Cover Image: I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas

I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas

Thank you ABRAMS Kids, Amulet Books for Young Readers for this eARC via netgalley.

3.5 / 5 stars

Noelle is dreaming of a wonderful Christmas filled with yuletide cheer with friends and family. However not all goes as planned as she feels separation from her father as everything else seems to go awry. Noelle soon decides to leave it all when she takes a babysitting position with a family for a holiday getaway. When an unplanned visitor arrives things go even further in an unexpected direction.

I really enjoy reading from this author. This book felt so warm and full of holiday cheer. I really enjoyed the characters and the changes they went through. I appreciate how some deeper topics were explored and discussed. I wish the communication overall was a bit better but it was still a very entertaining read.
Thank you for the review copy Net Galley!

I love the Christmas Season so this book was one of my top requests on NetGalley. This book follows Noelle, a ballet dancer who loves Christmas but here friends and family don’t always share her enthusiasm. When her favorite family asks her to come with them on their winter vacation to help babysit the kids she jumps at the chance to go with them.

When the kids’ older half-brother, Wyatt surprises them all at the apartment and Noelle messes up their surprise they start off on the wrong foot. She works to get him to like her and to talk about dance and then one thing leads to another and she finds her crush on him growing bigger and bigger.

I loved this book so much! There are so many different fun winter and Christmas details in it. Noelle was a fun and well-written character and she had her hopes and goals but she still loved to have fun. She did have her flaws but she was a relatable character, especially for a dancer. I loved all the little dance references and wintery and Christmas vibes.

I loved the storyline between Noelle and her father it was so well written and it was an interesting look at family dynamics. I also loved her relationship with the family she babysits and between her friends.

I highly recommend this book for lovers of Christmas, Ballet, and cute fuzzy rom coms!
This book was very cute. I loved reading from a younger YA protagonists' POV. It covered heavy topics like grief and abandonment in a thoughtful and honest way.
Fourteen-year-old Noelle is a ballet dancer, a babysitter, and obsessed with Christmas. When her favourite babysitting clients, the Kahales, ask her to go away with them to Vermont for Christmas, she agrees. It’s the perfect excuse to avoid her father, who has been busy with work and ignoring Noelle lately. Noelle gets a huge surprise when the older half-brother of the kids who she babysits arrives. She’s never met Wyatt, but she’s had a crush on him since she saw his photos and videos of him dancing. Their relationship is off to a rocky start, when Wyatt’s younger siblings like Noelle more than him, but they soon realize they can bond over their similar family issues. Noelle and Wyatt have more in common than they thought, and they may be just what the other needs.

This is a perfect holiday romance! It was hard to remember that Noelle was only fourteen-years-old in this story. There wasn’t anything adult themed in the book, but it was so relatable and fun. Noelle and Wyatt had a slow build romance, but that made it more rewarding when they finally figured out their feelings for each other.

Though the main characters were young teenagers, Noelle still had to deal with some mature issues. She was still recovering from the death of her mother six years earlier, which was always a difficult memory at the holidays. She wanted to attend a dance boarding school, but didn’t know how to speak to her father since they had a fight and weren’t speaking. Noelle was also experiencing her first love, and the complications that came with liking the son of her employer. Though these were some potentially difficult topics, they were handled really well and the story still had a light tone.

I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas is a fun young adult holiday romance!

Thank you Amulet Books for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This was a really cute story for teens. I think it’s one that would appeal to a wide range of YA readers. The relationship was really cute and I liked the festive Nutcracker, ski resort vibe for the holiday. Cute and one I would recommend.
I thought this one was so cute! Loved the dance theme. Such a good middle grade book. I thought the plot was creative and the story line was at a good pace. Overall, great book!
Noelle loves Christmas but this year is having a hard time getting in the spirit - things are off at home and her friends don’t seem to be excited for their usual holiday activities. So when her favorite baby-sitting family offers to bring her to their ski cabin as their babysitter, she jumps at the opportunity for a Christmas change of scenery. But she is shocked when the older half-brother of the kids she is babysitting, Wyatt, shows up. Despite never meeting Wyatt before, she’s had a HUGE crush on him just from what she’s heard about him., which makes this trip even more interesting.

