Cover Image: Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point

Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point

I loved this so much,  it was so sweet and charming.  It is set in a cute picturesque seaside town , I loved  the family and community feel so much.  To be fair I absolutely  love a small town romance with a bit of a mystery. I loved the relationship between Jake and Laurie, they had such great chemistry and are so cute. . Looking for an escape this summer, this is definitely a great one

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Aww, this book makes me miss home so much! Not that we have mermaids where I come from (that I’m aware of) but I do come from a small coastal town and there really is such a strong sense of community there. I miss my walks on the beach!

Who doesn’t love a small town romance with a bit of a mystery and the potential for mermaids. It’s just such a lovely feel good book! I binge read this within a day, and although I’m a big reader, that is so very rare!

Love the relationship between Jake and Laurie, who wouldn’t fall in love with these two, the are both so lovely and there’s such great chemistry between them.

If you’re looking for an escapist read this summer that takes you to the beach (somewhere many of us aren’t going to get). Then this is a must read!!

I’m going to be downloading the rest of Sarah Bennet’s books to keep me feeling good throughout the summer!
Well this was most definitely a winner for me.  As a whole it's not too deep and not too heavy, but it evoked some emotional responses and left me with the warm and fuzzies.  I thought it was sweet and charming and delightful.   It is the quintessential summer read and I absolutely loved the family dynamic and community feel.  I want more of each of the characters now that I've fallen in love alongside Laurie and Jake.

My thanks to Boldwood Books for the complimentary copy. It was delightful- which is entirely my own opinion.
This story just didn’t work for me. Everything moved too fast to be plausible. From hello to I love you my darling in a split second. Very odd. Also the mermaid business was frankly unclear and the ending felt quite chopped. The setting was nice so it’s too bad the characters just didn’t work out.
Brilliant heartwarming romantic story following Jake and Laurie.  Made me appreciate living by the sea and had me wishing I could witness Mermaids when out for my walk.  I've not read any of Sarah's books before but honestly can't wait for the next and will be hunting out any previous storys.
Beautiful story set in such a picturesque seaside town. I really enjoyed reading about the developing relationship between Laurie and Jake, they were both quite complex characters but that just made their relationship more believable. The narrative  was quite slow paced at times and the story was predictable but I really enjoyed it. Lovely lighthearted bit of escapism.
I really enjoyed this one. It is a sweet, and easy-to-read book. I love the setting and atmosphere! A good beach read for sure!
A charming, feel-good and uplifting contemporary romance that is simply delightful, it is impossible not to fall in love with Sarah Bennett’s enchanting new novel, Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point.

The small seaside town of Mermaids Point is named after the beautiful creatures rumoured to live in the water a few miles off the top of the point. Café owner Laurie Morgan has heard the mythical stories about these creatures so many times, but with a business to run and her family to keep out of the trouble, she has next to no time to indulge in these fairy stories – or so she thinks. When a hazy image is posted online of what appears to be a mermaid, Laurie’s café is soon overrun with curious sightseers who come to the village in their droves hoping to catch a glimpse of these astonishingly beautiful figures that thus far have only existed in fairy stories.

Jake Smith has also come to Mermaids Point for the summer having rented a cottage in the village while working on his latest book – or so he says. While this is the story he has told the locals, it turns out that Jake is a journalist sent by his editor on a ridiculous mermaid-hunt! Jake thinks he’s got more chance of winning the lottery than of seeing a mermaid with his own eyes, but disillusioned and burned out, he sees this chance to come to Mermaids Point as the opportunity he had been waiting for for some much-needed time out. When Jake had agreed to come to the village, he never imagined that he would find himself drawn into community life – or that he would find himself attracted to the beautiful woman running the local café…

Jake might find himself unable to stop himself from thinking about Laurie, but he mustn’t lose sight of the reason why he is in Mermaids Point. As he begins chasing leads for his story, Jake makes a shocking story that could incriminate Laurie’s family, leaving him torn between pursuing the truth and protecting the woman who has come to mean everything to him.

