Cover Image: I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas

I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas

I thought this was a really cute YA Christmas themed rom-com.  It had Christmas events, the ballet, the nutcracker, skating, a ski trip and more.   I like how it delved into family dynamics and some more serious issues like parental loss and being a child of divorce as well... issues young adults may relate to.    Overall I think it was an adorable little romance book for YA readers.
overall, i didn't like it, like i feel like that some of the main characters actions were just so annoying and a lot of this book was just super unrealistic. and like i know that this is supposed to be this christmas romance book, but i honestly feel like a lot of this book was just not cute, and i mean i think noelle ruined the book for me. plus, i found it kind if weird that they were so young, like i know it's a YA, but they there like 14. and like that she was just so self centered and that she doesn't really care about the kids around her, and i don't even know how she was this babysitter because she was so young, and i think it was just so crazy that she was able to take care of these kids, when she was a kid herself. but, i guess she did kind of apologize for some of her issues, but i feel like it wasn't even apologizing or owning up to her mistakes, just like her thinking that it was the best thing to do, so she did it.
3.5 stars
This was a really entertaining YA Christmas rom-com following Noelle as she goes on a ski trip with her babysitting clients over Christmas vacation--accompanied surprisingly by the kids' older half-brother who Noelle has admired for a long time, but never met. Cue all the cozy ski lodges, awkward moments, toddler tantrums, and Christmas feels! I did really enjoy Noelle's narration; she has loved making Christmas meaningful since her mother passed a few years ago and this change of scenery is not something she expected to love but it does grow on her and change her as a person, which was great development to see. She is 14 but reads a little older, especially with how mature she was regarding her passion for dance and babysitting so while this is probably targeted for younger YA readers, older ones can read and enjoy it too! I really liked her passion for ballet as it does play a big part in the story as well. Her relationship with her father was another big portion of the book and I really appreciated seeing a realistic familial relationship between a teenage girl and her dad. The romance was sweet, it was a little rocky development-wise and kind of all over the place for a part of their relationship but it was overall wholesome and enjoyable. I highly recommend this for YA readers during the holidays!
I have read my fair share of holiday books in 2021, 6 or 7 total, and most of them were solid/cute. Fun holiday hijinks and romance. But out of all of them, I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas, is hands-down the holiday book winner for 2021. In fact I love it so much I have already read it twice. It is a quintessential Tiffany Schmidt book about growing up and figuring out your footing and not running from your problems. It also has an adorable romance, ballet, snow, and of course Christmas! It grabbed me right from the beginning with its smart writing and storytelling and made me yearn for hot cocoa and cozy PJs and the sparkle of holiday lights. (It did not make me yearn for snow.). Wyatt and Noelle were an adorable pairing and I loved seeing them interact with Wyatt’s siblings, Jack and Holly. In the end this book was exactly what I needed to get me ready for the holidays and the book you will need too! Buy your copy today!!!
This was a pretty cute quick read! The relationships Noelle has with her friends was really nice to see. Especially with everything she’s dealing with (losing her mom, debating changing schools, issues with her dad etc). I also thought the relationship between Noelle and Wyatt was adorable.

The parental expectations and the way Noelle spoke to some of the adults in her life at 14 seemed a little unrealistic to me but its been a while since I was 14.

I really loved the setting of the book, a snowy cabin near a ski resort, it just screams holidays. It had tons of festive vibes and holiday cheer.

This is a good one to pick up during the holidays!
I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas by Tiffany Schmidt is a cute and festive romcom that is sure to put readers in the holiday spirit. This one combines ballet and babysitting as the main character spends the holidays babysitting her favourite clients at a ski resort. The characters are lovable, and the descriptions of winter activities throughout the book make for a cosy reading experience. This is a great read for those looking for something light with a touch of chaos this holiday season.

Christmas enthusiast Noelle has always made big plans for the holidays, but this year, with her dad and best friends too busy for her activities, Christmas doesn’t feel the same. However, when her favourite babysitting clients invite her on a ski trip to help out over winter break, she’s excited for the chance to get back into the holiday spirit, and the opportunity to earn some more money to put toward an elite ballet academy. That is, until the kids’ older stepbrother, who happens to be Noelle’s crush, shows up at the lodge, throwing her world into chaos.