This is definitely designed for a younger YA audience - so if you’re looking for a sweet, fun holiday rom com for yourself or the teenagers in your life, this is a great one! There are so many feel-good vibes in this one. The main characters were both facing major life choices and it was interesting to see them navigate those, especially ay such a young age. Overall, this one was a fun holiday read!
Thank you so much @NetGalley and @piquebeyond for gifting me a copy of I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas in exchange for an honest review.

⛷ Mini Review 🎄
I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas by @Tiffanyschmidt was the perfect read for me this month. I needed something fun and cute to break up my fantasy readings. And even though I just decorated for fall, this book has gotten me in the mood for Christmas time!!!

Noelle is 14, an incredible ballet dancer, one of the best babysitters in town, and has the biggest crush on a boy she’s never met. Wyatt is the older stepbrother of one of her favorite families to babysit for, the Kahales. He is also an amazing ballet dancer who attends the school she’s been dreaming about for a while.

Christmas is Noelle’s favorite time of year 🎄Her mom, who passed away when she was younger, was all about the holidays and everything that came with it. So naturally, Noelle is the same. This year is not going as planned, though. Her friends seem too busy or not excited about all the festivities she’s planned and her father seems to be nonexistent for months now. When the Kahales ask Noelle if she can come to a ski resort with them and babysit, she doesn’t feel like there’s any reason to stay home.

One thing Noelle wasn’t expecting was her long-time crush, Wyatt, to surprise the family and join them on the trip. After spending time
With Wyatt she realizes that there is more to him than just dance, and surprisingly, it makes her like him even more.

I had so much fun reading this book. All the characters were super cute and enjoyable, and I didn’t want to put it down. Ima sucker for Christmas books, so I knew I would love it. I loved the friendships that Noelle had and the kiddos were the cutest. It was such a feel-good read.

If you love Christmas and cute romances, this book is for you. I gave it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
One of which is I’m Dreaming Of A Wyatt Christmas by Tiffany Schmidt (thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this ARC)

I’m Dreaming Of A Wyatt Christmas is your classic Christmas romcom- I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw it as a Netflix film soon.

Noelle Partridge (I have to admit, I laughed when I read her name) loves Christmas. (she’s probably one of those people who looks at me really weird when I say I don’t celebrate it). She really, really loves it. Every year, she and her family and friends have a string of traditions to celebrate the holiday. Except this year, things are different.

Noelle’s dad hasn’t been the same since her mom died. He’s spending more and more time with work and less and less time with her. Her friends are less interested, and things just keep going wrong this year.

So when her babysitting clients ask her to come with them to their ski lodge for Christmas to help out, she agrees.

It probably also helps that they have another kid- super hot, elite ballerina (oh yeah Noelle does ballet), Wyatt.

But when Noelle and Wyatt meet, sparks fly.

Will Noelle be able to survive the holiday season with him?

Ok, so the synopsis kind of flopped.

But um, I kinda liked this, but at the same time I really didn’t. The main reason I didn’t like it was because it was such a typical Christmas film/story.

The name, the plot, the everything were just straight out of a Netflix film.

I also wasn’t a huge fan of the characters- it all felt a little cringey.

But I guess, most Christmas movie/ stories are.
I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Chirstmas is a cute, heartwarming romance perfect for the upcoming holiday season. The book follows Noelle, a dancer who absolutely loves Christmas, and always goes overboard with the celebrations. But as her dad, the only family she has left after the death of her mother, grows withdrawn, Noelle decides to accept one of her babysitting clients' offer to spend the holidays with them at a ski lodge. From there, Noelle meets Wyatt, and a fun, sparkling romance ensues.

My initial thoughts on this book were so-so. While I understood why Noelle was so upset about everything, and why she was acting the way she did, I thought she could be unbearably self-centered at times. Her inner diologue made it difficult for me to actually get invested in the story, and I had a hard time liking her. I could definitely sympathize for her, because it's so difficult losing a parent around Christmas time, and growing apart from someone you love is terrifying, but she took all of it a bit far at times.