Will Jake’s job end up costing him his chance at happiness? Or will Mermaids Point end up working its magic on Jake and Laurie and have them both triumphing over all the obstacles standing in the way of their future?

Sarah Bennett has struck gold with Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point! Written with all the wit, warmth and charm that have become her trademarks, Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point is the literary equivalent of a sunny day and a delicious slice of cake all rolled into one. Funny, heartfelt, emotional and dramatic, Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point is an immensely enjoyable tale full of characters you are simply going to love – Laurie and Jake are wonderful characters and in Mermaids Point, Sarah Bennett has created a loveable and eccentric community I would just love to be a part of.

An exceptional romantic read that is simply superb, Sarah Bennett’s latest novel Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point is another winner from this very talented writer.
Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point is a heartwarming fun beach read. The picturesque setting of Mermaids Point is idealistic and makes me want to spend time there.
A blurry picture of a mermaid appears online one day from the seaside town and now the tourist have started flocking in including book author, Jake who falls for cafe owner Laurie .
Laurie's shop is a friendly meeting place and the town's people are so friendly and supportive of each other.
It was fun to see the mystery of the mermaid play out, is she real ?
Sweet and fun book to read!

Pub Date 25 Mar 2021
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
3.35/5 🌟

Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point had a cozy and heart-warming storyline! It was a fast-paced read from the beginning to end. There were a few things that I disliked though~ but I enjoyed reading the book for the most part.

Things I loved :
• The picturesque setting of Mermaids Point was such a treat! It added such a soothing touch to the entire storyline. I am obsessed with cafes, so I longed to be in Laurie's shop all the time while reading the book. 😭 The community spirit of Mermaids Point was one of the highlights of reading the book too!
• The mystery surrounding the mermaid sightings was very intriguing. I loved how the author added a suspense element in a cozy book!
• Laurie's family members were all just sunshine in human form. I loved reading about their relationship dynamics and how they embraced Jake without any hesitation.

Things I didn't like :
• Even though Jake and Laurie's chemistry was amazing, I didn't like the insta-love trope that the book followed. :( I wanted to see more from their relationship. It was very fast-paced for my liking and I just couldn't....catch up and connect to their romance. :(
• The story got a bit too unnecessarily descriptive sometimes. I skimmed through a lot of pages because nothing was happening there except some scenic places + islands being described. The story would have been more enjoyable if it got wrapped up in a shorter timeline, in my opinion.

I definitely recommend reading this one if you're a fan of insta-love trope and fluffy books!
I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley.

Laurie Morgan runs a little bakery/eatery in Memaids Point - a cute little town on the seaside with an love for mermaids that people believe live off the coast.

One morning, a grainy photo of a mermaid appears online and here come the tourists!!  Amongst those tourists is Jake Smith, an "author" looking for material for his book on mythical creatures, especially mermaids.  When Laurie and Jake's paths cross - fireworks!!  However, Laurie has sworn off any romantic interests with any visitors after a devastating heartbreak a few years ago.

Will her resolve hold?  Are the mermaids real - they could be when another photo appears?

I really enjoyed this book and was excited to see it was the start of a new series.  I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Summer Kisses at Mermaid Point was the first book I have read by Sarah Bennett, but it definitely won’t be my last! I found this story warm and engaging, with a great cast of characters and a lovely romance between Laurie and Jake.

I loved the setting of Mermaid Point, and loved the hint of folklore with the possibility of mermaids. I adored the seaside resort feel to the story, and reading it on a cold and gloomy day it really transported me to the warm and sunny seaside location, and it was exactly what I needed. This really is a perfect summer feel-good read.

The mystery surrounding the mermaid sightings was fun and I enjoyed the way in which it developed. I also found myself considering baking some chocolate cherry brownies, which is perhaps bad for my diet, but good for tempting my literary taste buds!

I found the characters really had a good level of depth to them and I am thrilled to find out that this is the first in a series, and we will get to read Nerissa’s story next. I cannot wait to return to Mermaid Point again.