❀ LOVABLE MAIN CHARACTER

Noelle is a lovable main character, and I enjoyed her voice. She is a talented dancer, but, since her current dance school is no longer challenging enough for her, she is looking for a way to advance her career. Wyatt happens to go to the same school Noelle dreams about, but he doesn’t see the same magic in Beacon that she does. I enjoyed the dynamic between these two characters and the way they are able to open up to each other. The kids are also so well-written, and I adored reading about the havoc they wreak.

❀ WINTER VIBES

This book also has peak winter vibes, and there are so many festive activities throughout the book. From building snowmen to decorating gingerbread houses, it is easy to become immersed in the holiday spirit. The ski lodge setting is also so cosy, making this a great read to curl up with by the fire.

❀ UPBEAT AND ENTERTAINING

I’m Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas by Tiffany Schmidt is an upbeat and entertaining holiday read. I loved the combination of ballet, skiing, and babysitting, and the characters are each well-written. This one also contains plenty of holiday cheer, making it a great seasonal story for a younger YA audience.
A very fun take on a Christmas rom-com. The meet-cute was fun and perhaps not a traditional meet-cute but works nonetheless. The characters seemed older than the 14 and 15 than they were in the book. The thoughts and actions made me think of some who were in their junior and/or senior year of high school.
I will admit that I really struggled to get into this book – I’m okay with YA, but the discussions with the friends at the start really showed me just how YA it was. And so, I put it down. However, I decided to give it one more try, and it wasn’t as bad once I accepted it’s about a young teen and this is how they act.

Moving on, I could relate to some aspects of Noelle’s character – grieving her mother in particular, as that is something I feel during the holiday season myself. And I can understand the idea of burying your grief in work like her father does (it’s also a pretty common trope in YA books).

Overall, I thought this book was okay, and successful as a holiday read since it did have all the elements of a good holiday book – festive vibes, a snowy cabin, and holiday cheer. So I appreciated all of those pieces.

Thanks to Net Galley and ABRAMS Kids for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
The cutest christmasy romance. All about ballet, babysitting, and boys. For me personally this book is everything I ever wanted. I do ballet and I’m also a babysitter and a huge romantic. This book was the most perfect read for me. Honestly even if your none of these things (expect for maybe a romantic) I still highly recommend this book for some christmas reading.
I LOVED THIS SO SO SO SO MUCH!!! This story sucked me in from the very beginning, giving me the warms fuzzies. I loved the relationship that Noelle has with the Kahale's and their children, she is so close with them. Jack is beyond adorable. This is a story that is beyond good!!
This book was the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit. Going into the Christmas season, Noelle was feeling a lot, missing her mom and feeling abandoned by her dad as he focused everything on his new project. Those feelings just grew worse as the holiday grew closer and her normal traditions failed to meet her expectations. Growing older and seeing our childhood traditions changing is such a hard thing to deal with alone, but are made much worse with the loss of a parent. Noelle instead decides to run away from her daily life to babysit for her favorite family, the Kahales, to distract her from her disappointments. Through the book, Noelle comes to the realization that her dreams of attending Beacon was just her way of running away as well. An unexpected visitor, her crush who she'd never met, helps her realize this and makes her holiday much different than she expected as she finds healing, love and that her family is actually bigger than she thought. I thought the relationship between Noelle and Wyatt was so sweet, their chemistry was great and it felt authentic to their experience. They were both experiencing a lot of hurt from their parents and were able to bond through that but also help each other grow and communicate. This was such a fun, cozy holiday read that definitely helped me get into the holiday spirit with all the fun christmas events.

The only thing I didn't like what how young Noelle was. I don't recall if they mention Wyatt's age but I felt like 14 was just a bit too young. The writing was more of a mature voice than I would expect from a 14-year-old, it felt more like she was 16.
This book generally speaking is about ballet and skiing, so if you enjoy these subjects you will love this book!

