Cover Image: Just The Way I Am

Just The Way I Am

This novel had so much promise and it all got washed down the drain immediately. I love novels about people losing their memories, they're my favourite kind of novel, but it was written in such a juvenile fashion, it was just so cringe-worthy, IMO. Like, why wouldn't you lose your memory, and then runaway from hospital AND THEN rock up at the house of the paramedic who helped you? I mean, DUH. That's clearly what ever amnesiac should do. Except it isn't and it's absurd. Even more so when Noah offered to let her stay. Do paramedics not take the Hippocratic oath? It was at that point I just gave up, Jo Watson seems to be a very naive writer, where losing your memory is this fun reason to re-invent yourself, and there's no consequences and it just didn't work for me, unfortunately.
Unfortunately I didn't get on with this book. I felt it was a little slow. I did have high hopes but I just think it wasn't for me rather than the writing and author.
I don't believe I have read another Jo Watson book before but I found her style of writing easy to read and I did enjoy it. I didn't realise this novel was part of a series, it would explain some of the parts which I didn't quite understand but this book could be read as a standalone as in the end everything was explained. It was a sweet read
I have never any Jo Watson before and didn't realise there were two other books in this series until I had finished this book - whilst I don't think you need to have read them to enjoy this one, it did explain a few references that didn't make immediate sense to me as I read it. Overall, it was an easy read and perfect for a few hours of escapism.

An interesting premise, Zoe is in an elevator accident and loses her memory. Starting with a blank canvas, she remembers the kind, attractive paramedic, Noah, who took her to hospital - they become friends initially and he helps her rediscover the world and create a new life.  Romance develops, but as her memory begins to return and she finds out who she really was before the accident, Noah remains by her side as she is forced to re-evaluate her life.  There is a sweet and unexpected twist towards the end which adds an extra dimension to the story.
A bright sparkly read that I raced through in an afternoon while soaking up the rays on the last day of March. Zen or Zoe. One woman. Two faces but which is the real one? It takes Noah, a disgruntled bird and a trip down memory lane. Charming..
4.5 stars

'Just The Way I Am' was the first book by Jo Watson I have ever read, despite me owning all of her books. I probably should have read 'You, Me, Forever' and ' Truly, Madly, Like Me' because all of those books seem to link (which I didn't know until the end of the book) but despite this I do think this book can be read as a standalone if you were only interested in this book. I am glad this was my first Jo Watson book because I adored it so much. It was the perfect mix of cuteness, mystery and humour. I love that this is a self-love story as well as a romance love story. I can't wait to read all of her other books now because this one was just so unbelievably good.

I loved the romance in this book. I loved seeing Noah and Zoe become instant friends and then them falling in love throughout the book. I loved reading all about the adventures that Zoe and Noah go on together and seeing Zoe finally embrace so many experiences that she was never able to have in life. I loved the little plot twist at the end and it made me tear up a little reading that chapter.

I just adored everything about this book. I just wish we got to have a few more scenes of Zoe and Noah actually together in a relationship because I loved the small snippets we got of their life at the end of the book.

I can't wait to read more of Jo Watsons books as I adored everything about this book.

Thank you to Headline Eternal for providing me with an advance copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Whilst I was unsure about this one to start off with, Just The Way I Am was a really fun read, with an extremely chaotic leading lady and an interesting storyline. Jo Watson definitely has a quirky way with her words and and it really shined throughout all of the comedic scenes. I would absolutely recommend this book.
I don't know about this one.

I struggled a little to get through the first 60% or so with Zoe trying to relearn things about herself and then finding out who she really was before the accident. I did feel rather bad for Zoe for a while as she rediscovered what her life had been like for the past seven years at her job and just her life in general.

I'm a romance reader and that bit of this story was slowly being nurtured in the background but it only really started to kick in around the half way mark when Noah came back into the equation again. There were some fun scenes between those two in that second half including a water park and a screamo/death metal rave-slash-gig.

There was the author's usual quirky comedy scenes included too, one of which involved suspected serial killers luring Zoe and Noah to their home during a storm. It was crazy but funny at the same time.

That end bit with the scene from the past was really cute and just sort of wrapped it up nicely.