This feel-good summer read will have you dreaming of cakes and mermaids, and honestly, what could be better than that?
I have read and enjoyed one other series by Sarah Bennett. When I saw a new series by her, I had to give it a shot. Firstly, I should confirm that this is a solid romance story. It does not masquerade as anything else. Any other events in the storyline are by-products of and circle back to the love story of the lead protagonists.
We have Laurie, who is settled at Mermaid's point, has solid roots running all the way back to the idea of Mermaid's in the locality. The story she gives of her family history was mildly disturbing as the male ancestor's actions did not seem to be addressed in the narrative at all!
Jake has the opposite issue, he has no roots, and he has drifted as far as possible from the family he once was a part of. The two meet, and the apparent attraction takes hold. Things move fairly quickly, and although the cast of lovable characters was well done, everything seemed to be done in a rush. There was not much of a story to unfold. Even the 'secret' happened quite quickly, and everything connected to it was wrapped up surprisingly fast. Toxic relationships are handled in-between.
I read a fair amount of such stories and have specific pacing that I enjoy, and this was slightly off. Given how I relished the previous encounter with the author's writing, I had much higher expectations from this work. It is not bad, just not what I hoped to get from it - hence the rating. It is a quick, almost one sitting read. I will pick up the next in the series if given a chance since I am still curious about how the story would move forward.
I received an ARC thanks to NetGalley and the publishers, but the review is entirely based on my own reading experience.
This was a lovely , easy paced read with an engaging storyline that flowed comfortably , I was really engrossed after a few pages. The characters were both likeable and relatable and the whole community of Mermaids point was well represented , making the reader feel part of the family .
     A grainy image seemingly showing a mermaid appears online and attracts both the media and tourists to the sleepy coastal village of Mermaids Point
        Laurie Morgan runs the local bakery/ cafe and when she meets Jake it's instant attraction for both of them . Their chemistry sizzles as they spend more time together .Things are not as they seem though, Jake Smith is a journalist who is posing as an author interested in the local legends and folklore to try and get a lead on who posted the video and why. As he gets to  know the whole Morgan family, he starts to feel bad about the lies he's telling .
   This was a fun  and uplifting read and I found myself smiling as the story progresses,
      I thoroughly recommend this book to readers who enjoy Jill mansell and Heidi Swain. I'm definitely looking forward to revisiting Mermaid point with the next book in the series .
As the title suggests, this is a perfect summer read - or a book that will definitely get you in the mood for summer.. The story flowed well, and the descriptions of the area - and the famed Mermaid - were well done and imaginative. This was a lovely books, perfect for reading while on vacation, or to dream about your next vacation.
I have to say it was extremely easy to be pulled into Summer Kisses at Mermaids Point. To be fair this came as no surprise because Sarah Bennett writes the most engaging and gorgeous books. I was smiling away in no time especially loving the flirty banter at Laurie and Jake’s first meeting. I really enjoyed seeing the story play out worrying how it could all go wrong when Jake’s secret would be revealed. Especially as Laurie and Jake had developed this wonderful friendship and chemistry. I was willing them to get their happy ever after. Then you have the side story of the mystery over hazy footage that might or might not show a mermaid. This all adds an extra charm and a little bit of a mysterious edge to the story.

What I will say is that even though I loved Jake and Laurie I adored the connection between all of the characters. From getting to know Laurie’s close knit family to Jake being received by the residents of Mermaids Point in such a friendly way. All of the characters helped to shape such a warm and comforting story. One that felt as if I was meeting and going on to make new friends. The location was just as inviting and it really is a place I wish was real and could visit. Let’s just say that I would definitely be stopping off at Laurie’s cafe!
Laurie runs a café in Mermaids Point and all the business owners there are feeling the pinch. The community needs tourists, and they get their wish when hazy photos of a mermaid start appearing on social media. Jake has just resurfaced after exposing a horrific case of human trafficking, and his editor encourages him to take a much-needed break. And while he is on this break, he might as well find out what's going on with the mermaid-sightings. Jake sets himself up in a cottage at Mermaids Point and tell everybody he is there to write a book.

