I found Three Weddings and a Proposal by Sheila O’Flanagan a little boring and left me feeling disappointed. I usually love all her books but I felt this story was a bit slow and I didn’t enjoy it. Hopefully her next book will grip me better.
Absolutely love Sheila O'Flanagan''s book and this one was no exception. A good story, engaging characters, and quite simply a good way to kill a few hours. I'd definitely recommend this.
A great summer read.

Delphie is a executive assistant to Conrad, she would do any thing for him.  She has just finished the bidding in a very expensive bracelet for his girlfriend and flies it to his home in Spain.  The one weekend she takes off, the unimaginable happens.  Delphie’s family wants her to settle down as they don’t want her to be alone, will she find the love of her life?

The story has leading woman who are strong, happy individuals with high powered jobs.  They are all described perfectly and the detailing in the book is fantastic.  Another great book by Sheila O’Flanagan.
Enjoyed this book
Another of Sheila’s books which are so easy to read
Been reading her books for years and never disappoints
Thanks NetGalley
A wonderful story set in some amazing places, the descriptiveness and the in-depth way the characters were described, sucked me in.

The main character Delphie is extremely likeable, I found I was just waiting for her to get a break - I loved that her narrative wasn’t negative (and it so easily could of been)

I was really sad when I came to the end and it’s made me want to read all of Sheila O’flanagan’s back catalogue.
A really enthralling book that keeps you guessing as to where it wil take you next. I was fully engaged with Delphie, the main character and couldn't wait to find out where the author would lead her. So nice to have a strong female character who isn't totally predictable! A brilliant read
I really enjoyed this book,  it was a nice easy read but one that kept my interest the whole way through.
Thank you to #NetGalley for allowing me to read this book.
I have read everyone of Sheila O’Flanaghans books and was looking forward to this one.
It is a light read but not up to the usual standard I expect from this author. I was not totally engrossed as I have been with the other books.
This was a really enjoyable read.
Sheila O’Flanagan writes as if she is talking to you as a friend and it’s very easy to get into the lives of the characters and the story flows very well. This story touches on lots of life’s dilemmas - work/life balance, love and relationships, life and death, family dynamics and dealing with the expectations of others.
Overall a very good book that I rated 4 stars and would recommend as a great summer read.
I absolutely adore Sheila O’Flanagan, she is one of my favourite authors and in my eyes is unable to write a bad book. This might even be my new favourite.

Delphie is a fantastic main character and we see her needing a date for her brother’s wedding. After a lucky encounter with her ex, she succeeds in this. As a reader we then see her life turned upside down. She is a character that I definitely want to be friends with.

This is another beautifully written novel which will completely capture you as a reader. It is easy to become completely immersed in this book and this is perfect for a lazy day at home or holiday read.

This is a book I’ve saved for when I’ve needed to become lost in one of my favourites. It has not disappointed and definitely pulled me out of a slump. I feel the characters and events have been brought to life in the pages of this magnificent book.

This is a book that has been an easy read and one that has been filled with wonderful characters and events to keep you hooked. I have been completely absorbed in this fantastic book and have devoured this in just one sitting. I am absolutely waiting to see what Sheila has in store for us next. I have absolutely no doubt it will be a fabulous read. This is a definite five star read. Definitely one to add to the TBR.
'Three Weddings and a Proposal' by Sheila O'Flanagan is just a joy to read! A brilliant example of why Sheila O'Flanagan is one of the leading lights in women's fiction. Her storytelling is so skilled that I am immediately at one with Delphie, the main character - seeing things through her eyes almost.
 'Three Weddings and a Proposal is a story of family, friendship, love and life. We meet
Delphie Mertens who is a career girl at heart, her senior role at investment company Cosecha, working closely with the CEO Conrad is her dream come true. On a personal level her life is more or less perfect,she isn't overly worried about romance at the moment. As part of a large Irish family she leaves the marriages and children to everyone else and she takes no notice of the nagging of her family. When she has to find her plus one to take to her brother Andre’s wedding. She is thrown off balance by an ex appearing and an unexpected tragedy. Delphie thinks it maybe time to put romance back on the table. She realises slowly that maybe she is in control of her own life and destiny.
This is a story with such strong women characters who show us that we don't neccessarily need to just be raising children and putting tea on the table just to be happy.  You can stand strong and forge your own path however you want it. Delphie is that strong woman who has resisted pressure and is all the better for it. I can't say a wrong word about Sheila O'Flanagan's newest story. She has a cohort of characters, all vibrant and well created, a really strong plotline that has you laughing, crying and all the things inbetween. A book for losing yourself in on a wet weekend or for reading on a summer holiday. A beautiful, well told story.
Many thanks to Anne Cater of Random Things Tours and to Netgalley for my copy of the book
When Delphine receives a phone call, while at her brothers wedding, her whole world is turned upside down. We follow her story as she seems set to loose everything she has worked so hard to get, but are the changes really blessings in disguise for her future.

I really enjoyed this book, the author develops the story well, and you feel like you really get to know all the characters. There are twists you aren’t expecting, which just keeps you even more engaged in the book. The storyline of this book is quite different to anything I have read recently which is always refreshing.

I look forward to reading more from this author.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publishers and most importantly the author, for the chance to read this book, in exchange for an honest review.
A great read, really enjoyed it. The story had me hooked from the beginning
Delphie is a successful, independent woman who appears to have it all, a great career, her own home and a great family. When tragedy strikes we follow the trials and tribulations that come with it.

