Cover Image: Her Revenge

Her Revenge

Scarlet Drew is 18 and considering heading off to university despite her father's wish that she join the family business. When he is murdered, she decides to avenge his death and throws herself into the family firm and criminal underworld. Does she have what it takes to find his killer and prove her strength...?
Her Revenge is a gripping read. Gritty and authentic, brutal and uncompromising yet also emotional and with a strong sense of family values.
The plot itself centres around the choices of the Drew family. Ronan and Lily run a legitimate business as a front for illegal activities including money laundering. Lily's twin sons provide the muscle to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies but they don't have the brains to lead the operation. Ronan hopes his daughter Scarlet will join him but she wants to head to uni instead.
Scarlet is an interesting character as she develops over the course of the book, becoming more confident. She is intelligent but initially lacks the force of personality and experience needed to cope in the criminal underworld. Scarlet wants to prove herself a worthy successor to her father and well as being a strong leader in her own right by avenging his death.
For me, Lily is the best character in the whole book. Lily is scary but the sort of person you would want fighting your corner. She has a strict code of conduct for business but softens for family and anyone vulnerable. Her own vulnerability is highlighted by her response to her daughter's drug addiction and troublesome behaviour.
The drama is high and relentless. I was completely swept up in the Drew family saga and I am assuming there will be further instalments in the near future.
Another crime dynasty, the Tyler family, feature in this book and I was pleased to meet them again after their wonderful stories in Emma Tallon's books that I have previously reviewed (Fearless Girl, Ruthless Girl). Her Revenge was a brilliant book and I think I might be becoming a crime drama addict!
Last year Emma broke my heart with the ending of her amazing Tyler Family series and I didn’t think I would be able to recover. Ok. so I might be acting a bit melodramatic here but it is a fantastic series. (if you haven’t already, you need to check it out!) Anyway, I am pleased to say that she mended my heart and put it right back together with a brilliant start to a new series with Her Revenge.

Emma Tallon is one author that really does bring the gritty crime thriller genre to life so well and with each book you feel you are part of the action. Her Revenge is no exception. Right off the bat I was caught up and tangled in its web unable to tear myself away until that last page. Action packed and full of tension and suspense this is a first class read.

With a cast that consists of already memorable characters for me, I can’t wait to see how they develop over the course of the series. Fierce, feisty and oh so mighty, these women are bad ass all the way and I loved them! Emma Tallon has done such a great job with their creation and has brought them to life beautifully.

Her Revenge is a super fast paced read that will have you flicking the pages long into the night. It is superbly written and I can’t wait to read more. It was a pleasure to read and review Her Revenge, which I highly recommend.

Thank you to Emma Tallon, Bookouture and NetGalley for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Her Revenge, which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
As a huge Martina Cole fan this was right up my street. This is the first Installment in the Drew Family Series. I love a storyline based in the underworld. I also love a strong female character and this one delivers that and more as Lilly Drew is the head of the family empire. Really liked all the characters - the family unity really poured from the book but yet you wouldn’t take them for fools as there a force to be reckoned with. I was hooked from the beginning and couldn’t stop turning the pages. I’ll wait patiently for the next Installment as I’ll definitely be reading. If you love the underworld, family unity, drama and skulduggery then give this a read.
Thanks to Netgalley, Emma Tallon and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this ARC that was published on the 22nd of March.
Wow! She’s done it again. Firstly, I love the fact that this book is set in the same world as the Tyler family series but follows a slightly different trajectory.

One thing that definitely hasn’t changed  is the gripping and fast paced nature of the stories Emma writes. The opening is designed to shock, as we see a little girl bear witness to something that we would all want her to be protected from, and the action just keeps on increasing from there really! The short chapters and cliff hanger endings really help to sustain the explosive and action-packed pace of the opening of the novel.

I have loved the strong female characters created and developed in this book. Of course, I’m missing Freddie, who was the gang leader in the Tyler family series, but I have loved the strong female leads here. My favourite character was probably Scarlet. I felt like the way her journey was described made her easy to identify with. Though she is a valued member of the family, as far as the business is concerned, she is an outsider looking in and I enjoyed seeing things from her perspective. I just loved the way she handled every situation she was thrown into, and the way she carried herself. She is clearly a clever, loyal and stubborn girl who knows what she wants. I also wouldn’t like to cross Lily in a dark alley!

There were a number of unexpected and shocking twists which really add fuel to the fire of this book, which as I’ve said is explosive and gripping from the opening pages.

