this are of course integral to the plot and all bring something to events. As with Addison, I enjoyed getting to know them and seeing how they fit into the plot.

'The Stranger in the Mirror' is another intense, twisting read from Constantine.

Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins UK for an advance copy.
This is another brilliant, twisty thriller from Liv Constantine.
The story line was quick to capture my interest and I was soon engrossed! I've read books by Liv Constantine before so I know nothing is ever as it seems but they always create exciting narratives to keep you guessing.
The characters were strong and gritty; although the story revolves around Cassandra, there are some brilliant supporting characters. I particularly liked Blythe and Gigi.
The premise of this book sounded interesting from the very beginning. It was a quick, easy read and I was surprised by some of the twists. If you are looking for a quick, entertaining read then this is a great book for you! I received a free copy of this book from netgalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.
This was no your garden-variety story of a highly convenient amnesia! The prolific Liv Constantine duo was beyond successful in leading the unsuspecting reader (me...) astray and finally presenting the truth! Highly recommended!
The Stranger in the Mirror, 3.5/5 👭

Addison doesn’t know who she really is, on the cusp of a wedding to a wonderful man Addison is still reckoning with her amnesia. After being saved at the side of the road 2 years earlier she has started to rebuild a life.
Julian is looking for his wife Cassandra who disappeared without a trace two years ago.
As the lives intersect things are about to become explosive.

Another mind bending thriller from duo Liv Constantine, authors of previous book club pick The Last Mrs Parrish. With different perspectives and voices The Stranger in The Mirror constantly leaves you questioning what is real….

Liv Constantine write psychological thrillers that are so easy to be sucked into. The Stranger in the Mirror is no exception, a perfect escape to vanish into.
Addison lost her memory two years ago and wishes she could learn more about her past.  She is celebrating her engagement to her fiancé, Gabriel.  Addison loves to take photographs and is sure it must be something she has always liked to do.  Gabriel’s parents, Blythe and Ted, own a gallery where she will be showing some of her photographs.

Addison was first found wandering around and was rescued by Gigi and Ted who have been like parents to her.  She has occasional terrifying flashbacks but no real memory of her past.

Then there is Dr. Julien Hunter whose wife, Cassandra, vanished two years ago leaving him to care for their young daughter, Valentina.  Is Addison really Cassandra?  If so, what caused her to lose her memory?

This is a book that kept me reading and wondering what could have happened to this young woman who is now so in love with Gabriel.  Could she have been married before and left her own child?  The twists keep coming in this story and my eyes kept getting bigger and bigger.  This story is truly an original and I am so impressed at the amount of research that these authors must have done to present their readers with a tale that will stay with you for a long time.  Prepare for a scary ride because this book offers it.  If you read just one book this year, make it this one.  Wow!  Just wow!!

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
The Stranger In The Mirror - Liv Constantine

This is the first Liv Constantine book I've read and had high hopes after seeing their books frequently praised.

The story of Addison, who was found wandering by the road side with no memory. After being cared for a kindly old couple she eventually starts to build a new life, start a career and fall in love.

A chance encounter with someone from her past life helps her start to remember the person she used to be and the life she's lived, the good and the bad.

I found the setup to be good, amnesiac Addison is charmingly naive and there is a good supporting cast.

When Addison begins to face her past, it just lost it for me. A lot of elements I've read before seemingly jumbled together, then a few twists. I found it lacked in tension, or atmosphere and was sadly disappointed overall.

Thanks to Netgalley and Harper Collins
What a gripping thriller.

This was a very disturbing but good read.

Thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish and could not get enough of.

This is a must read for anyone who enjoys a good thriller!!
Absolutely loved the characters, the plot, the tension -  impossible to put it down.
Certainly recommended!
Took me a while to get into this book but once in I enjoyed it. Well written with good characters even though it didn't keep me on the edge of my seat.

3.5 Stars

I am really torn with this review, it's time like this when I really wish I could click half stars. I devoured this book but it was REALLY over the top but kinda in a campy way. Liv Constantine is a real hit and miss for me but this one is right down the middle. It was sorta like a soap opera with the amnesia/missing wife plot...it was comical in some ways but I couldn't put it down.

The twist wasn't a big surprise for me but the way the story is told kept me on the edge of my seat dying to know what happened and why but I think there was more that I didn't like than I enjoyed so I am going to round down to three stars. I would still read the next by these authors though.
The first half of the book was interesting. The mystery-shrouded around Cassandra and Addison was something to think about. Are these two people? Are they related or are they the same person? The characters' stories were inconsistent in the way that they are never really complete. The first half of the book was all about Addison, Gabriel's and his family, and yet in the second half, they were nowhere to be found. Gabriel's character truly never developed. Each half of the story is connected by Addison and Cassandra, if these two characters were not there it could be two different stories. Although the story started great in the end it lacks the finesse that Liv Constantine usually writes.

Thank you to HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction and NetGalley for letting me read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Since I read The last Mrs. Parrish a few years back I wait anxiously a new Liv Constantine novel each year. Last year I thought The wife stalker was a bit of a cheat with its final twist, but in this case not only I found it unpredictable but absolutely bonkers (good bonkers) and I loved it!

Addison can’t remember her past and for the last two years she’s been living a new life. Julian is looking for her wife Cassandra, who went missing a couple of years back. Could they be the same person?

Even though it may look like this will be the BIG question in the story, it is answered quite early on and then it’s when the cray cray began!

Three POVs, short chapters that leave you wanting more and a surprising twist made of The stranger in the mirror a quite unputdownable read. I’ve reads hundreds of novels about amnesia but I can’t remember one where the reason behind it was so over the top and at the same time worked so well in the plot. Even though there were some details I found a bit unbelievable, I could completely ignore them cause I was having so much fun..

This is exactly what I ask of a psychological thriller, an engaging plot with some unreliable characters and twists that, even wacky, add to the story and are not there only for the shock factor.

And now, do I really have to wait a whole year for their next novel???

Thanks to HarperCollins UK for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.
#TheStrangerInTheMirror #NetGalley
Addison’s about to get married, but she’s not looking forward to the big day. It’s not her fiancé; he’s a wonderful man. It’s because Addison doesn't know who she really is. A few years ago, a kind driver found her bleeding next to a New Jersey highway and rescued her. While her physical wounds healed, Addison’s memory never returned. She doesn’t know her real name. Or how she ended up injured on the side of a road. Or why she can’t shake the notion that she may have done something very, very bad . . .
In a posh home in the Boston suburbs, Julian tries to figure out what happened to his loving, caring wife, Cassandra, who disappeared without a trace two years ago. She would never have left him and their seven-year-old daughter Valentina of her own free will—or would she?
What would happen if these two lives will intersect?
LIV Constantine's writing style is awesome.
Thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK Harper Fiction for giving me an advance copy.