Noelle is our protagonist who's mum passed away 6 years ago, she love ballet but to make money she take a babysitting course and she is successful at it.
She has a strong group of friends, Autumn who family own a successful party planning business, and her group of core friends enjoy tasting the new food..Coco who is very successful in swimming.mae..Maiae nothing much is mentioned. about her
All are single 14 year olds, that go to the same school. And are such a good group of friends to Noelle.

Noelle is the oldest/lead dancer in Spirit dance school, but dreams of going to studying at a specialist dance college, as she :eats, sleeps and breathes ballet".

However while still considering her options she is asked to accompany one of babysitting, who are 8 and 4 years old to a ski resort over Christmas and returning on the 30th of December (8days away). It sounds like a real life fairytale as she feels the magic of Christmas has gone ever since her mum passed away and being an only child has felt isolated.

But then hee sep-son turns up unexpectedly, he is someone who Noelle has studied dancing, will they be friends or enemy's? As they both have secrets they hold close, and are a bit suspicious of each other. It's a good Christmas read for Y/A or just a fan of romance books.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for giving me a digital copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
This book was so fun to read. The holiday figurative language was nicely added, the story was fast-paced and fun, and the characters were realistic and sweet. This book focuses on holiday traditions but the last third of it takes place after Christmas and before New Year's Eve, making it a great present to give a teen the holidays (so they can read it while in winter break).
Noelle lost her mom when she was young.  Now that she is finally in high school, her dad is super busy with work.  Noelle still has ballet, babysitting and her friends to keep her busy but when no one wants to join in the traditional Christmas festivities, Noelle must do something different  She accepts an over the break babysitting job that will take her on vacation with her favorite family to sit for.  When her crush that she's never met, who also happens to be the kids older brother, shows up, panic sets in.  Noelle must help the family figure out what is going on and try not to let her crush ruin her Christmas.
Opinion
This was an absolute delight to read.  Noelle's innocence in relationships and her budding maturity make this story such a great read.  I love the times she gets herself in trouble as well as the little sweet moments with Wyatt.  This is the perfect read for a young teenager embarking into romance books.  It is a sweet and endearing read.
Many thanks to Net Galley for providing me with an ARC of this book.
My first holiday book of 2021 and the first of the holiday reviews you can expect! This was a total cover impulse for me and I do love to read YA holiday books. I think they really capture the stakes of the season. I think this book was cute, fun, festive, and as always when it comes to YA, just a tiny bit unrealistic. However, I do think it will prove effective with its target audience.

If you love Christmas, ski lodges, babysitting tips, and a sweet romance, you’ll enjoy this book.

Synopsis:
“Ballet and babysitting bring two teens together in this very merry holiday rom-com from the author of the acclaimed Bookish Boyfriends series

Noelle Partridge is known for three things: being the best ballet dancer, babysitter, and person with the most Christmas spirit in her small town. But lately she's bored by the lessons at her dance school, and her friends and father are more bah humbug than deck the halls. So when her favorite babysitting clients ask her to accompany them on a ski trip over winter break, she packs her bags for the slopes. It helps that they're offering double her rate--she'll need the money for Beacon, an elite ballet academy that has granted her an audition.

Noelle is ready to have fa la la la fun, until Wyatt, the older half-brother of her babysitting charges, decides to surprise his family for the holiday. He's one of the best dancers at Beacon, and makes Noelle's head spin faster than pirouettes. Unfortunately, she also manages to step on his toes--spoiling his surprise and complicating his secret plans. After a few missteps, Noelle and Wyatt begin to thaw toward each other and bond over the big decisions looming in each of their lives. With enough Christmas magic, Noelle might just start the New Year with lots of babysitting cash in her pocket and a chance with the pas de deux partner of her dreams.” —NetGalley

What I Liked:
The Setting—I LOVED the snowy cabin, ski mountain setting. I could totally picture everything so clearly and thought it was a fun place to spend some time.

Grief & The Holidays—Noelle is dealing with another Christmas without her mom and that theme is very strong. I think it’s refreshing and relatable to see someone who loves the holiday their loved one and instead of hating it, they try really hard to celebrate it in their honor. But being an only child, we see Noelle grapple with how things have changed in her relationship with her dad.

The Holiday Cheer—Look, I love the holiday season so I’m always happy to see someone else! I felt like this book captured the perfect amount of festiveness.