I did enjoy this but the romance just took too long to start for me, unfortunately.
So I was in the mood for something a little bit joyous and uplifting.  Just the Way I Am was just the right book for me. I read it non-stop this morning in the need to devour this and find out more about Noah, Zoe and everyone else.

I did feel like this was a a story about Zoe finding her feet and deciding what she wants to do with her life. After the accident and having no memory she explores her likes, her dislikes and tries some things for the first time! I loved her relationship with Noah. Without going into too much detail he is considerate, sexy as hell and knows when to say the right thing. He is definitely a man you want in your life when you've lost your memory.

Throughout I laughed and cried. I was with Zoe the whole way through. At times I wanted to shake her and see what I was seeing, at other times I wanted to hi-five her.

This felt like a book that I needed to read. Just the Way I Am is about accepting yourself, about realising that not everything is as it seems. And, no matter what if you want to be come something more, to change, no matter what you can.

This book was so much fun to read! As always check out the other blogs for the other stops, all their Social Media is below.
This wasn’t at all what I expected!! I was expecting a soppy romance but it was so much deeper than that. After getting trapped in an elevator accident, Zoe loses her memory. While trying to piece her life back together, she is excited to find that she loves colour, creativity and super spicy food. She feels in her bones that this is who she used to be so is very surprised to find that when her identity is found, her life is bland, boring and not in the slightest but creative. Zoe works with Noah, an ex paramedic who took her under his wing to find out who she really is. Going along this journey with her is so interesting. You hope that she’s going to adapt to this new life instead of fitting back into her old one. It’s a beautiful story of self discovery. I will definitely be picking up more Jo Watson books!
Jo Watson has been a favourite author of mine for quite some time now, so I had been eagerly anticipating this latest novel.

In this story we meet Zoe, a woman who has been involved in an elevator accident which has left her with memory loss. Although she can’t actually remember her name, she can recall many random facts and can even speak in a language she wasn’t aware she could. Now Zoe has the difficult journey of discovering who she is all over again.

Whilst trying to regain some of her memory, Zoe finds herself being drawn to certain situations for reasons she can’t actually explain. One of the people she finds herself drawn to the most is Noah – the paramedic who was on duty during her accident. Noah makes her feel safe, and that is something she needs now more than ever.

When Zoe finally discovers who she was prior to the accident, she is somewhat shocked by this revelation. The reality of who she is, is far different to the person she had imagined herself to be, and as we come to learn more about this – it is safe to say it is rather emotional!.

This story is enchanting from the start. Zoe is such a likeable character, and you really feel your heart braking for her and her situation. Noah is a truly endearing character within this book. He has a heart of gold, and when a woman he has only met once whilst working appears on his doorstep, he doesn’t hesitate in helping her. He is kind, considerate, and genuinely a nice guy who you really do feel connected to throughout this beautiful story.

Emotional, heart warming and full of charm, this is such a gorgeous story that I didn’t want to end!.

Now a completely blank canvas, with the help of Noah, 'Zoe' is excited to fill her world with colour, creativity and sweet and spicy food. She just knows from the tips of her toes, right to her fleek brows, that these things were all part of her make-up.

But when her identity is traced, the life 'Zoe' was living before the accident bears no resemblance to that of the person she's convinced she is. What happened to make her world so narrow and colourless?

And now she has the chance to start over, is it time to let the real Zoe out?

How cute was this book?! I really enjoyed it. I love this author and her writing style. And of course a good romance. Soooo sweet.
A fab read, the third book in this series.

It starts with Zoe having amnesia and not remembering anything including who she is. Paramedic Noah is transporting her to hospital and although she doesn't remember why she knows she hates hospitals and escapes as soon as she can. With no idea where to go she heads to Noah's and although he is reluctant he agrees to let he stay while the police try and work out her identity.

Will she like the person she used to be and how will life go when she starts to remember who she is.

I was not expecting what happens towards the end of the book!
This has been one of my favourite reads of 2021 so far and probably my favourite Netgalley books ever!

I loved the journey that Zoe went on to find herself and this story was full of so many turns on her identity journey that I was gripped the whole way through.

LOVE LOVE LOVED it!