Another undoubtedly five star read from Emma Tallon, and one I would recommend to fans of gangland crime thrillers.
It's great to read such a family centric narrative, organised crime is nothing new but it's often easy to forget about the people running such a criminal outlet.

Reading about Scarlett and her family was interesting and helped give some realism to the tale,  but I'll admit it was almost too heavy a focus on family dynamics for me.
I'm sorry to say that it was hard to stay motivated to keep reading, despite enjoying the characters, as I felt like the story was taking too long to really build.
I absolutely loved the Tyler family series, and the Drew family look like they are going to be just as exciting to read. If the crime world is your genre then Emma Talon is an author not to be missed. In this first book we start to get to know the Drew family. Unfortunately things aren’t all plain sailing for them, but you’ll love reading how they go about solving their problems. If you’ve read the Tyler series you will also see characters you already know pop up too. I highly recommend this book and give it a well deserved five stars. If you get this book you won’t be disappointed. I can’t wait for the next book in the series well done Emma.
If you read Emma Tallon's other series, Anna Davis, then run out nd get your hand on this book. Emma did it again with a crime family and actually threw in Anna Davis and Freddie Tyler from that series. I was sad when Emma ended that series but oh man she sucked me right in with this series and I can't wait for the next book.
Lily Drew and her brother Ronan are crime family, set in London. Lily has twin sons who are also in the family business and now Ronan's daughter, Scarlet. Scarlet is tough and had to be growing up in this family. When a family member dies she steps up to help.
Lily has daughter, Ruby who is always begging for money to get her next fix and thinks she is due for all the handouts.
We have 2 strong women in this family and won't let anyone bring them down.
Thank you Emma Tallon for another awesome book.
Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for the ARC to review.
This is the start of a new series from Emma Tallon.

Scarlett Drew is a well thought out character who is strong and independent. She grows into her character as the story goes on.

The story is fast paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

This is a gritty crime thriller set in London.

Loved it!
Her Revenge by Emma Tallon is a new gangland crime thriller series from this seriously talented author. I always loved Emma's work and I wasn't expecting to love this one any less, I was right!
We meet the Drews, a notorious gang from London. One of them is murdered by a rival gang Lily steps up and pulls the family back together. Scarlett, Lily's niece has a choice to make university or join the Firm. She makes the decision to go into the Firm and give up her dreams of making something of herself. Scarlett realises it won't be an easy path but one which she must travel...bit will she have what it takes?
After Emma's previous series which I thought was brilliant, I went into this one with an open mind. I knew Emma would bring a new family with their own trials and tribulations and hoped it would tick all the Emma Tallon boxes. It did! A brilliant mix of the grit that belongs with gang crime thrillers along with a touch of psychological thriller too. It was nice to catch up with some of the older characters as well as the fresh blood a new family brings.
I thought Lily a brilliant character, she has that spine made of steel which brings us a women who is someone to be reckoned with, love her. Emma has done it again, her writing can be brutal but real and she has the knack of pulling you in and keeping you there until long after you have finished the book. I am certainly looking forward to the next book.
Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for the copy of Emma's book.
This is the second book of Emma Tallon’s that I have read and I will definitely be reading more. It’s great to have a feisty, strong female boss as the lead character in a story and Her Revenge has that and definitely has the potential for follow up books in the series.

This was definitely a fast read and had lots of twists and turns and rival families posing a threat to the Drews. I’d highly recommend this book to anyone else that loves books by Jessie Keane, Martina Cole and Jacqui Rose.
I'm giving this story 4 stars on Amazon because of how well written it was.  I liked it but with some reservations.  That reservation being that while I liked it, it wasn't necessarily a favorite.
The people in the story were well drawn as was the world that they lived in.  Scarlet's  twin cousins were good at what they did but they could also be a bit of wild cards.  They would do impulsive, reckless things at times.   And the one that they pull later in the book is insanely, crazy dangerous.  Like it could get you killed, painfully and not just them.  But it would wipe out the WHOLE family.
Scarlet  was a great main character as was her aunt Lily.  There is plenty of drama when it comes to Scarlet's mom NOT wanting her in her father's dangerous business.
Lily's daughter shows up in the story to add bitterness and strife to the family.
Many questions are answered when it comes to who murdered Ronan Drew.  But there is also a surprise waiting in a family twist at the end.