What Didn’t Work:
Parental Expectations—There were some moments that I truly didn’t think made sense when it came to Nick and Ginger Kahale, the parents Noelle is babysitting for. Without spoilers, I just don’t think adults would ask or expect somethings for the teens in their life.

Content Warnings:
Grief, loss of a parent, minor fatphobic comments/mention of dieting, strained parent/child relationships

Character Authenticity: 3.5/5  Steam Rating: N/A as it is YA  Overall Rating: 3/5
I'M DREAMING OF A WYATT CHRISTMAS by Tiffany Schmidt is the perfect young adult holiday romcom! It has a huge dose of festive feels, some loving families navigating tricky situations, cute kiddos that make for some hilarious moments, and a sweet romance. It's like a Hallmark movie on the page and catered to a younger readership. I'd say this book is perfectly suitable for younger teens and upper middle graders. The main character, Noelle, is 14-years-old, and the reading level isn't too challenging. The romance is wholesome, and the story doesn't contain any dark elements, other than grief over a deceased parent and a minor skiing accident. I'M DREAMING OF A WYATT CHRISTMAS will definitely get you in the holiday spirit!
I loved the Christmas nostalgia in this book! Anyone who knows me well knows that Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year. This book has everything that's good about Christmas.

At times I found it hard to believe that Noelle was only 14, she was quite mature for her age and the story seemed quite advanced in points for her age, which made it a little less believable. I've also read a few reviews condemning her actions and saying she made mistakes, but I found that an important element of the story. She did make mistakes, she did make some questionable choices, but she's 14 - we've all been there!

I ended up thoroughly enjoying I'm Dreaming of a Wyatt Christmas. Sure, parts required a stretch of the imagination, but all the best Christmas stories do!

OVERALL: 4/5

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was enjoyable, fast-paced and fun! It's aimed at a slightly younger age group, but anyone who enjoys fun holiday tales will certainly love this book! It's the perfect read to curl up in front of the fire with.

PLOT: 3/5

I did enjoy the plot, but it definitely wasn't the highlight of the book for me. Tiffany Schmidt has managed to capture the true essence of Christmas within the pages, and that really shone through for me. The plot was nice, but nothing spectacular when compared to the rest of the book.

CHARACTERS: 3.5/5

I liked the characters in this book. The Kahales were an amazing family and really added to the story in so many ways. I liked Noelle, and her friend group were so kind and supportive of her and her goals.

WRITING: 4/5

As I've said before, the writing really captured the spirit of magic of Christmas. It was an engaging read that I was always excited to fall into when I had the opportunity to read more!

I received a digital ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Honestly, this book was not for me. It was one of those books that you get second hand embarrassment over and over from. The main character was really obnoxious to me and honestly the book seemed highly unrealistic. Overall I think the idea for this book was better then the actual execution. 2.5/5 stars.
I don't usually read YA but this one was just adorable. I am getting in the mood for Christmas stories and this one hit the spot. Noelle is a babysitter and is asked to go on Christmas break with her charges. She is a ballet dancer that is trying hard to get into a coveted school, Beacon, to better her dance.
She not only wants to go to Beacon for the dance, but for a dancer. The family she babysits for has a son who dances there and she has a big crush on him. Wyatt is an amazing dancer and doesn't even know who she is, but when he shows up at the family's vacation house with a chip on his shoulder wondering who this girl is, things get a little messy.
Noelle loves her Christmas traditions, and follows them each year. They remind her of her mother who passed away. This year things have been changing and she isn't ready for it. Her dad never has time for her, her friends are outgrowing the traditons and she feels lost.
I enjoyed this story about two teens who desparately needed someone to talk to, finding each other and navigating their way through messy life.
I had to DNF this at 22% because I wasn't feeling anything towards the main character. I also kept forgetting that this mc is 14-years old, but she talks more like a 17-18 year old. Then again, I was probably the same at fourteen, so that's not really the issue. I just couldn't get into the book and found what her dad said at the end of her dance show totally off-putting, calling her a nuisance (though I'm suspecting he didn't mean it, but still).

I don't know. Maybe I'll try this book again someday, but it's just not hitting the sweet spot right now.