Cover Image: Leave the Lights On

Leave the Lights On

This is a decent thriller about a woman's fear of her 'smart home'.

Joe and Lauren move into their prototype smart home, which does everything from heat the floors and source the mood lighting, to boil water from the tap and play music from speakers hidden within the walls. But, Lauren doesn't feel safe there and she has reason to be scared. Someone is watching her, but who and why?

There's nothing particularly new in the telling of this, but, it's an enjoyable, easy read.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the opportunity to preview.
I really enjoyed this book! It kept me hooked until the very end. So many twists and turns, it was so hard to put it down! I read it in two days. I would like to read more from this author.
I really enjoyed this book and was hooked from the first page and couldn’t leave it down, loads of twists and turns to keep one guessing x
Would you ever live in a Smart Home?  Where everything can be controlled by an App or AI?

After reading this story, I can tell you that I probably never will.

This book is great at making you feel uncomfortable and question everything you have just read. Great story!
A new author for me, took me a while to get into this book but once I got into it I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Full of suspense, not an 'edge of seater' for me but a good well written book with interesting characters.

Thank you to Netgalley and Little Brown B.G. for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
Thank you to Netgalley and Little Brown Book Group UK for the arc of Leave the Lights On by Egan Hughes.

5 star read-  This is my first book from Egan Hughes and this follows Joe's dream which is a smart home, which is actually a posh cottage in which everything from lighting to even locks are all controlled from a simple app on your device everything is controlled by this app nothing is manual.  This sounds modern right.. Lauren just wants joe to be happy and enjoy himself after all she did to him.. not spoiling what she did..  but because it is all dependent on technology and Lauren doesn't like that she keeps that to herself and don't tell him this...  then some things happen which they think may be ghosts or something but this worries lauren as to think is her past catching up to her/found her....

This is a must read it was so interesting, gripping and had me at the end of your seat, wasnt expecting this to happen.

Highly recommend
5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
#LeaveTheLightsOn #NetGalley.
Wow. All the wow's. Gripping.
Joe's dream. A remote cottage where everything - from the lighting to the locks - is controlled through an app. It's the perfect blend of old-world charm and modern convenience. What better place for them to escape after all Lauren's trauma?
Lauren desperately wants Joe to be happy after all she's put him through, so she doesn't tell him how much she hates being so dependent on technology. How vulnerable it makes them.
Thanks to NetGalley and Sphere for giving me an advanced copy.
This book has the creepiest premise which is not of the smart home.  A smart home is home that is basically run by technology which many of us live in now.  What transpires is a sinister thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page wondering are you truly safe at home.