"I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Her Revenge is the first instalment in the Drew Crime Family series, set in and around London. The book opens with a little girl, Scarlet, being woken up by a loud scream in the middle of the night coming from downstairs. She sneaks quietly over to the stairs and peers through the gaps in the bannister; she sees her father, Ronan, bleeding profusely from his hand. Forty five year old Lily Drew, Scarlet's Aunt, suddenly appears in the kitchen and requests a bottle of vodka, clean towels and a sewing kit to sort out the wound. Wondering exactly how this happened Scarlet sneaks down a few more stairs so she can see into the living room. There she discovers a man trussed up in a heap by the fireplace. There was a gag in his mouth, but as she watched, he wriggled and writhed, trying to free himself from his bindings. Lily decides that the hostage has seen too much and laughs at him for believing he could take out THE Ronan Drew. Taking out a gun from his pocket, one of Scarlet's twin cousins hands the gun complete with silencer to his mother, Lily. It doesn't take long before the man is shot dead by a bullet to the head. Fast forward to ten years later and it's sixth form graduation day and 18-year-old Scarlet is celebrating the fact that she was accepted to study at her first choice of university, St Andrews in Fife, Scotland, to study business. Her mother, Cath, is overjoyed and hopes that Scarlet will decide to head off to uni while Ronan really wants her to join the family business — a new face to help run the Drew Family gang currently under the control of Scarlet’s fierce Aunt Lily and her father.

The Drews run a factory that creates small plastic parts for pipework but in reality this was a front, a legal channel to launder the money they were making from their less legal enterprises. Scarlet had accepted the place a while ago but was putting off telling her father as due to being Ronan and Cath’s only child and heir to his part of the Drew empire, she knew he would be crushed by the news. The family - Face of the firm Ronan and Cath, Lily, the Queen Bee, and her 25-year-old twin boys Connor and Cillian, who provide the firm’s muscle - head off to watch the graduation ceremony. A short time later the Drews get a visit from the police at 2AM one morning and inform Cath that Ronan has been found dead earlier that evening with his throat slit. This prompts Scarlet to make the decision to join the firm to seek out revenge for his brutal murder. She and Lily go through a list of their enemies and find no promising or possible suspects so their attention turns to their allies. Because in the fickle gangland world enemies can masquerade as allies or their allegiances can change in the blink of an eye. Who killed Ronan and can the Drews deliver their comeuppance? This is a riveting and compulsive start to the series and an introduction to a fascinating family who are into some deep and dark business in the criminal and gangland underworlds. Within the first page or two you are reeled in and fully immersed in the story making it difficult to put it down. It's fast-paced, twisty, action-packed and full of tense, heart in your mouth moments that leave you breathless. Roll on book two. Highly recommended.
WoW what a book this one was! Her Revenge is the perfect Thriller! This fast-paced thrill will have you hanging on every word. The characters were amazing! And the writing was done so perfectly.
Emma Tallon and Bookouture never disappoint and they certainly have not done this time with everything you would expect from a gritty, gangland drama. I have noticed recently that this genre is creating such a rich blend of drama, action and psychological thriller and in this wonderful book we meet two very strong, powerful gangland women. The book covers a wide range of issues that you will question and think about even after finishing the book. This includes things like drug abuse, grief depression, alcohol abuse and also asks the question are people born to be cruel and violent or is this something that is created from events they have seen in their early years.
The book does cover some serious crime and a little bad language but nothing that you would not expect in this kind of book.
The characters grow on you as you read the book and as this is the first book in the series I can see what great things the author must have planned for future books and I cannot wait to read the next book.
All gritty crime fiction fans will be queuing up to buy this (well, queuing up on the websites for now) :-)
Many thanks to NetGalley, Bookouture and Emma Tallon for providing me with an electronic advanced review copy of this book in return for an honest, unbiased review.
Sorry but this wasn’t for me. It’s not what I expect and was a little over the top for me. Heard so many good things about this book but each to their own
This is the first book in a new series by this author.  I’ve read the previous series and loved it, so was curious as to how this one would pan out.  I needn’t have worried as straight away the author hooked me in with her gritty writing and tough ballsy characters.  In this book we meet the Drews, a tough gangster family based in London.  Ronan Drew and his sister Lily run the family empire and are certainly not to be messed with!  When tragedy strikes the family, Ronan’s daughter Scarlet vows to exact her revenge.