From the title I thought that the book would be focussed around the weddings but although a major part of the story they are not the basis of the story.

The story shows real friendship and support as well as some twists and turns and the ending was quite different and not expected.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this book
The main themes to this book for me are: Can we have it all? Is success subjective to a person?

Delphie has the perfect life. Executive assistant to her billionaire boss, gorgeous home, jet set lifestyle, and a caring and loving family. But then she gets a phone call in the middle of a wedding that changes everything for her? This coupled with bumping into the one that got away, Ed, makes her wonder if she’s actually happy with the path she is on?

I really admired Delphie as a main character. She was strong, ambitious and ballsy and stuck to her guns. Every one has that panic of ‘am I on the right path?’ And I really enjoyed following her journey to figuring this out. Shelia is an amazing author and always writes such poignant female characters and amazing narratives
I am a huge fan of this author and love all her books but I was a little disappointed in this one.
I found the storyline which was largely set around Delphiie’s corporate career. This plot may appeal to other readers but I found it unappealing personally.

I did love how the book explored the idea that Delphie does not feel compelled to follow the path which is expected of her. She strikes out and decides to choose what will make her happy.

This book was a relaxing read for me. I found the pace engaged me but I did feel as if something was missing for me.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for my chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
What a lovely book this is. Delphie has a wonderful job that she loves until her world comes crashing down with the untimely death of her boss. and following that, the death of her grandmother. However, she picks herself up whilst at the same time working out what will make her happy. Sheila's best book to date.
I am always incredibly excited when I hear about a new Sheila O’Flanagan book, so as soon as I was given the opportunity to review this latest release of hers I jumped at the chance.

Delphine is having a wonderful time at her brother’s wedding, in fact – the only thing that could make this day better would be if her family stopped reading so much in to the plus one she brought along with her. All Delphine really wants is for her family to recognise how much she has achieved on her own, despite the lack of romance in her life.

But then a phone call changes everything, and Delphine finds herself questioning everything that she thought she knew about herself. Now she finds herself having to face the possibility of not being able to continue living her dream, and the reality of not settling for anything less than perfect seems to be slipping pout of her control.

With another two weddings coming up, Delphine is given plenty to think about. Are her family right in suggesting that settling down is the way to go?. Delphine can’t help but feel that she should be able to have it all, a successful career and a happy marriage – but is it really something achievable.

This is one of those stories you become invested in right from the start. Delphine is such a delightful character that you connect with instantly. She is a very capable, strong headed woman who knows what she wants – and deserves – from life, despite her families interferences. Once again Sheila O’Flanagan has provided us with a story full of intriguing characters that are thoroughly believable and relatable in many ways, along with having several storylines interwoven throughout the book, allowing us to get to know the characters on a much deeper level.

I adored everything about this book. With a beautifully written storyline and a cast of colourful characters, this is a must read and a book I will be highly recommending to others.
I read my first book by author Sheila O’Flanaghan 22 long years ago when I was just a young student embarking on university life. So I felt honoured to have the opportunity to read an advanced copy of her latest book ‘Three Weddings and a Proposal’ thanks to NetGalley and Headline Review.

I love a good story and as expected this book did not fail to deliver. We meet workaholic Delphie as she prepares to attend her brothers wedding alone. Whilst she is happy as she is this event makes her feel under pressure to explain her lifestyle choices to her family. A chance encounter with ‘the one who who got away’ combined with a big shock set the scene for this tale to unfold.

An uplifting story that is perfection in escapism with well developed characters, a very entertaining read.
I must admit, when I see a Sheila O'Flanaghan book I just grab it. I'm currently reading through her other novels. There's just something so relaxing about her books that I really enjoy and obsess about the next find.

So here I am with 3 weddings and a proposal. I was sinking a bit about half way when it was getting a bit over my head with business stuff so for that I still have another book of Sheila's as my favourite.  Still.. this was a good SO'F book without a doubt.

A lovely family surrounds our main character which is just adorable. There is travel involved so you're not stuck in Dublin aĺ the time. Glorious Majorca is the destination and Palma's heat is very much required at the moment so it was greatly described.  An old flame makes an appearance too which also helps the storyline along. A will they won't they relationship. How exciting.

An ending I wasn't expecting which most definitely helps.

Happy publication day Sheila. Another gem for your collection. Now I'll soon be reading Stand By Me which I'm in the mood to read sooner rather than later.
Thank you to NetGalley and Headline Books for the opportunity to review Three Weddings and a Proposal by Sheila O'Flanagan before the publication date.

Delphine Martens is a thirty-something Executive Assistant to Conrad Morgan, a multi-millionaire businessman.  Delphie has a great home by the sea, and, although single, she loves her life and her friends and everything is going well until she receives a phone call on the night of her brother's wedding, a phone call which turns her life upside down.

Once again Sheila O'Flanagan draws the reader into the story, bringing the characters to life and creating people that you would like to be friends with.  Delphie has a difficult few months but she has the strength of character to deal with each episode clearly and concisely, usually ending up with the best outcome for her.

Sheila O'Flanagan's books are enjoyable and heart-warming, a comfort-read that you could easily digest in one sitting.  Grab a cup of tea (or whatever takes your fancy) and curl up with Three Weddings and a Proposal and simply enjoy it.