This did not take away my enjoyment of the book, however. Once Noelle was actually at the lodge, I was way more engaged with the story. It felt reminiscence of some of the Hallmark movies I enjoy watching, while still adding its own twist to things.

A big issue I've had with romances recently is that I simply cannot understand why the two main characters like each other, but I can happily say that this wasn't the case here. Noelle and Wyatt had a lot and common, though were different enough that they didn't immediately get along. I loved watching their journey from reluctant housemates to their budding romance. It was all very sweet.

I also particularly enjoyed Noelle's questioning of whether she should fully dedicate herself to something at only 14 years old. I was kind of in the same position as her when I was younger, but it took me a lot longer to realize that I shouldn't box myself in like that, because there are so many options out there. I think it was a good conversation to have, and it was really well done. It didn't take over the plot and dominate the story, but it was necessary to talk about, and a fantastic compromise was reached.

So, while it took me a little while to get into the story, and to begin rooting for our main character (who I will say definitely does grow throughout the story), I still really enjoyed my time with it. It was the perfect romance to read during the holiday season, and I would recommend it for those looking for something light-hearted and fun. Though there are several mentions of a death of a parent and grief, so if you're looking for all fluff, this one might not be for you. I personally liked this aspect because it added another layer and emotional depth to the story. Noelle's mom had died several years ago, but she still found herself stunned by grief from time to time, and it felt so natural and raw. I really liked that.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for early access to I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas by the lovely Tiffany Schmidt. My opinions are purely my own.

This book was amazing! I'm not one for soppy romances but this was one of my favourite Christmas reads ever. Wyatt is one of the most realistic characters and the inclusion of ballet and family was perfection.
Adorable little Y/A Christmas rom-com story. I didn't exactly love our protagonist, but I did find this to be a quick,  easy, relatively fun read.
I thought this was a really cute YA Christmas themed rom-com.  It had Christmas events, the ballet, the nutcracker, skating, a ski trip and more.   I like how it delved into family dynamics and some more serious issues like parental loss and being a child of divorce as well... issues young adults may relate to.    Overall I think it was an adorable little romance book for YA readers.
overall, i didn't like it, like i feel like that some of the main characters actions were just so annoying and a lot of this book was just super unrealistic. and like i know that this is supposed to be this christmas romance book, but i honestly feel like a lot of this book was just not cute, and i mean i think noelle ruined the book for me. plus, i found it kind if weird that they were so young, like i know it's a YA, but they there like 14. and like that she was just so self centered and that she doesn't really care about the kids around her, and i don't even know how she was this babysitter because she was so young, and i think it was just so crazy that she was able to take care of these kids, when she was a kid herself. but, i guess she did kind of apologize for some of her issues, but i feel like it wasn't even apologizing or owning up to her mistakes, just like her thinking that it was the best thing to do, so she did it.
3.5 stars
This was a really entertaining YA Christmas rom-com following Noelle as she goes on a ski trip with her babysitting clients over Christmas vacation--accompanied surprisingly by the kids' older half-brother who Noelle has admired for a long time, but never met. Cue all the cozy ski lodges, awkward moments, toddler tantrums, and Christmas feels! I did really enjoy Noelle's narration; she has loved making Christmas meaningful since her mother passed a few years ago and this change of scenery is not something she expected to love but it does grow on her and change her as a person, which was great development to see. She is 14 but reads a little older, especially with how mature she was regarding her passion for dance and babysitting so while this is probably targeted for younger YA readers, older ones can read and enjoy it too! I really liked her passion for ballet as it does play a big part in the story as well. Her relationship with her father was another big portion of the book and I really appreciated seeing a realistic familial relationship between a teenage girl and her dad. The romance was sweet, it was a little rocky development-wise and kind of all over the place for a part of their relationship but it was overall wholesome and enjoyable. I highly recommend this for YA readers during the holidays!
I have read my fair share of holiday books in 2021, 6 or 7 total, and most of them were solid/cute. Fun holiday hijinks and romance. But out of all of them, I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas, is hands-down the holiday book winner for 2021. In fact I love it so much I have already read it twice. It is a quintessential Tiffany Schmidt book about growing up and figuring out your footing and not running from your problems. It also has an adorable romance, ballet, snow, and of course Christmas! It grabbed me right from the beginning with its smart writing and storytelling and made me yearn for hot cocoa and cozy PJs and the sparkle of holiday lights. (It did not make me yearn for snow.). Wyatt and Noelle were an adorable pairing and I loved seeing them interact with Wyatt’s siblings, Jack and Holly. In the end this book was exactly what I needed to get me ready for the holidays and the book you will need too! Buy your copy today!!!
This was a pretty cute quick read! The relationships Noelle has with her friends was really nice to see. Especially with everything she’s dealing with (losing her mom, debating changing schools, issues with her dad etc). I also thought the relationship between Noelle and Wyatt was adorable.