That was some meet-cute between Jake and Laurie. I couldn't help but smile throughout the encounter.
Jake fell in the trap of feeling guilty about not telling Laurie and her family the truth about himself and trying to find the right time to tell them. And then, of course, he manages to make a huge mess of everything. It didn't help that Laurie had some experience with flaky boyfriends.

Laurie's father and his big personality was my favorite by far. Jake and Laurie and the rest of her family weren't too far behind. I liked the two of them together.

It's a very sweet story of the power of having a supportive family behind you and of finding love when you least expect it.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This was my first read of Sarah Bennett books and what a delightfully charming story so I’m glad it is the start of a series.

We meet Laurie Morgan who is running a seafront cafe next to her parents gift shop. After having her heart broken she is concentrating on the business and with the rumour of a mermaid spotting, the increase in trade.

Then along comes under cover journalist Jake, who quickly finds himself drawn to Laurie but has lied about his reason for being there. Will he put the story or Laurie and her family first?

I loved the dual narration from both Laurie and Jake and they had wonderful chemistry so I was rooting for them to get a happy ever after. The whole Morgan family were a joy to read about, her brother Nick had me at toilet rolls. There was such a warmth about them all, that I was swept into the family like a mermaid to the shore.

The setting of a traditional seaside town was quaint and charming just like the residents themselves. The inclusion of mermaid legends and beautiful names brought some wonderful mythology to the mix.

This is the equivalent of seaside sunshine in book form, all I needed was to feel the sand between my toes.
What a great start to a new series! There are lots of interesting characters to take your attention and a fantastic setting in the rather whimsical Mermaids Point. From the start, you realise that the Morgan family is a formidable force and that Laurie has a grounded background. What a contrast this is to Jake's lonely childhood and dysfunctional childhood. Nevertheless, there is chemistry between them from the first.

I enjoyed the references to the mythical side of the local history. You have to make your own mind up about the mermaids' sightings but there are plenty of theories as to who might be behind them. Another strength of the story is the feeling of community which is created. Jake is initially amazed at the generosity he meets and you realise that itis a warm and inclusive place. Sarah has created a warn and uplifting setting for her next series- I can't wait for the second instalment in the story.

In short:  Family bonds prove to be the strongest.
Thanks to the author for a copy of the book
Laurie lives in Mermaid Point, running the small cafe and living with her parents and brother. One day there is a supposed sighting of a mermaid on the rocks and the small village is hit by an influx of visitors and one of them is seasoned reporter Jake.

Jake has been covering some hard hitting news stories and needed a break so his boss Mac sends him Mermaid hunting ! I have read most of Sarah’s books so I knew I was in for a treat when I received the blog tour invitation.

I immediately fell in love with Mermaids Point and it’s residents, it was just the escapism I needed at this time. The little traditional seaside town was a real trip down memory lane of my seaside holidays as a child, like Jake. Jake moves in to Walker’s Farm under the guise of a writer so he can investigate the mermaid story without being discovered. He soon meets Laurie and she is quite taken with him which surprises her as she normally avoids tourists.

Jake soons realises that there is much more to the mermaid than meets the eye, but he is also quite interested in Laurie too. Who is rumoured to have mermaid blood. All the women in the family are named after mermaids. The village got it’s name because legend has it that mermaids arrive when the village most needs them and after a couple of very lean years of tourism, the sightings have definitely increased the popularity of the village massively. Sadly it doesn’t last and Jake soon finds himself caught up in a big drama which involves Laurie too.

Another gorgeous, warm story from one of my favourite authors. Sarah always writes such likeable and realistic characters and I loved the mermaid angle too which was really unique and interesting. A sunny trip to this gorgeous little village was just what I needed. I am looking forward to the next instalment from this lovely setting.

4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thank you to Rachel at Random Resources for my invitation to the tour and to Boldwood for my e copy of the book via Net Galley in return for a fair and honest review.