I'll be sharing my full review on instagram on Sunday as part of the blog tour and can't wait to recommend away!!
Just the way I am
By jo Watson
Pub Date 16 March 2021
This book is a sensational read I enjoyed so much my new favourite. If you only read one book a month this book will be for you I’ve read a few jo Watson books and I love  her writing style is so easy to read you hooked from page one I couldn’t put it down and the cover so pretty. I loved the chemistry between Zoe and Noah it was amazing. And Zoe character is a strong business woman with plenty of money nice apartment till she loses her memory in a accident and Noah the paramedic helps her gain her memory back and she learn what food she like she loves coffee and not many people like her and Noah character is amazing he cares for Zoe and wants to help her he caring and charming and fun  This book everyone should read I know you enjoy it.
'Zoe' is caught in a dramatic accident which results in her being scooped up by an attractive paramedic in Noah. As her accident causes amnesia 'Zoe' has to recover her memories and sense of self whilst living her life. Boundaries are put under pressure as 'Zoe' is housed by Noah, as they go on a journey to discover who she was before the accident. The big twist at the end was brilliant and surprising.
Just the way I am by Jo Watson a special five-star read. This one just had that extra something special, not just Noah and his empathy or Zoe and her random facts that popped up and just made me smile. Zoe’s brain was protecting her, and you can’t help but wonder what it was and the way the story reveals details like flowers unfurling and revealing the truth behind who Zoe was before the accident that meant she forgot. The problem is flowers unfurling isn’t always pretty like we imagine, there is a flower that I believe blooms once a year and smells truly awful, in some ways the memory is like that. It may be beautiful in some ways but terrible in others. This was such a great story and showed us the great difference between empathy and sympathy as Noah shows so much empathy he really does show a great manner about how people should behave.
Just The Way I Am - Jo Watson

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review thanks to Headline Eternal and Netgalley.

'Zoe' is having a very bad day. As if getting trapped in a faulty elevator wasn't bad enough, losing her memory has made it much worse. If there's one piece of luck, it's that the paramedic on the scene, Noah, is both kind and a handsome distraction...

*I read this book as a standalone*

I don’t think I have ever read a book, where after a few chapters the reader is completely in the dark about the main character. In a unique twist, the reader learns about ‘Zoe’ as she learns about herself.

‘Zoe’ works with Noah to try and create her new life, but when her memories begin to return which life will she choose?This is a beautifully written story about self-discovery, second chances and love.

I have never read a book by Jo Watson, but after reading this one I will be adding more books to my never ending TBR pile.

Rating 4/5
‘Zoe’ wakes up to absolutely no memory of who she is, how old she is or even what her name is! The only thing she can cling to is Noah the paramedic - the one who squeezed her hand when she was slipping in and out of consciousness after the accident. The story takes us on the journey of ‘Zoe’ finding herself, not necessarily who she was but who she should be.

I’ve read a Jo Watson before, the Great Ex-scape and I loved it! This one did not disappoint - I loved the characters - Noah & ‘Zoe’ I don’t think anyone could read this and not fall in love with either of them. I couldn’t wait to find out what ‘Zoe’s’ brain was protecting her from, so many possibilities went through my mind. Honestly the unexpected full circle moment at the end did make me shed a tear. I loved it - and will definitely be added Becca’s & Frankie’s stories to my never ending TBR!

This cemented it for me - Jo Watson is an automatic purchase no questions asked!
After reading You, Me, Forever I couldn’t wait to read another Jo Watson book.. and as soon as I saw I could wish for the new one on NetGalley I was straight on to it and SO happy when my wish was granted.

This book was wonderful! I loved everything about it, how it linked from You, Me, Forever.. the faulty elevator. Memory loss.. this is Zoe’s story.

I enjoyed reading about ‘Zoe’ and how she got through the accident, losing her memory and not knowing who she was, where she was and not remembering anything about her life... Noah the paramedic being at the scene of the accident, let’s just say he changed a lot of things.

One thing I really did like throughout is the random facts that Zoe remembered. Definitely some interesting ones!

I loved the whole story between Zoe and Noah, he’s definitely a wonderful and caring character. Reading about how their relationship grows and how Zoe relives her life with lots of happiness and colour was so lovely and uplifting.

The ending was just lovely, the card she made, bringing a flood of memories back, but for who? I would definitely recommend  this, a lovely romance with added humour!