The parental expectations and the way Noelle spoke to some of the adults in her life at 14 seemed a little unrealistic to me but its been a while since I was 14.

I really loved the setting of the book, a snowy cabin near a ski resort, it just screams holidays. It had tons of festive vibes and holiday cheer.

This is a good one to pick up during the holidays!
I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas by Tiffany Schmidt is a cute and festive romcom that is sure to put readers in the holiday spirit. This one combines ballet and babysitting as the main character spends the holidays babysitting her favourite clients at a ski resort. The characters are lovable, and the descriptions of winter activities throughout the book make for a cosy reading experience. This is a great read for those looking for something light with a touch of chaos this holiday season.

Christmas enthusiast Noelle has always made big plans for the holidays, but this year, with her dad and best friends too busy for her activities, Christmas doesn’t feel the same. However, when her favourite babysitting clients invite her on a ski trip to help out over winter break, she’s excited for the chance to get back into the holiday spirit, and the opportunity to earn some more money to put toward an elite ballet academy. That is, until the kids’ older stepbrother, who happens to be Noelle’s crush, shows up at the lodge, throwing her world into chaos.

❀ LOVABLE MAIN CHARACTER

Noelle is a lovable main character, and I enjoyed her voice. She is a talented dancer, but, since her current dance school is no longer challenging enough for her, she is looking for a way to advance her career. Wyatt happens to go to the same school Noelle dreams about, but he doesn’t see the same magic in Beacon that she does. I enjoyed the dynamic between these two characters and the way they are able to open up to each other. The kids are also so well-written, and I adored reading about the havoc they wreak.

❀ WINTER VIBES

This book also has peak winter vibes, and there are so many festive activities throughout the book. From building snowmen to decorating gingerbread houses, it is easy to become immersed in the holiday spirit. The ski lodge setting is also so cosy, making this a great read to curl up with by the fire.

❀ UPBEAT AND ENTERTAINING

I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas by Tiffany Schmidt is an upbeat and entertaining holiday read. I loved the combination of ballet, skiing, and babysitting, and the characters are each well-written. This one also contains plenty of holiday cheer, making it a great seasonal story for a younger YA audience.
A very fun take on a Christmas rom-com. The meet-cute was fun and perhaps not a traditional meet-cute but works nonetheless. The characters seemed older than the 14 and 15 than they were in the book. The thoughts and actions made me think of some who were in their junior and/or senior year of high school.
I will admit that I really struggled to get into this book – I’m okay with YA, but the discussions with the friends at the start really showed me just how YA it was. And so, I put it down. However, I decided to give it one more try, and it wasn’t as bad once I accepted it’s about a young teen and this is how they act.

Moving on, I could relate to some aspects of Noelle’s character – grieving her mother in particular, as that is something I feel during the holiday season myself. And I can understand the idea of burying your grief in work like her father does (it’s also a pretty common trope in YA books).

Overall, I thought this book was okay, and successful as a holiday read since it did have all the elements of a good holiday book – festive vibes, a snowy cabin, and holiday cheer. So I appreciated all of those pieces.

Thanks to Net Galley and ABRAMS Kids for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.