I really liked this book and thought it was a great start to the series.  As with the previous books, this author is brilliant at pulling you into the story very early, ensuring that you are glued to the pages for fear of missing something.  I liked Scarlet’s character but I couldn’t decide whether I wanted her to carry on with her studies or take up her post in the family business.  She seemed too meek and mild to be a hard-nosed gangster, but as the book moved on, I began to realise she was certainly a chip off the old block!  I really liked Lily’s character as well, and pictured her as a modern-day Aunt Polly from Peaky Blinders!  Despite being someone you didn’t cross, her family could do no wrong, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the next book with regards to her wayward daughter.

The story was fast paced and held my attention throughout.  As with this genre of book, the story is tough and violent and the characters are dangerous!  The slight crossover between this book and the Tyler family from the previous books was fabulous, and I hope in future this happens again. It does feature references to drugs, guns, money laundering, violence plus much more, so has everything you would expect from a book of this genre!  Have I got over the ending of the Tyler family series?  I definitely have now that the Drew family are on the block!  I can’t wait for the next book to carry on the story!  Would highly recommend!
I’d like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘Her Revenge’ by Emma Tallon in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Scarlet is the daughter of well-respected Ronan Drew who, with his sister Lily, head the notorious London gangsters the Drews.  Although Scarlet intends going to St Andrew’s University in Scotland as soon as she leaves school, when her father is murdered in cold blood she joins her aunt Lily and cousins Connor and Cillian to run the family business.  The police don’t appear to be making any headway in identifying Ronan’s killer so the Drews will have to find him themselves.

‘Her Revenge’ is the gritty story of London gangsters and although I thought it slow to start it did gradually become more interesting as a rival tries to take parts of their business for himself and Scarlet’s drug-addicted cousin Ruby makes an appearance.  There’s drama, intrigue and twists and turns, and although not as much action as I’d been expecting, the plot is involving and kept me reading late into the night.
A brilliant start to a new series.
As a huge fan of the Freddie and Anna series I was a bit worried about a new series but I loved it!
Lily and Ronan Drew have several businesses that they run, and as you’ve probably guessed, not all of it is run on the right side of the law.
Set in London and with family very much at it’s centre this book introduces us to the Drews and their business dealings.
Scarlet has just finished sixth form and needs to decide if she’s going to take the place offered at University or whether she will join the family firm. She’s got reasons to do both but is finding it hard to decide until something happens that makes her mind up for her.
You wouldn’t mess with Lily and she sees a strength in Scarlet that means she’d be a great asset to the family firm.
There’s a great sense of family in this book but the threat of violence from those that want what they have is also very much present.
This is a great read and I can’t wait to find out what’s next for this family.
Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.
The Drew family are notorious in London with Ronan and Lily as heads of the family.

Lily has 3 children twin son's Connor and Cillian, who provide the muscle of the firm, and daughter Ruby who is a loose cannon, she only contacts her mother when she wants money which worries and hurts Lily very much.

Ronan and Cath have an only child Scarlet, who being brainy has opted out of the family business and is off to Scotland St Andrews university much to Cath's delight, she didn't want her daughter to be involved in the firm that Ronan and lily have built up from the ground and who is feared by all.

When a member of the family is murdered the whole family is thrown into shock and great sadness. Now Scarlet has a decision to make does she join the family firm, or does she follow her dreams and go off to university?

What a cracking book, it draws you in from the first page, It was great to catch up with older characters and welcome the introduction of new, making the story fresh and interesting.  Fantastic gangland book, by a great and good storytelling author.
Thank you, NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this brilliant book. xx
Scarlet Drew isn't to be messed with. She's the daughter of a notorious London gangster. But when the most important person in Scarlet's life is murdered in cold b;lood on the East End streets, she can only think of one thing - revenge.

Scarlet's aunt Lily is fierce, straight talking forv to be reckoned with. As head of the family firm and Queen of London's underworld, she welcomes her niece into the business and swears to get revenge. But someone is out to take down the Drew family empire.

Scarlet was contemplating telling her father she was going to university at St. Andrews but she never got the chance to pick the right moment. Now, she knew she couldn't leave her mother. So she joins the family firm with her aunt Lily and her twin sons. What a terrific start to this new series. I was
also pleased to see a couple of characters from previous books. The pace was fast and there was quite a lot going on in the book. It's a gritty and grippping page turner and i couldn't put it down. I think i'm going to like the Drew family. I'm looking forward to reading what they get up to next. I highly recommend this book. You won't be disappointed.

I would ;like to thank #NetGalley, #Bookouture and the author #EmmaTallon for my ARC of #HerRevenge in exchange for an honest review.